Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Bluescouse in freefall (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=505176)

luckyjimm 09-20-2007 06:07 AM

Bluescouse in freefall

Having bust his six-figure roll, Ed is now borrowing money to play:

"i've been lent £3k more, but this time i have to pay back £3500 by the start of next month and £100 extra for every week after that."

http://88percent.blogspot.com/

Needless to say he's got to work losing this money already, writing the next day:

"deposited £1k into crypto, played £5/£10, lost £300, put £700 more in and got upto £2100 before losing it all. played real loose and bad."

He did put down a deposit on a house, but it doesn't look like he can meet the mortgage repayments since he doesn't have a job and is losing thousands a week gambling.

Doesn't look like there's going to be a happy ending here, folks!

JEFF or DAD 09-20-2007 06:16 AM

Re: Bluescouse in freefall

man theres somethin real familiar about this guys predicament i cant put my finger on it

Daddy Warbucks 09-20-2007 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Doesn't look like there's going to be a happy ending here, folks!

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean the story about the degenerate gambler who constantly plays over his head isn't going to end well? Get outta here!

luckyjimm 09-20-2007 06:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
man theres somethin real familiar about this guys predicament i cant put my finger on it

[/ QUOTE ]

At least I recognise I need a desk job, and I'm not borrowing big money off people or getting into debt.

Montezuma21 09-20-2007 06:50 AM

"didn't play for a couple of days. then i put £1k in, got up to £5k, withdrew the £1k and lost the £4k (this over the last 3 days). i'll re-deposit £1k more into crypto tomorrow probably and see how it goes.

thankfully i don't feel too bad at all right now, since everton are top of the league and look good for the title. otherwise i'd probably be more concerned about the pressing matter of paying the bills for the upcoming months."
http://stopmebeforeivoteagain.org/brightside.jpg

zasterguava 09-20-2007 06:54 AM

Jim shouldn't you empathise with the guy; instead of ridiculing him?

luckyjimm 09-20-2007 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Jim shouldn't you empathise with the guy; instead of ridiculing him?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do emphasise with the guy. And I'm not ridiculing him.

cooker3 09-20-2007 07:36 AM

Man, when you think Everton are going to win the league you know you have issues

samsdmf 09-20-2007 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, when you think Everton are going to win the league you know you have issues

[/ QUOTE ]

We will be happy with UEFA up this year

havewemetbefore 09-20-2007 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vavavoom 09-20-2007 09:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We will be happy with UEFA up this year

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck with that !

Rekwob 09-20-2007 09:28 AM

link to the thread where lucky jimm makes a six figure roll from nothing and bustos again pls, i missed that

or are people missing the point again

luckyjimm 09-20-2007 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
link to the thread where lucky jimm makes a six figure roll from nothing and bustos again pls, i missed that

[/ QUOTE ]

It was $60 to $4600 to $0 in two days. Yes, of course I enjoy Bluescouse's blog because I see him as a kindred spirit, though his spin-ups are far more successful than mine. The most I ever won was £6k... he's got up to £150-£200k three times now, and each time gone back down to zero. I want him to turn it round, to at least learn to manage his addiction, just as I want the same for myself. There are plenty of functioning compulsive gamblers, just as there are function alcoholics and drug addicts.

mocky 09-20-2007 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT!

Rekwob 09-20-2007 09:50 AM

yeah i saw, i was having a go at the people comparing the two of you, bluescouse is possibly the biggest degen known to the internet, and he actually thinks he can make money at this game, or at least he must if he bought a house on the back of it, you like a bit of a gamble now and again and admit as much

basically, [censored] the nits in this thread

luckyjimm 09-20-2007 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah i saw, i was having a go at the people comparing the two of you, bluescouse is possibly the biggest degen known to the internet, and he actually thinks he can make money at this game, or at least he must if he bought a house on the back of it, you like a bit of a gamble now and again and admit as much

basically, [censored] the nits in this thread

[/ QUOTE ]

I've ended up in a lot of trouble because of gambling, though. I mean, not having enough money to buy food or travel to work or replace falling-apart-clothes, having no social life since I gambled away all my money, and basically just having a rubbish life because of my gambling. The difference is, Bluescouse has won life-changing amounts, while I've just lost them.

kioshk 09-20-2007 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was $60 to $4600 to $0 in two days. Yes, of course I enjoy Bluescouse's blog because I see him as a kindred spirit, though his spin-ups are far more successful than mine. The most I ever won was £6k... he's got up to £150-£200k three times now, and each time gone back down to zero. I want him to turn it round, to at least learn to manage his addiction, just as I want the same for myself. There are plenty of functioning compulsive gamblers, just as there are function alcoholics and drug addicts.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you live with your parents, don't have a job, can't pay your rent/mortgage or your debts, etc., you really aren't functioning. But you could define "functioning" in a lot of ways, I suppose.

Daddy Warbucks 09-20-2007 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
bluescouse is possibly the biggest degen known to the internet

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/images/...enyamine-1.jpg

Enervate 09-20-2007 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bluescouse is possibly the biggest degen known to the internet

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/images/...enyamine-1.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

He's worth millions and lives in a huge mansion.

HIV 09-20-2007 11:25 AM

luckyjimmmmmmmmmmmmm, u da man.......u growin on me man, true degen. i am proud to call u a fellow railbird

MYNAMEIZGREG 09-20-2007 11:40 AM

Jim,

I really enjoy your posts and I look for them every time I am in NVG. Please ignore everyone who has some unprovoked dislike for you, as it is just a sign of insecurity. You have been nothing but helpful (and I know a lot of other people enjoy your posts as well). Please keep it up.

Greg

MYNAMEIZGREG 09-20-2007 11:42 AM

Also, don't feel the need to address everyone who calls you out. And, I would like to give you a free hour of coaching. Please PM me.

Greg

Jackal69 09-20-2007 11:47 AM

what was the house worth/what did he put into it?

MegaFossil 09-20-2007 11:57 AM

Has anyone watched or played against this guy long term? Does he have talent, but poor bankroll skills or is mostly just a LAGtard spew-monkey who's gotten on a few heaters only to come crashing back down every time?

ipp147 09-20-2007 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he is just a LAGtard spew-monkey who's gotten on a few heaters only to come crashing back down every time?

[/ QUOTE ]

luckyjimm 09-20-2007 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, don't feel the need to address everyone who calls you out. And, I would like to give you a free hour of coaching. Please PM me.

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, thanks, cool! Just had a read of your blog. But you do realise I play exclusively PLO?

luckyjimm 09-20-2007 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone watched or played against this guy long term? Does he have talent, but poor bankroll skills or is mostly just a LAGtard spew-monkey who's gotten on a few heaters only to come crashing back down every time?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is how he wins (from July):

"i was pretty tilted and put my entire crypto roll on £100/£200 (£19,700). no-one came though for the first few minutes. so i opened up betfair and put my entire betfair roll $45k on $250/$500. i couldn't afford to lose both if i wanted to get the house i'm looking at so whichever table started first i would close the other. a player on betfair joins me after awhile so i close down crypto. he buys in for $50k. first hand i raise pre and he calls. i bet flop and he check raises me. i call him down on flop turn and river when he pushes with K high and my top pair which i made on the turn was good for a $90k pot.

he still has a few $k left over from the $50k and that goes shortly. he buys back for $20k and a couple of hands later i re-raise to $4500 pre with AK and he calls. the flop comes 6810. not a great flop but i commit myself by betting $7k/$8k of his $14k and change (pot $9k). he moves in instantly. i call. turn Q river A. he shows Q9 and i win the $38k pot. he leaves."

MYNAMEIZGREG 09-20-2007 12:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, thanks, cool! Just had a read of your blog. But you do realise I play exclusively PLO?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can prob teach SS PLO

ben wb 09-20-2007 12:13 PM

I think he spent £150k ($300k) on the house but he still has a mortgage, think his roll was up to £350-400k or $7-800k at one point but after spending nearly half of it on the house he busted the rest.

luckyjimm 09-20-2007 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think he spent £150k ($300k) on the house but he still has a mortgage, think his roll was up to £350-400k or $7-800k at one point but after spending nearly half of it on the house he busted the rest.

[/ QUOTE ]

No wai!!!

His roll got up to £150-£200k in July this year. He lost £63k in a night and since then has been losing steadily. The idea was that he would buy a house outright; but, instead, it seems he just put down a deposit. I think he only put down like £30k, and got a big fat mortgage. Remember he lives in Wales where houses are pretty cheap. He had the money to buy outright but chose not to, keeping the money to gamble with, and giving himself a mortgage he didn't need and won't be able to pay.

I don't see why he doesn't just get a job, any job. But I've been in his position myself - living at home, no income, any money I can get hold of going on poker, and so obsessed and addicted that it's impossible to be interested in any job, in anything other than gambling.

ben wb 09-20-2007 12:37 PM

I'm not sure, I'll have to read back in his blog but I thought he spent more than that, think it's in one of the comments he explains it rather than a blog entry. This is what Amatay, who knows him quite well, wrote in his blog:

"You have to hand it to Ed, although he gets alot of criticism in the comments on his blog he's just brought a 3 bedroom house for £250k in which he's paid for over half of it outright. Fair [censored] play. He's 19 yrs old FFS! How many fish can say that??? " http://amatay.blogspot.com/2007_07_01_archive.html

AntonHeat 09-20-2007 12:51 PM

Blue is one sick degen [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

luckyjimm 09-20-2007 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure, I'll have to read back in his blog but I thought he spent more than that, think it's in one of the comments he explains it rather than a blog entry. This is what Amatay, who knows him quite well, wrote in his blog:

"You have to hand it to Ed, although he gets alot of criticism in the comments on his blog he's just brought a 3 bedroom house for £250k in which he's paid for over half of it outright. Fair [censored] play. He's 19 yrs old FFS! How many fish can say that??? " http://amatay.blogspot.com/2007_07_01_archive.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I hope so. But a £125k mortgage is still pretty fierce when you've no job and negative income!

luckyjimm 09-20-2007 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can prob teach SS PLO

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, cool, will PM you.

moving shapes 09-20-2007 12:55 PM

i like this blog entry:

"i got lent a £k from a friend and lost it over the last 2 days on $5/$10 and then later $2/$4. i'm not 100% sure what the plan is now. will have to do some serious thinking. maybe on my game also."

ITILTEZ 09-20-2007 01:07 PM

Prediciton: Bluescouse will have more money in 3 years then anyone who has so far posted in this thread.

Shizzle12345 09-20-2007 01:25 PM

why someone wouldnt practice br management with those big sums of money is beyond me.

TheRempel 09-20-2007 01:29 PM

Re: Bluescouse in freefall *DELETED*

Post deleted by Dids

Shizzle12345 09-20-2007 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://smouch.net/lol

[/ QUOTE ]
fu

mocky 09-20-2007 01:32 PM

Ban TheRempel please.........