Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Barcelona EPT Live Stream (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=490697)

PujolsOfPokr 08-31-2007 12:06 PM

Barcelona EPT Live Stream

Are any of you guys watching this?

Pokerstars has a link to the free stream of this tourney, and they are now in the money with less than 50 left.
The guy who won it last year, Bjorn-Erik Glenne is still alive and sittin on a healthy stack.

It's been interesting so far, and refreshing to watch live poker and not have to deal with Norm-n-Chad

Tomy_Lee 08-31-2007 12:13 PM

Re: Barcelona EPT Live Stream

link?

PujolsOfPokr 08-31-2007 12:27 PM

http://www.eptlive.com/high_en.html

That is the high-resultion link I've been watching on..

Berky 08-31-2007 12:33 PM

thanks for the link mate

Tomy_Lee 08-31-2007 01:38 PM

thanks, gonna watch it as soon as I get home.. any other known pros left in the trny?

wheels25 08-31-2007 03:16 PM

Negreanu is commentating.

And i believe Kai Buxxe is sitting at the table they just show.

JennFox 08-31-2007 04:28 PM

quality post. well done! tyvm!

wheels25 08-31-2007 04:37 PM

Indeed, thanks a lot for that link.

It`s pretty interesting to watch altough one of the kids at the table takes almost forever before making a decision.

Now itīs down to 20 players at the EPT and the players sitting on the table showing on that stream have approximiatly an age average of about 20 years.

PujolsOfPokr 08-31-2007 04:52 PM

No problem guys, I did nothing but post the free link from PS.

This has been a very interesting watch IMO. These tourneys actually look quite lucrative. Beautiful European cities (instead of Manilla or Mississippi), pretty soft competition, and very healthy payouts. I wonder what the taxes in Europe are, or how the IRS taxes our winnings from European tournaments.

Franchise 60 08-31-2007 04:54 PM

Is there a reason why this works on internet explorer and not firefox for me?

wheels25 08-31-2007 04:59 PM

I watch via firefox.

PujolsOfPokr 08-31-2007 05:13 PM

They're down to 3 tables I believe.
24 people left. I believe the winner of last year's Barcelona EPT event is still alive (unless he was one of the last 10 KOed).

wheels25 08-31-2007 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They're down to 3 tables I believe.
24 people left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct. I`d say Kai Buxxe is the only known player there left in the tournament. Above average stack if I got it right.

Franchise 60 08-31-2007 05:27 PM

Which one is Kai Buxxe again? I know who he is, just forget his name.

wheels25 08-31-2007 05:33 PM

Niklas is his first name. Guy with blue shirt and most chips on that table.

PujolsOfPokr 08-31-2007 05:33 PM

I think 2+2 forums was just name-dropped.
Anyone else hear that??

(The announcer said something along the lines of: "I was reading *something about European players* on 2+2 forums during one of the breaks")

wheels25 08-31-2007 05:36 PM

Jep, heard this too. One of the announcers were talking about your post where you said the competition seems to be pretty soft. Announcer brought up that a lot of American players would wonder how strong European players are.

PujolsOfPokr 08-31-2007 05:51 PM

That's too funny wheels. Either way, I was just basing what I said off the fact that (as the announcers admitted) the poker boom hit different European countries several years after the U.S. Poker boom. Thus, I assume that European players don't have the experience/general skill level of their American counterparts.

I could be way off, of course.

wheels25 08-31-2007 05:57 PM

No you are basically right. A lot of people here in Europe (speaking for Germany, Austria, Netherlands and Czech Republic) just got hooked up with it.

You ll see a lot of beginners here who just caught Poker on Television.
But there are also some top notch players (Skandinivia = Gus Hansen, Antonius) in Europe especially doing great playing online.

PujolsOfPokr 08-31-2007 06:08 PM

The Vesty guy keeps opening all in pre-flop for ~30 BB's.
It finally backfired on him as he pushed AIPF with 9-9 and got caught by the guy to his left who was holding Jacks.

wheels25 08-31-2007 07:53 PM

Well, you can say about Kai Buxxe whatever you want but he hasn`t made a mistake yet. He is sitting on a good chipstack with only 16 players left in the tournament.

xjimraketex 08-31-2007 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But there are also some top notch players (Skandinivia = Gus Hansen, Antonius) in Europe especially doing great playing online.

[/ QUOTE ]
denmark = scandinavia?

wheels25 08-31-2007 08:39 PM

Denmark is a part of scandinavia, yes.

xjimraketex 08-31-2007 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Denmark is a part of scandinavia, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]
thx [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
btw good call by adam and sick pot

NickMPK 08-31-2007 08:58 PM

I didn't realize they let 8-year olds play poker in Europe.

wheels25 08-31-2007 09:01 PM

That Adam guy is pretty strange...

wheels25 08-31-2007 09:14 PM

Too bad Greg Raymer is only the card caller. Would be great if he would be still playing in this event.

wheels25 08-31-2007 09:16 PM

Kai Buxxe is the chipleader, according to the announcers.

wheels25 08-31-2007 09:28 PM

I have to say that Adam guy is not only strange, he is a total retard. He looks like he is 8 years old, he acts like he is on drugs and besides that, he has his mouth open like he`d like to catch flies. Annoying dude.

Clayton 08-31-2007 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have to say that Adam guy is not only strange, he is a total retard. He looks like he is 8 years old, he acts like he is on drugs and besides that, he has his mouth open like he`d like to catch flies. Annoying dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

stfu, he's a respected 2p2er and 10x the poker player and human being you are

wheels25 08-31-2007 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Could be. But he is still very annoying on what Iīve seen on the internet stream.

Whatīs his 2+2 name, I wanna look up his posts.

Windforce 08-31-2007 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Could be. But he is still very annoying on what Iīve seen on the internet stream.

Whatīs his 2+2 name, I wanna look up his posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

STFU I totally respect his character and his play
you are obv. just jelous...so get a life noob

wheels25 08-31-2007 09:59 PM

Jelous on that guy? Not really. If he makes millions playing poker i wouldn`t change with him.

And sorry for jugding that guy only seeing him via internet broadcast. I don`t know him. I just posted my impression about him after I watched him at the EPT.

If both of you never posted in NVG, picking on guys yall dont like, you have the right to speak for your buddy. Otherwise, stop coming up with stuff like jelousy...

gobbomom 08-31-2007 10:24 PM

maybe not jealously, but definitely stupidity. Adam Junglen is a 19 yr. old professional poker player who has MORE than proven his standing on the poker stage:
http://www.pokerpages.com/ranking/re...am-junglen.htm
http://www.pocketfives.com/index.aspx

and as for the expressions he might appear to emit, this is a young man who was born with 7 fingers in total, and a leg that eventually had to be removed and replaced with a prosthesis. He LIVES in constant, debilitating pain, relieved only by massive dosages of physician-monitored, enormously prescribed pain medication.

So yeah dude, STFU is an appropriate response here, given that you chose to make fun of someone you know NOTHING about. Adam [censored] Junglen rocks.

nicksson 08-31-2007 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

and as for the expressions he might appear to emit, this is a young man who was born with 7 fingers in total, and a leg that eventually had to be removed and replaced with a prosthesis. He LIVES in constant, debilitating pain, relieved only by massive dosages of physician-monitored, enormously prescribed pain medication.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhm, is this true`?

gobbomom 08-31-2007 10:36 PM

uhm, no, I make it a habit to habitually lie in every poker forum I visit. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

My son is one of his very closest friends.

edit: I've been advised to shut up about this subject. I'm sorry Adam. These guys just pissed me off.

wheels25 08-31-2007 10:41 PM

I didn`t know anything about his physical disabilities. I would never pick on that. Sorry if I did so.

I just posted my impression on how it felt seeing him playing at the EPT.

And your comment, I shouldn`t make fun about someone I don`t know nothing about is true, but look at this forum and especially NVG. Aren`t there millions of people making fun about people they don`t know? They post their impressions about them. That`s all I did about Adam.

He`s probably a great Poker player, but I don`t like his style and the way the acts at a table. Period. Nothing else.

imabigdeal 08-31-2007 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
maybe not jealously, but definitely stupidity. Adam Junglen is a 19 yr. old professional poker player who has MORE than proven his standing on the poker stage:
http://www.pokerpages.com/ranking/re...am-junglen.htm
http://www.pocketfives.com/index.aspx

So yeah dude, STFU is an appropriate response here, given that you chose to make fun of someone you know NOTHING about. Adam [censored] Junglen rocks.

[/ QUOTE ]

shouldn't you be in a QVC forum or something?

Degenerasian 08-31-2007 11:21 PM

Adam [censored]' Junglen FTW

SeriAce 09-01-2007 12:09 AM

ive heard he`s andybeal