Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   FTP Answers 10/15 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=523474)

FTPDoug 10-15-2007 02:05 PM

FTP Answers 10/15

So, turns out I'm not dead. It's been so long (sorry about that!) I'm just going to start fresh from the "Is Doug dead" thread, and then next time answer whatever pops up in this thread.

1. bring back the 20+2 90 man double stack sngs... the 180 man 24+2 sngs rarely start (and they aren't really the same type anyway)

- Maybe. We're still giving them some time to catch on. Other than the slow fill up time, is there something in particular you don't like about the 180 man?

2. change the daily double 10+2 to a 11+2 and allow you to buy in to both with one $26 token...

- Would if I could. The system doesn't allow buying into multiple events with one token. I agree that would be cool, though.

3. add more sng sats to the bigger daily tourneys that aren't turbos...

- This is the first request I've seen for this. I'll ask the guy who does this how big a deal it would be. It's probably worth seeing how well they do, anyway. So I guess you got one "definitely maybe" out of your three questions.

4. GIVE ME RAKEBACK!!!!

- We're going to try something new. I'm going to start collecting the names of people who aren't playing on FTP because they don't have rakeback. If and when we come up with a possible solution to this issue, I will notify those people. So, if this is you, email or PM me with your FTP account name and I'll keep a list going. IMPORTANT NOTE: Chances are good nothing will happen for a while, if ever.

5. Don't make somebody red line pro if nobody knows who they are?

- Okay.

6. create a version that does not allow for resizeable tables, thereby making it possible to multitable and use pahud without suffering through intolerable levels of lag

- This isn't going to happen. What is happening, however, is a project to get performance levels not just to where they were before resizable tables, but much better than that. It's a really big project that probably won't be ready until early 2008, but it's one of our top priorities at the moment.

7. Why does FTP take up more bandwidth than any other poker client?

- This is one of the other high priority projects that has taken over our development time lately (to the chagrin of T$ fans everywhere), and we should be seeing some nice bandwidth related improvements in the next update (currently scheduled for early November).

8. I want T$ already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Me too! I've been assured that it will get the attention it deserves in early 2008. Sorry for the constant delays, but those stability and performance projects took over (and continue to take over) our world. Hopefully most people will agree that it's a good tradeoff.

9. Put 30" monitors in the FTP store.

- I'll ask.

10. Allow conversion of FT points to FT medals.

- Probably not going to happen. The Iron Man store is meant to offer items that the regular store doesn't. If we allowed the conversion from regular points to Iron Man medals, that takes away that aspect of the promotion.

Doug

PennDisc 10-15-2007 02:12 PM

Re: FTP Answers 10/15

Re: Software performance levels

Can this be rolled out incrementally at all? I'm using a 3-year old laptop that was fine and dandy for multitabling FTP before resizeable tables came along. Now it's costing me money and your response is wait for some nebulous release date in 2008 or buy a new computer to save a few months of agony and/or lag-related monetary loss. I find it a little silly to get a new computer solely for poker especially if my current machine will end up being just fine when the "big project" is done. How about several "small" performance upgrades? (Is it really a rewrite of the entire software package?)

Edit: By the way, thanks for returning and continuing your Q&A series.

danzasmack 10-15-2007 02:16 PM

Doug bring back the old lobby with all the filters.

kingmack 10-15-2007 02:40 PM

Please add heads up PLO8 cash games.

Wetdog 10-15-2007 02:41 PM

Are bugs that are reported on the FTP website ever responded to? I reported one a couple of weeks ago and have heard nothing back yet.

MasterChen 10-15-2007 02:45 PM

Get the new Ipods for the store

mustmuck 10-15-2007 02:50 PM

ETA for serving Euro customers electronics from the FTP store?

Auto-reload or failing this some ability that makes it easier not to miss one of your blinds right after you get stacked (this tilting you further). Auto-reload obviously better.

BigBiceps 10-15-2007 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

- Probably not going to happen. The Iron Man store is meant to offer items that the regular store doesn't. If we allowed the conversion from regular points to Iron Man medals, that takes away that aspect of the promotion.

Doug

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is not allowed, could there be a seperate way to buy $26 tokens with FT points?

Suigin406 10-15-2007 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get the new Ipods for the store

[/ QUOTE ]

aaaww, heck, just add more cool stuff to the store [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

jkpoker 10-15-2007 03:26 PM

Woot thanks for th thread and updates.

On a side not to $T it wouldn't be to bad to see the prices drop in the store when the items start to devalue. Like the 24" moniter is a cost of around 900ish to the MGR and 300ish to us when you can buy it from many spots for 650 or less new. Dell.com but obviously not as important is fixing lag issues for others or $T.

foxw00ds player 10-15-2007 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. bring back the 20+2 90 man double stack sngs... the 180 man 24+2 sngs rarely start (and they aren't really the same type anyway)

- Maybe. We're still giving them some time to catch on. Other than the slow fill up time, is there something in particular you don't like about the 180 man?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont like the fact that they are single stack and 180 man.

make it a double stack pull back the players to 90 oh and the 26 *token* is perfect price for this.

A_C_Slater 10-15-2007 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Doug

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is not allowed, could there be a seperate way to buy $26 tokens with FT points?

[/ QUOTE ]

There must be a way! And offer Playstation 3 in the FTP electronics store as well.

A_C_Slater 10-15-2007 03:38 PM

Why are some single stack tournaments starting at level 15/30, while others start at 10/20?

Can't you just make them all start at 10/20?

cwar 10-15-2007 03:39 PM

Hi Doug thanks for coming back!
[ QUOTE ]

6. create a version that does not allow for resizeable tables, thereby making it possible to multitable and use pahud without suffering through intolerable levels of lag

- This isn't going to happen. What is happening, however, is a project to get performance levels not just to where they were before resizable tables, but much better than that. It's a really big project that probably won't be ready until early 2008, but it's one of our top priorities at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]
Find a temporary solution that is faster please, you told us to wait 6 months 9 months ago...

DMoogle 10-15-2007 03:47 PM

I'd just like to say that, even though a lot of people whine and complain a lot about FTP's faults in your FTP Answers threads (arguably rightly so [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]), they are still greatly appreciated. Glad to have you back, Doug.

Jzo19 10-15-2007 03:55 PM

let me play on more than 12 tables ...maybe 14 or 15 ..thnk u ,,

foxw00ds player 10-15-2007 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

BOTS ARE NOT welcomed at Full Tilt!
Thank you

foxw00ds player 10-15-2007 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd just like to say that, even though a lot of people whine and complain a lot about FTP's faults in your FTP Answers threads (arguably rightly so [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]), they are still greatly appreciated. Glad to have you back, Doug.

[/ QUOTE ]

whyzze 10-15-2007 04:13 PM

360s, ps3s and wiis please.

dersl 10-15-2007 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

would be nice

I'd also like to see improvents for european players, e.g. faster shipment for shop articles (6 weeks+ is just a joke, +some ppl have reported problems w/ customs, and also no electronic devices) and giving us the option to change the currency of the account to euro (like party does).

mike_oxbig 10-15-2007 04:42 PM

FTP points for bonuses, similar to iron man medals for bonuses.

thirteen 10-15-2007 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lizard King 10-15-2007 05:02 PM

I would like more sngs where you can use Full tilt points to enter and win cash. Since I don't like most of the stuff in the store I would much rather play some 10,000 point 9 man sngs whith a cash prize.

DMoogle 10-15-2007 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
360s, ps3s and wiis please.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah it's be cool to have some video game stuff in the store.

I asked before if you could add a bigger points item in the Ironman store (previously there was just the 150 medals for 5k points), and you added a 25k points item. That's great... but any chance you could add an even larger one? Maybe 100k points for 2300 medals? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

chicken10der 10-15-2007 06:18 PM

find some way to let us use full tilt points at the pokerstars fpp store. seriously, their store is lightyears ahead.

as for rakeback, can we get some information as to what the problem is? we obviously don't know the ins and outs of it. what went wrong during the brief period when people who didn't sign up through an affiliate at all could get in with one that offered rb? at least the way i understand it that was tried at some point a while ago.

foxw00ds player 10-15-2007 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as for rakeback, can we get some information as to what the problem is? we obviously don't know the ins and outs of it. what went wrong during the brief period when people who didn't sign up through an affiliate at all could get in with one that offered rb? at least the way i understand it that was tried at some point a while ago.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong but I think Full Tilt looks at it like this; If an affiliate signs you up this is a customer they would not have had so they pay out rb to the affiliate and the affiliate probably gives you 50 percent of the vig. If you sign up directly without an affiliate, then they look at it like their advertising dollars got you there so no need to dish out any rb.

I had the unfortunute event to sign up thru the affiliate rakebrain and do everything correctly accept email them after I went thru there website and downloaded full tilt.

My ignorance thought that I would be automatically signed up when i put there name in the bonus code and becuase of the cookies but after 2 months I realized I did not get any rakeback and was informed thru full tilt that I am not linked to get such rake back. They acknowledged that I downloaded software thru rakebain but said I failed to send them the email for them to track so I was not entitled... rigged but I guess I kind of love full tilt and still play there rake back free.

Caldarooni 10-15-2007 07:26 PM

Is it really that hard to follow the business model set up by Poker Stars?

Split Suit 10-15-2007 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think that if players have long histories of not sitting out on tables, not timing out and DC-ing often, and have been loyal customers, they should b able to 16-24table on FTP.

please consider this...but only if the player has proven to not plug up ur money maker (the obvious reason why this hasnt been instituted yet)

DMoogle 10-15-2007 07:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it really that hard to follow the business model set up by Poker Stars?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because of the way it's already set up, yes.

iheartponeez 10-15-2007 08:15 PM

Why does Full Tilt not respond to my email, and FTDoug won't respond to my PM's? What did I do to you, Full Tilt, for you to shut me out like this. I want to love you, you know I do, but if we can't communicate then what do we have?

You're prettier than PokerStars, baby, and smarter, and you might give me rakeback, which is so hot, but PokerStars and I...we can just TALK to each other, you know? And you're just so cold sometimes.

I don't want to leave you, but...I just don't know what to do anymore.

dying2win 10-15-2007 08:32 PM

add 0.25 0.50 heads up cash games

ajml 10-15-2007 08:45 PM

What do you think about Absolute having Super User account?

DMoogle 10-15-2007 08:50 PM

Whenever I close multiple tables one after another the FTP client "dies" (i.e. I get a Windows error message saying it encountered a problem and must close). The only way around it I've found is to wait like 15 seconds between each table closure.

It doesn't matter whether I'm sitting at the table or not, and because of that it makes table selection a real bitch.

7_toolz 10-15-2007 08:55 PM

1. Bigger buy-in LIMIT holdem MTT's.
2. More items in the store. More electronics. And allow the poker table ship to Canada.
3. More mid-level double stack $30,$40 buyin MTT's.
4. Have a barebone, simple as possible version of the software for people that prefer performance over looks.
5. Bad beat jackpot tables.
6. Ability to change screename at least once.

dying2win 10-15-2007 08:56 PM

when i try and change the hand history folder full tilt insta closes down. halp

davebreal 10-15-2007 09:08 PM

my previous post about crashing problem cause by mouse clicks:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...page=&vc=1

also, i've been waiting over 5 weeks now to have my ipod shipped inside the continental US... emails to the store seem useless right now.

hime 10-15-2007 09:35 PM

Why does FTP have such a communication problem?

davebreal 10-15-2007 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does FTP have such a communication problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

because i'm "only" paying them $3,000/month in rake.

KEW 10-16-2007 12:19 AM

Different starting time for Iron Man Freerolls...Sat afternoon is terrible...

I think the Iron Man overall is very good overall would just like to see a cheaper conversion price for Medals..."Cheaper bonuses" are great rewards for FT most loyal customers...

Also since we are now in month 13 the penalty for missing a month and dropping back to level one is far to severe..Maybe only a 2 month "penalty" or a drop of 1 level..If I had to start over again at level 1 I prolly would not even bother...

-Stop the lobby from popping up when you close a table or decline a table..

DMoogle 10-16-2007 12:38 AM

By level do you mean month or interval of months?