Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Who are the 3 best players to be on HSP? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374678)

Whitewash 04-09-2007 10:15 PM

Who are the 3 best players to be on HSP?

I did the same poll after season 2, curious as to how opinions will change now that Season 3 has just ended.

Who do you believe are the 3 best NL players to play on High Stakes Poker?

By "best", I'll specify: who do you believe would win the most money over the long run, under the format HSP follows? Assume the player base would be the same players from the first 3 seasons, constantly rotating who plays who and in what seats.

Whitewash 04-09-2007 10:26 PM

Re: Who are the 3 best players to be on HSP?

I would personally like to give a shoutout to Deeb, even though he's just an honorable mention for me. The guy made awesome reads on Season 1 and really mixed up his play. Just a little inconclusive for me since he skipped out on Seasons 2 and 3, and we never hear anything about him in the high stakes world lately.

ronitonline 04-09-2007 10:34 PM

Yeah Deeb did play well.

antipeon 04-09-2007 10:50 PM

just fyi there are a few people missing from the poll, farha and negreanu for example.

Whitewash 04-09-2007 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
farha and negreanu are missing from the poll fyi

[/ QUOTE ]

If you were gonna seriously vote for them, then I guess I apologize... but I doubt you were.

Can't make everyone happy, and didn't want to clutter the poll.

whoisthedrizzle 04-09-2007 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just fyi there are a few people missing from the poll, chamanara and stupak for example.

[/ QUOTE ]

JJBuffone 04-09-2007 11:11 PM

Doyle, Greenstein and Forrest got my vote. Antonio impressed me too.

pittplaya 04-09-2007 11:31 PM

Negreanu gets my honorable mention for making the best sandwiches...any takers?...anybody??

Tom1975 04-09-2007 11:42 PM

In my heart of hearts I have to admit Antonio has played pretty well but it's just so hard for me to get past the fact he's a complete tool who thinks he's 50 times cooler than he actually is.

hurtchow 04-10-2007 12:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Doyle, Greenstein and Forrest got my vote. Antonio impressed me too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I voted the same trio. Good on ya, old chap.

23467 04-10-2007 01:04 AM

Why does Ivey get most votes? Yes, he probably is the best cash NL player, but was he anything spectaclure on HSP? No, he wasn't. To me, the solid play of Doyle and Wasicka was most appealing. They weren't very entertaining or amusing, but both player good poker and left as winners.

innerspace 04-10-2007 03:26 AM

Of course it doesn't matter that Ivey wasn't spectaclure on this seasons HSP. As the first message stated, this poll is about long run. I voted for Antonius, Forrest and Greenstein.

Curtrosity 04-10-2007 03:32 AM

i don't like this poll. it should have asked "based on what WE SAW this season on HSP, who played the best?"

Orlando Salazar 04-10-2007 09:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Negreanu gets my h horrible mention for making the crying calls...any takers?...anybody??

[/ QUOTE ]

skillzilla 04-10-2007 10:27 AM

aba, patrik, doyle/ivey

Whitewash 04-10-2007 10:49 AM

I have a feeling that Antonio losing the big pot last night is affecting the number of votes he's getting.

Jurrr 04-10-2007 11:05 AM

patrik, doyle, aba

Dromar 04-10-2007 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a feeling that Antonio losing the big pot last night is affecting the number of votes he's getting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I voted Doyle, Greenstein, and Ivey, but I really wanted to include Deeb, Patrik, and Esfandiari, and Forrest. Tough to just pick 3.

Photoc 04-10-2007 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
just fyi there are a few people missing from the poll, ziedman and buss for example.

[/ QUOTE ]

SZEppi 04-10-2007 01:32 PM

Jamie Gold ftw...

Victor Ramdin, Fred Chamanara get a honorable mention.

lol cashaments

FGators 04-10-2007 01:34 PM

antonius, esfandiari, doyle

Todd 04-10-2007 01:49 PM

PA, Aba, Dolly.

Hundrye 04-10-2007 01:51 PM

Coincidentally I voted on the 3 biggest vote drawers... Antiono,Aba and PA

ronitonline 04-11-2007 02:19 AM

Whoever voted for Wasicka is a true idiot and are so happy that randies can win the WSOP.

ronitonline 04-11-2007 02:20 AM

Well I would have voted for Ivey but I thought that it was implied at who is not only the best, but who played the best on HSP.

Thats why I put antonious, aba, and greenstien, or else Ivey would have prob replaced one of them.

GTL 04-11-2007 02:51 AM

i voted for antonious, townsend, and ivey. i really love voting for those controversial guys.

The B 04-11-2007 11:42 AM

D Alaei was impressive, reads weakness very well

nothing for William"Bill" Chen

Bet-and-win88 04-11-2007 11:52 AM

PA, Ivey and Esfandiari who made great plays in season III.

ocdscale 04-11-2007 11:56 AM

PA and Esfandiari easily top 2.
Voted Ivey as third for filler, in hindsight would have gone with Greenstein.

JPFisher55 04-11-2007 12:34 PM

DN, Farha and Doyle. I enjoy watching them more than the rest.

restrikt 04-11-2007 01:08 PM

brian, patrik and ivey, and it's not even close...

no one else on that show is in the same league as these 3 when it comes to NLHE cash.

relayerdave 04-11-2007 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
brian, patrik and ivey, and it's not even close...

no one else on that show is in the same league as these 3 when it comes to NLHE cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, I just don't get this at all. If someone could direct me to something I could watch/read/look at that would justify the fawning that PA gets on this site, I'd appreciate it. He has shown absolutely nothing to deserve the level of rock star worship he gets here.

And sure, sbrugby is a fine player, but what has he done on HSP that suggests he's something overly special?

Full disclosure: I voted Doyle, Ivey and Wasicka...

Jourdain 04-11-2007 02:03 PM

Doyle was the king, PA and Ivey end somewhere in the same league as Ramdin & Co.

Dan Harmetz was even better.

ardubz 04-11-2007 02:08 PM

I really can't understand how PA has the most votes. I have nothing against him, but come on... he's hetero, guys.

How many hands did he even play? What was his win %, and more importantly, what superstar plays did he make? What makes him so special?

krupa- 04-11-2007 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry, I just don't get this at all. If someone could direct me to something I could watch/read/look at that would justify the fawning that PA gets on this site, I'd appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://top2bottom.net/PatrikAntonius.jpg

Rottersod 04-11-2007 02:42 PM

You guys are so funny (read pathetic) with your constant fawning (read sucking a$$) over Brian. I know he's a member here and we all have to support 2+2ers but jeez, could some of you at least be a little bit honest in these polls and posts? Up against the rest of the players listed in this poll Brian would not be a good choice to make the most money in a cash game. Up against other players then sure but that's not what this poll asked.

krupa- 04-11-2007 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys are so funny (read pathetic) with your constant fawning (read sucking a$$) over Brian. I know he's a member here and we all have to support 2+2ers but jeez, could some of you at least be a little bit honest in these polls and posts? Up against the rest of the players listed in this poll Brian would not be a good choice to make the most money in a cash game. Up against other players then sure but that's not what this poll asked.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?
Are you leveling?

Self Made 04-11-2007 03:17 PM

How Barry places fifth I don't understand... except that people don't know much about the poker world. Last I knew he was still the biggest winner in the biggest game in the world.

Turn Prophet 04-11-2007 04:26 PM

From what we saw this season, I was most impressed by Paul Wasicka, Brian Townsend, and Antonio Esfandiari (Yukon deserves at least an honorable mention, though he was in very few hands). Are they the three best players? Probably not, but from what we were shown, I was most impressed with their plays overall... I've probably been more impressed over all three seasons by Antonio than any other player.

BigSoonerFan 04-11-2007 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How Barry places fifth I don't understand... except that people don't know much about the poker world. Last I knew he was still the biggest winner in the biggest game in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fwiw, this poll isn't about the biggest game in the world (which is a mixed limit game with capped NL holdem), while HSP is NLH.