Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's up with blue collar workers looking like homeless bums? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=483293)

LocustHorde 08-21-2007 08:17 PM

What\'s up with blue collar workers looking like homeless bums?

And it's not because they can't afford a haircut or new threads either. Some of those guys make more than professional types, yet have mangled beards, mullets, and dirty hair that look like it hasn't been washed in months!!!

Is it symbolic and they're sticking it to the 'man'? Or are they mostly too lazy to care because they're out of shape and leather-faced?

It seems that these guys have three passions in life: fishing, hunting, and drinking beer till they pass out..

kidcolin 08-21-2007 08:23 PM

Re: What\'s up with blue collar workers looking like homeless bums?

and what's up with black guys being all gangsta and shi'

Autocratic 08-21-2007 08:30 PM

Not everyone needs to whore themselves out to the man.

wmonfor 08-21-2007 08:35 PM

this thread delivers.

demon102 08-21-2007 08:39 PM

more then likely weed and alchohol as well as other drugs play a major role in this whole deal, and last but not least low self esteem, so the next time u see one of these poor bastards...... give em a hug and lighten up there day

Los Feliz Slim 08-21-2007 08:39 PM

I would much rather OP's like this get nuked instead of "where should I eat in Boston?" etc etc etc.

Borodog 08-21-2007 08:41 PM

If you are really this upset that your plumber doesn't take better care of himself for you, perhaps you should admit you have teh ghey.

guids 08-21-2007 08:45 PM

have you ever done any real work on a car? or a days construction? what do you want them to do take a shower every hour?

Klompy 08-21-2007 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems that these guys have three passions in life: fishing, hunting, and drinking beer till they pass out..

[/ QUOTE ]

Oddly I enjoy all three of these things a lot. OP, go back to california.

LocustHorde 08-21-2007 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are really this upset that your plumber doesn't take better care of himself for you, perhaps you should admit you have teh ghey.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not refering to plumbers who come to your house and fix the leaky toilet. Most of those guys have grooming standards to abide by. I'm talking about longshore workers, pipe fitters, iron workers, welders, loggers, etc.
Espcially longshore workers. They average 100k+ and a lot of them look like they came out of a homeless shelter

TheDudeAbides 08-21-2007 08:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not refering to plumbers who come to your house and fix the leaky toilet. Most of those guys have grooming standards to abide by. I'm talking about longshore workers, pipe fitters, iron workers, welders, loggers, etc..

[/ QUOTE ]

So you expect lumberjacks to wear three-piece suits? What the [censored] is a logger supposed to wear? I don't get this OP at all.

KotOD 08-21-2007 08:53 PM

This seems like a lounge post.

Borodog 08-21-2007 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not refering to plumbers who come to your house and fix the leaky toilet. Most of those guys have grooming standards to abide by. I'm talking about longshore workers, pipe fitters, iron workers, welders, loggers, etc.
Espcially longshore workers. They average 100k+ and a lot of them look like they came out of a homeless shelter

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are really this upset that your longshoreman/pipe fitter/iron worker/welder/logger doesn't take better care of himself for you, perhaps you should admit you have teh ghey.

kidcolin 08-21-2007 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So you expect lumberjacks to wear three-piece suits? What the [censored] is a logger supposed to wear? I don't get this OP at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to my pops who was a lumberjack in Maine, two layers of long underwear. Boots, jeans. Hat. And of course plaid flannel shirt.

OP,

If you actually busted your hump for 40 hours a week instead of posting on 2p2 from the comfort of your office, you'd probably care a whole lot less about your appearance, too. And your OP is beyond retarded.

BigPoppa 08-21-2007 09:08 PM

I used to cut down trees for a living. Worked in the hot [censored] Sun all day, usually high as a kite. Of course, I looked like crap when I was done. Am I going to put on a [censored] suit to go out and have a few beers? [censored] no. I'd take a shower and throw on some reasonably clean jeans (not everyone has Mommy to do our laundry). Sometimes I'd go straight from work and still be covered in sweat and sawdust. So the [censored] what?

BTW: Your girlfriend dug my biceps.

LocustHorde 08-21-2007 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
have you ever done any real work on a car? or a days construction? what do you want them to do take a shower every hour?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I've done real work on a car. Changed the oil, installed a new starter, installed a radiator. Heck I even changed the battery a few times!!

As far as doing construction work goes, I did exactly one day of stud framing. It wasn't really my cup of tea..

2/325Falcon 08-21-2007 09:12 PM

OP,

Sorry to be the one to tell you this, but that construction worker from the Village People wasn't really a construction worker.

Borodog 08-21-2007 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I've done real work on a car. Changed the oil, installed a new starter, installed a radiator. Heck I even changed the battery a few times!!

As far as doing construction work goes, I did exactly one day of stud framing. It wasn't really my cup of tea..

[/ QUOTE ]

Every post you make in this thread gets gayer dude.

pepper123 08-21-2007 09:30 PM

can we get a button next to notify mod. it can be a picture of ash ketchum and be "notify tuq" and then tuq will take the thread away to the lounge.

LonesomeFugitive 08-21-2007 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I seriously doubt that. You are only saying that to cover up for this awful mess of a thread you made. You sound like an average california metrosexual.

get out of this forum and never come back.

NoPoHustler 08-21-2007 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well take it from a former Ironworker, YOU GET [censored] DIRTY DOING CONSTRUCTION OR ANY OTHER MANUAL LABOR JOB! It is unavoidable. Now outside of work I dressed as balla as possible but at work forget it. Have you ever worked in the mud/rain for 10hrs a day for months during the winter? Pretty easy to understand?!?!?!

Borodog 08-21-2007 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well take it from a former Ironworker, YOU GET [censored] DIRTY DOING CONSTRUCTION OR ANY OTHER MANUAL LABOR JOB! It is unavoidable. Now outside of work I dressed as balla as possible but at work forget it. Have you ever worked in the mud/rain for 10hrs a day for months during the winter? Pretty easy to understand?!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

He's already made it clear that he understands getting dirty, but can't you barbarians at least get a decent manicure? And would some styling gel KILL you neanderthals?

Sheesh.

Klompy 08-21-2007 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You sound like an average california metrosexual.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad someone else picked up on the California feel of this post.

kidcolin 08-21-2007 10:58 PM

considering her location is qwest field, she's probably in seattle. Same difference.

Klompy 08-21-2007 11:04 PM

The coasts in general suck in terms of judging normal people. Seattle makes sense as most people there wouldn't understand that people actually have to work IRL to pay the rent. I've worked a few blue collared jobs before and wouldn't ever change before going to a bar or picking up groceries. Who cares?

kidcolin 08-21-2007 11:14 PM

Klomp,

There are a [censored] ton of blue collar workers on the east coast.

ThaSaltCracka 08-21-2007 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The coasts in general suck in terms of judging normal people. Seattle makes sense as most people there wouldn't understand that people actually have to work IRL to pay the rent. I've worked a few blue collared jobs before and wouldn't ever change before going to a bar or picking up groceries. Who cares?

[/ QUOTE ]haha, for real. There isn't [censored] for blue collar jobs in Seattle!

OP, you sound really ass clownish. Those guys make the amount of money they do because they work in [censored], rough environments doing, in many cases a dangerous or skilled job.

NT! 08-21-2007 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This seems like a lounge post.

[/ QUOTE ]

OP, my instructions from the powers that be are to tell you that, if you don't like what I'm about to do, you can go post in the Lounge or the Travel forum or something.

Now go [censored] yourself and eat a bowl of dicks you uppity [censored] pencil pushing trust fund baby.

* etc etc

Klompy 08-21-2007 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Klomp,

There are a [censored] ton of blue collar workers on the east coast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv, but my guess is that the average poster on here from the east cost isn't exactly in touch with the working man.