Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   guess what villian called with LOL (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=320200)

DaCooler 01-31-2007 04:46 PM

guess what villian called with LOL

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $459.73
UTG+1: $344
Hero: $775.90
Button: $244.35
SB: $392
BB: $359.05

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $8</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($27, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $15</font>, Hero calls, Button folds.

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($57, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($57, 2 players)
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $40</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Results:
Final pot: $137
<font color="#ffffff">Hero Shows 9s As</font>

mooney 01-31-2007 04:51 PM

Re: guess what villian called with LOL

55?

DaCooler 01-31-2007 04:55 PM

no no, way to much credit

Perseus 01-31-2007 04:56 PM

Give a read.

Fold preflop, raise flop, bet turn, shove river.

Mr_Donktastic 01-31-2007 04:58 PM

gezuz 01-31-2007 05:03 PM

ummm is this a strat post?

DaCooler 01-31-2007 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Give a read.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate it when people write garbage like this, yes a raise preflop is fine, but ive done it 3 or 4 times to him already and im not going to get involved in a big pot with A9, calling in position is also FINE. Raise flop, sure that fine also, so is calling IN POSITION, betting the turn is good if he has a hand, i read that he didnt

Duck Rabbit 01-31-2007 05:09 PM

Why in the world did you check the turn?

DaCooler 01-31-2007 05:10 PM

first lets think about what he can beat here, he lost to spades, 97 got there, 57 hit a pair, a pair of 6s is possible as is a mid pair.

gimmetheloot 01-31-2007 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Give a read.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate it when people write garbage like this, yes a raise preflop is fine, but ive done it 3 or 4 times to him already and im not going to get involved in a big pot with A9, calling in position is also FINE. Raise flop, sure that fine also, so is calling IN POSITION, betting the turn is good if he has a hand, i read that he didnt

[/ QUOTE ]

this man is a [censored].

DaCooler 01-31-2007 05:12 PM

Me? or the give a read guy

beardedwhale 01-31-2007 05:13 PM

Fold or raise preflop. Bet turn.

delta k 01-31-2007 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ummm is this post worthless?

[/ QUOTE ]

DaCooler 01-31-2007 05:14 PM

I dont really get why its so bad to call on the button with hands like this..

SupremeIceBeam 01-31-2007 05:19 PM

A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

carnivalhobo 01-31-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont really get why its so bad to call on the button with hands like this..

[/ QUOTE ]

this might be a problem.

the hand is easily and often dominated, you arent going to get a lot of action when you spike an ace if they have some type of smaller pair, you are basically praying to flop huge unless you are often making moves postflop. There is no real merit to making this call preflop IMO and i doubt it would show positive expectation in the long run.

DaCooler 01-31-2007 05:21 PM

A10 offsuit LOL, what in the world could he possibly believe hes beating?? i actually thought he was decent this changed my mind

Abramovic 01-31-2007 05:22 PM

Well despite his crap post flop play, he had you dominated preflop, which is why people are saying fold or raise preflop.

Perseus 01-31-2007 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well despite his crap post flop play, he had you dominated preflop, which is why people are saying fold or raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

ty...and this is why the games will never be completely dead, and why i would take my chances at a table full of "2+2ers"

DaCooler 01-31-2007 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Understand this completely, but the guy in postion on these types of hands also wins most of the time, i guess im just not to the point yet where i feel comfortable 3 betting here and also dont like folding it in position...

BarryLyndon 01-31-2007 05:32 PM

Fold preflop, I guess, unless you have a read at the table (you have not provided on).

You guys are so deep that I can't see how reraising this flop isn't the most optimal play.

Perseus 01-31-2007 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Understand this completely, but the guy in postion on these types of hands also wins most of the time, i guess im just not to the point yet where i feel comfortable 3 betting here and also dont like folding it in position...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, but unless you have a specific read (which you didn't originally give), i think it is never correct here to 3-bet A9s in this spot. I disagree completely with others that think so.

carnivalhobo 01-31-2007 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont see how you think position is going to help you out a lot in these hands unless you are floating and bluffraising a lot of flops. I would rather have a small pair or a suited connector in this spot, FWIW i dont like 3betting here either, i think folding is clearly the best play.

ZingyDNA 01-31-2007 05:33 PM

You guys realize the PFR has 170 bbs and we cover him, right? Calling in position is not bad at all.

Abramovic 01-31-2007 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You guys realize the PFR has 170 bbs and we cover him, right? Calling in position is not bad at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didnt notice that, but you make a strong case.

carnivalhobo 01-31-2007 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

people use this as an excuse all the time. i want a better read like PFR is a calling station who will stack off for those 170bbs if i make a hand. Otherwise playing marginal hands EVEN in position against a decent player isnt going to be profitable. What im getting at is for the deepstacks to matter at all we have to be sure we play better than the PFR and are willing to make some plays for pots. calling with any suited crap just because stacks are deep is a good way to make sure your stack gets back to 100bb real quick. I have no problem with calling or repoping here with either better aces or pairs/sc's i just think this particular hand is crap.

Also, if one of the blinds or the button is a station that you want to play pots with, then is would be a decent argument as well.

allaboutmyfetti 01-31-2007 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it's ususally the person who has the continued aggression from PF who wins these pots most of the time ... unless as CV said you are doing a lot of floating / bluffraising.

Perseus 01-31-2007 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh well if we cover him then I totally see how 3-betting a UTG+1 from the CO with a dominated hand preflop is the correct play.

DaCooler 01-31-2007 05:41 PM

i float a fair bit against the right people

Casper05 01-31-2007 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is why the games will never be completely dead, and why i would take my chances at a table full of "2+2ers"

[/ QUOTE ]

BalugaWhale 01-31-2007 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL

BalugaWhale 01-31-2007 05:48 PM

also calling pf is fine and so is calling flop occassionally though i'd usually raise, but the turn you must gogogogogogogogogo

wslee00 01-31-2007 05:52 PM

ok - so what the hell did he have? And did you post this for strat value at all?

dd323 01-31-2007 06:03 PM

This thread sucks, and villians play was horendous, but wtf is with bashing someone for playing a great multi-way hand in a limped pot. This is a hand, in a passive game, that you can profitably limp from early position. A9s makes some really nice drawing hands, and is a 9 is an above average kicker in a limped pot.

Abramovic 01-31-2007 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread sucks, and villians play was horendous, but wtf is with bashing someone for playing a great multi-way hand in a limped pot. This is a hand, in a passive game, that you can profitably limp from early position. A9s makes some really nice drawing hands, and is a 9 is an above average kicker in a limped pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a raised pot.