Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Intersting hand a little deep (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545884)

corsakh 11-14-2007 08:38 AM

Intersting hand a little deep

50nl on iPoker
Villain is a decent 17/12/3 tag. Steals 25%. Prone to tilt.
I 3bet him once before this session, he folded to my cbet on a rag flop.

90$ stacks

Hero is in BB with KK.

Some fishy posts UTG.
MP folds.
Villain raises to 2.5 in CO.
Button folds.
SB folds.

I figure his range here is really wild and he can't stand a raise. So I try to make it look like a resteal.

Hero raises to 9.
Villain tanks and calls.

Flop some 7 high two tone rag. Pot 18.
Hero bets 10.
Villain calls.

Turn Jo.
Check - check.

River Ko.
Hero pots.

Terrible river for my plan, but whatever.

stillnaive 11-14-2007 08:53 AM

Re: Intersting hand a little deep

Seems fine to me. Are you implying the flush didn't hit on any of the streets? If so, bet away if the guy's gonna call on every street. He's probably not going to call any kind of a bet on the river if he missed his flush, and if the flush hits on the river, well... I probably wouldn't pot it there, but that's me..

Unknown Soldier 11-14-2007 08:58 AM

anything he calls a psb with he's going to bet himself unless he's terrible. The K is effectively a blank in his eyes (or should be). He'd have to be quite bad for this not to be a crai.

If you have a decent loose image bet the turn

corsakh 11-14-2007 09:01 AM

A blank? Would not I play AK the same?

Unknown Soldier 11-14-2007 09:05 AM

oops i read turn as you check calling, sorry.

yeah def bet the river.

ps is prob too much

corsakh 11-14-2007 09:06 AM

Ye, my bad [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Fixed.

monkover 11-14-2007 09:15 AM

hm i think this is fine just wonderng about why you think 9 looks like a resteal?

corsakh 11-14-2007 09:19 AM

Its out of my normal betting pattern which would be 8 tops.

Profish2285 11-14-2007 10:28 AM

Do you think villain would realize that 9 looks like a resteal as it is more than your normal amount? The reason I am questioning this is why is he not either 4 betting you pf then, raising you on the flop, or betting the turn when you check? Not really a major part of the hand obviously but was curious nonetheless.

corsakh 11-14-2007 10:31 AM

I was obvioulsy wrong.

kaz2107 11-14-2007 11:31 AM

i would bet like 2/3rds on river but w/e. i dont see much else u can discuss. depending on ur image and stuff a turn bet is pretty awsome too. but it just depends on metagame stuff and how often u actually bet the turn. looks solid tho

Red Shell 11-14-2007 11:43 AM

17/12/3 isnt really decent imo. Its more along the lines of fit or fold. Given he didnt reraise your steal attempt he hardley ever has AA with his stats, so his calling range is probably top heavy towards pp, big over cards etc. Given his aggression levels i think he folds the flop with over cards and may peel with pp's so while your bet size is ok, i'd make it slightly higher to look more like an AK type hand. turn check is good, river bet is slightly too high. Had you bet more on the flop you'd have a much bigger pot to play with.

munkey 11-14-2007 12:34 PM

Boards kinda ghey and as kaz says turn bet is sexy but board is kinda ghey -your line looks like AK/AQ and I just bet 2/3 as even a set by him is likely just calling and not c/shoving onus though QQ will but i think he donks river then.

17/12 is fine why cant he call a 3bet with KK/AA or QQ and then stack vs that kind of thinking?

That 9 thing I wasn't sure about -I'm never sure what the 'correct' 3bet size with limpers+ pfr raiser and callers size is but 9 seems a tad strong I guess. I randomise my 3bet amount Harrington style often though.

kaz2107 11-14-2007 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Boards kinda ghey and as kaz says turn bet is sexy but board is kinda ghey -your line looks like AK/AQ and I just bet 2/3 as even a set by him is likely just calling and not c/shoving onus though QQ will but i think he donks river then.

17/12 is fine why cant he call a 3bet with KK/AA or QQ and then stack vs that kind of thinking?

That 9 thing I wasn't sure about -I'm never sure what the 'correct' 3bet size with limpers+ pfr raiser and callers size is but 9 seems a tad strong I guess. I randomise my 3bet amount Harrington style often though.

[/ QUOTE ]turn bet is only sexy if u r capable of doin it with air a good percentage of time as well. i personally can get loads of value from betting the turn here but i have no idea how corsakhas image is n stuff. if he bets lots of turns on ragish boards like this then betting with KK here is optimal obv. just kinda depends on how the rest of ur game plays out and then having the right frequencies n stuff

corsakh 11-14-2007 12:50 PM

He may have AA, its just not very likely. He is not slowplaying a set. And I almost never second barrel 3bet pots regardless if I have a hand or not unless its some terrible calling station because:

People dont draw as often as they do in normal pots, and if they do they usually play draws agressively

People usually dont fold in normal pots. they never fold in 3bet pots [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I get looked up extra light on the river after half pot, check turn, pot river. They always put you ok AK. The only problem is river is a K [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]