Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sports Betting (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Friday (10/26) NCAAF (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=531958)

Jazzy3113 10-26-2007 02:43 PM

Friday (10/26) NCAAF

Boise State @ Fresno State (+3)

Any thoughts on this game. It seems pretty straightforward/standard as an avoid, toss up game. Both teams have explosive offenses, mediocre defenses, and are prone to turnovers. I feel that this game could be close, a blow out, and either team could be on either side.

That said I putting 2u on BSU -2.5

GL.

MicroBob 10-26-2007 02:47 PM

Re: Friday (10/26) NCAAF

Haven't taken a side.

I have O62.5 though. Appears it has crept up to 63 or even 63, -115 now.

centris 10-26-2007 02:57 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=0#Post12674724

MCS 10-26-2007 03:51 PM

If it's so unpredictable, why are you laying points for multiple units? Are you just saying you got a rogue line?

hedgie43 10-26-2007 04:02 PM

If it's truly a toss-up why aren't you betting on Fresno St. moneyline. That would be huge value if this was truly a toss-up.

CaptainHook 10-26-2007 05:13 PM

lol @ giving an analysis and then betting completely against your own opinion. If you think you are anything more than a square gambler you need to severely re-evaluate your betting history. 4-team parlay? Taking the road-favorite in what you personally describe as a complete "toss-up" game? lol dude. And please take Penn State out of your location it's embarrassing for my school to be associated with you in any way.

Jazzy3113 10-26-2007 05:21 PM

First, a few things.

1. My location is not Penn State, it is Upenn. I am making fun of your alma mater for accepting poor students.

2. If you read my post I made the 4 team parlay in frustration and the bet is for only 3.5u of my sports roll and I like to talk the other common posters about my chances.

3. Track all the bets I posted this week and I am 5-1 and have done quite well this season following in Dali's wake.

4. I gave my analysis on the game that is is a straight up gamble and any sharp bettor should avoid. However, since I have organized finances I dont depend on my sports betting income. It is soley entertainment for me. Also, I like to post every one of my picks publicly so other posters can see my betting history. Also, I thought it would be kinda funny to state how hard it is to cap this game and then show Ima straight up gamble, but sometimes tools like you suck out any humor.

5. Again, Penn State is a [censored] state school and I went to the ivy league one, hence the location: Not Penn State.

6. Thanks for your productive post on the BSU game. Another great contribution to the boards.
Your the one that looks foolish for laughing at others while never posting any bets. I basically advised any sharps to avoid the game, and people who love to gamble to pick a side.

People like you make me wish there was a forum that charges a small fee to view it so only productive posts could be made and viewed.

hedgie43 10-26-2007 05:23 PM

And even with that Ivy League education you are still one of the most square sports bettors around. Congrats.

centris 10-26-2007 05:25 PM

jazzy no one cares where you went to school.

Jazzy3113 10-26-2007 05:26 PM

are you comprehending my posts at all?
In my analysis I said it was a gamble and i want action.

Just forget it. I cant explain it any clearer than i just did. Wtf does flaming a stranger accomplish. you wanna just posts bashes thats fine. I didnt see you commenting on my BC and AF and Rockies picks last night for 4u each.

Jazzy3113 10-26-2007 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jazzy no one cares where you went to school.

[/ QUOTE ]

again another moron who talks crap safely over the net. HE BROUGHT UP MY LOCATION U ASS. He said to remove it. Who the heck would brag they went to happy valley. I was responding to his flame.

If you dont like my posts just ignore them in the future.

pirateboy 10-26-2007 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are you comprehending my posts at all?
In my analysis I said it was a gamble and i want action.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is like someone going to MTT and posting a hand where he pushed 72o because he wanted action.

DUCY?

MyTurn2Raise 10-26-2007 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Again, Penn State is a [censored] state school and I went to the ivy league one, hence the location: Not Penn State.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are not going to win many fans with this

fwiw--I got accepted at UPenn, but turned it down to goto a state school that had a better program and better social life

hedgie43 10-26-2007 05:31 PM

Jazzy,

You should probably just confine your future posts to the Chatter thread.

Jazzy3113 10-26-2007 05:32 PM

How can you say Penn doesnt have a good social life. If you thought everyone were dorks, Drexel, Temple and nova are close by.

Wtf is wrong you people. I feel like I am taking crazy pills.

I POSTED THAT THE GAME WAS A GAMBLE. I ADVISED POSTERS TO STAY AWAY. THEN I SIMPLY WANTED A RECORD OF ALL PICKS I HAVE MADE. OF COURSE ITS OBVIOUS ITS A BAD BET, BUT DID I TITLE THE POST LOCK OF THE CENTURY????

god.

Jazzy3113 10-26-2007 05:33 PM

hegie are you taking the fresno ML?

or did you enter this thread simply to state the obvious??

centris 10-26-2007 05:34 PM

Then you belittled a fellow poser's alma mater and state schools in general.

hedgie43 10-26-2007 05:35 PM

No, I'm on Fresno +3. You say the game is a toss up, then bet Boise -2.5. Go piss off to BBV.

Jazzy3113 10-26-2007 05:37 PM

Centris,

Its ok your boyfriend to belittle my school but i cant take a shot at his, when my mine is better anyway?

I hope BSU routs.

rush66 10-26-2007 06:24 PM

Fresno +3 is the best play tonight.

hedgie43 10-26-2007 06:39 PM

Hopefully you have SIA where that is even money. Nice to have at as the soft side of an arb with Pinny, too.

pseudo t-bone 10-26-2007 06:40 PM

penn's not so hot. i know i guy who could've gone to stanford if he wanted.

centris 10-26-2007 06:42 PM

Jazzy people come here to share +ev bets, discuss sports betting theories and ideas, follow posters who display competent reasons for their bets and for these posters to post a record of their picks. People do not come here to look at your stupid parlay (how can we respond other then it is a stupid parlay), or hear you say a game is a tossup (games that are at -3 are not really a tossup, anyway). How do either of these pieces of information help anyone. If you do sports betting for entertainment, fine, no one cares if you make -ev bets because they are fun for you. But for our benefit just post that kind of stuff in the chatter, so the board does not get cluttered with posts about stupid parlays.

People tried to tell you that and in the course of this someone said somethign about penn state. Then you go crazy about how you went to an ivy league school and it is much better than penn state and state schools in general. YOu do that not once but twice in your post in addition to having it cleverly placed on your location. it is clear you think you are so great because you went to an ivy league school and us suckers at state schools are just so stupid. All I was saying is that attitude is very offputting.

Jazzy3113 10-26-2007 07:00 PM

centris did you respond in such a controlled manner the first time? No, you and especiialy your friend acted immature as well.

Fine, I understand my parlay post was not very substantive, but it generated a little talk about fun parlays that you could have ignored.

How is this thread so horrible. I did not see the inital thread and wanted to start a debate about tonights game.

I said that I felt both teams were equal and the game should be avoided. Last night I said there was some value in BC plus 3.5 and here I said there was no value.

How should I have reacted when someone said I was a total moron for recommending BSU and that I should take off Penn State on my profile?????

Why are you obssessed where I went? I did not bring it up, your rude friend did. And I am proud I went to the best business school in the nation so I put it on my profile. Is that not allowed?

MyTurn2Raise 10-26-2007 07:06 PM

UofI accounting >>>>>>> UPenn Accounting [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

thelyingthief 10-26-2007 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, I'm on Fresno +3. You say the game is a toss up, then bet Boise -2.5. Go piss off to BBV.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, if that ain't another wedgie, i mean, hedgie, i don't know what is.

god, i just gotta bet Boise now, -2.5, i just gotta.

tlt

thelyingthief 10-26-2007 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, i got my doctorate from stanford. pity they suck.

tlt

Mediocre_Player 10-26-2007 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tlt

[/ QUOTE ]

flex those muscles

livin_a_lie 10-26-2007 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hey, i got my doctorate from stanford. pity they suck.

tlt

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course you did...

MicroBob 10-26-2007 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tlt

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you really betting the other side of this just to fade that poster?
No other reason for betting that side?

FWIW - I'm taking BSU at -2.5 also.

Caldarooni 10-26-2007 08:02 PM

Anyone know how many times the home underdog has won SU on these weekday espn games?

MicroBob 10-26-2007 08:09 PM

BTW - I went to Miami, Ohio which was once listed as a 'Public Ivy' school meaning it was one of the public universities that compares most favorably to the ivies. But obviously it isn't a true ivy and MAY be a pseudo-ivy at best.

I also am probably one of the squarest bettors on this forum but I'm not so bad as to delude myself or try to delude others into believing I'm a 65% winner.

Not sure if any of this info will have any influence on whether you may want to follow or fade my pick or not but I thought I would provide that info just in case.

MicroBob 10-26-2007 08:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know how many times the home underdog has won SU on these weekday espn games?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do we really think that playing on a weekday night on ESPN is that significant a criteria to look at the trends within that group?

just thinking out loud but I can come up with 3

USF wins at home vs WV
Rutgers wins at home vs USF
UC I think was a home-dog when they beat Oregon St

PITT lost at home vs. road-dog Navy.
BC was a road dog that won at VT.
Memphis was a home favorite that beat MAR.
RUT was a big favorite over Navy and won.
USM was a home favorite who lost to Rice.
BSU was a home favorite who won vs. Nevada and USM
SJSU was a big home dog and almost won vs. HAW

hedgie43 10-26-2007 08:17 PM

Jazzy,

[ QUOTE ]

I said that I felt both teams were equal and the game should be avoided. Last night I said there was some value in BC plus 3.5 and here I said there was no value.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the teams are equal, as you say, then why would you avoid betting it when the ML was +130 for Fresno at the time? You just keep on digging.

Tlt,

Pathetic, but not unexpected.

Austiger 10-26-2007 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do we really think that playing on a weekday night on ESPN is that significant a criteria to look at the trends within that group?

just thinking out loud but I can come up with 3

USF wins at home vs WV
Rutgers wins at home vs USF
UC I think was a home-dog when they beat Oregon St

PITT lost at home vs. road-dog Navy.
BC was a road dog that won at VT.
Memphis was a home favorite that beat MAR.
RUT was a big favorite over Navy and won.
USM was a home favorite who lost to Rice.
BSU was a home favorite who won vs. Nevada and USM
SJSU was a big home dog and almost won vs. HAW

[/ QUOTE ]

Also Utah beat Louisville as a big dog. The common theme is the dog, not the home. If you had put one unit on every dog ML this year on weeknights you'd be doing rather well.

MicroBob 10-26-2007 08:46 PM

Okay.
Still wondering if one should really be looking at weeknight-ESPN games as a subset.
Are these games somehow different than the couple of weeknight-versus games there have been?

CaptainHook 10-26-2007 08:57 PM

Your analysis of this game couldn't have said less. You offered absolutely nothing of substance and then contradicted what little you had said with your bet. Here are some brilliant quotes from you:

"For example, lets say you do a ten point three team teaser. Lets say you should get 3 to 1 on your money, but the book is laying you 2 to 1. However, since there is a higher likelhood of you covering with these extra points is it ok to sacrifice true odds in favor of higher probability you win the bet?...
is the only downside the fact that you are not getting correct odds and is this a huge problem."

Congrats on that amazing degree you got there you elitist [censored]. Too bad you can't understand extremely fundamental betting concepts. Oh look another example.

"Well this was a great call and I laid off on Denver, but how was Pitt considered a BSP? Wouldn't New England or Dallas at home be more of a BSP?

I dont see how a team on the road only favored by 3 was more of a lock then the two aforementioned games. "

You've posted how many times and yet you can't even comprehend what a BSP is? You don't have a goddamn clue what's going on and yet you are one of the highest volume posters on here. Every post you make overflows with the combination of arrogance and stupidity. I hope I speak for everyone when I say I don't come here to read stupid [censored] coming from clueless douchebags. You can't possibly be profiting from this, can you?

"i bet wvu -6.5
i bet 4 team teaser that included Florida -2.5
I bet these hard
I cried
I cant sports bet for two weeks cause now I have no gambling funds.....waaaaaaa "

Ah, ok, didn't think so.

MyTurn2Raise 10-26-2007 09:03 PM

whoa...registered in '03 and suddenly makes alot of posts

that is kind of odd

Caldarooni 10-26-2007 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay.
Still wondering if one should really be looking at weeknight-ESPN games as a subset.
Are these games somehow different than the couple of weeknight-versus games there have been?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob you crack my [censored] up.

MicroBob 10-26-2007 09:26 PM

I'm kidding about the versus inclusion of course.

But I'm seriously asking about this whole weeknight-TV game thing because others have made that observation too and I was wondering if anyone agreed with me that perhaps people are reading too much into a group of games that just happened to come on non-Saturdays.