Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   STT Strategy (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   My Story + An Offer (HOLY BALLS LONG) (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=304064)

Pasterbator 01-11-2007 04:06 PM

My Story + An Offer (HOLY BALLS LONG)

WARNING - If you don't care about my poker story, scroll down to the <font color="red"> OFFER SECTION. </font>

So here it is. A lot of you know my story, my background, how i got started...but for those that don't: here ya go!

I started playing poker around the Moneymaker era, obviously. I was the kid who played with his friends for $5, won the money every time, and would take the money and buy beer with it. My first semester of school, i had won $650 JUST from these small $5-$20 games that we played. However, i was losing money online.

I had never heard of 2p2 at the time. I had never read a Sklansky book. I had never heard of bankroll management. I would deposit $50. Play a $22 SNG. Lose. Throw something. Rinse and repeat. This went on until i lost ~$500. Then, i found 2p2. MY LIFE TOOK A COMPLETE TURN FORTHE BETTER.

A few weeks after discovering this site, i luckboxed my way into winning a $5rebuy on party for $3600. Exactly one week later, i won it again for $5200. Two and four days later, i final tabled it for $1300 and $1100. I had finally built a bankroll.

Then i came across SNGs. Bleh. I would read everything in this forum daily. Gigabet would post some ridiculous article talking about WHOTHEFUCKKNOWS and i would pretend like i understood it. I was gonna be the next big thing!! Fast forward to last year. I worked my way up to the $55s with a $4500 roll. I just failed a class and got a D in another one. I PROCEEDED TO GET HAMMERED. "2+2 STTF ATM" - For those people who benefited from my drunken 1/2 2p2 shenanigans...you're welcome. I drunkenly gave away $1800. WTF. I WAS SOOOO UPSET. Never before had i lost so much money and i felt like a complete waste of life.

Then i met McShove, who had just won a big MTT and switched to cash games. Something made him want to give me a quick coaching session, for free. Honestly, this is the single most important event to happen in my poker career.

My results: Party:

200NL: 48k hands - 7.12bb/100
400NL: 43k hands - 6.4bb/100
600NL: 26k hands - 7.2bb/100

Stars:

400NL: 20k hands - 9.6bb/100
600NL: 53k hands - 4.7bb/100

So thats me. I want to thank everyone that i have talked to for helping me improve my game. Anyone that i talk to on AIM and EVERYONE that i talked to in Vegas - you guys have helped me grow as a player more than i ever could have myself.

Personal shoutouts: I don't like to make these because i always leave someone out, and while SOOOO MANY people contributed to my success, i'd like to thank Luke (IWEARGOGGLES), Travis (TravestyFund), and of course McShove for being there from the start. And I remember when we were all playing the $33s with sooo little money to our names. Now you guys are big time ballas and im trying to follow in your footsteps. Also bones and bigt were there. And all the canadian guys. And the SIHB, if it werent for you guys, who would i look up to?!?! And everyone one else...

So thats that. Now, for the real reason i started this thread.

<font color="red"> THE OFFER </font>

I'm starting a program for two lucky people (one of which has already been chosen). I will coach/stake this for 100NL and in turn, i will take 70% of their earnings over a MINIMUM of 35k hands.

Yes, i am taking a large portion of the winnings, but since i am taking the ENTIRE risk and giving you "free" coaching, i feel this number is more than fair. (I've heard taking 100% of profts is standard in this situation for a period of time, but im in a giving mood these days)

Example: Over 35k hands, you win at 5ptbb/100 (which, if you arent running like complete [censored], you had better be doing)

You are making $.10 per hand * 35k hands = $3500. I take 70% of this which = 2450 + the initial stake. You are left with $1050 which is now YOUR money.

Now, you have the option to continue being staked after 35k hands if you have not built a big enough roll to be on your own. I have the ability to opt out for ANY REASON i see fit throughout the entire process (tho unlikely to occur).

What I'm looking for:

- I want a small stakes player.
- Someone who has proven that they really want to learn.
- Someone who i can TRUST. (Have at least 3 2p2ers who would vouch for you)
- Someone who is willing to play AT LEAST 6 tables (more as you get a grasp of the game)

Futuredoc is my first student. I met him in Vegas, so i know he is 100% legit. He sounds excited to start, so i hope to begin this ASAP.

Please post your applications here:

Don't PM them. It makes it harder to compare people.

Please provide:

- Most tables you can see yourself playing:
- Current bankroll:
- What you expect to get out of this arrangement:

If i think of anything else, i will update you!

GL at the tables,
Jason

DevinLake 01-11-2007 04:11 PM

Re: My Story + An Offer (HOLY BALLS LONG)

Make it 3/6, and I'm in!

Pasterbator 01-11-2007 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Make it 3/6, and I'm in!

[/ QUOTE ]

SHIPPING $18K YOUR WAY AS WE SPEAK [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

kevstreet 01-11-2007 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Make it 3/6, and I'm in!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey wait, you still need someone for 100NL?

DevinLake 01-11-2007 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Make it 3/6, and I'm in!

[/ QUOTE ]

SHIPPING $18K YOUR WAY AS WE SPEAK [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You only need $18k to play 600NL? [censored], make it 1000NL then.

Pasterbator 01-11-2007 04:30 PM

InveraryHick (3:23:33 PM): one thing u didn't mention much in the thread...what is the extent of the coaching?

Good point. The coaching will initially consist of a 20-25 minute converstation to build some confidence and so i can give you the basic strategy to beat the games. From there, i will sweat you for 20-30 minutes, while you 2-4 table. We will discuss all/any hands you have trouble with.

I will always be available on AIM. Every time you have a hand that you think could have been played differently, copy it into a notepad and send it to me at the end of the session.

I do this with a lot of players now, such as schwza, devinlake, eagles, inyaface, soon2b, and MANY others. It is probably the single best way to improve your game. IMO, i think it has helped me more than playing 200k hands of poker. The discussions in themselves are priceless.

Mother Mucker 01-11-2007 04:31 PM

I guess people who can only 4 table are out?

I guess I could minimize the tables at Poker Stars and get 6 on there.

wiggs73 01-11-2007 04:39 PM

Pretty cool offer.

I'm pretty sure I'm not what you're looking for since I have probably 50-60k hands at NL200/400 but since I'm not beating NL400 for much at the moment (small sample, 30kish hands so who really knows how I'm doing) I'll toss this out there anyway...

1. 23 years old

2a. 9 and 2 man SNGs, maybe 3kish total, up to $60s consistently
2b. MTTs, not many
2c. Fixed limit HE and PLO, maybe 2k hands total up to 3/6 and PL100 respectively
2d. NLHE ring, probably 100-150k hands up to NL400

3. 8-tabling 6max (I'd prefer to not play more than 6, but ok I could probably handle 8 if I had to).

4. I have about $6k online at the moment with access to more offline if needed for some reason.

5. I wouldn't need a stake, but I would still split profits up to a percentage. Basically I'd be looking for someone to help me plug leaks and also someone to talk theory with about various situations beyond beginner's level.

I know it's probably not exactly what you're looking for, but I figured what the hell. And fwiw, several guys could vouch for me being trustworthy including Futuredoc.

edit - Assuming you're looking for a different kind of student, I'd love to add you on AIM to talk theory with or discuss hands. You can shoot me a PM if you want, or if you hate me deep down inside and I don't get a PM I won't be mad. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

edit 2 - to preempt people saying "6k is not sufficient for NL400", I know. I'm playing much lower at the moment while I work on some ideas / rebuild from a recent, large downswing.

Pasterbator 01-11-2007 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess people who can only 4 table are out?

I guess I could minimize the tables at Poker Stars and get 6 on there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would prefer someone who can 6 table because the hands will add up quicker and get you off on your own roll in a more timely matter.

My roommate 6tables on one monitor and never has any problem. It should be doable.

mmorpg 01-11-2007 04:43 PM

- Experience at all forms of poker:
I started out with 1/2 Limit HE and after breaking even for 2 months I gave it up. Then I started playing SNGs at party poker and after breaking even for 2 months I gave that up. Break for 2 months where I did a lot of reading on 2+2. Moved to a softer site and seem to be doing quite well so far. December I moved up to a mix of $11 and $15 which I 8-table.

To start with no more than 4.

- Current bankroll:
$2000ish

Learning as much as possible and make you proud [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I cant think of anyone who would vouch for me though since I dont really know any 2+2 from real life.

1C5 01-11-2007 04:48 PM

I would be very interested in this.

As you did, I switched from SnGs to cash games a few months ago.

I made good money at SnGs but never got to the higher levels. My highest games were 33s with a few 55s and then Party was closed to US players.

I then switched to cash as I was kind of sick of SnGs.

I progressed my way up from 25NL to 50NL (was there for awhile) to my current level of 100NL.

Results so far:

25NL 5K hands 10bb/100 (pt stats)
50NL 80K hands 7.5bb/100
100NL 40K hands 4bb/100

I do want to learn and move up in stakes, I do play 6 tables and can play more, I have been on this forum for years.

- Experience at all forms of poker: SnGs mostly, some limit, now getting into NL
- Most tables you can see yourself playing: 8+ (have a sick monitor setup) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
- Current bankroll: ~$5000
- What you expect to get out of this arrangement: Be able to move up in the limits.

I am eager to learn, never had a coach but do subscribe to cardrunners. With so many hands already played at 100NL, I would almost prefer (if you were ok with it) to do this for 200NL instead as I hope to be there soon.

cleinen 01-11-2007 04:49 PM

- Experience at all forms of poker:Have played mostly SNGs ranging from the 11s to the 55s
- Most tables you can see yourself playing:I was 9 tabling 33s on Party when that went south
- Current bankroll: I have 900 online right now
Make the move from SNGs to cash. I was at STTHUC I and II so finding someone to vouch for me shouldn't be an issue.

Green Kool Aid 01-11-2007 04:55 PM

Poker timeline:

Senior year- Chris Moneymaker, 10 dollar homegames, getting money online to 1 table 5.50 SNGs as a breakevenish player, etc.

Freshman year of college- don't play at all first semester as I'm running cross country and generally just having a good time in college.

Christmas break Freshman year- My friend comes and visits for a few days. He's been playinig on party, but still not very good. We were gonna go to a party with some high school friends, but I was feeling sick, so we just stayed in and played a 50+5 tournament together on Party. Amazingly, suckout after suckout, we win and split the profits. 3k each. He sends the 3k to my party account in installments, and I blow it over a couple weeks. The last of it went at 5/10NL. I felt like a moron, but stopped playing online for a while, and just focused on studying and partying a lot.

I play a bit in between here and there, but still, nothigni serious.

Winter break sophomore year I go to Turning Stone. I had maybe 100 online and 500 in my bank account, so no matter what Ill be playing over my roll.

I end up chopping HU in a 60 dollar daily tournament there for 2400 dollars. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!.

I met AJunglen on my TS trip, and he teaches me SNGs, goes over a few hand histories for me, and all of a sudden I had a bankroll and was beating the Party 11s for a 17 percent ROI over 1000 6 tabling them non stop. By this time, I had quit cross countyr/track beacuse of knee problems, and wasn't going to class much. Poker was life.

I lurked STTF and registered in March, and saw Raptor mentioned he 20 tabled SNGs. I went on stars where its easier to multitable, and tried a 20 tabling set of 6.50s. Then again.. Then again. I didnit lose in my first 9 sets of that. I was making "tons of money," dropped down to three classes, and got bad grade in the three I took.

Since then I left college, but am going back this semester, and have not really improved my game like I've wanted to, mostly because of bad runs whenever I take a shot, and further bad play, followed by extended breaks from poker.

In terms of NL cash experience, I have 12,000 hands of 100NL 6max in my database from November when I quit SNGs for a while, but only made 2.4 PTBB/100 playing 26/20.

There's a ton of info in between, but it's already tl;dr, so ill leave it at that.

Current Br is about 3k, but I am owed some money and just cahsed out recently, so I feel more than adequately rolled for 100NL.

Ive 20+tabled SNGs, so I could see myself ~8 tabling 6max, but probably 6 to start.

I expect to learn the skills to beat short-handed NL, but the big weaknesses I have are hand-reading and different spots to value bet.

For staking, them 70 percent sounds more than fair, as the coaching is more than worth it.

In terms of me being trustworthy, I think futuredoc is the only guy who could legitimately vouch for me, but I wouldn't be opposed to up-front payments just because there's obviously a risk with someone you don't know.

--Dave

TheNoodleMan 01-11-2007 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then i met McShove, who had just won a big MTT and switched to cash games. Something made him want to give me a quick coaching session, for free. Honestly, this is the single most important event to happen in my poker career.

[/ QUOTE ]
Having had the quick McShove lesson myself, I'd like to talk to you about this sometime.

Mother Mucker 01-11-2007 05:03 PM

Experience: I dabbled in all kinds from freerolls to Omaha8 tourneys. I do my best in small stakes NL SNG's (Pokerstars $6 and $11) and MTT's. I do love playing 25NL but I've played more SNG's because I'm just better at them. I do feel that I can really improve at the smaller NL ring games with some time and guidance.

Most tables I see myself playing: 6 I currently play 4, but I don't see why I couldn't go to 6, maybe 8.

Current bankroll: $160 (just withdrew $600 to help g/f with some bills)

What do I expect to get out of this arrangement: I expect to get knowledge, experience, and confidence. I know that with some guidance, I could be great. I would even be willing to lower my profit % for this opportunity because I know how much it would help my game and help me do it on my own.

Thanks for offering this and I hope whoever you choose, appreciates it.

cakewalk 01-11-2007 05:03 PM

I have been grinding since January of last year. I played sngs for the first 10 months of 2006 as a source of income, cashing out all too frequently to pay for school, rent and food. This has greatly hindered my progress as a poker
player. I have played around 20k hands at cash with varying success. I feel that I have a grasp on cash, but without the proper tutelage I will not be able to reach the apex of my potential. Under your guidance, I know that I would be able to make tremendous progress to baller status.

I have no problem being staked for little-to no profit in return for coaching. In reading your posts the past year or so, I have no doubt that if your coaching is anything like your commentary on 2p2 I would be able to learn an immeasurable amount of poker from you.

i sent you a pm but im gonna post it here again and answer everything fully:

20 years, of age.
Experience
around 7k sngs. $3.40s--&gt;$60s
around 20k 6max NL hands 25nl--&gt;100nl
random donkaments. that's about all of my poker experience. 2700 some odd 2p2 posts.

i dont know how many tables i could play realistically. probably 14+ (ty many long years of video games)
current br: $2000. this is before the semester starts [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

From your coaching I expect to become extremely proficient at mid stakes poker. I also expect this to help me on my way to the higher games.

futuredoc85, df_newb, and alreturnslol could all vouch for me and my legitedness.

rvg72 01-11-2007 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Please provide:

- Current bankroll:

[/ QUOTE ]

Poker:
* Fairly Big winner (&gt;6 BB/100 over 80K hands) in full ring Limit up to 5/10 with a little 10/20 thanks to prolific table selection.

* Double Digit ROI over 3K SNG's - mainly $33 to $77

* 5.5ptBB in NL100 and about 0.6 in NL200 over about 40K hands but had a couple of nasty swings in there. Was beating NL200 for a great clip and then dropped 10 buyins with some typical bad beats and tilt mixed in heavily... All this is 6 max. Playing NL100 now and really working on my game.

Tables: Currently play 3 or 4 but could play 6. 6 tabled SNG's back when I played those as my main game.

Bankroll: $6Kish online but I withdraw monthly. Have &lt;Indiana&gt; LOTS more if needed!!! &lt;/Indiana&gt; (sorry bud, could not resist [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

Expectations: Like Wiggs I'm not really interested in staking because I don't need it and I think I'd play poorly if I was using someone else's money (ie play too cautiously). I'm a part time player but love and study the game and hate that I am not beating it for a bigger clip and have many leaks - some I know about, many I probably have no idea about. I'm sure we could work something out if you were interested.

Bonus: I have been working on a DB/HUD for the last 4 months specifically for NL Cash and it is coming along very nicely... There might be some opportunities there - I'd love to get feedback / ideas from a consistent multi tabling winner of NL Cash.

rvg

Pasterbator 01-11-2007 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

- Most tables you can see yourself playing: 8+ (have a sick monitor setup) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha ive seen this setup a few times on the boards. No question it is ridiculous [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Keep the applications coming! While i'm only taking one more student right now, if this goes well, i will continue doing this in the future!

Hustlenuss 01-11-2007 05:10 PM

i'm not even close to meeting the requirements needed to be picked as a "protégé", but i wanted to say that this is an amazing offer, cudos to Pasterbator for facing this challenge and for being willing to pass his knowledge to a newbie. very, very noble of you.

PTB 01-11-2007 05:10 PM

-Age 19
-Experience at all forms of poker:
I’ve been playing for maybe 2 year online, built up my roll from jetset freerolls and have played around 3k SNGs from 2.75 to 33s and 27t’s. Up to 8 tabling 27s, but rite now in 8 tabling 16s after the party switch.
Last month I tried 10k hands of 100NL with very limited success
I’ve played some MTTs but nothing exciting happened, probably made a little in them.
-Most tables you can see yourself playing
I have played up to 8, I haven’t played more than 4 cash tables at once, but I don’t see it being much of a problem. I don’t know if could play much more than 8 because I haven’t tried, but I would be willing to.

-Current bankroll
Around 2k

Learn a lot about poker; actually learn how to play cash games well, and hopefully get up to some good mid stakes NL in the future.

I know pretty much all of the Toronto guys so they can all vouch for me (eagles, Pudge, BigT, Inyaface)

I’m just wondering how much time per week you would expect this protégée to play and commit to this project

Pasterbator 01-11-2007 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Expectations: Like Wiggs I'm not really interested in staking because I don't need it and I think I'd play poorly if I was using someone else's money (ie play too cautiously). I'm a part time player but love and study the game and hate that I am not beating it for a bigger clip and have many leaks - some I know about, many I probably have no idea about. I'm sure we could work something out if you were interested.

Bonus: I have been working on a DB/HUD for the last 4 months specifically for NL Cash and it is coming along very nicely... There might be some opportunities there - I'd love to get feedback / ideas from a consistent multi tabling winner of NL Cash.

rvg

[/ QUOTE ]

Very interesting and i'd definitely be interested in discussing this program.

For this first "project" i want it to be a 100NL staking agreement. If/when this succeeds, i will likely open myself up to fulltime coaching or possibly staking for 200NL. I will be saving this thread for the future so your applications will not go to waste.

As soon as one student finishes his 35k hands (or decides to stop) i will pick up another student.

Pasterbator 01-11-2007 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I’m just wondering how much time per week you would expect this protégée to play and commit to this project

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question:

I would like for him to finish the 35k hands in or around a month's time. Obviously the more tables you play, the quicker it will come, but i dont want this to become a race against the clock.

The idea is to get better as a player, so i will not set a time limit on this. However, i expect whoever i pick to put the effort in and play a lot.

billxo1b 01-11-2007 05:21 PM

I am interested in your offer:)

- Age: older than most of you in this forum, but much younger than skipbob:)

- Experience: Have played mostly SNGs ranging from the 11s to the 55s, Party and Stars; and about 20k NL25/50 to clear Party bonus.

- Most tables you can see yourself playing: I am 12-18 tabling $16/$27s on Stars; so I will probably 8-12 tabling NL cash games.

- Current bankroll: I have 6000 online right now

Make the move from SNGs to cash and become experienced in cash games.

I am not really interested in being staked. but we can work out some kind of profit sharing if you choose to coach me.

Hercules 01-11-2007 05:34 PM

HI, my name is Nathanael and i think this offer is really interesting. I was looking for a coach, but i can`t afford a good one with my little BR. I thought of writing an "reverse" to your offer in HSNL, but i didn`t know if it`d be appropriate etc...

-Experience: I have played 5 Months of poker (the last 2 serious) and read almost any good book out there. I have a ROI somewhere between 30% on my last games. Started with cashgames one month ago, but to be honest, i am down about 400$ in NL 100 (my biggest leak is identifying CS to late:).
-Tables: I was 20-table-botting SNG`s, but cash games are different. But 10 tables should be no problem, if recommended
- Bankroll: ~3000$

- Expectation: I wanna learn more and more about the game and become a better cash player. I play SNG`s to build my bankroll and because they`re so easy, not because they are fun. Cash game is more profitable and it takes IMO a lot more skill to master them. As a "former" chess player i am exspecially interested in strategy advice, discussing hands.

- in a short form: I wanna be able to earn a good living out of poker. And if you stack/train me, i am willing to give you your part and even more. Just as appreciation, but also as part of the deal. I worked as a chess coach in the same way (obviously i didn`t have to stake somebody) and today the guy i was coaching is on the same level and i profit from his ideas.
What i want to say is, that i am willing to work hard and study. And there is a good chance that you make way more profit than the 70%...

[I am on a "free year", so i have no school etc and conzentrate on poker. The 35k hands shoudnt be a problem.]

Kibby 01-11-2007 05:46 PM

Experience at all forms of poker:
Biggest Cash- $1200 1st place this spring in a 90 person tourney in aruba.
Small Sample of Small Stakes Sngs ~1.5K ~5% ROI (but I've run bad [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]) (~15% at party)
Small Stakes Limit Hold'em - Break even over the course of a few years (ok, I might be down a bit but that was pre-poker tracker for me). Its what got me into poker and led me to 2+2
Micro Stakes NLHE - I crush those playing on my GFs account when she wants help [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Drunken PLOH/L - I remember being good each time I start. . .
Foxwoods and AC have given me a few hundered playing low stakes LHE
Overall I've been a +EV player for about a year and a half now after finding 2+2 but I'm having difficulty moving out of the low stakes games. I've got the gamble in me but I need the skills.

Most tables you can see yourself playing: Depends on the game. Sngs, I could see doing 15 depending on my setup and have done 9 profitably. I've recently dropped down to 5 or 6 so I can pay more attention to my game. Don't have a good enough grasp on NLHE to do more then 4 right now but believe 9 is doable in the short term with good training.

Current bankroll: $600 with a well paying job that let's me reload if I need to (though I haven't had to in over a year and the Aruba cash went to pay for the trip)

What you expect to get out of this arrangement:

1) Poker knowledge: I love playing this game and the better I become the more I've enjoyed it. I've come to the conclusion that I need some personal attention to improve my game though. I used to want to try and do it on my own and have since swallowed my pride. Working on my game with others makes the game more enjoyable anyways. Its the most challenging intellectual activity I've ever taken on.

2) Financial Independence: I have a job I like but right now I have to have it. I don't want to have to have a job anymore unless I want it. I'd like to improve my game to the point where my online play makes me &gt; 50% of my current income. Also, I'd like to travel to a few major tournements each year including the WSOP.

3) Good Times: I've come to find that I enjoy the 'company' of those that post on this board and chat online. While everyone plays poker for a slightly different reason, one thing is common: We're all trying to improve our games. Taking on that struggle with those in this forum is rewarding beyond the money.

I don't know if anyone on here would vouch for me as I haven't had any financial interaction with anyone or know anyone personally. If this works out then I'm sure we could make arrangements that would insure your risk and/or allow you to have faith in my reporting abilities.

StregaChess 01-11-2007 05:47 PM

Damn I don't qualify in any which way, but to hell with your offer can I hire you to write info commercials for me!

bigdil511 01-11-2007 05:47 PM

I'll take a shot. Offer sounds great, probably won't get it but to anyone that does good stuff.

Experience: I have been playing poker for about 2 years, and my first year of play was much more serious than it is now. Basically I had more money than, and was able to play on party and won a decent amount back than. Dropped off for about 6 months b/c of serious financial troubles (cashed out my BR) at that time I was 4 tabling 33's. My BR right now is a joke b/c I started my own business and just don't have the money to put into it to get it going. I am quite comfortable 6 tabling the 25nl games (but can't afford to). I have had most of my money made from MTT's, have a few final tables from the 33's that party used to run. Don't have stats on my cash or STT's. But basically because I havn't been playing enough I lost of lot of the skill I had. I have read and re-read all the HOH's SS's and Sklansky books. I have been spending a lot of time reading this section lately looking to improve my STT skills but really don't have the money to invest in myself at this point (plus my wife would probably kick me in the head). Basically would just want to get out of it a decent roll where I can get some confidence back and start beating the game regularly again.

costanza_g 01-11-2007 05:56 PM

Experience: Probably closing in on 10k sngs, and around 15k hands of cash in about 2 years time.

# of tables: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Current Bankroll: around 15k I think.

Expectations: To be on my way to X-tabling MS-HSNL to ROBUSTO land!!!. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Edit: hmmm, a more detailed version of my experience can be found here

blackize 01-11-2007 05:59 PM

- Experience at all forms of poker: I started a few years ago much as you did just playing in home games with friends. When I first started I was a pretty big donkey and seemed to be doomed to breaking even. I picked up a few poker books put out by 2+2 and gradually became a winning player in the home games. Then it was off to college where I made a 50 dollar deposit on Stars which I lost within 2 days because I didn't know anything about proper bankroll management. I found 2+2, got a free $50 at Party, and became a winning .5/1 limit player. I built a roll playing limit and began propping shorthanded limit at Absolute. I quickly got bored and wasn't prepared for the huge downswings possible playing so short with so many terribly aggressive players. Shortly after that I found SNGs which I found to be terribly exciting. I didn't really start studying SNGs until a few months later and I became a slight winner. 2 months ago I switched about 50% of my play to cash and have been doing OK 7BB/100 at 25nl and 5BB/100 at 50nl.

- Most tables you can see yourself playing: 12 of cash

- Current bankroll: $1200

- What you expect to get out of this arrangement: I'd really like to better myself as a player. I know I've got a lot to learn and this arrangement could drastically speed up my improvement in cash games.

I think I'd be a good candidate for this venture. I'm a quick learner and willing to put in lots of time studying as well as playing. I can multitable well without much dropoff in focus. I'm a longtime poster in this forum and can be trusted, at the very least AMT and dawade can vouch for me as well as just about anyone else I've traded HHs or talked with(Velocity, Lord Tacohead, Sippin criss). I'm eager to learn and can be trusted in this staking arrangement.

vMario 01-11-2007 06:09 PM

Sorry for off-topic, I really hope u don't mind.

I'm not applying for this offer, however I am trying to find someone with who I can discuss everything related with poker. I'm pretty much new to this, been playing poker for 1 year. Now playing SnG-s ( 1-table ) 6$ ones. Nothing special, but haven't really got huge bankroll for more - but I'm working on it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'm recording almost all the games I play, makes learning easier. Plus I can share those with other people, to get comments - basically to improve my game.

I know that it might sound silly, because I'm not paying for advice or something, but I just wondered - maybe theres a person like that.

Thanks,
Mario V

ManChild 01-11-2007 06:20 PM

Age - 20

Experience in all forms of poker - mainly a STT player, played close to 5k sngs in last 2 and 1/2 months since i switched to stars and concentrated on playing within my bankroll and working on my game, playing the 27s on stars (after moving from mainly 109s on party), plan to move to the 60s at the end of the month. ive also had some success in MTTs, took 2nd place in the Monday night special on Party
won the 40k guarenteed on Party(20+2) with about 2500 players, FTed the same event a few weeks later.

Most tables you can see yourself playing - currently i am 18 tabling SNGs, im not sure if there is any way to directly translate that to a number of cash tables, but i think i could probably 8-10 table cash

Current Bankroll - stars bankroll is 11k, when the party crashed i cashed out about 10k from there and deposited 1k on stars. I also have about 1k on FTP which i dabble in 6max cash with.

What i expect to get from this arrangement - to learn how to play 6max NL cash well and be able to make a solid return at it. I dont mind giving up the time to play cash, or giving up 70% of the winnings, i am basically willing to devote myself to playing with little return in order to learn how to play cash and be able to then move out on my own with my own bankroll for cash and be successful at it

aujoz 01-11-2007 06:28 PM

Please provide:

Experience at all forms of poker: Played just over 2,500 SNGs - mostly at the $11/$22 level, but now at the $55/$109 level on Party. I am on an awesome hot streak, with about 16% ROI at the $55s and $109s.

Before SNGs, I played limit, working my way up from a $50 deposit for .5/1 up to about $1300 and back down to about $500, playing at up to 2/4. Then I tried some NL cash, found that I'd play well before making a mistake for my whole stack - so figured that losing a buyin of a SNG was better than losing a buyin of cash. So I started playing SNGs, and came across here around that time.

I often also play cash live, and seem to be a solid winner there at up to $5/$5 ($200 buyin) at Sydney's Star City Casino, and up to $2/$3 ($200 buyin) at Melbourne's Crown Casino. I think more than anything else that's due to their poor play than my excellence.

I'm also heading down to Melbourne this week to play a couple of satellites and hopefully qualify for the Aussie Millions.

Most tables you can see yourself playing: Currently play 6-12 at Party/Empire, depending on how many SNGs are available. When US players were on there, I was often playing 12.

I use MTH, which is a massive help for multitable play (hence its name, I guess) but I understand it doesn't work across at PS yet.

Current bankroll: $6k

What you expect to get out of this arrangement: Learning how to play cash - add variety and depth to my skill set.

And some questions of my own for myself:

What else do you have to offer: As you might've seen me post in the past, I've got a spare room to rent out in Newcastle/Australia. I'd be happy to host you and/or FutureDoc for a few weeks/months for some intensive training.

Might be a little crowded if you're both here at the same time though....

Medium Term Poker Goal: Save up enough to fund a significant tourist trip across the US.

slimon 01-11-2007 07:05 PM

Experience: I dabbled in cash games at pokerstars and got crushed. I was playing 5 cent 10 cent. Pretty sad I know. Then I switched to two table tournaments at pokerstars and started to build my roll from 50 bucks. I started to 4 table the 1.75 and slowly build it to about 200 bucks. It took me like 1000 games of 1.75 to build my roll. Then I realize there was no future in two table tournaments because it fills up so slow so I moved to single table tournament starting with 6.50's. Then I started to add tables and move up to the 16's. I played probably like 1500 or more 16's and tried to move to the 27's and got crushed. Then I moved to ftp and started playing the 6.50 then moved to the 12's then to the 24's.

Tables: I 12 table the 24's right now and in the future I want be able to beat 5 cent 10 cent cash.

Bankroll: My current bank roll is about 14k.

What I want out of it: I want to 12 table cash games in the future.

morphball 01-11-2007 07:30 PM

Pasterbator - I will fly some day...this is my resume. I do not need to be staked, but my resume is good, yes?

Inyaface 01-11-2007 07:45 PM

coach me?

on second thought we're in a fight because you didnt come to the bahamas. nit.

seriously tho, cool idea, ive talke to pasterbator a bunch about nl and he thinks about the game really well and can articulate those thoughts as well. this would be a really good deal for a lot of you. gl with it.

- bigt

soon2b 01-11-2007 07:46 PM

I just wanna say I love you jason, holla! I dont need to be staked, but teach me to be 400NL for 7ptbb and ill give u something nice? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] &lt;3

lacky 01-11-2007 07:51 PM

middle aged, and climbing [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

- Experience at all forms of poker:

too much. after about the 1.5 mil hand mark it does weird things to your hands. long before that it does weird things to your head.

my best was 10 tabling 6max limit for about 700 hands/hour (see the hand thing above)

- Current bankroll:

rarely enough to prevent worry

nothing, I'm just really bored, so don't pick me.

Pasterbator 01-11-2007 08:20 PM

WOW. Lots of applications.

Well, im gonna leave this up for a day or so to make sure everyone has had an opportunity to see it.

After giving this LOTS of thought, I think i will also start coaching separately. However, i wont start this until i have at least gotten the ball rolling with my first two students.

FWIW, the numbers in the OP are not definitely the numbers i will use, but they will be VERY close. I want to talk this over with a bunch of people to make sure no one is getting screwed in the deal.

Keep the apps coming in. I enjoy reading about everyone's background anyway.

Paul B. 01-11-2007 08:31 PM

Paster, I also like to use sex as an icebreaker. Do I win?

lacky 01-11-2007 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Paster, I also like to use sex as an icebreaker. Do I win?

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't compete with that [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]