Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Should I quit poker? Help me analyze my PT stats (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=407801)

KGB_x 05-20-2007 04:35 PM

Should I quit poker? Help me analyze my PT stats

Ok so I played 24k hands to figure out if I'm any good.
Now I need someone to tell me. Any input is good input. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Should I tighten up or do I just generally suck? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7102/ptvv2.jpg

How can I improve?

James81 05-20-2007 04:59 PM

Re: Should I quit poker? Help me analyze my PT stats

At first I would do - STAY AT ONE LIMIT for a couple of hands and then check your stats again.

MrWooster 05-20-2007 05:11 PM

I would suggest playing a lot tighter as well - maybe take VPIP down to 20-23% and pf raise to 18-19% - also as James says - I think you are playing too many limits - play what your bankroll lets you.

Teddie 05-20-2007 05:28 PM

Go back to 0.05, stay at that limit for 10k hands then post up here again.

KGB_x 05-20-2007 05:33 PM

0.05 r u seriaz!???

Teddie 05-20-2007 05:37 PM

Nope, stay at $6 level and continue to piss your money down the drain, doesnt really bother me.

sdfsdf 05-20-2007 05:40 PM

move up to 25/50 to chase your losses, DO NOT play penny stakes because they wont respect your raises

SheridanCat 05-20-2007 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
0.05 r u seriaz!???

[/ QUOTE ]

You can see you're an overall losing player after 24K hands, right? You're doing something wrong and need to figure out what that thing is. Why do you want to do it at a level where you can get hurt badly? Fix your game and move up - unless you have a large bankroll and don't mind taking the hit.

SheridanCat 05-20-2007 05:44 PM

It's really hard to say much, but you look awfully loose and aggressive preflop. No idea what's going on after the flop, but it looks like you may be putting yourself in a bad spot by being so loose before.

KGB_x 05-20-2007 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
move up to 25/50 to chase your losses, DO NOT play penny stakes because they wont respect your raises

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what I was thinking

Teddie 05-20-2007 05:51 PM

Then go and do it.

gutte169 05-20-2007 06:04 PM

If you're looking for a serious response, it should be obvious. Up to $1 NL you are killing...over 20K hands and probably 20bb/100. This is standard stuff, you're not good enough to move up yet. Do you really need to post your results to realize this?

Take your time...make $1 NL your home and take small shots at $2 NL until you are winning more comfortably. As far as "input", you are playing a few too many hands. You're a maniac preflop and the people playing at the higher limits are running over it.

uDevil 05-20-2007 06:24 PM

See the pattern?

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/919/kgbci0.gif

KGB_x 05-20-2007 06:33 PM

Hehe yea, nice graph. When I tilt I play loose as hell. Gonna try TAG'ing up some. Thanks for the replies. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

SheridanCat 05-20-2007 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hehe yea, nice graph. When I tilt I play loose as hell. Gonna try TAG'ing up some. Thanks for the replies. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are prone to tilt you MUST either a) bring your tilt under control and not do it or b) stop playing when you feel yourself tilting.

Tilt will kill you in the short term and the long term.

robbie380 05-20-2007 07:56 PM

tighten up a bit and play $100 buy in until you stop tilting. i don't understand how people get on tilt and don't fix the problem. it sucks even worse to get out of control and lose more money. if you know you have a tilt problem then figure out why it happens and get over it. i know it's not that easy but it's something you have to realize is happening and gain control. lighting money on fire is no fun!

WDJ 05-20-2007 08:33 PM

Hello OP, what is the software you use to get these stats and is it compatible with FTP and Party?

Thanks.

SheridanCat 05-20-2007 10:03 PM

Poker Tracker, and yes.

lucky_mf 05-20-2007 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How can I improve?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah - Play less hands.

You can't win playing as loose as you are playing especially at the limits you are playing.

Really, as a beginning player your VP$IP should be around 20%. You can call with speculative hands (suited connectors and gappers) in position but don't limp and call raises with them. Really you should try to avoid open limping at all because it puts you in a tough spot (out of position) with your marginal hand when there is a raise behind. Most of the hands you are open limping with you should probably be folding (with the possible exception of pocket pairs). Also you are raising too much. There is no optimal pre-flop raise percentage, but for you anything above 15% is probably too high. Basically, I would shoot for something like 19/12-14/3. As I indicated you can get there by (i) not open limping (folding more), (ii) only raising premium hands out of position, and (iii) only calling raises in position with suited connectors (and gappers, suited aces, pocket pairs, and premium hands (which you could also re-raise) depending on factors such as the raisers tendencies, and the number of other callers.

Also - you are probably playing well beyond your skill level and above the level where you can learn hard lessons cheap. I would love to see you at one of my NL ($6) tables though. In fact, if you were playing 25/50 I would consider sitting in. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Lucky

Acein8ter 05-20-2007 10:38 PM

Go to full ring and master that game first. Then switch to 6max... Start at 50nl...

gedanken 05-21-2007 05:21 PM

and maybe you're completing too much from the small blind. it's a sucky position, just don't play it. look at your position stats and see how much you make from that seat.

by the way, you're actually winning, especially if you hadn't played those 67 hands of NL$6.

DWarrior 05-21-2007 07:24 PM

ur obv running bad at 3/6 and are overdue for a win, go back and play at least 2k more hands. Once your luck evens out there, you'll be back in the green.