Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   CR'ing at the Wynn (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=498107)

Bicycles_Biatch 09-10-2007 08:13 PM

CR\'ing at the Wynn

Only been playing for about 2 orbits... limited reads... folded everything but my blind where I won $100 pot with no show-down.

2-5 blind red chip game.

Average stack of $500... standard bring in raise of about $20-25

3 limpers to the button who raises to $30.

Small blind calls, I call in BB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

No one else calls.

Flop 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB checks, I check, Button bets $60.

I C/R to $200.00

Button thinks FOREVER, then moves in and has me covered...

About $350 more for me to call. I call.

Thought on all streets?

Praetor 09-10-2007 08:16 PM

Re: CR\'ing at the Wynn

i would fold preflop, post is fine. I like a lead on the flop here alot

JKratzer 09-10-2007 08:50 PM

fold pre, rest looks good. c/r > lead

Maulik 09-10-2007 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

bloat the pot. Now fold 2:1 is not good.

Andykay 09-10-2007 09:37 PM

Fold? He's got 46% equity against an incredibly tight range:

Board: 6d 4c 2d
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 46.984% 46.54% 00.45% 19811 190.00 { Ad4d }
Hand 1: 53.016% 52.57% 00.45% 22379 190.00 { 99+, 66, 44, 22, KdQd, 5h3h, 5s3s }

Throw in more overcard flush draw combos, retard low overpairs like 88/77 and the occasional live donkey move with A6 or 56/67 etc and you're more than getting the odds to call.

-Andy

JackAll 09-10-2007 10:09 PM

pf is not good.
on flop, c/r to 270 or b/3b
From what I hear, live ppl suck and will fold a high overpair here a fair bit to a big c/r also (even tho it's +EV when they don't)

roflburgers @ folding that flop

Teph 09-10-2007 10:36 PM

This is fine op.

Maulik, what you say?

Parlay Slow 09-10-2007 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?

Yeti 09-10-2007 10:43 PM

i dont think maulik realised we had a flush draw. i hope

DaveyDonk 09-11-2007 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually read this as a mistyped/lazy "You bloated the pot, so now folding getting 2:1 is not good" (aka, yes good call).

Or maybe he's just bad.

loucardfan 09-11-2007 04:17 AM

All you people saying fold preflop, I ask if you play live much. I play in that game often (no cap buy in) and like to call preflop with a super wide range. They play so bad and the stacks are typically much deeper then 500. Im sure there is nothing wrong with the fold, but if your a good player who knows where your at, play as many hands as possible. Online this is an obv pf fold.

I would have played this hand the exact same way knowing he will fold 99, tt, and possibly jj (not to mention a cbet of Ak etc). If he calls big deal were gamblin a near coinflip and we now have a looser image and will likely be able to make these c/r when we flop real hands and get paid.

nextgenneo 09-11-2007 04:19 AM

its so boring live that calling preflop is standard

jlocdog 09-11-2007 04:23 AM

I like hand all the way through. Preflop is more then fine. Postflop, you took the best line possible. Nice job. Hope you get rewarded for it.

soah 09-11-2007 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All you people saying fold preflop, I ask if you play live much. I play in that game often (no cap buy in) and like to call preflop with a super wide range. They play so bad

[/ QUOTE ]

calling pf in this hand would be an example of that bad play

Mench 09-11-2007 05:15 AM

preflop is very marginal to bad. i prob bet 3 bet this all day, but once you c/r snapcall shove and work on your getting there skills.

Boquense 09-11-2007 05:26 AM

PF is absolutely fine against bad players deep. For those that think otherwise, I'd like to hear the explanation.

Oh wait, just re-read OP and effective stacks aren't listed. Fold PF.

winningfish 09-11-2007 05:46 AM

PF isn't that bad, against loose players deep I almost always call up to 3-4xBB with A-high suited. On the flop either lay it down fast or play real strong if there's flush draw.. over time this shows good profit for me.

NL Rounder 09-11-2007 06:24 AM

Fold pre-flop...(In the long run, I love all the bored callers out there)

...given the call, I prefer leading out and if necessary re-raising on the flop. As played, the check-raise was too small.

You obviously prefer to play and call-off, at best effective coin-flips for your entire stack vs opponents, who have superior position with limited reads on them...yum yum. I trust that you're properly bankrolled.

In a soft game, you're probably fine. Quality opponents (and yes we exist and enjoy the fishing at the Wynn) will ruin your evening.

Time to book another flight to Vegas...

jlocdog 09-11-2007 12:57 PM

Why MSNL is anemic to suited aces is beyond me. If you feel your postflop skills are better then your opponents then calling in or out of position can easily be justified (the deeper the better ofcourse).

TxRedMan 09-11-2007 01:16 PM

preflop is fine. OP can usually expect one or two or all three limpers to come along.

flop check-raise is meh. against some opponents it's great, against others its really bad.

the replies of approval for the c/r fail to recognize how often it gets us into a terrible spot on the turn, like when the button flat calls and the turn comes a black king, queen, jack, etc.

the only benefitial situation i see is when villain folds, which is likely when our pair of fours alone is the best hand. and when villain shoves we're taking slightly the worst of it virtually everytime.

really depends on the opponent though.