Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Standard? sex offenders under bridge (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373304)

Collude 04-05-2007 09:05 PM

Standard? sex offenders under bridge

http://www.cnn.com/2007/LAW/04/05/br...ers/index.html

"With nowhere to put these men, the Department of Corrections moved them under the Julia Tuttle Causeway. With the roar of cars passing overhead, convicted sex offender Kevin Morales sleeps in a chair to keep the rats off him."

ligastar 04-05-2007 09:08 PM

Re: Standard? sex offenders under bridge

Let them sleep with the rats. They're sex offenders. F 'em.

guids 04-05-2007 09:10 PM

I had to google to make sure this wasnt a fake news article.

This is great.

i predict an increase in the purchase of cinder blocks at the nearest home depot.

julia tuttles descendants are gonna be pissed though.

JasonK 04-05-2007 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let them sleep with the fishes. They're sex offenders. F 'em.

[/ QUOTE ]

cardcounter0 04-05-2007 09:15 PM

Good for these guys, screw 'em.

But I would be careful, if you get caught with a hooker or get into a "john" sting trying to pick up a police decoy, you are a "sex offender". Remember that.

mbillie1 04-05-2007 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let them sleep with the rats. They're sex offenders. F 'em.

[/ QUOTE ]

tsearcher 04-05-2007 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But I would be careful, if you get caught with a hooker or get into a "john" sting trying to pick up a police decoy, you are a "sex offender". Remember that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Sex offender can be a pretty broad category. Public urination is also included in this group in some states.

Losing all 04-05-2007 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget pissing in an alley. Not that most of these bastards aren't fin kids

cbloom 04-05-2007 09:29 PM

Fellatio and anal is a "sex offense" in many states as well.

And with our legal system probably 50% of them are wrongly convicted and the really bad offenders went free.

cardcounter0 04-05-2007 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And with our legal system probably 50% of them are wrongly convicted and the really bad offenders went free.

[/ QUOTE ]
How about getting real drunk and getting caught with your pants down? Public Exposure = Sex Offender.

mbillie1 04-05-2007 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
How about getting real drunk and getting caught with your pants down? Public Exposure = Sex Offender.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but how many people are jailed for fellatio, public urination, etc?

cbloom 04-05-2007 09:42 PM

BTW you know how sex offenders have to go door to door and introduce themselves when they move into a neighborhood - I wonder if this is a good way to get laid by really naughty girls.

guids 04-05-2007 09:45 PM

They arent in jail though, they are free, but cant find anywhere to live that isnt too clsoe to a school, from the way I read it, so whether they are jailed or not is irrelavent.

Losing all 04-05-2007 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW you know how sex offenders have to go door to door and introduce themselves when they move into a neighborhood - I wonder if this is a good way to get laid by really naughty girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

mmbt0ne 04-05-2007 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but how many people are jailed for fellatio

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.wilsonappeal.com/

LocustHorde 04-05-2007 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but how many people are jailed for fellatio

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.wilsonappeal.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

I read that on ESPN a while back- A complete travesty

cardcounter0 04-05-2007 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but how many people are jailed for fellatio, public urination, etc?

[/ QUOTE ]
There is nothing about being jailed that enters into getting labeled a "sex offender", and with it, all the regulations that a "sex offender" has to comply with could be applied. All this stuff about having to report, where to live, ect. is after they are out of jail.

Even the bad guys might not have gone to jail in the first place, they could be serving suspended sentances, been put into treatment programs, plea-bargined straight to parole, etc.

gamblore99 04-05-2007 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget pissing in an alley. Not that most of these bastards aren't fin kids

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
With nowhere to put these men, the Department of Corrections moved them under the Julia Tuttle Causeway. With the roar of cars passing overhead, convicted sex offender Kevin Morales sleeps in a chair to keep the rats off him."

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a big fan of sex offenders, but this seems unusually cruel and degrading. Not sure if I even condone it for the real sex offenders. Johns and urinators definitely don't belong here.

mbillie1 04-05-2007 10:03 PM

Sorry I misunderstood OP/article

AJackson 04-05-2007 11:56 PM

I don't care about the comfort of child sex offenders, but I agree with the end of the article that suggested that this policy might do more harm than good. If these guys have nothing to lose and jail is better than freedom, how safe is the public?

rutang 04-06-2007 12:28 AM

either these people are a menace, and should be in jail, or they are not, and should be treated like human beings. this situation is absurd.

Overdrive 04-06-2007 05:50 PM

If they have served their time and are out of jail they should be able to at least TRY and get some sort of a regular life going - isn't that why they let them out of jail in the first place? It isn't right to let someone out of jail but then tell them the only place they can live is under a bridge and their is NO CHANCE of them getting ANY job or anything like that so they might as well do another crime and go back to jail where at least they are out of the weather and get three meals a day.

If society wants to just give sex offenders mandatory life in prison with no parole that is fine with me. BUT - if you are going to let them out of jail and try to give them another chance in life making them live under a bridge is not the way to do it.

Also like was mentioned earlier if you are arrested for hiring an ADULT prostitute you are labeled as a sex offender and can be forced to live where the court tells you too - maybe under a bridge. If you are in a strip club and it gets raided you may be arrested and labeled a sex offender as well.

Be careful out ther boys or you could very easily find yourself living under the bridge as well.