Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Joe Torre = Dodgers manager (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534463)

MEbenhoe 10-30-2007 07:48 AM

Joe Torre = Dodgers manager

link

W brad 10-30-2007 07:55 AM

Re: Joe Torre = Dodgers manager

Yes!

Brooklyn steals one from the Bronx.

THAY3R 10-30-2007 08:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes!

[/ QUOTE ]

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

mo42nyy 10-30-2007 08:14 AM

enjoy

Suigin406 10-30-2007 08:20 AM

wow, a pretty [censored] spot for little

Mondogarage 10-30-2007 09:26 AM

And in a big FU to the Yankees, the Dodgers (ugh) will sign Torre, A-Rod, Posada, and Mariano...

Naw, I'm sure the Dodgers don't have the payroll room, but ya never know.

kyro 10-30-2007 09:29 AM

A-Rod, please go to the Dodgers. Thanks.

lippy 10-30-2007 09:40 AM

I figured he'd just retire. Weird. Isn't he like 137?

Los Feliz Slim 10-30-2007 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wow, a pretty [censored] spot for little

[/ QUOTE ]

True. I think he did a terrible job as Dodgers manager, but they still shouldn't leave him twisting in the wind like this.

Nez477 10-30-2007 11:12 AM

Too bad he's going to the third best team in the division.

TMTTR 10-30-2007 11:19 AM

You think the Steinbrenners are bad? Exactly one month ago, Frank McCourt, the Dodgers owner, told Little and the press that Little would be staying on as manager for 2008... whoops.

Link

NT! 10-30-2007 11:21 AM

somewhere, johnny broxton is pre-emptively icing his arm.

andyfox 10-30-2007 12:30 PM

I've observed Grady the past two years; he's a terrible manager, a hands-off guy who lost control of his team last year. He stays with his starting pitchers way too long. Plus he's terrible with the press, that monotone delivery making him seem vacant.

Then again, the McCourts have relied on Tommy Lasorda for advice about personnel, so how can the situation be anything but bad?

Jack of Arcades 10-30-2007 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And in a big FU to the Yankees, the Dodgers (ugh) will sign Torre, A-Rod, Posada, and Mariano...

[/ QUOTE ]

They're signing Jorge Posada to be the bench coach?

NT! 10-30-2007 12:46 PM

he's going to back up nomar at 3B obv.

DesertCat 10-30-2007 12:49 PM

Just when I thought Torre could not be humiliated any more...

James282 10-30-2007 12:50 PM

In related news, Scott Proctor has filed a restraining order against Torre - and is suing him for past damages!

James

Dynasty 10-30-2007 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This could really influcene Mariano Rivera.

NT! 10-30-2007 12:57 PM

i didn't think a-rod even liked torre that much?

posada is obv not going to the dodgers unless it's to suck russell martin's big gristle dick

i doubt rivera is going there either, even the dodgers are smart enough to know that paying 40 million for an over-the-hill closer (even if he is one of the best of all time) is dumb when you have saito and broxton already.

PITTM 10-30-2007 01:06 PM

Well now I can continue to hate torre as I had previously done.

centris 10-30-2007 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Quick Mondo without looking it up what is the name of the Dodger's catcher? I really have a hard time believing you could write this if you knew anything about the current catcher situation for the Dodgers. They have one of hte best young (thus cheap) catchers in baseball.

Mondogarage 10-30-2007 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Quick Mondo without looking it up what is the name of the Dodger's catcher? I really have a hard time believing you could write this if you knew anything about the current catcher situation for the Dodgers. They have one of hte best young (thus cheap) catchers in baseball.

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding, I wish he were the Rockies catcher. Martin and Loney were the best players against the Rox in that 7 game September stretch. And Martin would have beaten out a couple plays Torrealba got thrown out on, in the playoffs. Half a level for you, son.

private joker 10-30-2007 01:28 PM

Grady was terrible; there was no team unity, no excitement, and very little development of our talent from 2006 to 2007. Good riddance.

I'm stoked about Torre, and if he brings Mattingly, A-Rod, and Rivera with him, then I may just have to drive down to Chavez Ravine next summer for a few games.

DonkeyKongSr 10-30-2007 03:47 PM

Not sure how I feel about this. I love the Dodgers and hate the Yankees, but I wouldn't mind seeing some Yank players coming this way, particularly A-Rod.

CharlieDontSurf 10-30-2007 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Grady was terrible; there was no team unity, no excitement, and very little development of our talent from 2006 to 2007. Good riddance.

I'm stoked about Torre, and if he brings Mattingly, A-Rod, and Rivera with him, then I may just have to drive down to Chavez Ravine next summer for a few games.

[/ QUOTE ]

0 chanche Mo leaves.

andy is the only Yank who could possibly split

Matt Williams 10-30-2007 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

0 chanche Mo leaves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pettitte had a handshake deal that basically said he would retire before leaving the Yankees. He wanted a 2 year deal in case he wanted to play another year.

TMTTR 10-30-2007 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pettitte had a handshake deal that basically said he would retire before leaving the Yankees. He wanted a 2 year deal in case he wanted to play another year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rumor has it that Pettitte will likely sign with Yankees for 2008 and get a player option for 2009 similar to the one he has now... OR retire.

Can't remember where I read this, but I know I read it in the last 24 hours.

Matt Williams 10-30-2007 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rumor has it that Pettitte will likely sign with Yankees for 2008 and get a player option for 2009 similar to the one he has now... OR retire.

Can't remember where I read this, but I know I read it in the last 24 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exaclty, he wanted a 2 year deal last year. He probably wants another 2 year deal this year. The Yankees actually trusted him enough to give it to him last year. I'm sure they will do it again this year. He's super religious and is incapable of lying/BS'ing.

MEbenhoe 10-30-2007 04:14 PM

Pettitte is one of my all-time favorite yankees, and he still is a pretty solid pitcher. I say give him whatever he wants to stay another year.

Franchise 60 10-30-2007 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pettitte is one of my all-time favorite yankees, and he still is a pretty solid pitcher. I say give him whatever he wants to stay another year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree completely. Perfect kinda guy to have around the young guys for the next 2 seasons or so.

Smell The Glove 10-30-2007 04:22 PM

If Joe Torre will play the best players, then I'm really excited about this. Little/ Colletti let Loney, Kemp and Billingsley sit in AAA/ the bench/ the bullpen for the first half of the season while playing fleabags like Brady Clark, the corpses of Nomar and Luis Gonzalez, Brett Tomko and Mark Hendrickson. The Dodgers have a ton of young talent that's ready to play, or close to being ready. They should utilize that talent. Also if Torre can manage to put a ball gag in Jeff Kent's fat mouth, that would be cool too.

Mondogarage 10-30-2007 04:31 PM

Maybe the Dodgers can trade Jeff Kent to the Yanks to play 3rd.

Okay, now that was a level.

Mondogarage 10-30-2007 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

0 chanche Mo leaves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you believe there is zero chance Rivera leaves? Has he come out and said he guarantees re-signing in the Bronx?

I think the only FA with no chance of playing for anyone else is Pettitte. Okay, and Clemens, if you want to count him, but for different reasons.

Triumph36 10-30-2007 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If Joe Torre will play the best players, then I'm really excited about this. Little/ Colletti let Loney, Kemp and Billingsley sit in AAA/ the bench/ the bullpen for the first half of the season while playing fleabags like Brady Clark, the corpses of Nomar and Luis Gonzalez, Brett Tomko and Mark Hendrickson. The Dodgers have a ton of young talent that's ready to play, or close to being ready. They should utilize that talent. Also if Torre can manage to put a ball gag in Jeff Kent's fat mouth, that would be cool too.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yes joe torre is known for his ability to sit veteran players for young guys.

lolll gl w/ that - prepare for more nomar

Smell The Glove 10-30-2007 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol yes joe torre is known for his ability to sit veteran players for young guys.

lolll gl w/ that - prepare for more nomar

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah i wasn't saying this based on my knowledge of torre, more on my own wishes. it's just that playing your best players is SO OBVIOUS THAT EVEN MY MOTHER COULD DO IT and it pisses me off that the Dodgers basically throw wins away so that they can play Nomar's corpse et al.

Mondogarage 10-30-2007 04:42 PM

Torre could possibly end up doing differently with the Dodgers, if only because the veteran players he'd walk into there aren't *his* veteran players, and he may not feel any special loyalty to them.

Triumph36 10-30-2007 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Torre could possibly end up doing differently with the Dodgers, if only because the veteran players he'd walk into there aren't *his* veteran players, and he may not feel any special loyalty to them.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah and he might sign posada so russell martin will ride the bench

CharlieDontSurf 10-30-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

0 chanche Mo leaves.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you believe there is zero chance Rivera leaves? Has he come out and said he guarantees re-signing in the Bronx?

I think the only FA with no chance of playing for anyone else is Pettitte. Okay, and Clemens, if you want to count him, but for different reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

because all Mo cares about is he wants a certain deal and a certain amount of cash. If he gets that he has no reason to go anywhere else.

Joe Torre isn't a big deal to him compared to say a Jeter or Andy who view him as like a second father

THAY3R 10-30-2007 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes!

[/ QUOTE ]

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

[/ QUOTE ]

cmon guys this didn't get enough love.

Vyse 10-30-2007 05:45 PM