Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Playing in retardland... (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=471977)

ikestoys 08-07-2007 10:10 PM

Playing in retardland...

Villain is running 26/8/3, and is generally terrible IMO

stacks are 1700 effective.

i raise AQo UTG to $35, villain minpops to 70 on the button.

Flop (Pot: $155)
A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain bets 100, I call

Turn 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villain bets 200, I fold

Am I completely for thinking that 8 made this a very clear fold?

Jay Riall 08-07-2007 10:22 PM

Re: Playing in retardland...

I like a fold but I don't know what the 8 has to do with anything? Is it different to a 9 or a 2 or w/e?

cbboy 08-07-2007 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like a fold but I don't know what the 8 has to do with anything? Is it different to a 9 or a 2 or w/e?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing that its because we would be calling in hopes of a split pot? I really have no idea.... I would like some thoughts on that, please.

Isura 08-07-2007 10:39 PM

call. decide on the river.

ajloeffl 08-07-2007 10:39 PM

The only thing the 8 could have changed is making you now even with AJ/AT (if he was RRing light). Against most reasonable villains you would be behind AK/AA/KK here and would be tied with AQ/AJ/AT. I'm not sure QQ would be again. I think a fold is in order on the turn.

KingGordy 08-07-2007 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All the hands that were beating us are still beating us, but a lot of the hands we were beating just improved to a split.

Jay Riall 08-07-2007 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All the hands that were beating us are still beating us, but a lot of the hands we were beating just improved to a split.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol I'm dumb and should actually take time to read hands properly before deciding to reply.

Pasterbator 08-07-2007 10:44 PM

i think you have to call bc people show up with a whole bunch of retarded stuff, a whole bunch of the time.

at least call the turn.

True 08-07-2007 10:48 PM

you got disconnected right? thats why your cards folded right? yes?

ikestoys 08-07-2007 10:49 PM

i dunno, i just felt that villain is either making a retarded bluff, were chopping or i'm [censored].

True 08-07-2007 10:50 PM

6 combos AK, 1 AA, 3 KK. you beat like loads of retardo hands, A-xs (i know you split but you also have 10% to improve vs them so it's 60/40 not 50/50) and like TT JJ QQ trying to get you off a king.

Pasterbator 08-07-2007 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dunno, i just felt that villain is either making a retarded bluff, were chopping or i'm [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

welcome to poker?

Irish Mafia 08-07-2007 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you got disconnected right? thats why your cards folded right? yes?

[/ QUOTE ]

That, or the fact that a villain who raises only 8% of his hands, just mini-raised us pf. Sometimes this is crap, but a LOT of the time fish do this with a monster. And when he followed it up by firing two barrels (what is his AF?) I don't think its a terrible fold. How often would this guy fire the river w/ nothing?

ikestoys 08-07-2007 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
6 combos AK, 1 AA, 3 KK. you beat like loads of retardo hands, A-xs (i know you split but you also have 10% to improve vs them so it's 60/40 not 50/50) and like TT JJ QQ trying to get you off a king.

[/ QUOTE ]

villain plays TT JJ QQ like this never

True 08-07-2007 10:55 PM

imo guy doesn't have AK, he has JJ-AA and his range of JJ/QQ (9) vs AAKK (4) makes this a call... even discounting JJ/QQ like almost 75% this is still a call and counting 100% of AA/KK.

True 08-07-2007 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is villain specific then....

a lot of villains never play AA/KK/AK like this.

ikestoys 08-07-2007 10:58 PM

why can't villain have AK?

True 08-07-2007 10:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why can't villain have AK?

[/ QUOTE ]

preflop cuts it down significantly, most people want to win the pot preflop with AK or will try and trap/slowplay (call).

It can be AK, it can be 23o, but from my experience it generally isn't either.

ikestoys 08-07-2007 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

basically saying villain isn't going to make a zero value bet on the turn, i don't see why i can't make this assumption

Irish Mafia 08-07-2007 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
imo guy doesn't have AK, he has JJ-AA and his range of JJ/QQ (9) vs AAKK (4) makes this a call... even discounting JJ/QQ like almost 75% this is still a call and counting 100% of AA/KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is villain firing the turn w/ JJ/QQ?

True 08-07-2007 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

basically saying villain isn't going to make a zero value bet on the turn, i don't see why i can't make this assumption

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

and is generally terrible IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say it was for value.

ikestoys 08-07-2007 11:03 PM

ummm he's terrible obv, but in the std tagfish way, not the will bluff QQ or similar here

True 08-07-2007 11:06 PM

alright, well if his range is AA KK AK then it's obviously a fold.

Isura 08-07-2007 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

PerDoom 08-07-2007 11:10 PM

yeah ez fold against the absolute nits.

ikestoys 08-07-2007 11:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

its not, Ax and some air is possible, but i'm just doubting qq or jj does this

True 08-07-2007 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

out of position do you think he is more likely to bet JJ or AA?

ikestoys 08-07-2007 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

out of position do you think he is more likely to bet JJ or AA?

[/ QUOTE ]
i don't see how this is relevant... but probably jj

True 08-07-2007 11:43 PM

so, his range of hands beating us is AK, and he is more likely to bet TT-QQ than KK/AA (which also have a larger amount of combinations).

I think preflop discounts AK a fair bit, so his range is mostly whiffed speculative hands A-x, TT-QQ, AK and AA/KK occassionally.

In my experience his range is weighted towards one that would allow you to call the turn, you disagree. Poker isn't just black and white so we seem to be arguing a point that there is no strict answer to. I don't think it's hugely constructive and I have given my thoughts.

ikestoys 08-07-2007 11:52 PM

i know it isn't black and white, thats why i posted this... i'm honestly just aren't following your reasoning at all (or at least until the last post), so i challenged you. nothing personal

i still don't see why pf can't be ak still tho, and that really is the crux of the question

flawless_victory 08-08-2007 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so, his range of hands beating us is AK, and he is more likely to bet TT-QQ than KK/AA (which also have a larger amount of combinations).

I think preflop discounts AK a fair bit, so his range is mostly whiffed speculative hands A-x, TT-QQ, AK and AA/KK occassionally.

In my experience his range is weighted towards one that would allow you to call the turn, you disagree. Poker isn't just black and white so we seem to be arguing a point that there is no strict answer to. I don't think it's hugely constructive and I have given my thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]this stuff is really great... i especialy enjoyed the part about the PFR being more likely to bet turn w/ TT-QQ than AA/KK and how totally whiffed speculative make up the majority of his range

ever done stand up comedy?

True 08-08-2007 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]this stuff is really great... i especialy enjoyed the part about the PFR being more likely to bet turn w/ TT-QQ than AA/KK and how totally whiffed speculative make up the majority of his range

ever done stand up comedy?

[/ QUOTE ]

OP agreed that he was more likely to bet JJ than AA on the turn so I don't know why you think that is funny....

from experience I would think that a min raise from this type of player generally means a kind of suited connector, suited ace, and big hands. Since we have discussed that all but AK can be discounted heavily, then his range is AK + whiffed suited connectors and A-x hands.

If you think this is wrong, please explain why.

If you think that this is not his range then we can agree to disagree because I imagine it is.

Postflop tendencies however can differ from player to player and he may only bet the turn with AA, AK and KK as i stated earlier.

I have given a pretty decent analysis here which is something I don't do in other threads. You may argue that I am wrong but calling this range stupid is just your opinion of his range.

Black winter day 08-08-2007 09:33 AM

In light of preflop, your read on the villain and the board, i like the fold a lot.You are so often drawing dead here..

Christophers 08-08-2007 09:55 AM

God just shut up True.

True 08-08-2007 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
God just shut up True.

[/ QUOTE ]

heads up for 50k?

your posts are [censored] please [censored] off

Christophers 08-08-2007 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
God just shut up True.

[/ QUOTE ]

heads up for 50k?

your posts are [censored] please [censored] off

[/ QUOTE ]

I can start this afternoon if you have money on FTP. Consider it booked.

True 08-08-2007 10:21 AM

what limits?

I have cash on crypto right now but can get some on FTP, I will start tomorrow

Jay Riall 08-08-2007 10:22 AM

lololololololol gooooooooooo Mattttttt.

True 08-08-2007 10:22 AM

oh also, if you lose you have to stop posting and get ip banned forever

Christophers 08-08-2007 10:23 AM