Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Poker Stars Screwing Us (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=486913)

raze720 08-26-2007 07:14 PM

Poker Stars Screwing Us

Hello,
Since it first went up on the VIP FPP store, the Sharp 26" Aquos has almost halved in price and yet the number of points required to recieve one has remained the same. Now that I have reached 50k points I'd like to know if there are any plans to change the model or reduce the required number of points to receive one.

Thanks,

James

Hello James,

We will review the FPP prices in September. TVs for Europe are unlikely to
come down in price because our total cost is a lot more due to a smaller
volume and VAT.

Thank you for being a VIP on PokerStars.

Regards,

ScottY
PokerStars VIP Team

So much for being a VIP. B*stards.

NickMPK 08-26-2007 07:22 PM

Re: Poker Stars Screwing Us

This can't be the right forum for this, can it?

raze720 08-26-2007 07:24 PM

It got moved here. Plz say something more interesting, your reply almost killed me.

MyTurn2Raise 08-26-2007 07:25 PM

conceirge service or onecall gift certificate

MicroBob 08-26-2007 07:40 PM

Ummm, yeah. You can pretty much get whatever TV you want through concierge or a gift-certificate.
For that matter, getting the cash-for-points purchase might do the trick in this situation also.

It's pretty well known that the prices for some of the electronic items in the Stars store kind of suck.
I would hardly consider this to be 'screwing us' especially since there are other ways to get the exact same item.

raze720 08-26-2007 07:44 PM

Guess I should change the title to "Screwing Non-Americans." The concierge service costs almost x4 more.

Scottyy 08-26-2007 07:48 PM

Amazon.co.uk gift certificate may be another option.

Scotty

raze720 08-26-2007 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Scotty

[/ QUOTE ]

The TV was selling at £600 when it first appeared in the VIP store. Right now I can get £500 worth of Amazon.co.uk gift certificate's for 62k.

Weak.

MuckinWinners 08-26-2007 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ummm, yeah. You can pretty much get whatever TV you want through concierge

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob, Bob, Bob, Bob, BOb, Bob ---

As of the writing of this post, the concierge service was ONLY available to those with "supernova" status. Saying that it is really "no big deal" (as your response indicates) is somewhat short sighted. Many of us are NOT supernova, for a variety of reasons. I am CERTAIN that you meant no harm in the comment.

I agree that some of the "values" of itmes in the FPP store don't look quite right. But there are other areas in the VIP program that are "screwing" the lower" level players. IMHO

tautomer 08-26-2007 08:08 PM

You still have 4 months to get there. Crank out some hands.

Losing all 08-26-2007 09:57 PM

Less time bitching, more time naming stars...

NorthernGuy 08-26-2007 10:22 PM

Just last week I e-mailed them about the 20" LCD, as in Canada it was over $500 when I ordered one in April for 28,000 FPPs. I can now order it here for about $339, but still the same points price.

Scott replied to me and said all FPP pricing will be reviewed in the next 60 days.

I'm holding off getting another monitor until I see if there's any changes.

Minn_pokerplyr 08-27-2007 03:22 AM

http://www.pokerstars.com/fpp/store/...kend/?utm_id=3
600K for a weekend in vegas, and lessons from Joe Hachem... lol.. You are better off getting lessons from your grandmother.

What is the $$ per point in this package.. 1/100th of a cent?

excession 08-27-2007 03:29 AM

LOL if you have to play cash games at Stars and aren't Nova you are always going to get the rough end of the stick I'm afraid.

As a Euro-player I would never only play sites (Prima, iPoker, B2B, Will Hill for 5 hours, etc) where I get at least 50% RB or equivalent anyway and to play much worse players. Stars is on my PC for MTT's and SnG's only

Dennisa 08-27-2007 11:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hello,
Since it first went up on the VIP FPP store, the Sharp 26" Aquos has almost halved in price and yet the number of points required to recieve one has remained the same. Now that I have reached 50k points I'd like to know if there are any plans to change the model or reduce the required number of points to receive one.

Thanks,

James

Hello James,

volume and VAT.

Regards,

ScottY
PokerStars VIP Team

[/ QUOTE ]

Just purchase a $650.00 bonus for 50K points and buy your own TV.

sonneti 08-27-2007 11:41 AM

I have a crazy idea, how about you buy a TV with CASH and convert the fpp's some other more cost effective way?

NU Star 08-27-2007 11:49 AM

I really think you just need to pop up the old MS-Calculator program and think more carefully about your options.

raze720 08-27-2007 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hello,

Thanks,

James

Hello James,

volume and VAT.

Regards,

ScottY
PokerStars VIP Team

[/ QUOTE ]

Just purchase a $650.00 bonus for 50K points and buy your own TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're assuming I'm a Platinum VIP. I'm not.

raze720 08-27-2007 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a crazy idea, how about you buy a TV with CASH and convert the fpp's some other more cost effective way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent idea, please ellaborate.

SmokeyRidesAgain 08-27-2007 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent idea, please ellaborate.

[/ QUOTE ]
1. Go to store
2. ??????
3. PROFIT!

dhtp 08-27-2007 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Scotty

[/ QUOTE ]

As a side note, both Amazon.de and .co.uk suck for most of Europe, since they won't ship anything but software, music and books etc outside of the home country. You can forget about electronics if you're a foreigner.

I'm not sure if there are better options that would cover the whole continent, just letting you know that I was a little frustrated when I found this out myself. Sort of defeats the purpose of getting a big gift certificate when the store won't let you purchase any of the expensive stuff.

MyTurn2Raise 08-27-2007 06:38 PM

ummm...you buy the certificates to sell them on eBay

ematz 08-27-2007 08:14 PM

You think maybe, just maybe they have already bought the said item in a certain amount at a fixed cost before the recent price decreases?

Also, did you even bother to read the reply from PokerStars? Just by trying to make the Euro-centric items similar in price to the US ones, PokerStars loses a lot of value due to European taxes.

wonderwes 08-27-2007 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That process is a good idea. However you get hit by fees 2x. Once for the ebay fee, the other through paypal if the user pays by CC.

raze720 08-27-2007 09:19 PM

Do you think maybe, just maybe, PokerStars makes millions and millions each year and should accept the depreciation in value of their items like a normal "store" and change the price? After all, we are "VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE."

BradleyT 08-27-2007 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That process is a good idea. However you get hit by fees 2x. Once for the ebay fee, the other through paypal if the user pays by CC.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's only a few bucks total though. Gotta do what you gotta do post UIGEA ya know?

ematz 08-28-2007 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think maybe, just maybe, PokerStars makes millions and millions each year and should accept the depreciation in value of their items like a normal "store" and change the price? After all, we are "VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE."

[/ QUOTE ]

Normal stores don't have the same price for USA and Europe customers in goods such as electronics. Get over it. Stop crying.