Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   just caught some people stealing our dog (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=515524)

Josh. 10-04-2007 12:04 PM

just caught some people stealing our dog

my gf has a little 4 lb chihuahua named moe. we're at my parents' house on long island right now. she lets him out back and i guess got sidetracked. a few minutes later we hear a high pitched screech from the front of the house, which she knew was the sound of someone picking moe up

we run outside and see a minivan peeling away from the house. they made the first turn off my street, which happens to be a court. we ran into the court and pinned the van down. a woman jumped out and starting explaining that she cleans one of the houses in the court, and she was just going to keep him there and return him later. another woman takes moe off a dog bed that was in the van and gives him to us.

we walk back to the house and see the van leave the court. so much for working there. i wish we got their plates but i'm a pretty trusting person and didn't really believe they were stealing him until they left the court. apparently we got lucky and they didn't realize it was a dead end.

this is the only picture of sweet moe that i can find, from when he was a puppy

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6...384944lcn9.jpg

mntbikr15 10-04-2007 12:07 PM

Re: just caught some people stealing our dog

Who would want to steal that thing?

Alobar 10-04-2007 12:10 PM

holy crap dude, Im glad they didnt get away. I would go absolutely psycho if someone tried to steal my dog. I prolly would have punched that lady out (im not joking) and no way in hell would they have driven off after returning it until the cops showed up.

cts 10-04-2007 12:14 PM

jesus what psychos

meleader2 10-04-2007 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
she was just going to keep him there and return him later

[/ QUOTE ]

this makes no sense

[ QUOTE ]
another woman takes moe off a dog bed that was in the van and gives him to us.

[/ QUOTE ]

premeditated?

Bad Beat Maker 10-04-2007 12:15 PM

wtf, beat some ass josh!!!

Josh. 10-04-2007 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
another woman takes moe off a dog bed that was in the van and gives him to us.

[/ QUOTE ]

premeditated?

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah it seems they drive around looking for dogs. we called the cops but i doubt anything will come of it

Mrage 10-04-2007 12:19 PM

For as long as you've been a member of this forum, to still be a trusting person seems pretty naive LOL

Glad you got the dog back. Chihuahuas aren't my thing but I wish them no specific harm.

absoludicrous 10-04-2007 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i wish we got their plates but i'm a pretty trusting person and didn't really believe they were stealing him until they left the court.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you 10? Did you get in the back of the van for that jolly rancher too?

B00T 10-04-2007 12:41 PM

This is a perfect example of a time where it is totally appropriate and acceptable to beat the [censored] out of a woman.

ajmargarine 10-04-2007 12:43 PM

That's a pretty cute puppy IMO.

BuddyQ 10-04-2007 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For as long as you've been a member of this forum, to still be a trusting person seems pretty naive LOL

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT

OP are you the same guy who gives the bum on the corner money because he is 'out of work' and 'hungry', only later to realize you just subsidized a junkie's heroin habit?

jmremote 10-04-2007 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i wish we got their plates but i'm a pretty trusting person and didn't really believe they were stealing him until they left the court.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you 10? Did you get in the back of the van for that jolly rancher too?

[/ QUOTE ]

i loled

Enervate 10-04-2007 12:56 PM

I cannot beleive that OP didnt hit them [censored] biacthes

Josh. 10-04-2007 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
QFT

OP are you the same guy who gives the bum on the corner money because he is 'out of work' and 'hungry', only later to realize you just subsidized a junkie's heroin habit?

[/ QUOTE ]

no but i ask them what kind of food they want and get it for them because i don't deserve it any more than they do. sorry that i still trust that there's some good in people. yeah, i get [censored] sometimes, but i'm sure i have a much more peaceful existence than the cynics in this thread. and i'll admit i'm a little sheltered too

and fwiw my parents live in a very nice neighborhood and the cop we talked to said he hasn't heard of a dog being stolen in his precinct in 10 years. not like they live in the hood

and beyond all that, you all try thinking clearly when something as bizarre as that happens

gobbomom 10-04-2007 12:58 PM

I'm glad you got your dog back Josh.

Gary Stevenson 10-04-2007 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm glad you got your dog back Josh.

[/ QUOTE ]
but next time you should get a big scary dog that no one will try to steal

Dids 10-04-2007 01:02 PM

Animals in cups are the best

NL Newbie 10-04-2007 01:06 PM

Josh - Your outlook on life is good, however this is such a clear BEAT DOWN TIME its unreal.

bigt2k4 10-04-2007 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Animals in cups are the best

[/ QUOTE ]
Dids is nothing in BBV.
Also, wrong forum, cmon mods.

[Phill] 10-04-2007 01:06 PM

A real dog doesnt need guarding.

Snoman13 10-04-2007 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a perfect example of a time where it is totally appropriate and acceptable to beat the [censored] out of a woman.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

gordo16 10-04-2007 01:07 PM

jesus wtf is wrong with people.... how much does a puppy go for in the blackmarket these days?

sharpyetblunt 10-04-2007 01:07 PM

i imagine they must do this a lot, they can probably sell them for quite a bit. Its kinda sad cos they probably wont get caught.

stinkypete 10-04-2007 01:08 PM

joshyjew,

is this a brag or a beat?

JanelleBB7 10-04-2007 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

this is the only picture of sweet moe that i can find, from when he was a puppy

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks god you stopped them before they took her! She is really cute.

fnord_too 10-04-2007 01:10 PM

I am not saying you should or should not have called the cops (I probably would have), but peeling away from the house and that lame story should have told you they were thieving liars. You were probably mildly in shock though, it is so surreal to catch some trying to steal something from you.

BigBiceps 10-04-2007 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A real dog doesnt need guarding.

[/ QUOTE ]

<---

stinkypete 10-04-2007 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it is so surreal to catch some trying to steal something from you.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is more like watching your kid get abducted than watching someone "stealing something" from you

fnord_too 10-04-2007 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it is so surreal to catch some trying to steal something from you.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is more like watching your kid get abducted than watching someone "stealing something" from you

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it is probably a lot different than catching someone stealing your car stereo. I have never caught someone stealing a pet.

Josh. 10-04-2007 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am not saying you should or should not have called the cops (I probably would have), but peeling away from the house and that lame story should have told you they were thieving liars. You were probably mildly in shock though, it is so surreal to catch some trying to steal something from you.

[/ QUOTE ]

she noticed they peeled away. i came from around the back to look for him. she went straight out the front. i never would've realized he was in the van

Josh. 10-04-2007 01:21 PM

and this just a week after i was in a cab that hit a german sheppherd

BuddyQ 10-04-2007 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
http://www.millwalkhouse.co.uk/jog/rabidDog2.jpg http://farm1.static.flickr.com/25/43...27e8c84838.jpg http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/ic...AF8FDB5A7B.jpg

Josh. 10-04-2007 01:25 PM

don't hate, he's pretty vicious with the nibbles

Phatsac 10-04-2007 01:25 PM

it's a clear dog give-back situation.

Nielsio 10-04-2007 01:37 PM

Click mouse lose dog?

I don't get it.

daryn 10-04-2007 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Josh - Your outlook on life is good, however this is such a clear BEAT DOWN TIME its unreal.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree. his outlook is poor. you don't have to be a mean person to have a rational outlook on life.

furyshade 10-04-2007 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jesus wtf is wrong with people.... how much does a puppy go for in the blackmarket these days?

[/ QUOTE ]

it isn't trying to sell it on the black market, its actually a pretty good scam. you steal someones dog, wait for someone to put up reward posters, return the dog a few days later and get the reward then go to a new neighbourhood

Kirbynator 10-04-2007 01:52 PM

lol I'd prob go berserk and choke a bitch IMO

augie_ 10-04-2007 01:53 PM

damn. you really should have gotten the plates. i am 100% sure there are many dog lovers that would do bad things to that car even if they don't know you at all. i honestly would have thrown a brick through the windshield at 4:30 AM that night.