Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   JAMIE GOLD comes Clean in Interview (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=356817)

onoble 03-16-2007 04:51 PM

JAMIE GOLD comes Clean in Interview

http://www.rawvegas.tv/watch.php?vID...d56a76aaf842d4

talks about the lawsuit and stuff

Peter McDermott 03-16-2007 05:13 PM

Re: JAMIE GOLD comes Clean in Interview

Cliff notes plz.

Wendell Pierce 03-16-2007 05:24 PM

lol @ monkeyfkked a football.

onoble 03-16-2007 05:25 PM

CLiff notes:
- Sorry for the way I acted after ME
- People mislead me but its my own fault
- I am not the greatest player ever.
- Doyle Brunson is better than me.
- I got lucky to win.
- I hope to be a good poker Ambassador.
- LOL Donkaments.

DamitBob 03-16-2007 05:27 PM

Damage Control. I won the biggest event ever. Damage Control. I won the biggest prize in sports. I love all the pros and they are all better than me.

5 minutes of ass kissin. 2 thumbs down.

ZPinhead 03-16-2007 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ monkeyfkked a football.

[/ QUOTE ]

Peter McDermott 03-16-2007 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
CLiff notes:

[/ QUOTE ]

k'thx.

I wonder how much this has to do with Bodog canning him? Having someone who is world-famous for being a welcher as your spokesperson hardly seems like good business.

I can see how the excitement of running over the table the way he did and winning 12m could make anybody into a dick for a while at least.

I give him some credit for admitting that, even if he still hasn't figured out yet that the pros aren't welcoming him to the table solely for the pleasure of his company. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Chops 03-16-2007 06:14 PM

Chops here.

Writing for Wicked Chops Poker (which has been unabashed bashers of Gold) and now meeting Gold personally through RawVegas.tv and being there for the actual Raw Perspective, I'll say this: I understand people's skepticism on the damage control angle. Hard not to. But the guy was totally genuine and definitely wants to step up and be a positive influence on the game. Whether or not it happens who knows, that's totally on him. But he meant what he said, and it wasn't force-fed by any handlers this time. At a minimum it was a step in the right direction.

rsigley 03-16-2007 06:24 PM

must be close to broke and reality is hitting him in the face a lil too hard

458 Lott 03-16-2007 06:29 PM

He's not getting the endorsement deals that the previous 3 Champions got. He's now realizing that acting the part of a total @$$ has cost him a lot of money. Joe Hachem is still getting the good endorsement deals and public and TV appearances like Gold never happened.

Notice how he blames others for his arrogance after the win then says it was his fault they kept people away. Who is they? No one has forgot what he said and the way he acted. He'll be gone from the poker scene for good after the 2007 WSOP. Sorry dude, it's probably too late, you blew it.

Humble Pie 03-16-2007 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He'll be gone from the poker scene for good after the 2007 WSOP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I respectfully disagree. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

SuperUberBob 03-16-2007 07:42 PM

Hard to change the first impression you make on the general public. Best bet if Jamie really wants to fix things up is to keep himself low-key and as far out of the spotlight as possible.

ilyasik 03-16-2007 07:50 PM

i still don't like him.. not very likable person.. also what he played on hsp season 3 was awful! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
even gabe kaplan did better :P

kflop 03-16-2007 09:14 PM

Sure Gold got lucky in the WSOP. But, I still think he's a talented player, unique player. I don't think you'll see him playing above his head and I'd also go on a limb and say he's not into sports betting or the pit. He'll be around for a while.

Having said that, I also think he's a insincere, manipulative douche.

demon102 03-16-2007 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i still don't like him.. not very likable person.. also what he played on hsp season 3 was awful! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude seriously there were a ton of players that played worse the Kaplan.

ed8383 03-16-2007 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He'll be gone from the poker scene for good after the 2007 WSOP. Sorry dude, it's probably too late, you blew it.

[/ QUOTE ]
i bet he will play a decent amount of tournaments and will final table a big tourney in 07 much like past champs. This tournament of course will legitimize his win a little more and earn him more respect. Remember when moneymaker made the final table at the shooting stars? that was the last important event he did in poker for some time. I think the same will happen with Gold. He will make a final table and then we won't see him again for a while.

ThaHero 03-16-2007 10:42 PM

Does his neck look weird or is it just me(and the liquor)?

iMsoLucky0 03-16-2007 11:05 PM

I didn't watch the interview because I can't stand to watch Jamie Gold talk more than I have to but I have read a bunch of interviews and read his deposition for the lawsuit.

My question is this: Does he come clean about being a welcher? Or only about being cocky, etc.? Because the post early that relayed what he said didn't say anything about him coming clean about trying to screw the other guy out of a bunch of money.

fizresh 03-16-2007 11:33 PM

thx for the link. i've been a gold hater and i'm glad i saw this.

no 5-min interview can erase his past dbag-ness, but he seems sincere. he acknowledges mistakes, apologizes and wants another chance. fair enough.

ilyasik 03-20-2007 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude seriously there were a ton of players that played worse the Kaplan.

[/ QUOTE ]

i know that kaplan is a good poker player too, but in this case (hsp 3) gold was horrible and kaplan on the other side showed up his poker skills [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
and i of a wsop winner i expect some better plays.

Anders 03-20-2007 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
thx for the link. i've been a gold hater and i'm glad i saw this.

no 5-min interview can erase his past dbag-ness, but he seems sincere. he acknowledges mistakes, apologizes and wants another chance. fair enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it seems like he was even about to tear up a bit in the middle there. Reminds me of a 5th grader being forced by a teacher to apologize for stealing the 4th graders' kickball [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

rafiki 03-20-2007 01:09 PM

someone have a link to what he said after the win ? I totally missed all that goodness.

isapistola 03-20-2007 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i know that kaplan is a good poker player too, but in this case (hsp 3) gold was horrible and kaplan on the other side showed up his poker skills
and i of a wsop winner i expect some better plays.

[/ QUOTE ]
cash games = tournaments

rafiki 03-20-2007 01:26 PM

ok I found the original drama. haha what a scumbag

NicksDad1970 03-20-2007 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He's not getting the endorsement deals that the previous 3 Champions got. He's now realizing that acting the part of a total @$$ has cost him a lot of money. Joe Hachem is still getting the good endorsement deals and public and TV appearances like Gold never happened.

Notice how he blames others for his arrogance after the win then says it was his fault they kept people away. Who is they? No one has forgot what he said and the way he acted. He'll be gone from the poker scene for good after the 2007 WSOP. Sorry dude, it's probably too late, you blew it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I remember Gold saying (when it was down to about 20 people in the WSOP ME) he was thinking of dumping the tourney. He said he didn't want to do endorsements etc. He wanted to stay behind the scenes.

That doesn't mean people don't lie or change their minds.

who knows

P.S. - He seems to scream for acceptance more than Mike the Mouth.

Rushmore 03-20-2007 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people keep saying sh*t like this?

Gabe kaplan would hand most of the players on these boards their asses pretty quick.

Rushmore 03-20-2007 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://www.rawvegas.tv/watch.php?vID...d56a76aaf842d4

talks about the lawsuit and stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I think he's a d-bag, and yes, he was an utter buffoon.

That said, he seems sincere here, and I am inclined to cut him some slack.

We're all supposed to be fairly adept at reading people here. Do you all not read him for actual sincerity?

snakewicked 03-20-2007 04:07 PM

In addition to the video, it's worth reading, if you're into that, the interview he did with us at WCP a day or so later. More apologies with some mea culpa on the lawsuit, a bit on a bathroom encounter with Mike Matusow and a bold statement that he'll final table at this year's WSOP.

Link to interview here.

Or bypass the link and just read the key excerpts below:

On the WSOP this year:
"I know this is the thing you guys are going to kill me on, but I think I'll make the final table this year. I know you're gonna slam me on this, but that's what I believe."

On being an ambassador and making mistakes:
"Poker deserves a really high profile ambassador and I couldn't do it. I made some mistakes. I [censored] some things up. I followed some bad advice. I hope I can change that now."

On the lawsuit:
"I had a lawyer and he had a lawyer and they both started screaming at each other and then wouldn't return each other's calls and the next thing you know I was being sued. So it seems to me he got some really bad advice. But I got some bad advice too. And it was just a misunderstanding. It never should've happened."

moving shapes 03-20-2007 05:14 PM

he should come on here and tell crazy stories like brandi

Weir 03-20-2007 06:35 PM

OMG SOMEONE CUT OFF JAMIE GOLD'S HEAD AND PUT IT ON ANOTHER BODY.

AND HE SEEMS ALMOST LIKE NOT THE BIGGEST DOUCHEBAG IN THE WORLD.

THERE IS A GOD, AND HE IS GREAT!!!!!!!!1

KakiTee 03-22-2007 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cash games = tournaments

[/ QUOTE ]

"Chris Fergeson is waiting for the blinds to go up"