Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Daliman's Wong teasers, Season Deux: week 6 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=522377)

Daliman 10-13-2007 09:07 PM

Daliman\'s Wong teasers, Season Deux: week 6

Looks like for the first time since I started doing this, there are no viable actual wongs. A couple ok-looking half wongs, but I'm not really too interested in pushing every edge. For those hard-up for wongs, I recommend the KC/Tenn combo as the best of a weak bunch.

iggymcfly 10-14-2007 04:19 AM

Re: Daliman\'s Wong teasers, Season Deux: week 6

I'm trying to post all my NFL plays this year somewhere so I just wanted to say that I'm teasing KC and Ten risking 1.1u to win 1u. I actually think this should have pretty decent value as the lines are closer to 2.5 than 3 in both cases so if you're teasing from 3, you're gaining half of the 9 and only losing about 1/5 of the 3. Also, the Tennessee game has the 3rd lowest total on the board while the KC game has a pretty average total so that should help as well.

4Tay 10-14-2007 08:57 AM

Looks like the KC & Tenn lines are down to +2.5 on my books. So I teased them both to +8.5 for a unit. I think KC will bounce back from their embarrassing loss at home last week, and lo and behold they're home dogs. Tenessee and TB should be a close one.

MyTurn2Raise 10-14-2007 11:44 AM

Also on KC and Tenn
good subset and lines fit the basic strat now

MyTurn2Raise 10-14-2007 11:48 AM

also of note is that KC and Tenn spreads at 2.5 are the Pinny lean on the games as well

Thremp 10-14-2007 11:53 AM

Gah. I took +3s at -110. Lifeaments.

NajdorfDefense 10-14-2007 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also on KC and Tenn

[/ QUOTE ]

ended up gettng 3 on KC at betpop

Daliman 10-14-2007 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also on KC and Tenn

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough, I got on them too, last minute(after games even started!) 1 teaser at $690.

KC+3/+9
Tenn +3/+9

n2p 10-14-2007 04:05 PM

winner, winner

NajdorfDefense 10-14-2007 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also on KC and Tenn

[/ QUOTE ]

ended up gettng 3 on KC at betpop

[/ QUOTE ]

More EZ winners.

Schwatt 10-14-2007 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, I seem to remember you ripping me to pieces for teasing +3's a few weeks ago. But now you tease +3 and it's OK?

Wow, just wow.

Thremp 10-14-2007 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, I seem to remember you ripping me to pieces for teasing +3's a few weeks ago. But now you tease +3 and it's OK?

Wow, just wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're such a clown. Whats worse is you don't even realize why you're a clown when you try to flame me. Could you even give the closing line for either of these two games? Feel free to look it up, think for more then whatever you put into your last post, then... stop posting.

Schwatt 10-14-2007 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, just wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're such a clown. Whats worse is you don't even realize why you're a clown when you try to flame me. Could you even give the closing line for either of these two games? Feel free to look it up, think for more then whatever you put into your last post, then... stop posting.

[/ QUOTE ]

The closing line for the +3 games I teased was +2.5. Your point?

Thremp 10-14-2007 06:43 PM

My point is you're an 888888 and don't understand why.

In addition to support this I would like to point out that "these two games" would refer to the two games I bet. If I cared what you wagered on I would have wrote "your idiotic betaments".

Again... stop.

Schwatt 10-14-2007 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My point is you're an idiot and don't understand why.

In addition to support this I would like to point out that "these two games" would refer to the two games I bet. If I cared what you wagered on I would have wrote "your idiotic betaments".

Again... stop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not debating whether your bet was a good play, it was. What I am getting at, is the fact that you contradict youself when you tell me that "teasing +3 to +9 is terrible". Under most circumstances it isn't a good play, but when you did it this week, and when I did it a few weeks ago are similar cicumstances.

The true line for the games I teased was below +3, I teased them at +3 and you said I was an idiot.

Maybe I'll just have to accept the fact that you will never admit you were wrong, EVER.

Thremp 10-14-2007 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I already R/R a 3 teamer, because I think the lines will move to 2.5.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a liar in addition to a fool. I am not incorrect in this matter. You teased +3s not due to a better price (me), you teased them because you predicted a line movement (error). You still can't even calc the breakeven % you need for the move to be correct. You'd have to be absurdly skillful for this to work. I went over this in detail previously, but here you misrepresent yourself and try to portray me as a liar.

I'm wrong in a lot of things, but this isn't one of them. Teasing +3s in an effort to capture half the nine in a potential BST is idiotic and foolhardy regardless of the result that particular time. There are many wagers better served for this.

Schwatt 10-14-2007 07:43 PM

The lines WERE 2.5 on most books at the time. But whatever, you resort to name calling in every situation.

I am glad you are a great, wealthy, sportbettor. But it still doesn't make up for the fact that you are by far the biggest a-hole on this forum. (And there is absolutely no debate whatsoever to that point)

Thremp 10-14-2007 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The lines WERE 2.5 on most books at the time. But whatever, you resort to name calling in every situation.

I am glad you are a great, wealthy, sportbettor. But it still doesn't make up for the fact that you are by far the biggest a-hole on this forum. (And there is absolutely no debate whatsoever to that point)

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay. So what we've established.

1) I'm a jerk.
2) You're a liar.
3) I don't talk about being great or wealthy or whatever.
4) I initially tried to help you, and you instead resorted to ridicule and scorn in lieu of assistance.
5) You have misrepresented my statements toward you in several threads since then.

I really don't see the point of this unless you're trying to smear my name through misinformation, as if sheer repetition of a falsehood makes it true. I don't really understand why you continually bring up this issue, while always trying to shift the meaning of your original comments. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

EvanJC 10-14-2007 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1) I'm a jerk.
2) You're a liar.
4) I initially tried to help you, and you instead resorted to ridicule and scorn in lieu of assistance.
5) You have misrepresented my statements toward you in several threads since then.

I really don't see the point of this unless you're trying to smear my name through misinformation, as if sheer repetition of a falsehood makes it true. I don't really understand why you continually bring up this issue, while always trying to shift the meaning of your original comments. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're a KyleB gimmick, aren't you?

Schwatt 10-14-2007 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1) I'm a jerk.
2) You're a liar.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) I am guessing everyone on this forum would agree here.
2) My post 60 mins after [ QUOTE ]
I already R/R a 3 teamer, because I think the lines will move to 2.5.

[/ QUOTE ]
stated that [ QUOTE ]
the lines had moved to 2.5 on over half of the major books

[/ QUOTE ]
The ones remaining were all +3 at around -125 or worse odds.
I don't remember exactly which books had what line at the time.
Where exactly did I lie again?

3) You are kidding right? Ripping on posters left and right calling them morons, saying how they don't understand concepts all the time. This, among other things you post implies you think you are a "much" better sports better than most.

Waving your e-peen, talking about your large amounts wagered, and mid six figure bankroll is evidence you think you are rich.

4)Helpful? Here are the posts you have made to me:
[ QUOTE ]
That is bad bad bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No, teasing 3s to 9s is terrible

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This doesn't matter. Do you not understand why?

[/ QUOTE ] [ QUOTE ]
Schwatt,

Because you don't really have a clue what is going on.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, thanks for all that great insight.

And for the record, even when you are right about something, most of the time you don't even post why you think a certain way. You respond with 1 line rips on people instead.

And to the [ QUOTE ]
you instead resorted to ridicule and scorn in lieu of assistance.

[/ QUOTE ] comment, I have never once called you a name until that last post.
YOU, however have called me an idiot, a liar, a fool, and other names on numerous occasions.
5) I dont recall ever misrepresenting your statements. Evidence?

I don't want to keep going back and forth, but I can't help but rebut to your incorrect statements.

I am not trying to smear your name, but you hammered on me my first few posts here, so that just left a mark on me.
First impressions are hard to forget.

Thremp 10-14-2007 08:35 PM

Schwatt,

I don't care what your impressions are. And your previous post is littered full of incorrect statements. Maybe spending some time learning instead of just firing off would be a better idea?

TomCowley 10-14-2007 08:56 PM

Look, here's why you tease +3

1) I like teasers wheeeeee!!!!!!
2) +3 big juice, for VALUE, because the true line is basically equivalent to +2.5, and you're getting a free half point (albeit a crappy half of a 9).
3) The true line is +2.5 widely available, and some book is hanging +3 huge juice, so you get a free half point.
4) Because you expect the line to move from true +3 low juice to true +2.5, and you're trying to snap a free half point.

If your reason is 1, well, you don't bet for value, so knock yourself out. If your reason is 2 or 3, congrats, good bet. If your reason is 4, you're wrong for two reasons. First, if the line goes the other way or stays put, you're left with a proportionally much worse bet than if it goes your way, and second, if you're confident enough in the move to bet anyway, bet the GAME, where you're picking up a free half of the *3* instead of a teaser for a free half of the *9*.

Schwatt, whatever your actual reasoning was, you posted that you were teasing because you expected a line move. Your post deserved to get laughed at.

n2p 10-14-2007 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look, here's why you tease +3

1) I like teasers wheeeeee!!!!!!
2) +3 big juice, for VALUE, because the true line is basically equivalent to +2.5, and you're getting a free half point (albeit a crappy half of a 9).
3) The true line is +2.5 widely available, and some book is hanging +3 huge juice, so you get a free half point.
4) Because you expect the line to move from true +3 low juice to true +2.5, and you're trying to snap a free half point.

If your reason is 1, well, you don't bet for value, so knock yourself out. If your reason is 2 or 3, congrats, good bet. If your reason is 4, you're wrong for two reasons. First, if the line goes the other way or stays put, you're left with a proportionally much worse bet than if it goes your way, and second, if you're confident enough in the move to bet anyway, bet the GAME, where you're picking up a free half of the *3* instead of a teaser for a free half of the *9*.

Schwatt, whatever your actual reasoning was, you posted that you were teasing because you expected a line move. Your post deserved to get laughed at.

[/ QUOTE ]

good post, but I dont understand the diff between 2 and 3 in your post.

Thremp 10-14-2007 09:20 PM

n2p,

They're the exact same statement reworded. I assume he did this for balance so he'd have 2 "correct" answers and 2 "wrong" answers since it looks better.

Daliman 10-14-2007 09:33 PM

Dammit, nobody trainwrecks one of my threads but ME!

Thremp 10-14-2007 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I drink 5L of gin, will my blood become gin?

DCJ311 10-14-2007 09:59 PM

Keyboard Gangsta

Daliman 10-14-2007 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Only about 40% of it.

Thremp 10-14-2007 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Only about 40% of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No thats the alcohol. Durrr... But if I'm drink Tang 10 then it'd be like 47.5%... gogogoogogogo

TomCowley 10-14-2007 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good post, but I dont understand the diff between 2 and 3 in your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're the exact same logic, but for different WA lines.