Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Writing Squeeze in the chat, do u think it's against the rules? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=511096)

skibbel 09-28-2007 04:29 AM

Writing Squeeze in the chat, do u think it\'s against the rules?

PokerStars Game #12295927047: Hold'em No Limit ($0.50/$1.00) - 2007/09/27 -
06:38:53 (ET)
Table 'Eleutheria' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: vanDahl ($133.60 in chips)
Seat 2: skibbel ($212.70 in chips)
Seat 3: acalld ($106.60 in chips)
Seat 4: kissbert ($99 in chips)
Seat 5: clintbygget ($104.50 in chips)
Seat 6: daniel5r ($57.40 in chips)
kissbert: posts small blind $0.50
clintbygget: posts big blind $1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to skibbel [Ks Ts]
daniel5r: folds
vanDahl: folds
skibbel: raises $3 to $4
acalld: calls $4
kissbert: calls $3.50
clintbygget: raises $16 to $20
skibbel: folds
skibbel said, "sqqqqquuueezeee"
acalld: folds
kissbert: raises $79 to $99 and is all-in
clintbygget: calls $79
*** FLOP *** [Kh 7c Ad]
*** TURN *** [Kh 7c Ad] [2h]
*** RIVER *** [Kh 7c Ad 2h] [Jd]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
kissbert: shows [Qc Ah] (a pair of Aces)
clintbygget: mucks hand
kissbert collected $203 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $206 | Rake $3
Board [Kh 7c Ad 2h Jd]
Seat 1: vanDahl folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: skibbel folded before Flop
Seat 3: acalld (button) folded before Flop
Seat 4: kissbert (small blind) showed [Qc Ah] and won ($203) with a pair of Aces
Seat 5: clintbygget (big blind) mucked [Td Kc]
Seat 6: daniel5r folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Do u think my behaviour collide's with this rule?
"In cash games only, players still in a hand may chat about what cards
they claim to hold. This is coffee-housing, which is common in poker.
However, players (in the hand or not) may not coach or otherwise
suggest how another player should play his hand. For example, it is
okay to say You should call; I'm bluffing. It is not okay to say, You
should call; He's bluffing"

Rek 09-28-2007 04:31 AM

Re: Writing Squeeze in the chat, do u think it\'s against the rules?

of course it is against the rules

ipp147 09-28-2007 04:54 AM

not sure about the rules. does make you a [censored] though.

Alobar 09-28-2007 05:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fatshaft 09-28-2007 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

kypreanus 09-28-2007 05:33 AM

If it's your turn to act then you can say whatever you want in the chat. Wouldn't do it every time though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

El_Hombre_Grande 09-28-2007 05:35 AM

Yeah. You clearly can't say that.

Rek 09-28-2007 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If it's your turn to act then you can say whatever you want in the chat. Wouldn't do it every time though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He had folded. When you are not in the hand any longer just STFU. Once it's over say whatever the **** you like

EvanJC 09-28-2007 06:42 AM

poker rules nits are lame imo

OMFGWTF 09-28-2007 07:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Boo.

Daddy Warbucks 09-28-2007 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's players behind him left to act, so he's influencing the action. OP should STFU next time.

And yes, it collides DIRECTLY with that rule.

dlk9s 09-28-2007 08:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's players behind him left to act, so he's influencing the action. OP should STFU next time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

It doesn't even matter if he was still in the hand or not. He said something completely intending to influence play. He essentially said that the big raiser was bluffing.

I don't understand why you would do this, OP. Do you just get off on being an ass at the table?

xSCWx 09-28-2007 08:21 AM

I e-mailed Stars support about someone doing this and they gave him a warning. So yeah, it is against the rules although you probably won't get banned unless you are a repeat offender.

Rek 09-28-2007 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I e-mailed Stars support about someone doing this and they gave him a warning. So yeah, it is against the rules although you probably won't get banned unless you are a repeat offender.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars do nothing but give warnings. Then they warn you that they have already warned you. And if you are really bad they don't let you chat for a day or two.

So yes the OP should have STFU and I hate this kind of ass behaviour. But it will continue unabated because of the penalties (i.e. a warning). It is like slapping a thief's wrist and asking him to please not do it again

Freyalise 09-28-2007 08:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stars do nothing but give warnings. Then they warn you that they have already warned you. And if you are really bad they don't let you chat for a day or two.

So yes the OP should have STFU and I hate this kind of ass behaviour. But it will continue unabated because of the penalties (i.e. a warning). It is like slapping a thief's wrist and asking him to please not do it again

[/ QUOTE ]

It won't continue unabated because players receive a chat revocation for repeated infractions. If you can't chat, you can't make inappropriate comments in the chat.

Rek 09-28-2007 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It won't continue unabated because players receive a chat revocation for repeated infractions. If you can't chat, you can't make inappropriate comments in the chat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, quick response but that is good with Stars anyway. So, if this guy says squeeze again in the same situation (or another violation that can mean another player loses money) he will have his chat permanently removed with no more warnings?

dlk9s 09-28-2007 08:58 AM

Freyalise,

You noted the hand number and OP's screen name, right?

fatshaft 09-28-2007 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Freyalise,

[/ QUOTE ]LOL, nh sir. Guess you really should keep your mouth shut eh skibbel?

Sciolist 09-28-2007 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I've perm revoked someone's chat for repeated violations, and I've also barred someone from the site when they created a dupe so that they could get around the chat ban.

train. 09-28-2007 10:04 AM

Rek, do you continue to play at stars?

Sciolist 09-28-2007 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Freyalise,

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to look at his account because that's cheating. If I did, I'd be willing to bet that OP made this post after being warned.

ReptileHouse 09-28-2007 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Winner.

Rek 09-28-2007 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but that doesn't mean I agree with everything they do - unlike some people. Is it ok if I have a view on this?

Mcbrag 09-28-2007 11:03 AM

Whatever, all the dude said was that he got squeezed. whoop de doo. You guys are making mountains out of absolutely nothing. He's saying that with the players yet to act behind him he can no longer continue with the hand, it has nothing to do with the holding of the reraiser.

Rek 09-28-2007 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Whatever, all the dude said was that he got squeezed. whoop de doo. You guys are making mountains out of absolutely nothing. He's saying that with the players yet to act behind him he can no longer continue with the hand, it has nothing to do with the holding of the reraiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is why the penalties should be harder. One person gets warned, then warned again providing people take time to report them. Then dumbasses like this still don't get it and so other players do the same. It is never frigging ending.

What is wrong with having T&C's than mean something and violations are harsher. At the moment the only people that suffer are the ones that abide by the rules.

train. 09-28-2007 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but that doesn't mean I agree with everything they do - unlike some people. Is it ok if I have a view on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's quite ok. but if it bothered me as much as it seems to bother you i'd find a place to play where i liked their rules and enforcement better. find a different horse to beat fps.

Rek 09-28-2007 11:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's quite ok. but if it bothered me as much as it seems to bother you i'd find a place to play where i liked their rules and enforcement better. find a different horse to beat fps.

[/ QUOTE ]

So your contribution to this thread is to tell me to play elsewhere. Figures.

train. 09-28-2007 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So your contribution to this thread is to tell me to play elsewhere. Figures.

[/ QUOTE ]

sweet burn! goot one.

Alobar 09-28-2007 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Freyalise,

[/ QUOTE ]

a nonymous 09-28-2007 12:57 PM

I report this every time. While I'm ok with the site giving a warning at first, if they do it again they should lose their chat forever (you could make an argument for closing their account completely, though the sites obv wouldn't want that).

Adrian20XX 09-28-2007 01:01 PM

For sure is a vialoation of the rules, it is also violating rule number 8. You are giving information to the players still to act. Why can't you wait until every one makes his decision, and then you make the comment?

The fact that you do it before the hand ends, it makes me think not only that it might affected the play of the hand, but also that you wanted it to affect the play of the hand. Am I wrong? After all, I think normally people want all ins to be called, because after that you get a player pissed and another player happy, more relaxed and perhaps less concentratred (of course, unless one of them is a clear fish and he may leave the table). Plus, you gain additional information regarding both players.

In both cash games and tournaments, if there are more than two players left in a pot, players (in the hand or not) may not chat anything that might reasonably be interpreted as affecting the play of the hand. For instance, suppose players A, B, and C are in a hand. A bets, and B is next to act. C may not chat, "I'm going to fold" (whether he intends to fold or not).

dlk9s 09-28-2007 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to figure out if you don't know what the poker term "squeeze" means or just don't understand the basic rule of poker that was violated.

chiTown22 09-28-2007 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
It is unethical to make comments on what you believe someone holds while others are still to act. Pretty standard.

El_Hombre_Grande 09-28-2007 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to figure out if you don't know what the poker term "squeeze" means or just don't understand the basic rule of poker that was violated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both. I don't think he knows what a squeeze is. And I don't think he understands why you can't blurt this out at that moment.

FWIW, I almost always say, "whatever," when nits want to complain about technical talking violations, but this isn't one of those. It can influence the action, and in fact in seems like the comment was intended to influence the action. If I were the other player, how could it be interpreted as anything other that OMG CALL THAT SOB THAT JUST BLEW ME OUT OF THE POT HE HAS NOTHING. CALL CALL CALL.