Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Important: E-mail pokerstars about SnG changes. (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=236962)

Deuce2High 10-15-2006 02:31 PM

Important: E-mail pokerstars about SnG changes.

Dear PokerStars,

I have been a member of your site for some time but until now I have predominantly played on PartyPoker. The reason is because I liked their high-stakes sit n gos structure a little bit better and because I got rakeback. Now that I am playing on Stars I do have some recommendations for your higher stakes games....

1) Add $1000 Turbo SnGs. More rake for you guys and more games for me.

2) Remove one of the 100-200 levels so the tournaments play a little faster. The 100-200 25 ante level is a good transition from 50-100 to 200-400/25 and should be the one to stay, in my opinion.

3) Please provide an option for me to disable the lobby pop-up at the start of a tournament, because when I am playing on many tables they clutter my screen and I am always closing them out.

4) Please deal out the cards faster when players are all-in.

I really love the site and software and I appreciate you taking the time to take my recommendations into consideration.

Mario

Edit: This isn't meant to be a form e-mail. Some may not agree with what I recommended. But just something to work from.

pokerraja 10-15-2006 02:49 PM

Re: Important: E-mail pokerstars about SnG changes.

Great email. I also think its important to add a level time clock to the screen. I like to know exactly how much time is left in each level.

Also, I remember Lee saying that PS likes to deal out cards slowly to add more dramatic effect, kinda like how they do on TV. I hate it.

recondite7 10-15-2006 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2) Remove one of the 100-200 levels so the tournaments play a little faster. The 100-200 25 ante level is a good transition from 50-100 to 200-400/25 and should be the one to stay, in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only non reasonable request because it involves a massive change in the way the game is played. Although many regular players moving over from party would want this, I think that there are a lot of people that do not want this change and there is not a compelling reason why pokerstars would feel the need to change it.

ManChild 10-15-2006 05:29 PM

<font color="red"> </font> "and because i got rakeback"

you think if we piss them off enough they will create a way for us to get rakeback?

curtains 10-15-2006 05:30 PM

Didnt they just create a virtual rakeback type of bonus in their VIP store?

ManChild 10-15-2006 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what are the details of this?

citanul 10-15-2006 05:31 PM

Dear Deuce,

While you liked the Party structure better and liked the fact that you got rakeback there, we have a couple things to say to you:

1) WatchagonnadoaboutitnowbiatchPartyisbusto

and

2) see (1).

"Stars Support"

curtains 10-15-2006 05:33 PM

Something like $1500 for 100K FPPS?

citanul 10-15-2006 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what are the details of this?

[/ QUOTE ]

there's no "virtual rakeback" it's quite blatant. you play, you get points you can turn points in to stuff, the stuff is worth money. some of the things are things like gift certificates, that are very clearly worth dollar amounts. i think they might have even put cash in the store.

ManChild 10-15-2006 05:33 PM

do you get it in $$$, or do you get it in goods?

curtains 10-15-2006 05:34 PM

No I believe they now have an option to get straight cash.

citanul 10-15-2006 05:35 PM

yes, that is a supernova bonus that is available,

for 100k pts you can get 1500 in cash
for 180k pts you can get a 3k gift of your choice though.

and for 5m pts you can get a 110k car, which blows both out of the water in terms of $/pts.

pineapple888 10-15-2006 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you get it in $$$, or do you get it in goods?

[/ QUOTE ]

Either one, cash until at least Dec. 31 of this year, goods are worth more but you have the hassle of converting it into cash (unless you actually want the goods). There have been a bunch of threads on this, use search to find more details.

curtains 10-15-2006 05:37 PM

pineapple quick tell me what the rakeback % is on the straight cash [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] cant find details

ManChild 10-15-2006 05:38 PM

Supernova Reward Bonus

For the first time ever you can use your Frequent Player Points (FPPs) to purchase a PokerStars bonus. The VIP Reward Bonus will credit $1,500 to your account once you have earned 10,500 Base FPPs. This item will remain in the VIP Store until Dec 31st 2006 after which time it will be further reviewed. Pending bonus status may be checked in your Cashier with the "Check My Bonus Status" button.

there are smaller cash prizes for fewer points too

Eric Draven 10-15-2006 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's 100K to buy a bonus, which is 10,500 base (not 3.5x) FPP for $1,500... Which if my math is correct ~19.19% "rakeback." Yeah, you use to get higher on PP... So who cares? Stop complaining about no RB. Seriously. (this isn't directed at OP or anyone else, just a general feeling).

I think I'm sticking with Amazon FPP anyways - I'm really liking them [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

pineapple888 10-15-2006 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pineapple quick tell me what the rakeback % is on the straight cash [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] cant find details

[/ QUOTE ]

OK it was in the [censored] thread.

Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
not a great deal for gold/plantinum members:
gold: 25000 for 285 ==&gt; $0.0114/fpp ==&gt; 11.4% rakeback
plantium: 50000 for 650 ==&gt; $0.013/fpp ==&gt; 16.25% rakeback
nova: 100000 for 1500 ==&gt; $0.015/fpp ==&gt; 26.25% rakeback
it used to be about $0.016/fpp if you buy amazon gift certificate

So can the higher-volume players just save up the FPPs until they are Supernova and then just cash them out then at the higher rate?
Obv. risk involved that they will change the rate, etc. but other than that any problem with this idea?
OK so I took my lazy self to their Web site.

This offer is valid through the end of the calendar year, at which point it will be re-evaluated.

The FPPs don't expire unless you don't play for an entire calendar year.
No other restrictions I could find.

Seems like it's pretty easy to get to Supernova for full-time pros.

Edit: Actually the multipliers don't count so this would take me about 50 more days of 12-tabling six sets per day at the 60s. OK can't take too much time off before the end of the year.

Clearing it looks pretty easy, should take about a week.

So, rock on, I guess. If I feel like the hassle of using other methods to convert FPPs to cash, I can always do that, but this is pretty sweet I think for me personally.

Edit: Once I get to Supernova which wasn't quite as easy as I thought.
Plus there's always the instant 9% rakeback because of lower rake at Stars than at Party.

ManChild 10-15-2006 05:44 PM

can anyone link me to "how to earn points" i cant find it

citanul 10-15-2006 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's 100K to buy a bonus, which is 10,500 base (not 3.5x) FPP for $1,500... Which if my math is correct ~19.19% "rakeback." Yeah, you use to get higher on PP... So who cares? Stop complaining about no RB. Seriously. (this isn't directed at OP or anyone else, just a general feeling).

I think I'm sticking with Amazon FPP anyways - I'm really liking them [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

eric,

i'm so unclear on this stuff, please help:

what do you mean 10.5k base? is this something about the distinction between fpp and vpp i'm missing again?

c

pineapple888 10-15-2006 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cleverly hidden at http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/

Cliff notes: 5 FPPs for every $1 in rake (tournament fees). Multipliers increase FPP rate as you move up in levels, but the multipliers don't affect so-called "VPPs" which determine which level you get to.

Eric Draven 10-15-2006 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For SNGs, 5 points per dollar, and there are multipliers based on your star level (gold, platinum, and supernova).

If I recall correctly it's almost 27% for Amazon gift cards, and now my math says 19% for cash. Take that for what it's worth.

HoRRoR 10-15-2006 05:50 PM

well actually normal sngs should stay, as they are, but turbo sngs are meant to be turbo and not slower than normal party sngs [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Eric Draven 10-15-2006 05:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

eric,

what do you mean 10.5k base? is this something about the distinction between fpp and vpp i'm missing again?

c

[/ QUOTE ]

VPP doesn't have the multipliers that FPP have. So you need to get 10,500 @ 5points/dollar.

pineapple888 10-15-2006 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

eric,

c

[/ QUOTE ]

He's talking about clearing the bonus after you have earned it, but those points still count towards your next certificate or whatever as you are clearing, so it doesn't really make sense to count that against your rakeback IMHO.

TryTight 10-15-2006 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually like this better than party. It at least gives you time to see the backdoor flush get there.

pineapple888 10-15-2006 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For SNGs, 5 points per dollar, and there are multipliers based on your star level (gold, platinum, and supernova).

If I recall correctly it's almost 27% for Amazon gift cards, and now my math says 19% for cash. Take that for what it's worth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazon gift cards in U.S. dollars are BUSTO.

Not sure what the constraints are on buying UK or whatever gift cards and using/selling them.

tboss888 10-15-2006 06:42 PM

You guys do realize the info tab lists how much time left in level right?

bones 10-15-2006 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually like this better than party. It at least gives you time to see the backdoor flush get there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Play more tables.

citanul 10-15-2006 06:47 PM

tboss,

no i had no idea at all actually. that's pretty good [censored] right there! does it list the buyin, during sngs?

but this way i'd have to miss all the exciting chat!

citanul

TryTight 10-15-2006 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Play more tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't....I'll lose! LOL
But I figure by playing 3-4 at a time I'm probably more in touch with what the fishes want vs what the 5-10% that are pros want. BTW what % do you guys think are pros playing in SNGs. Or at least 6-8 table SNGs?

curtains 10-15-2006 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys do realize the info tab lists how much time left in level right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but if you use small tables you cant see it without scrolling. Also its a bit annoying to have to ignore all chat and press it at the beginning of each tourney.

mackthefork 10-15-2006 07:10 PM

LOL change all the things that are good to the [censored] structure on Party basically?

Mack

Pudge714 10-15-2006 08:37 PM

Best Use of FPP's Ever

crzylgs 10-15-2006 09:18 PM

I hate the 2nd 100/200 level. That's retarted.

Michael C. 10-15-2006 09:48 PM

I've used rakeback and I'm sad to see it's gone BUT one thing that always bothered me is how unfair it is. Why should some people make more/less depending on who they know and where they sign up? So I actually think it's much more fair for a site to give everybody the same deal, based on volume. It could be a VIP program like Stars, or some kind of rakeback through the site itself. Of course the whole point of rakeback schemes is to get affiliates to get players, but as a player, I like everybody getting the same deal.

tboss888 10-15-2006 09:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear PokerStars,

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a problem for them adding more or not enough interest?

futuredoc85 10-15-2006 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Dear PokerStars,

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a problem for them adding more or not enough interest?

[/ QUOTE ]

they would not have filled up regularly b4 all the party pros came, obviously they liked this idea b/c they added them already

cleinen 10-15-2006 10:05 PM

deleted

curtains 10-15-2006 10:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
deleted

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I saw it, that was a really terrible call.

cleinen 10-15-2006 10:08 PM

i just posted it in the wrong thread i moved it