Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   FTP locks my account for excess transfers, refuse to answer emails. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=448227)

kyleb 07-11-2007 02:12 AM

FTP locks my account for excess transfers, refuse to answer emails.

limitninja falsely accuses me of scamming FTP in various threads in this forum, so I am going to defend myself publicly and tell the real story.

The only thing I am guilty of is transferring money to a lot of people and staking players. Every single one of them (some 2+2'ers) have responded to their emails and submitted the documents they requested (usually ID and a utility bill), but they refuse to unlock my account, my friends' accounts, and some 2+2'ers that I know (limitninja is one, there are others that I won't name).

A few months ago, I asked a supervisor at FTP who I know personally if there would be a problem in buying into FTP and transferring funds to various people I know to stake them for poker. Many of them are 2+2'ers who I will not name in order to protect their privacy. The aforementioned supervisor said it would be fine as long as there was enough play on their accounts and there was no fraud going on (credit card chargebacks, chip dumping, etc). I assured him we would keep it totally clean.

A few months later, my account is locked along with many others on this forum and others I have staked. They locked any account that I transferred to with only a few exceptions, claiming that they wanted to investigate the large number of peer-to-peer transfers I had done (many of them for Stars money in the person-to-person transafer thread). I gladly told them all the information they wanted, submitted my ID and a utility bill, and had the people I was staking do the same. 2+2'ers came to me and asked me what the deal was; I told them to comply with FTP and not make a public scene of it.

This was about a month ago. FTP now refuses to answer my emails (I send them in probably every other day with no answer - not even an automated response) and continues to lock up over $10,000 of my money. Fortunately this isn't a huge blow to me, but it's annoying nonetheless.

I apologize to all who are affected, but I've done nothing wrong and I've done everything FTP asks for. I email them every other day or so and they refuse to respond to emails.

I was hoping not to criticize FTP publicly, but I had no choice.

People who have successfully done transfers with me are asked to post in this thread to show FTP that they are mistaken and give me a good history. Despite limitninja's absolutely baseless claims that I am "scamming" FTP, even he can attest to the fact that I made flawless trades with him.

Mods, I request that you censor limitninja's baseless accusations and get to the facts. Thank you.

EDIT: limitninja apologized in his thread. Ignore the last statement.

ImsaKidd 07-11-2007 02:13 AM

Re: FTP locks my account for excess transfers, refuse to answer emails

I thought I would play FTP to have access to more games, but I really doubt it now.

limitninja 07-11-2007 02:23 AM

Yes KyleB is right I traded with him, he sent me funds on Full Tilt and I sent him money by money order. I am sorry for accusing you kyle as I don't have all the facts, it does seem more likely that one of the people who traded with you somehow scammed full tilt, by either making a fraudulent deposit, by doing a chargeback or by transferring you dumped chips, I am almost sure that only ones affected are the people you transferred money to, not the ones that transferred to you. So you need to ask full tilt where the questionable transfer came from, especially if you know someone who works there.

kyleb 07-11-2007 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes KyleB is right I traded with him, he sent me funds on Full Tilt and I sent him money by money order. I am sorry for accusing you kyle as I don't have all the facts, it does seem more likely that one of the people who traded with you somehow scammed full tilt, by either making a fraudulent deposit, by doing a chargeback or by transferring you dumped chips, I am almost sure that only ones affected are the people you transferred money to, not the ones that transferred to you. So you need to ask full tilt where the questionable transfer came from, especially if you know someone who works there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can guarantee it has nothing to do with someone who I traded with. Their emails to me are very specific and say that it's because of me transferring money to a lot of people.

This apparently is worth locking my account for 3+ weeks and refusing to answer emails, even though last week they said they were close to finishing the investigation.

limitninja 07-11-2007 02:26 AM

yes but do you know all the 2+2ers you traded with personally ??

kyleb 07-11-2007 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yes but do you know all the 2+2ers you traded with personally ??

[/ QUOTE ]

I know them well enough to know that it's not them. Again, the emails they sent me say it's specifically because of my transfers. I can't go more into detail, but trust me, it's because of this stupid reason.

selurah 07-11-2007 02:29 AM

This is just one more reason why I will not put any more money on Full Joke even though I have rakeback there.

jeffman 07-11-2007 02:30 AM

I can't take any more of this time for me to move the BR to the land of gifts instead of RB...

limitninja 07-11-2007 02:30 AM

Well this is good enough reason for everyone to boycott Full Tilt, this is my third account that gets locked on there, and none of them got connected to other ones.
Last account got locked I don't know for what, Limitninja account got locked for god knows what. First account got locked because Full Tilt is a retarded joke for a company.

Thremp 07-11-2007 02:32 AM

I xferred with KyleB. He is real person. Not Idi, 419, G-Man scamtard.

selurah 07-11-2007 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't take any more of this time for me to move the BR to the land of gifts instead of RB...

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously jeffman, I quit playing there about a month ago and am not even considering going back at the moment. It's just not worth it when crap like this keeps coming up time and time again. I've never had a problem there but who knows when my luck is gonna run out. I keep my money on Stars now where I know that it is safe.

limitninja 07-11-2007 02:36 AM

This is why my first account got locked, I made a deposit of $ 600 using my debit card on full tilt.

They charged it 3 times for a total of $ 1800, actually none of the charges were $ 600 even they all were like 604, 605 etc. I emailed Full Tilt, they told me that it is my banks fault, so I waited 14 days to see if these were only authorization of actual charges, after 2.5 weeks the charges remained meaning they were charged by Full Tilt's processor, I am sure that is a completely seperate entity located in the Phillipines.(that was the location for those transactions). I emailed Full tilt again they told me again to contact my bank, that they have my money. Than I had another ongoing issue with Full Tilt and they sent me a threatening email that they will close my account and will confiscate the rest of my money. I am pretty sure I posted that email when I first signed up on 2+2. After another email it was obvious that they weren't going to do anything about it. Thus I was forced to contact my bank and dispute those transactions, and after that Full tilt closed my account and sent me an email asking why I did it.

boohaa12 07-11-2007 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is why my first account got locked, I made a deposit of $ 600 using my debit card on full tilt.

They charged it 3 times for a total of $ 1800, actually none of the charges were $ 600 even they all were like 604, 605 etc. I emailed Full Tilt, they told me that it is my banks fault, so I waited 14 days to see if these were only authorization of actual charges, after 2.5 weeks the charges remained meaning they were charged by Full Tilt's processor, I am sure that is a completely seperate entity located in the Phillipines.(that was the location for those transactions). I emailed Full tilt again they told me again to contact my bank, that they have my money. Than I had another ongoing issue with Full Tilt and they sent me a threatening email that they will close my account and will confiscate the rest of my money. I am pretty sure I posted that email when I first signed up on 2+2. After another email it was obvious that they weren't going to do anything about it. Thus I was forced to contact my bank and dispute those transactions, and after that Full tilt closed my a
account and sent me an email asking why I did it.

[/ QUOTE ]

i remmember this post and story you speak of. I was debating stars or FT. Even though i have RB at FT Kyles situation and many other post on the first 3 pages of this board have motivated me to go to the land of gifts as well.

frommagio 07-11-2007 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

A few months ago, I asked a supervisor at FTP who I know personally if there would be a problem in buying into FTP and transferring funds to various people I know to stake them for poker. Many of them are 2+2'ers who I will not name in order to protect their privacy. The aforementioned supervisor said it would be fine as long as there was enough play on their accounts and there was no fraud going on (credit card chargebacks, chip dumping, etc). I assured him we would keep it totally clean.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does your supervisor acquaintance say? That would be the first person to talk to, since he cleared it beforehand.

Teh1337zor 07-11-2007 02:53 AM

This sucks, Kyleb have you pmed ftpdoug?

kyleb 07-11-2007 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What does your supervisor acquaintance say? That would be the first person to talk to, since he cleared it beforehand.

[/ QUOTE ]

That it was escalated to "higher management" and he knows nothing anymore.

kyleb 07-11-2007 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This sucks, Kyleb have you pmed ftpdoug?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't; good idea. Thanks.

limitninja 07-11-2007 02:55 AM

I wish I could find the email exchange between me and ftp. So everyone could see how idiotic some of the people who work for them are.

kyleb 07-11-2007 03:01 AM

Here are some emails:

June 22nd

Hello Kyle,

I apologize for the the confusion regarding your account.

You're account has been locked because a large number of player
transfers have been going to various players in the UK who receive the
large transfer, play a minimum of fixed limit games and then withdraws
the whole amount within the same day. I do understand that these
transfer are for staking players as you have stated but what isn't clear
is why Full Tilt Poker is needed in these transactions.

When you transfer funds to a player who then withdraws a large amount in
comparison to what type of games they are playing this does pose certain
security issues regarding the use of the funds. If you were to stake a
player on the site and the money was used to buyin to various
tournaments or ring games this would not be an issue as we can see
clearly what the funds were used for and that they were used in
legitimate play. In this situation the funds almost immediately leave
the site and occasionally come back on and funds send to your
FCommunists account. This is were the issue lies as this blurs the
nature of the funds. If the funds were intended for off-site use then
you can transfer the funds from your payment processor account to
another account rather than move the funds on Full Tilt Poker.

Can you please explain to us why it is necessary to move the funds on
Full Tilt Poker rather than using a payment processor account and
directly transfer the money? Once we receive an answer we'll look into
the situation as soon as possible. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Antonio
Full Tilt Poker Support

My response to the above email

Antonio,

I was told by people who work at FTP that as long as there was no fraud (and there isn't any) and that we played enough hands to cover the deposit limits as well as make some money for the site that using transfers would not be a problem. Furthermore, I play a significant amount of hands on my own account as well, and use it for transfers to other people in the US and Canada. Two people from TwoPlusTwo had their accounts locked that are not being staked by me, and it's ruining my name on the forums. As such, I feel the need to defend myself, and may have to make the aforementioned post about FTP being irresponsible in these investigations.

Yes, the people in the UK are being staked by me and others for sportsbetting and other purposes. If we could open a payment processor and pay the fees ourselves, we would - but Click2Pay is extremely slow in responding to our requests, and they do not allow peer-to-peer transfers from personal accounts.

Had I known that FTP would look down on these types of transactions that we are engaging in, I would have never used them in the first place. I was under the impression that what we were doing was not only allowed, but welcomed, since we were bringing in new business for your site.

Please keep me informed with your decisions and any information you might need from me or others.

June 23rd

Hello Kyle,

Thank you for emailing Full Tilt Poker Support.

I have forwarded your e-mail to the appropriate department, Kyle, as
they can most effectively answer your question. You should hear back
from them shortly.

Thanks for your patience. If you have any further questions, please let
us know.

Regards,

Anthony P
Full Tilt Poker Support

June 25th

Hello Kyle,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I am discussing the
situation with senior management at the moment and we'll get back to you
as soon as possible.

Regards,

Antonio
Full Tilt Poker Support

June 26th

Hello Kyle,

Thank you for emailing Full Tilt Poker Support.

Firstly, thank you for your patience during this investigation.

Your investigation has been escalated to Upper management who are now in
the process of reviewing your case.

Please be assured that they will respond to your inquiries and matters
shortly.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Regards,

Kevin L
Full Tilt Poker Support

July 1st

Hello, Kyle.

Thanks for writing in.

We understand your frustration with this issue, but we ask that you also
understand that an investigation of this nature and involving such a
large number of accounts and transactions can and will take a
considerable amount of time.

The investigation is ongoing and we believe it to be nearing completion,
and your continued patience is appreciated. Once we have completed our
investigation, we will advise you immediately of our findings.

Sincerely,

Kevin L
Full Tilt Poker Support

---------

They stopped responding after July 1st.

It's worth noting that all the money was not instantly withdrawn from all these accounts, and that no fraud was going on whatsoever.

Teh1337zor 07-11-2007 03:16 AM

thats so sick you give them a logical answer back and they just ignore you

horrible

Kazuma 07-11-2007 03:22 AM

If these players aren't playing enough, then they should just make them play more until they have paid enough rake. I don't see why accounts have to be frozen. Seems pretty dumb.

frommagio 07-11-2007 03:45 AM

Tough situation, I hope it will work out. You asked the questions up front, and complied with the rules that they laid out. Assuming that everything checks out, you really should be OK after the investigation. But the silence must be extremely frustrating.

Antonio's email actually started out pretty well. It's informative and clearly written, which is much better than one would expect from FTP. It gives some hope that the investigation is rational, and that it might lead to a reasonable conclusion.

But then the frustrating part begins. The communications begin to break down, the content begins to disappear, and the investigation enters into the realm of FTP's trademark silent period. That's the part that seems unacceptable to me. It's a typical example of what I have often referred to on these forums as FTP's lack of respect for its customers.

In various "official FTP" threads, I have challenged FTPDoug and/or Sean to address their overall issues with customer support, which I believe clearly arise from a fundamental corporate lack of respect for their customers. There are numerous examples; yet they will not address the issue forthrightly.

For me, the lack of customer respect is a huge red flag. It's the sole issue preventing me from patronizing FTP.

None of us would accept this treatment from businesses that we deal with in other areas of our lives. Even though there are few choices available for online poker, we should still insist on a minimum level of corporate ethics. Markets work; if enough folks held to their normal standards, we would all have far more acceptable choices.

MicroBob 07-11-2007 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fundamental corporate lack of respect for their customers.

[/ QUOTE ]

4drugmoney 07-11-2007 04:38 AM

Wow sucks dude.

Synergistic Explosions 07-11-2007 04:50 AM

So they think you are the kingpin for a large money laundering operation?

Eleven days of silence after they hinted the investigation was nearing completion?

Good luck with those jokers.

kyleb 07-11-2007 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So they think you are the kingpin for a large money laundering operation?

Eleven days of silence after they hinted the investigation was nearing completion?

Good luck with those jokers.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really know what they think, to be honest. They don't email me! Hah!

MaddyBerg 07-11-2007 05:48 AM

Hi Kyleb,

Feel free to question my credibility as I am new to the site, however here are my thoughts.

First of all, regardless of your innocence, by sending large sums of money to many, many accounts who play low limits then withdraw, you are obviously raising some flags. With soo much fraud in the industry, these types of things need to be thoroughly scrutinized and such things require long investigations. I experianced a similar length of time when my account was under investigation with pokerstars when I was acting as a payment processor for many of my friends (depositing large sums of money, sending them around the world, and some of these players withdrew funds immediately).

You must realize that with so much fraud occuring in the industry these investigations can take long periods of time indeed.

By the sounds of it, you have not excersized your patience. I think a post like this is a bad idea. Not only does upper management probably read such things and could probably delay the investigation, but if the funds arent fraudulent, then they are rightfully yours. You say that 10k is not a big hit for you, and I agree it probably isnt, But if thats the case, the least you can do is wait for them to officially deem your funds no-fraudulent and rightfully return them to you.

Based on your post, it sounds to me like you are very concerned that Full Tilt Poker will find something you dont want them to, thus you being paranoid and concerned that your funds are not being returned at this point in time.

I think your post bashing the site does not have a positive effect on the situation. If you are not commiting fraud, you should take a deep breath, and let pokersites thoroughly investigate the money you've transfered using their client as a conveniance.

kyleb 07-11-2007 05:53 AM

I wouldn't have made this post if they hadn't simply stopped responding to emails. When I worked for PokerStars, we never would have just flat-out ignored emails with regard to an ongoing investigation, and we did our best to keep the people in the loop.

Furthermore, I cleared it with an employee of FTP before I did anything and I still am running into problems. It's pretty ridiculous.

MaddyBerg 07-11-2007 06:00 AM

The fact that you have 10k locked up probably tells me that you arent exactly being patient, and I dont blame you. Its money, its stressful and lack of response isnt exactly comforting. You do however say you send them an email every second day asking for an update. Based on the emails you provided from FTP, they said they would contact you when the investigation is complete. Sending multiple emails a week not only creates more work, but seems irritating. Again based on the emails youve provided, 2 of the messages from Antonio and Kevin L almost say the exact same thing: We will contact you when WE are finished our investigation. FTP is one of the larger pokersites in the world and isnt just going to completely ignore you. I'm sure once again that this is from a lack of patience you've shown because you have a significant amount of money stuck on their website. I would be extremely suprised if you never hear from them again and if they do take your funds (considering you arent fradulent of course).

boohaa12 07-11-2007 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FTP is one of the larger pokersites in the world and isnt just going to completely ignore you.

[/ QUOTE ]
i didnt want to get involved in this post as they seem to be a dime a dozen (with FTP anyhow), not so much stars (sept the recent Druff incident (resolved in a day))...

but in reguards to OP not being patient noobie, there is a long history of this crap ftp pulls. This has been going on for 6 months. When FTPDoug use to comment on these threads from day to day, and some of them got very serious, FTP promissed to keep investigations to a 2-4week maximum and keep players informed along the way. Now i can see this may be rather large from the size of transaction in quantity and mass, but at the same time our respected admin Kyle has given them almost all the information he can scrounge up. If FTP has a problem with a player withdrawing funds after getting them, there needs to be rule set in place as to how much MRG needs to be generated before withdrawl. Oh wait there is (someone check TOS i have got this email before).. I think its 20% of transfer or 5% cant remmeber.
I have had withdraws in past cancled for this reason... I think most the blame lies here with FTP for their direct statement of ppl cashing out too quick, when they need to limit this more responsibly.
Sorry i lit you up new poster, but this has gone on for a long long time, and im always scared to keep what little cash i have on there. I get most of mydonking funds from my real life friend who only transfers to me, but hes got 10k+ in his account. Id feel terrible if something happened cause i wd too soon.

MaddyBerg 07-11-2007 06:37 AM

No apoligies needed.

I feel that people in this forum place too much trust in fellow posters and such. Yes, Kyleb has been on this site for a while clearly. Only kyleb knows the truth behind his funds. Players defending him have no idea what is happening with these funds or if they are indeed fraudulent. This is by no means an accusation of kyleb, but certainly not something to just throw away. This industry has so many fradulent and sketchy money laundering, collusion, chargeback, etc techniques, that scrutuny never hurts. Again, I realize he's well known and well trusted, but lets keep in mind that Full Tilt has access to information that posters dont. If they have reason to beleive a thorough investigation is necessary, I'm sure they'd rather be safe than sorry. Hypothetically, if kyleb was fraudulent, dont you think FTP would rather have him light them up on the forums than lose thousands in some sort of fraud skeem?

I think the general vibe I get from this site is that posters are fussy. These supposed "bots" on the site did not receive a thorough enough investigation, so everyone leaves. Now kyleb receives a very thorough investigation and once again, people are unhappy. Folks need to get over this [censored]. This is a large pokersite making millions of dollars a DAY! I can assure you they are probably taking all appropriate measures for this case and not doing anything uneccessary. With such a big license to print money, I'm sure that cases that could affect the business are thoroughly analyzed. Lets not forget, they are the big millionaire smart business minded poker site, and we are the gambling degens :P

trixtrix 07-11-2007 07:44 AM

wow.. just wow..

someone else have to debate w/ you logically on this, i don't have the time right now. suffice to say that you're totally absolutely wrong about this.

your argument essentially boils down to: a million-dollar corporation can never be at fault, therefore it must be the individual..

btw, you really need to learn how to spell "scheme" if you want to sound as smart as you try to on your posts. "skeem" doesn't even come close..

trixtrix 07-11-2007 07:46 AM

i have done 4 digit transfers w/ kyle in one of my books, didn't have a problem

Suigin406 07-11-2007 08:47 AM

another horrible screw up by FTP support, it seems they have just totallly inept at this stuff as can be seen from several threads in this forum over the last couple of months from bots to simple transferring...

they keep people out of the loop (at least in my personal experience) for relatively long periods of times (1 week or so) and that's awful to do for customers and really for anyone who values money...this is not a topic u string people along with...

seriously, they can't even get transfers right...2 of mine have been rejected over incomplete mailing address, despite the fact that i've ordered tons of stuff from the store and they said after the first one it wouldn't happen again and apologized...

even though i don't know kyleb, complaints occur so frequently at full tilt that i don't even question his side of the story in this...

it would be nice if the ftp reps would reply in the tough threads rather than in the threads telling me the server has crashed again...and again...and again...

MiltonFriedman 07-11-2007 09:50 AM

FTP transfers unrelated to poker playing got you blocked

This seems pretty straight forward: FTP locked your account for the reasons they say and the activity you admit to, which has nothing to do with staking people to play poker:

"Yes, the people in the UK are being staked by me and others for sportsbetting and other purposes. If we could open a payment processor and pay the fees ourselves, we would "

You must be clueless to NOT realize why you using FTP to fund sports-betting activity is a problem, a BIG problem given the posture of the US towards sports-betting.

At a minimum level, you must see why your using their financial transactions ability to avoid paying transfer fees to Neteller/Click2Pay and sticking FTP with costs is a issue as well. FTP's financial transactions system is for playing poker, not funding sportsbetting somewhere else.

Milton

trangers 07-11-2007 10:14 AM

Re: FTP locks my account for excess transfers, refuse to answer emails.

I was considering opening up an account at FTP, but after reading this and other threads like this, I will never open up an account there. It doesn't matter how soft games are, or how much RB they give if you can't get the money out.

trixtrix 07-11-2007 10:30 AM

Re: FTP transfers unrelated to poker playing got you blocked

[ QUOTE ]
This seems pretty straight forward: FTP locked your account for the reasons they say and the activity you admit to, which has nothing to do with staking people to play poker:

"Yes, the people in the UK are being staked by me and others for sportsbetting and other purposes. If we could open a payment processor and pay the fees ourselves, we would "

You must be clueless to NOT realize why you using FTP to fund sports-betting activity is a problem, a BIG problem given the posture of the US towards sports-betting.

At a minimum level, you must see why your using their financial transactions ability to avoid paying transfer fees to Neteller/Click2Pay and sticking FTP with costs is a issue as well. FTP's financial transactions system is for playing poker, not funding sportsbetting somewhere else.

Milton

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh.. so what does that have to do w/ ftp freezing 5 digits of his br? wouldn't the proper procedure be to cash him out and close his acct, if ftp didn't like the way he transferred funds?

what excuse can you/ftp come up w/ that justifies freezing money op have accumulated legitimately?

when a bank does not want to conduct any further business w/ you, do they send you a check for your remaining balance before closing your acct, or do they simply take whatever funds you have left there and not answer your phone calls? when a land casino does not like the way you're counting cards at blackjack and have you 86'd, are they allowed to simply confiscate whatever chips you have in possession?

or here's a far simpler example: if an internet payment processor company no longer wants to conduct business w/ customers from a particular country. would you feel slighted in the very least if instead of them cashing you out your balance there, they simply told you to expect extreme delays, freezing all types of transfers and withdraw methods, and blocks off all means of communication?

assuming op's story is true, ftp is no better than neteller in this matter, and that's a very long way down..

oh yea, i never deposited at ftp despite signing up for an acct there. and w/ brutally clumsy decisions like this, i doubt i ever will either..

Mike Haven 07-11-2007 10:55 AM

It looks to me like the Q&A is here:

[ QUOTE ]
June 22nd

Can you please explain to us why it is necessary to move the funds on Full Tilt Poker rather than using a payment processor account and directly transfer the money? Once we receive an answer we'll look into the situation as soon as possible. I apologize for the inconvenience.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I was told by people who work at FTP that as long as there was no fraud (and there isn't any) and that we played enough hands to cover the deposit limits as well as make some money for the site that using transfers would not be a problem.

Had I known that FTP would look down on these types of transactions that we are engaging in, I would have never used them in the first place. I was under the impression that what we were doing was not only allowed, but welcomed, since we were bringing in new business for your site.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you haven't shopped your friend directly to FTP then it's time to tell their senior management his name so he can confirm these base facts.

If I have read it correctly, you deposited $10,000 some time ago. Obviously, this has shown by time passing that it was "good" money. You state you were fair to them and you played a significant amount at FTP, presumably so you could get your remaining money out at some stage. Slowly, you passed money out of your bankroll by transferring it to others who you thought and assumed were going to play enough hands at FTP to more than cover the costs of FTP's banking procedures before they withdrew to use what is in effect "good" money for whatever offsite reasons they wanted.

If this is all correct, (and I admit their is a taint of possible money-laundering or some other skeem I can't think of), then once their Supervisor tells them he agreed you could use their offices for the transfers, they have to give you your money, immediately. They may also choose to demote or fire the Supervisor, and they may close your account, but there should be no more than a few working-hours' delay in coming to the payout conclusion.

MiltonFriedman 07-11-2007 10:58 AM

"uhh.. so what does that have to do w/ ftp freezing 5 digits of his br? wouldn't the proper procedure be to cash him out and close his acct, if ftp didn't like the way he transferred funds?"

According to the posts, some of the money flowed back to him, correct ? So, I think it is reasonable to review the matter.

I suspect that, despite his clear abuse of player transfers on FTP, his funds will be released after they are done looking at this.

(I have no connection to ftp, and do not have an account there. I just marvel at how myopic posters gloss over details like "I was using FTP to launder money to people for sports-betting, unrelated to poker.")

iSTRONG 07-11-2007 11:16 AM

As I stated in the other thread, this is serious enough to make me stop all p2p transfers.

It's outrageous that sites allow customers who pay this much rake to be treated that way. Think of a single service industry where you pay a few thousand dollars a month and were you are not treated like royalty! Only poker sites think they can do this!

Now, i urge everyone to reconsider where they play and to take into account customer service standards. Too many people just ignore that fact which is fine until you need to deal with them and by that time it's too late.

Personally, i see absolutely no reason to play on FTP over Stars. Stars have been exemplary in their customer service and will be rewarded with my custom once again when party stops being so profitable.