Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   *Dexter* 11/18 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=549267)

NasEscobar 11-18-2007 09:02 PM

*Dexter* 11/18

Ok so I was really anxious for new Dexter so made this thread ahead of time.

Any predictions? I'm seeing Dexter breaking up with Lila then Lila trys to kill Dexter, then dexter kills her in the fashion he usually does after revealing to her he's the BHB. OK so most likely it doesn't happen that way but I'm definitely going to gloat about it if some how it plays out like that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

What about Doakes? I'm guessing he's going to be tailing Dexter 24/7 now, it's not like he has a job now, he's going to be even more obsessed with Dexter. Maybe he trys to kill Dexter and Dexter kills him? Although it was hella cool I think it was bad of Dexter to let Doakes know he is up to something, I mean there was at least a chance before that Doakes could finally just say "OK maybe he's a little wierd but not up to anything horrible", not anymore.

As for the super-posse? I don't know what else they can do. They know the BHB is law enforcement but other then that I don't see what leads they have. Well, they know what harbor(s) the BHB used so maybe they interview every law enforcement official with a boat at those harbors? Maybe Deb finds out that Dexter is the killer but destroys the evidence and helps Dexter get off?

Now what do you guys think? Speculate away!

edit: Ok so am I dumb for just now getting this but Lila purposely left that message on Dexter's phone knowing Rita would hear it?

nazahl 11-18-2007 09:13 PM

Re: *Dexter* 11/18

all I know for sure is that the previews look sick

RiverFenix 11-18-2007 10:49 PM

ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG

siccjay 11-18-2007 10:52 PM

All I can say is....WOW

nazahl 11-18-2007 10:56 PM

well now he's gotta kill doakes.

OMFG BEST SHOW EVER AMIRITE??>>

danzasmack 11-18-2007 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All I can say is....WOW

[/ QUOTE ]

Senor Cardgage 11-18-2007 11:03 PM

Easily best episode of the season. Sooooooo good.

I have a strong feeling about how things are going to play out wrt Doakes/Lila/BHB investigation/etc, but I hope I'm wrong. Not because the ending I'm expecting is terrible, just because I'd really, really like to be surprised somehow.

j555 11-18-2007 11:05 PM

Doakes is going down somehow. He may be killed by Dexter or he may be deemed as a psycho when he tries to paint Dexter as the Bay Harbor Butcher. Laguerta's patience with Doakes is now gone and Lundy might be suspicious of him after he left so quickly. Everyone is going to write off Doakes as a whacko and maybe my theory about him being set up as the Bay Harbor Butcher isn't so far fetched anymore! His behavior is erratic, he's a cop, breaks into Dexter's house and his prints are now on the blood slides, anything else?

burkoboy 11-18-2007 11:06 PM

WATCH PREVIEWS FOR NEXT WEEK

ZOMG!!!111!

tmfs 11-18-2007 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well now he's gotta kill doakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doakes approaches Dexter. Dexter kills Doakes, then manipulates the evidence to implicate Doakes? Too easy?

egocidal 11-18-2007 11:14 PM

someone sum up the episode for me, screw the people who don't want spoilers

Senor Cardgage 11-18-2007 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
someone sum up the episode for me, screw the people who don't want spoilers

[/ QUOTE ]

It should replay in an hour on Showtime if you want to catch it. Plus, I'm too lazy to type it all.

egocidal 11-18-2007 11:25 PM

dont get showtime, and dont want to wait days for it to show up online somewhere

pauliewalnuts 11-18-2007 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WATCH PREVIEWS FOR NEXT WEEK

ZOMG!!!111!

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored]!

That appears like it would put to rest a lot of the theories mentioned so far, though I suppose he could somehow claim that Doakes planted the blood samples. Cant wait for next week.

spock86 11-18-2007 11:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
dont get showtime, and dont want to wait days for it to show up online somewhere

[/ QUOTE ]

If you do an ISO HUNT, Im sure youll find it up for downloading on your COMputer tommorrow.

burkoboy 11-18-2007 11:38 PM

if he kills doakes, and sets up doakes to be the bay harbor butcher, then it's too much like last season. I honestly think Doakes will help dexter

remember, they kinda set this up... earlier in the season doakes killed the guy who killed his wife, and he also killed that guy under the bridge and tried to "justify" killing both because they were "bad people" I think hes gonna help dexter.... watttttch

j555 11-18-2007 11:47 PM

Maybe Dexter thinks he's caught, but they don't know the samples are from his apartment and they're just going to ask for his opinion on the blood. Dead end. What is Doakes going to say, he broke into Dexter's apartment? Maybe burko is right and the two become buddy-buddy! Is that a satisfactory ending?

burkoboy 11-18-2007 11:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe Dexter thinks he's caught, but they don't know the samples are from his apartment and they're just going to ask for his opinion on the blood.

[/ QUOTE ]

this sounds about right

siccjay 11-18-2007 11:56 PM

What an intense episode. Next week looks to be even more intense. Wow. I have never liked a show this much in my life.

Miamipuck 11-18-2007 11:57 PM

Great episode. I am going to watch it again before I comment . Way too much happened today to digest all at once.

Love where the Doakes thing is progressing. One of them is going down and it most likely ain't Dexter.

Lila just got real [censored] annoying all of a sudden.

With regard to the preview of next weeks show:

How often does Showtime and HBO show what you would think are previews showing something major happening and it ends up being a dream sequence and or something taken completely out of context. I will wait before getting too excited about what I saw on the preview. It probably is some sort of weird dream sequence of Dexters.

siccjay 11-18-2007 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe Dexter thinks he's caught, but they don't know the samples are from his apartment and they're just going to ask for his opinion on the blood.

[/ QUOTE ]

this sounds about right

[/ QUOTE ]

They sent agents to his house at night for an opinion?

I thought he was in cuffs? Maybe I am wrong.

burkoboy 11-19-2007 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this sounds about right

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Doakes anonymously sent the box to the station, and since those guys are on the case now, they came to Dexter's. I think Showtime wants you to think hes busted. It would be the same as Angel running to DExter's like dexter come on you need to come down to the station, except Angel really isnt allowed on the case anymore. I think they WANT you to think Dexter is busted, and they make it seem that way by them walking behing Dexter (like hes in cuffs) and them being like "Dexter we want answers"

Doakes cant just walk up to them and be like " look what I found in Morgan's apartment!!" with all the [censored] thats just happened between them

Adebisi 11-19-2007 12:28 AM

I can't get my mind around how retarded it is that Dexter went out to his boat with the blacklight to look for specks of blood, but he still kept that box of slides in his apartment. I was expecting Doakes to open the box and either find it empty, or find some sort of wierd/ridiculous item in there. The only possibility that makes any sense to me here (given how Dexter is smart/careful) is that those slides have ketchup or something on them rather than the victims blood. Doakes gets the task force onto Dexter, and when they find the slides, it makes Doakes look even more insane.

Hopey 11-19-2007 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if he kills doakes, and sets up doakes to be the bay harbor butcher, then it's too much like last season. I honestly think Doakes will help dexter

[/ QUOTE ]

"Help" Dexter? The guy absolutely hates Dexter. Him helping Dexter would be a completely ridiculous storyline.

Doakes is either going to get killed by Dexter and then framed, or he's going to get framed by Dexter without getting killed. Any other interaction between Doakes and Dexter would be completely unbelievable.

Dropkick Brian 11-19-2007 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't get my mind around how retarded it is that Dexter went out to his boat with the blacklight to look for specks of blood, but he still kept that box of slides in his apartment.

[/ QUOTE ]

didnt he sink the original blood samples earlier in this season or even in season 1? i remember something about him making a big wuss about throwing them away.
if yes, its all part of the doakes setup-job.

can someone confirm/deny, will check some older episodes/ep guides later.

Spacemoose 11-19-2007 06:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't get my mind around how retarded it is that Dexter went out to his boat with the blacklight to look for specks of blood, but he still kept that box of slides in his apartment.

[/ QUOTE ]

didnt he sink the original blood samples earlier in this season or even in season 1? i remember something about him making a big wuss about throwing them away.
if yes, its all part of the doakes setup-job.

can someone confirm/deny, will check some older episodes/ep guides later.

[/ QUOTE ]

he almost throws them away in season 1 but doesn't when he realises the ITK was just playing with him and not trying to get him caught. box should be full of legit samples.

Hendricks433 11-19-2007 06:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't get my mind around how retarded it is that Dexter went out to his boat with the blacklight to look for specks of blood, but he still kept that box of slides in his apartment. I was expecting Doakes to open the box and either find it empty, or find some sort of wierd/ridiculous item in there. The only possibility that makes any sense to me here (given how Dexter is smart/careful) is that those slides have ketchup or something on them rather than the victims blood. Doakes gets the task force onto Dexter, and when they find the slides, it makes Doakes look even more insane.

[/ QUOTE ] He doesnt expect someone to come in his apartment and look in his ac unit? If he gets caught its not going to be because of the slides and those wont do anything. Although that was considering Doakes wasnt going to break into his apartment.

Also what preview? The 2 on the website have nothing what you guys are talking about. Just has doakes asking for use of a lab and saying someones gonna be in trouble, which ends the possibility of him helping dexter.

Hendricks433 11-19-2007 07:04 AM

Also, biggest cliff hanger ever? OMG I need to see the next episode. TV doesnt get any better.

psyduck 11-19-2007 07:22 AM

Someone link to the preview of next week's episode plzzzz.

Dropkick Brian 11-19-2007 07:28 AM

http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/home.do

wait for the "watch preview" button to appear

psyduck 11-19-2007 07:37 AM

Thanks for the link. That was a ridiculous preview!

Senor Cardgage 11-19-2007 08:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this sounds about right

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he was in cuffs. And when it shows him looking at the blood slides, he's wearing latex gloves, so it looks like he's analyzing them or something.

Chilltown 11-19-2007 10:03 AM

That would support the Doakes/Dex working together argument or simply Doakes [censored] with Dexter's mind for now. Doakes could have simply left the department the slides and obviously Dexter is the first guy who would analyze them.

Dr. Spaceman 11-19-2007 12:17 PM

I think the writers are setting it up for Doakes to be framed because he joked to Laguerta that he could be a butcher like his father.

Hopey 11-19-2007 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the writers are setting it up for Doakes to be framed because he joked to Laguerta that he could be a butcher like his father.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good catch. I missed the relevance of that the first time.

pauliewalnuts 11-19-2007 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this sounds about right

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he was in cuffs. And when it shows him looking at the blood slides, he's wearing latex gloves, so it looks like he's analyzing them or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed the latex gloves the first time around. That definitely changes things. I doubt they would let the prime suspect look over his own blood samples, even if he is a forensics expert.

But the part of the FBI agents coming to get him looks pretty damning. Theyve got him crammed in the backseat between them and when he walks into the station his hands are together like he might be in cuffs. Also, the one guy says "We got him" all seriously on the radio. I suppose it is possible that once the slides come in Lundy wanted an expert down at the station immediately to analyze them.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think that is probably what is happening. The previews always try to screw with you.

Adebisi 11-19-2007 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He doesnt expect someone to come in his apartment and look in his ac unit? If he gets caught its not going to be because of the slides and those wont do anything. Although that was considering Doakes wasnt going to break into his apartment.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they were to get a search warrant for his boat, they'd have one for his apartment too.

Miamipuck 11-19-2007 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this sounds about right

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But the part of the FBI agents coming to get him looks pretty damning. Theyve got him crammed in the backseat between them and when he walks into the station his hands are together like he might be in cuffs. Also, the one guy says "We got him" all seriously on the radio. I suppose it is possible that once the slides come in Lundy wanted an expert down at the station immediately to analyze them.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think that is probably what is happening. The previews always try to screw with you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the previews are almost always reverse tells. The vast majority are full of crap.

Hendricks433 11-19-2007 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, the previews are almost always reverse tells. The vast majority are full of crap.

[/ QUOTE ] Yea. He most definitely wasnt in cuffs. Also the captain saying we need answers and the latex gloves= dexter not caught. They just need a blood expert. Although looks like a lot might go down next week.

El Diablo 11-19-2007 04:45 PM

All,

Outstanding episode.