Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Blackwater incident in Iraq (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=534457)

MidGe 10-30-2007 07:27 AM

Blackwater incident in Iraq

he State Department promised Blackwater USA bodyguards immunity from prosecution in its investigation of last month's deadly shooting of 17 Iraqi civilians, CBS News has learned.

Link

ORLY. The US handling of the Iraq war never ceases to amaze me.

wtfsvi 10-30-2007 07:30 AM

Re: Blackwater incident in Iraq

The state messes up? Must be because Americans are evil imo.

EvanJC 10-30-2007 07:37 AM

http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/7...rgsmallsj5.jpg

MidGe 10-30-2007 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The state messes up? Must be because Americans are evil imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think the great majority of US citizens are evil, far from it. I am certain that the current administration, the president, vice-president, and a few of their croonies are liars (proven without doubts) and have indeed what ought to be termed evil intentions and objectives.

In fact, given their history, I'd say that the world is waiting for this great democracy to do the right thing. I can't wait for the result of the next elections.

wtfsvi 10-30-2007 07:48 AM

I think almost everyone in this forum agrees with you that the current government is bad. I guess a couple don't. But that the current government is bad does not mean that Hillary Clinton would be good.

MidGe 10-30-2007 07:54 AM

Agreed, from where I stand Obama would be the quality choice, but anything but the republicans, especially those that have a closer association with the current administration, would be a better choice. Time for a change in the US ol' politics [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

canis582 10-30-2007 09:09 AM

Wonderful example of american exceptionalism. What would happen if Iraqi security guards shot up Pittsburgh?

Hell, 6 frat kids die its a huge story, 20 some Iraqis are murdered by cowboys and noone cares.

mjkidd 10-30-2007 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hell, 6 frat kids die its a huge story, 20 some Iraqis are murdered by cowboys and noone cares.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, there has hardly been anything in the news about this at all....

tomdemaine 10-30-2007 09:16 AM

But bad people keep getting elected how can it be that the majority are good? You've got two options. Either everyone is evil and they like electing bad people or most people are good but the evil ones can use the power of the state to enact their evil. The answer isn't to put different people in charge and pray that their not going to be evil (when all historical evidence shows they will be) it's to stop putting people in charge full stop!

synth_floyd 10-30-2007 09:52 AM

I thought it's the Iraqi's country, but apparently we're just the imperial occupiers saying that our people are better than theirs. The whole Blackwater situation is insane.

Orlando Salazar 10-30-2007 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I thought it's the Iraqi's country, but apparently we're just the imperial occupiers saying that our people are better than theirs. The whole Blackwater situation is insane.

[/ QUOTE ]
i hate bush and dont understand the war. but u dont really know what happened in the blackwater incident, neither do I.

canis582 10-30-2007 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Their friends' news conferences weren't aired live on all the cable networks. Its a difference in content of coverage.

TomCollins 10-30-2007 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Their friends' news conferences weren't aired live on all the cable networks. Its a difference in content of coverage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Canis- which is more likely to get a headline-

Dog bites Man
Man bites Dog

kurto 10-30-2007 10:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But bad people keep getting elected how can it be that the majority are good? You've got two options. Either everyone is evil and they like electing bad people or most people are good but the evil ones can use the power of the state to enact their evil. The answer isn't to put different people in charge and pray that their not going to be evil (when all historical evidence shows they will be) it's to stop putting people in charge full stop!

[/ QUOTE ]

What about most of the people who elect others are idiots? If you promise to do something about the gays getting married, they'll vote for you. With an electorate that focuses on important things like gay marriage, flag burning amendments and such, is it any wonder we get the kinds of governments we do?

(side note- I would add that, the above represents a significant amount of active voters, but most people are just disinterested, apathetic and don't know or care what's going on. American Idol is much more interesting.)

This is not a people who are going to work to make things better.

tomdemaine 10-30-2007 11:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What about most of the people who elect others are idiots? If you promise to do something about the gays getting married, they'll vote for you. With an electorate that focuses on important things like gay marriage, flag burning amendments and such, is it any wonder we get the kinds of governments we do?

(side note- I would add that, the above represents a significant amount of active voters, but most people are just disinterested, apathetic and don't know or care what's going on. American Idol is much more interesting.)

This is not a people who are going to work to make things better.

[/ QUOTE ]

So why advocate a power structure (democracy) that actively encourages apathy? You only vote once every 5 years, there's no real, choice all politicians are the same. Why would people be interested in the process when their views are never listened to?

kurto 10-30-2007 12:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So why advocate a power structure (democracy) that actively encourages apathy? You only vote once every 5 years, there's no real, choice all politicians are the same. Why would people be interested in the process when their views are never listened to?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're asking the wrong guy. I'm disillusioned and don't have any confidence that things will get better. I believe our political system has decayed and is spiraling downward.

I don't know how long it will take, but there will have to be revolution one day if things are to improve. Not taht I see any signs of that happening....

Money2Burn 10-30-2007 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about most of the people who elect others are idiots?

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed.

Jamougha 10-30-2007 01:08 PM

tom,

there are many different democratic systems. The US has, IMO, one of the least desirable. Parliamentary, proportional systems seem much more effective.

W brad 10-30-2007 01:20 PM

Why should we care about 17 random people in a world of 6 billion people?

Meanwhile...

Scientists KILL the oldest known living animal on earth

Now, that is important. One record setting animal certainly trumps a few dozen people any day, don't you think?

And this is what one of the scientists said: "Its death is an unfortunate aspect of this work"

That line could work for Blackwater too, no?

Borodog 10-30-2007 01:24 PM

Oh, the clamanity.

Barretboy 10-30-2007 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, the clamanity.

[/ QUOTE ]

A+

pvn 10-30-2007 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh, the clamanity.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://bksschoolhouse.com/cart-imgs/prod13608_lg.jpg

Borodog 10-30-2007 02:26 PM

pvn

I don't get your new avatar. Splain?

BCPVP 10-30-2007 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pvn

[/ QUOTE ]
You're probably too old to get it, gramps. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Ineedaride2 10-30-2007 02:35 PM

Maybe they'll get immunity, maybe they won't.

I certainly won't be surprised if they get immunity, and we never hear much about this again. However, right now it appears that things are not set in stone.

[ QUOTE ]
One of the senior State Department officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of a lack of authorization to speak on the matter, said the department's Diplomatic Security branch does not have the right or ability to offer blanket immunity and did not do anything that would inhibit prosecutors if charges are to be pursued.

"We want to see anyone who violated laws or broke rules held accountable," the official said. "Nothing that was done prevents anyone from being prosecuted if they broke the law.

[/ QUOTE ]

Borodog 10-30-2007 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pvn

[/ QUOTE ]
You're probably too old to get it, gramps. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You whippersnappers have no respect for your elders. Why in my day, when we wore an onion on our belt, as was the fashion at the time, uh . . . what were we talking about again?

pvn 10-30-2007 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
pvn

[/ QUOTE ]

Nick Saban = badass

+

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadouken

Borodog 10-30-2007 02:58 PM

That is like gay squared.

lozen 10-30-2007 04:02 PM

I am gainst the war and bush but heck there more private guys there than military. You gotta expect they will kill the odd civilain also.

I am very curious what the democrats will do with Iraq

Case Closed 10-30-2007 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am gainst the war and bush but heck there more private guys there than military. You gotta expect they will kill the odd civilain also.

I am very curious what the democrats will do with Iraq

[/ QUOTE ]
The democrats will get their person in power and spend 8 years "cleaning" up the mess of the republicans. They will say they need more seats in congress to get out of this war and people will oblige.

pvn 10-30-2007 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That is like gay squared.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://stevensonblog.tuscaloosanews....sp?item=668440

2/325Falcon 10-30-2007 09:15 PM

I'd like to know what the Iraqi cops and soldiers were firing at as well.

bills217 10-30-2007 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am certain that the current administration, the president, vice-president, and a few of their croonies are liars (proven without doubts) and have indeed what ought to be termed evil intentions and objectives.

[/ QUOTE ]

MidGe,

Bush's capacity for evil knows no bounds.

Sports Marketer Files Lawsuit Against Bush, Family

<font color="white"> GOTCHA </font>

highlife 10-31-2007 12:46 AM

great, another example of private contractors getting immensely better treatment than our own military servicemen and women.