Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   BBV4Life (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   BBV - Careeraments (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=338754)

Fast Food Knight 02-22-2007 06:39 PM

BBV - Careeraments

Brag: Got a promotion today, for a badass job![img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Beat: Still not making as much money as I did at the last company I worked for[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Variance: Negotiated my salary with the hiring manager over Sametime (Instant Messenger) wtf?[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

A little while back I posted a thread on tips for internal interviews. So here's my update: I got the job! Yay for optimizing Coca-Cola's distribution system.

[censored] 02-22-2007 06:40 PM

Re: BBV - Careeraments

this is very sad

CrazyEyez 02-22-2007 06:42 PM

Good times.

dknightx 02-22-2007 06:42 PM

(insert complaint about preferential treatment)

AceHiStation 02-22-2007 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A little while back I posted a thread on tips for internal interviews.

[/ QUOTE ]

Link please?

tabako 02-22-2007 09:54 PM

Are you in anyway responsible for the recent 20% increase in coca-cola prices on campus (Madison, Wisconsin)?

cbloom 02-22-2007 10:33 PM

FFK, does it bother that you could make 10X more by selling nudie pictures to 2+2ers ?

TheBlueMonster 02-22-2007 10:35 PM

what happened to the "no lame BBV jokes in OOT" rule? Even girls have to follow the rules... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Shadowrun 02-22-2007 10:41 PM

doesnt it bother you that your company is evil and ruining india?

onthebutton 02-22-2007 10:57 PM

[quote Even girls have to follow the rules... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wrong and you know it. Especially when they're cute.

7ontheline 02-22-2007 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

??? Explain? The ruining India part, not the evil part.

Fast Food Knight 02-22-2007 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what happened to the "no lame BBV jokes in OOT" rule? Even girls have to follow the rules... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I wasn't trying to make lame jokes. Just happy.

OP is here

Shadowrun 02-22-2007 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

??? Explain? The ruining India part, not the evil part.

[/ QUOTE ]

oca-Cola is in trouble in India. Ever since the first allegations arose in Kerala, India, of water scarcity and polluted water resulting from its bottling operations, Coca-Cola's public relations department has churned out denials, insisting that the charges are false and that it is the "target of a handful of extremist protesters."

Coca-Cola's global website carries their position on the issue and claims that the "local communities have welcomed our business as a good corporate neighbor."

Nothing could be further from the truth.

It is time for Coca-Cola to seriously examine and address the adverse impacts of its operations in India. In fact, Coca-Cola needs to stop treating the issues in India as a public relations problem and assign it to the appropriate department that will genuinely address the issues of over-exploitation of water (leaving the community with scarce water resources) and pollution of water sources as a result of its operations. Hindustan Coca-Cola and Bharat Coca-Cola are the Indian subsidiaries of Coca-Cola.

P.S. Kids tried to kick out coke in my campus, and passed out this info. They also said that you cant get coke from india to the USA because it doesnt meet minimum FDA approval.

CharlieDontSurf 02-22-2007 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I wasn't trying to make lame jokes. Just happy.

OP is here

[/ QUOTE ]

hopefully i'll bump into u in a elevator sumtime.

The X-Factor 02-22-2007 11:27 PM

FFK,

How about you and I become AIM buddies?

X

Fast Food Knight 02-23-2007 08:37 AM

As far as the stuff in India goes, I should clarify that the Coca Cola Company owns the rights to the syrup (and it's secret recipe) and handles advertising and marketing. As for bottling and distribution, that is done by separate companies (not "subsidiaries", although Coca Cola Company does own the majority of our stock, not sure about the bottlers in India). This bottling process involves diluting the syrup with water and includes lots of opportunity for quality issues. Optimally, Coca Cola would prefer that this be done by one big company, but at this point there are many bottlers. The advantage for Coke to not handle the bottling and distribution is that it takes a large amount of the debt off their books.

I work for the world's largest bottler of Coke, Coca-Cola Enterprises. We cover the majority of North America and a lot of Europe. This means we have exclusive rights to bottle and distribute our products in these areas. Therefore, the bottler(s) in India may have (and probably did) used different practices from bottlers in other nations. Coke has established strict guidelines for standardizing bottling operations across the world. At this point I don't know how far these have penetrated. So, it could be argued that this "destruction" and "ruination" is the fault of crappy bottling practices in India by Indians, trying to make an easy buck by exploiting the universal love of Coca-Cola's brands. But if emo college kids want a cause to fight for, then go ahead and boycott Coke. Whatever floats your boat.

Anyway, I was unaware of the hysteria regarding mimmicking BBV. My post was not meant to be a "joke" or "lame", just a structure for letting you guys know about my happy news, that I thought some people would be glad to hear. I didn't mean to offend anyone or get preferential treatment. I will never let it happen again.

Yeti 02-23-2007 10:09 AM

FFK,

Do you get free Coke?

samjjones 02-23-2007 10:22 AM

Moving to BBV

HoneyBadger 02-23-2007 10:46 AM

Haha, I was in india when that whole thing was going on. Say bye-bye to 1 billion customers lol, what a disaster.

Georgia Avenue 02-23-2007 10:47 AM

Yay! FFK for mod.