Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Most amazing football win EVAR (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=533145)

Imrahil 10-28-2007 01:21 PM

Most amazing football win EVAR

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...dex?id=3083220

djk123 10-28-2007 01:25 PM

Re: Most amazing football win EVAR

wow that's insane

Andynan 10-28-2007 01:27 PM

its not even a 1 outer

Imrahil 10-28-2007 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its not even a 1 outer

[/ QUOTE ]

It's like runner runner quads or SF.

luvetoholdem 10-28-2007 01:30 PM

Lol no way.

Biggle10 10-28-2007 01:36 PM

Anyone know how many laterals there were in there?

Imrahil 10-28-2007 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know how many laterals there were in there?

[/ QUOTE ]

15 ftw

apefish 10-28-2007 01:48 PM

heh. was an awesome play. crazy stuff. watched this thing like 5 times last night trying to watch different parts every time.

MicroBob 10-28-2007 02:01 PM

1. LOL at the announcer.

2. LOL at some of the defending players who gave up on the play and let him run right past them.

3. LOL at so many final plays that DON'T look anything like this. The guys on this team realize that getting tackled is not something they can just surrender to like they do during a regular play in the middle of the game.
SO MANY final plays of the game have the guy just running right at the tackler and going down while 1 or 2 guys are standing right next to or behind him with the "dude, why don't you give me the ball?" look.

It's not complicated and all it takes is a little training or practice to keep flipping the ball up in there and NEVER let yourself get tackled with it. I'm really really amazed we don't see more attempts similar to this.

Every time some guy goes down in a situation like this without even a single attempt at a lateral I'm kind of impressed at the stupidity.
It's roughly the basketball equivilent of being down by 3 with no time left and intentionally stepping just inside the line to shoot for 2.

MicroBob 10-28-2007 02:10 PM

geez, after that last lateral he ran right through 4 guys who were practically just standing there lookng at him.
Yeah, so they were tired from running and a couple of them might have thought there had already been a tackle...but just looking at some of them pretty much giving up on the play was weird.

eurythmech 10-28-2007 02:15 PM

[ ] Football

Also, wtf.
Also, the clock is reset when someone passes?
Also, wtf.

Oh, and the [censored] link changes the size of the browser window.

blankoblanco 10-28-2007 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's not complicated and all it takes is a little training or practice to keep flipping the ball up in there and NEVER let yourself get tackled with it. I'm really really amazed we don't see more attempts similar to this.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've always thought this, too. teams need a professional lateral trainer or something.

rothko 10-28-2007 02:16 PM

wa wa wee wa

also, which team was at home?

fadedstar 10-28-2007 02:17 PM

yawn at football

Acemanhattan 10-28-2007 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ ] Football

Also, wtf.
Also, wtf.

Oh, and the [censored] link changes the size of the browser window.

[/ QUOTE ]

if what your asking is: how was he able to score the time obv expired?? You dont have to score before the time expires, you just have to begin the play before the time expires. So if there was 2 seconds on the clock, basically this means there will be no next play, but this one can go on as long as possible. Weird huh.

eurythmech 10-28-2007 02:22 PM

I see.

ursine cotcher 10-28-2007 02:22 PM

try watching rugby

"miraculous" plays pretty much 20 times a game

Acemanhattan 10-28-2007 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
try watching rugby

[/ QUOTE ]

funny i was going to aim this link last night to a couple of buddies overseas, then i realized, yea right like they are goign to give a [censored], they would just be like "dood really, if youre so into that [censored], seriosly try watchin rugby "standard" plus we do it w/o pads, and our announcers dont sound like sweaty pussies"

Biggle10 10-28-2007 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
try watching rugby

[/ QUOTE ]

People never get tackled in rugby 20 times a game?

apunisher 10-28-2007 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[X] Football

FYP

and LoL

[/ QUOTE ]

rockrokok 10-28-2007 02:31 PM

Why is it called football again?

Heh, super nice goal anyways!

genius55 10-28-2007 02:38 PM

where i come from a lateral pass has to be thrown underhand.

[x] sham-win

Restox2 10-28-2007 02:42 PM

I never thought I'd see anything beat the old I think Cal State/Stanford game? back in about 82/83 but this has beaten that game for miracles......just incredible.

NLSoldier 10-28-2007 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

2. LOL at some of the defending players who gave up on the play and let him run right past them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nielsio 10-28-2007 02:48 PM

I have zero knowledge about this game, but how is this supposed to be special in any way?

eurythmech 10-28-2007 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have zero knowledge about this game, but how is this supposed to be special in any way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, it really does look like what I think rugby looks like.

nath 10-28-2007 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have zero knowledge of theoretical physics, but if someone shows me an equation that proves string theory, I'm not gonna be like "It's just a bunch of letters and numbers, how is that special?"

SuperSnort 10-28-2007 03:38 PM

that was just hilarious and amazing, what pisses me off at the end one of the white shirted white players goes over to shake hands with opposition and the black player raises his arm and hand so he doesnt shake his hand, [censored]

rica 10-28-2007 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I have zero knowledge of theoretical physics, but if someone shows me an equation that proves string theory, I'm not gonna be like "It's just a bunch of letters and numbers, how is that special?"

[/ QUOTE ]

dude

Chomp 10-28-2007 03:53 PM

lol, the only time American Football gets interesting is when they start playing rugby.

Imrahil 10-28-2007 04:31 PM

Rugby is sooooooooooo boring. Way too much stoppage. I'm not really a sports fan so I don't find american football that entertaining either. But this in american football is very rare so that's why I posted it.

ama0330 10-28-2007 04:54 PM

this is better imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFYnersg2Us

EdmVan 10-28-2007 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is better imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFYnersg2Us

[/ QUOTE ]

no it is not.

Enervate 10-28-2007 05:06 PM

[x] American football is lame

Xanta 10-28-2007 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rugby is sooooooooooo boring. Way too much stoppage. I'm not really a sports fan so I don't find american football that entertaining either. But this in american football is very rare so that's why I posted it.

[/ QUOTE ]

How could you possibly say that rugby has more stoppage than football?

DopamineRelease 10-28-2007 05:35 PM

The announcer must have said 'this game is over' about 1,000 times

Anycall 10-28-2007 05:51 PM

wow, the whole campus would be buzzing after that win. and rugby passes are not ugly like those.

Imrahil 10-28-2007 05:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How could you possibly say that rugby has more stoppage than football?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I see rugby on television I want to see a fluid game but it's not. If you've ever seen Aussie Rules football it's very fluid and they don't stop for scrums (I think that's what I mean). The stoppages in rugby really tilts me for somereason. American football has more diversity in its' play which I enjoy more and I can take the stoppages (but I'm not a huge football fan).

Xanta 10-28-2007 06:04 PM

Fair enough, bad rugby with all rucks and scrums can be really dull, but open games with lots of kicks and back play can't be matched in American football.

kitaristi0 10-28-2007 06:08 PM

Aussie Rules football FTW.

And that was one of the top 5 sports related clips I've ever seen. Will watch again.