Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   **Official uNL Microbrew Thread: March(LC/NC goes here)** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=343912)

EMc 03-01-2007 02:01 AM

**Official uNL Microbrew Thread: March(LC/NC goes here)**

Well,

Its March. Saint Patties day rules.

Post your crap here.

Gelford 03-01-2007 02:04 AM

Re: **Official uNL Microbrew Thread: March(LC/NC goes here)**

First in .... let's gogogogo .... pwn !!

thac 03-01-2007 02:05 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know:

Don't play nl50 on Pokerstars for the next 7 hours. I'll be running these tables.

Been playing for like 30 minutes and have to stay awake til my bank opens. What better way to do that than a mini-ADHOC?

I'll update at 8 am EST, or before I pass out [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Chicago 03-01-2007 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Don't play nl50 on Pokerstars for the next 7 hours. I'll be running these tables.

Been playing for like 30 minutes and have to stay awake til my bank opens. What better way to do that than a mini-ADHOC?

I'll update at 8 am EST, or before I pass out [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha. Just finished for the night before I saw this. Hey check your PM about your weekend challange. Holla.

On a side note stacking people is fun, fun for everyone except for my opponents. Ok I'm a dork but 50 NL is the new fun for Chicago.

Chicago

Xanta 03-01-2007 02:26 AM

Let the good will of BBV cast good karma unto 2+2ers everywhere. I make a donation to Greenstein's charity if March is a winning month.

kaz2107 03-01-2007 02:57 AM

yayayay for a new month!!! heres to workin harder, runnin better, gettin better and makin lots mo monies [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ajmargarine 03-01-2007 03:00 AM

6th in!

And I want to apologize to uNLers, specifically the NL50 crew on Stars. I'm trying to overcome a very nasty tilt thing I got going on and so played a week of NL50 trying to play through it. I feel a little bit better about things and might move back up to where I normally play.

Shout out to all the guys who said hi at the tables this week. Sorry I made a few of you miserable.

Made a bit over $1k last week. And that money is forever gone from the uNL economy. So, you made less because of me and my tilt, so sorry bout that. But, Kay Sara Seran.

--aj

thac 03-01-2007 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
6th in!

And I want to apologize to uNLers, specifically the NL50 crew on Stars. I'm trying to overcome a very nasty tilt thing I got going on and so played a week of NL50 trying to play through it. I feel a little bit better about things and might move back up to where I normally play.

Shout out to all the guys who said hi at the tables this week. Sorry I made a few of you miserable.

Made a bit over $1k last week. And that money is forever gone from the uNL economy. So, you made less because of me and my tilt, so sorry bout that. But, Kay Sara Seran.

--aj

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit following me around donk. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Archon_Wing 03-01-2007 03:42 AM

Wow betpot script is soo useful. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

SirFelixCat 03-01-2007 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yayayay for a new month!!! heres to workin harder, runnin better, gettin better and makin lots mo monies [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

thac 03-01-2007 04:10 AM

Unconverted, sorry, kinda frustrated...

PokerStars Game #8680549956: Hold'em No Limit ($0.25/$0.50) - 2007/03/01 - 03:07:02 (ET)
Table 'Magdalena' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: dumbhand ($63 in chips)
Seat 2: smellyrat ($57.05 in chips)
Seat 3: TbHackworth ($49.30 in chips)
Seat 4: killerhäsin ($8.75 in chips)
Seat 5: Joe Rogin ($18.70 in chips)
Seat 6: istheboy ($59.40 in chips)
Joe Rogin: posts small blind $0.25
istheboy: posts big blind $0.50
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to TbHackworth [4h 4d]
dumbhand: raises $1.50 to $2
smellyrat: folds
TbHackworth: calls $2
killerhäsin: folds
Joe Rogin: calls $1.75
istheboy: calls $1.50
*** FLOP *** [4s 2h Ts]
Joe Rogin: checks
istheboy: checks
dumbhand: bets $5
TbHackworth: raises $10 to $15
Joe Rogin: raises $1.70 to $16.70 and is all-in
istheboy: raises $40.70 to $57.40 and is all-in
dumbhand: raises $3.60 to $61 and is all-in
TbHackworth said, "..lol wow"
TbHackworth: calls $32.30 and is all-in
*** TURN *** [4s 2h Ts] [7c]
*** RIVER *** [4s 2h Ts 7c] [6d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
istheboy: shows [As Js] (high card Ace)
dumbhand: shows [Tc Th] (three of a kind, Tens)
dumbhand collected $20.20 from side pot-2
TbHackworth: mucks hand
dumbhand collected $91.80 from side pot-1
Joe Rogin: mucks hand
dumbhand collected $71.80 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $186.80 Main pot $71.80. Side pot-1 $91.80. Side pot-2 $20.20. | Rake $3
Board [4s 2h Ts 7c 6d]
Seat 1: dumbhand showed [Tc Th] and won ($183.80) with three of a kind, Tens
Seat 2: smellyrat folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: TbHackworth mucked [4h 4d]
Seat 4: killerhäsin (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Joe Rogin (small blind) mucked [9s Ks]
Seat 6: istheboy (big blind) showed [As Js] and lost with high card Ace

Triggerle 03-01-2007 05:42 AM

I just want to say that after sleeping a good nights sleep I decided to not post any negative stuff in March.

So likely you won't be hearing much from me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Genz 03-01-2007 06:00 AM

February was awfull. Break-even. I can't even nit it up on FR tables, because even my set of Aces gets pwn3d by a gutshot draw.

March started just as awfull: my Macbook Pro died the 4th time and is in repair once again. Next week I got an extremely important meeting with a professor at an university and I can't really prepare myself now anymore. Damn repair takes at least 10 working days. This is so sick. Sickest part: the damn apple hotline: I call their expensive number just to let them tell me, that I need to purchase a one timer apple care-packet. They wouldn't give me ANY advice and actually tell me in my face that I pay to call them just so that they can tell me to pay another 50 euros ($60 or something). This is so [censored] up.

ama0330 03-01-2007 06:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just want to say that after sleeping a good nights sleep I decided to not post any negative stuff in March.

So likely you won't be hearing much from me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive still got your video on my "to look at" list. Last night with the gf and tonight at basketball unfortunately come in first but I will get something back to you eventually.

thac 03-01-2007 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4k hands, set under set three times for stacks, and I'm up 5.5 buyins. This is easy.

ama0330 03-01-2007 07:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

4k hands, set under set three times for stacks, and I'm up 5.5 buyins. This is easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Video ftw?

thac 03-01-2007 07:29 AM

Oh god, that'd suck. I did make one, thread is a few pages back if you haven't seen it yet.

SirFelixCat 03-01-2007 07:43 AM

Let's blow off some steam...

while I realize it's really a BBV post, the kicker is I am an uNL'er...thought this might make some smile is all [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PokerStars Game #8681540536: 5 Card Draw Pot Limit ($2/$4) - 2007/03/01 - 06:17:49 (ET)
Table 'Toutatis' 6-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: Sir FelixCat ($141.60 in chips)
Seat 2: aa727 ($65.40 in chips)
Seat 3: HJKKevin ($108.60 in chips)
Seat 5: Barbosyan ($79.15 in chips)
Seat 6: Legi00na ($234 in chips)
HJKKevin: posts small blind $2
Barbosyan: posts big blind $4
*** DEALING HANDS ***
Dealt to Sir FelixCat [2c 2s 2h 2d Qc]
Legi00na: folds
Sir FelixCat: calls $4
aa727: raises $14 to $18
HJKKevin: folds
Barbosyan: folds
Sir FelixCat: calls $14
Sir FelixCat: discards 1 card [Qc]
Dealt to Sir FelixCat [2c 2s 2h 2d] [3c]
aa727: discards 2 cards
Sir FelixCat: checks
aa727: bets $20
Sir FelixCat: raises $30 to $50
aa727: calls $27.40 and is all-in
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Sir FelixCat: shows [2c 2s 2h 2d 3c] (four of a kind, Deuces)
aa727: mucks hand
Sir FelixCat collected $134.80 from pot
Sir FelixCat said, "dealt it"
aa727 leaves the table
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $136.80 | Rake $2
Seat 1: Sir FelixCat showed [2c 2s 2h 2d 3c] and won ($134.80) with four of a kind, Deuces
Seat 2: aa727 (button) mucked [Jd 6s Ts 6c Jc]
Seat 3: HJKKevin (small blind) folded before the Draw
Seat 5: Barbosyan (big blind) folded before the Draw
Seat 6: Legi00na folded before the Draw (didn't bet)

Never had 4 of a kind in 5-Card Draw before. Much less dealt it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ama0330 03-01-2007 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh god, that'd suck. I did make one, thread is a few pages back if you haven't seen it yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link ftw?

thac 03-01-2007 07:52 AM

Lazy, I'm trying to 8 table and you can't even scroll back pages :P

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VX1O58JK

thac 03-01-2007 08:39 AM

Wheeee! 8 hour session complete. Ship the [censored] monies.

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/5912/nl50mv8.jpg

ama0330 03-01-2007 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Lazy, I'm trying to 8 table and you can't even scroll back pages :P

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VX1O58JK

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Everlong 03-01-2007 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am adoptng your line. Radio silence here too I guess...

Genz 03-01-2007 09:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am adoptng your line. Radio silence here too I guess...

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a very good idea in general. Since I already posted some negative things in this thread, I make them the last for this month. And I assume that it can only get better anyways...

Gelford 03-01-2007 09:13 AM

Yay .... Party bonus offer 25% up to 100$ ... sorry excuse to get out of my poker hiatus (I am sooooooo poker starved)

Two hours of 8 tabling to clear ... I'm rusty, but can't complain ... I LOVE this game !!

Btw, so much time here in uNL has really improved my game ... 2+2 rocks pretty hard [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5...board02co3.jpg

mosuavea 03-01-2007 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
6th in!

--aj

[/ QUOTE ]

Coach me?

I actually might play a little tonight so everyone should watch out on FT at the 50s.

Michael Fish 03-01-2007 09:28 AM

YOWZER YOWZER YOWZER! Here's to a good Feb!!

derosnec 03-01-2007 11:32 AM

why do i do this?

raise with AA pf. two callers.

flop 779. i bet, one caller.
turn is 3. i bet, i get minraised, i push, he has a 7.

maybe it's because i've seen people with have A9, TT+, before, though i doubt they raise the turn.

i'm a moron.

ama0330 03-01-2007 11:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why do i do this?

raise with AA pf. two callers.

flop 779. i bet, one caller.
turn is 3. i bet, i get minraised, i push, he has a 7.

maybe it's because i've seen people with have A9, TT+, before, though i doubt they raise the turn.

i'm a moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Baluga theorem yo

derosnec 03-01-2007 11:35 AM

the first 30 seconds of this video cracks me up:

link

anyone know how to make video into a .gif?

kabouter 03-01-2007 12:02 PM

I'll steal the radio silence idea too. Haven't played any poker the last days (really sick, and had to catch up on some heroes, prison break and lost that I missed [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )

I'll probably play quite a lot this weekend though if I'm feeling better. And will probably play some 200nl live on Sunday for the first time in my life [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

barryc83 03-01-2007 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll steal the radio silence idea too. Haven't played any poker the last days (really sick, and had to catch up on some heroes, prison break and lost that I missed [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )

I'll probably play quite a lot this weekend though if I'm feeling better. And will probably play some 200nl live on Sunday for the first time in my life [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Advice for 200nl live, not that you need it but what the hell.

1) NEVER BLUFF.
2) Play TPTK and overpairs like the nuts for the most part.
3) Set mine, nut peddle.
4) Take people to [censored] valuetown w/ TPGK.

Warteen 03-01-2007 01:06 PM

February was a pretty good month, I think, although I didn't play as much because I was busy. At the end of January I made a big withdrawal to $500 after a $1600 high point followed by a downswing. Now at the end of February, I'm back up to $1400 (after losing some money with RIGGED sportsbetting), so by my math Feb was about a $900 month - not too shabby at the 25NL level. I'm slowly moving up to NL50, getting more comfortable there by playing 1 table of it mixed in with my 3 NL25 tables.

No big goals for March, just play more, make more, and move up to NL50 for good. Oh yeah, and don't do much sportsbetting.... I already shot myself in the foot on that one by buying tournament shares in UCLA... Go Bruins...

RAHZero 03-01-2007 01:13 PM

Well, February started and ended real well... not. Maybe I should just play tourneys, finished up $200 in them despite not playing very many, was down overall at NL cash thanks to a bad downswing at NL $100 to start the month. Have an exam tonight, after that it's back to NL $50 for at least a little while even though my BR is still healthy for NL $100. Gonna try and match Thac and Jonyy's 10k hands this weekend, thinking of doing a 12 hr. mini-ADHOC tomorrow night from like 8 PM EST to 8 AM. Probably will try to get another video up some time this weekend as well. Hopefully March will be a big month.

VPIP100 03-01-2007 01:15 PM

I feel horrible:

I was up 7 buy-ins in 1 session, there was some ultra fish on 1 table and I stacked him 2 times, once he hit middle pair on the turn and payed off my river shove, and one time AK vs AQ PFAI. After another like 60 hands he donked and luckboxed his stack up to 400 BB's. I had 300BB's there and I felt comfortable playing big pots with him.

Then this hand came up. He raised to 4BB UTG, I find 88 and just call, thought about 3-betting, but im not going on with the hand if I don't hit my set, so a few more limpers cant really hurt anyway. 3 people call.

Flop comes KK8, SHIP IT!

I check, and it gets checked around.

Turn is a very blank 2, I check again (wtf?!) and original bettor pots it, I make a somewhat mini-raise (FPS noooo [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]) and he
calls. River is a J, he pots again, I shove (like wtf again?) , he calls with KJ, ship it.

I suck donkeyballs.

Still have a profit of the session tho whehe

Imrahil 03-01-2007 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel horrible:

I was up 7 buy-ins in 1 session, there was some ultra fish on 1 table and I stacked him 2 times, once he hit middle pair on the turn and payed off my river shove, and one time AK vs AQ PFAI. After another like 60 hands he donked and luckboxed his stack up to 400 BB's. I had 300BB's there and I felt comfortable playing big pots with him.

Then this hand came up. He raised to 4BB UTG, I find 88 and just call, thought about 3-betting, but im not going on with the hand if I don't hit my set, so a few more limpers cant really hurt anyway. 3 people call.

Flop comes KK8, SHIP IT!

Turn is a very blank 2, I check again (wtf?!) and original bettor pots it, I make a somewhat mini-raise (FPS noooo [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]) and he
calls. River is a J, he pots again, I shove (like wtf again?) , he calls with KJ, ship it.

I suck donkeyballs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry. He was going to suck out on you no matter what happened. If you had just open pushed the flop he would have called and rivered you anyways.

VPIP100 03-01-2007 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I feel horrible:

Flop comes KK8, SHIP IT!

I suck donkeyballs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry. He was going to suck out on you no matter what happened. If you had just open pushed the flop he would have called and rivered you anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]\

thats what he did whit alot of other people, after that pot he instaleft [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

kabouter 03-01-2007 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1) NEVER BLUFF.
3) Set mine, nut peddle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Might play 3-6 limit instead if the 2-2nl table is full, any advice for limit live?

Imrahil 03-01-2007 02:09 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]When donks play hands bad:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($97.50)
Button ($206.85)
Hero ($134.35)
BB ($109.80)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, BB calls $3.

Flop: ($8) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $10</font>, Hero calls $5.

Turn: ($28) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks.

River: ($28) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets $10</font>, Hero calls $10.

Final Pot: $48

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 9d Kd (flush, king high).
BB has 3h 3s (four of a kind, threes).
Outcome: BB wins $48. </font>

barryc83 03-01-2007 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1) NEVER BLUFF.
3) Set mine, nut peddle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Might play 3-6 limit instead if the 2-2nl table is full, any advice for limit live?

[/ QUOTE ]

3/6 limit live is a [censored] HUGE donkfest. Seriously, this is probably the worst poker playing that you will ever see. I wouldnt even play in it bc you will get sucked out on so bad and it would tilt the hell out of me personally. People call the flop with backdoor draws like its their job. Thats why I like low stakes NL live bc the play is almost as bad, but you get someones whole stack if they really wanna be stupid.