Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Lay Down 2nd Nuts? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=239668)

TakenItEasy 10-18-2006 07:55 PM

Lay Down 2nd Nuts?

Wynn $2/$5 NLHM
Hero is BB with around $600
EMP has around $600
LMP has around $400

6 limpers, I check with A5o

flop 234 two tone, (not my suits), 2-4 suited.

Hero checks, EMP bets $20, LMP calls, Hero raises to $100,
EMP calls, LMP reraises all-in, hero?

Read on EMP is he is young and not too experienced, He really liked his hand based on how he handled his chips with the lead off bet, he seemed less certain with the call of my CR, however, he looks commited to stand his ground vs 2 of the more aggressive players at the table. I think he has overvalued his 2 pair.

Read on LMP. This guy looks like a biker with tats, shaved head, pot belly, but brighter than he looks. His starting range seems to be pretty solid but he is definately aggressive after the flop and has fired 3 round bluff attempts on dry boards but never into strength or even on a danger card. While I read his bluffs before through breathing tells, he now looks extremely confident.

Hero?

Dan BRIGHT 10-18-2006 07:56 PM

Re: Lay Down 2nd Nuts?

Yes but what does hero look like?

(go allin)

TakenItEasy 10-18-2006 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

(go allin)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero has been semi-tight (23-25%?) and aggressive both preflop and postflop. I have called down some bluffs and haven't been caught bluffing.

DJ Sensei 10-18-2006 08:15 PM

this is one of those situations where we can't really tell you much that you dont already know. Make a read and go with it.

(With these stacks though I don't think i'm ever folding A5 here.)

Dan BRIGHT 10-18-2006 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

(go allin)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero has been semi-tight (23-25%?) and aggressive both preflop and postflop. I have called down some bluffs and haven't been caught bluffing.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I asked what hero LOOKS like. I'm trying to picture the composure of the table in my head. Ive already got an image for your two villains, and now I just need one of you.

soah 10-18-2006 08:22 PM

I really hate flop checkraises.

Phresh 10-18-2006 08:24 PM

Hands they will have that you're ahead of:

-Flush draw

Hands they will have that you lose to:

Please lead flop and look for a raise. I'm always looking to get it in on this flop.

TakenItEasy 10-18-2006 08:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

(go allin)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I asked what hero LOOKS like. I'm trying to picture the composure of the table in my head. Ive already got an image for your two villains, and now I just need one of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Middle aged Asian but clearly US born, extremely good looking [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

yvesaint 10-18-2006 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

(go allin)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Middle aged Asian but clearly US born, extremely good looking [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

pics pls

Phresh 10-18-2006 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Asian

[/ QUOTE ]

INSTAJAM!

Dan BRIGHT 10-18-2006 08:46 PM

Given your lag image I'm pretty sure you can get all your money in here as a favourite

TakenItEasy 10-18-2006 08:47 PM

I'm a little surprised at the CR haters in this spot but I'll keep an open mind. I am not a CR advocate, PT puts me at 1.3%.

A leadout from the blind into a 7 handed pot with a low board just looks rediculously strong to me with little money in the pot. My thoughts on the CR was to get some money in the pot and then shut down the bigger str8 and flush draws.

Phresh 10-18-2006 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A leadout from the blind into a 7 handed pot with a low board just looks rediculously strong to me with little money in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah man, a check-raise will totally look like air!

AK47Suited 10-18-2006 08:53 PM

I hate going broke in un-raised pots.

Dan BRIGHT 10-18-2006 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate going broke in un-raised pots.

[/ QUOTE ]

You arent going broke you are shipping 1k

TakenItEasy 10-18-2006 08:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A leadout from the blind into a 7 handed pot with a low board just looks rediculously strong to me with little money in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah man, a check-raise will totally look like air!

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course the CR looks strong, it's intended to shut down the draws. But at least there would be some extra money in the pot and most of the big hands such as 2 piar, or set aren't getting away most of the time. I also don't want multiple callers getting to see a turn card for cheap.

Phresh 10-18-2006 09:01 PM

More often than not your check-raise shuts out everything and you win a tiny pot. Multiple callers won't see a turn card for cheap. You're going to pot the turn. You can still dictate the action with a flop lead you know..

TakenItEasy 10-18-2006 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
More often than not your check-raise shuts out everything and you win a tiny pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

With 5 players left to act there are plenty of chances to see a decent pot. If it's tiny than I probably would have gotten a tiny pot with the lead anyway or busted by a draw.

[ QUOTE ]
Multiple callers won't see a turn card for cheap. You're going to pot the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Multiple callers means an automatic cheap turn card relative to pot odds.

dtan05 10-18-2006 09:47 PM

shout AWWW EEEEN

dd323 10-18-2006 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shout ARRRRR EEEEN

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

TakenItEasy 10-18-2006 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is one of those situations where we can't really tell you much that you dont already know. Make a read and go with it.

(With these stacks though I don't think i'm ever folding A5 here.)

[/ QUOTE ]
As I said, LMP player was smarter than he looked. I knew he knew I was very strong here. I was the one that called his bluff down earlier with A high so this hand may have been a little personal for him. His first call seemed to be disinterested but his reraise had that look of I got you now and you can't get away. With that read I eliminated the str8 flush draw, in fact Anything less than top set was way too weak for his range IMO and I was definately leaning towards 56. I also don't think he would have limped with A5o (I meantioned his starting range was solid) so I was discounting the chop.

I legitamately agonized over this hand for quite a while. I didn't mind that fact since if I did push, EMP would more likely call and I would win the side pot although I would still loose an extra $100 to LMP if he had 56.

It was the possible side pot rebate that finally got me to push into a hand that I knew had me beat.

EMP had 2 pair, LMP had 56. The funny thing was that the LMP player nearly went on tilt even after winning the hand. He was really upset that I almost layed down 2nd nuts to his nuts.

jjigglers 10-18-2006 10:36 PM

What the [censored] is 67?

TakenItEasy 10-18-2006 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What the [censored] is 67?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I meant to say 56.

TakenItEasy 10-18-2006 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shout AWWW EEEEN

[/ QUOTE ]

While I definately use steriotypes for small decisions in live games, it is the ability to read past those steriotypes that will either save your entire stack or double you up.

I am not trying to preach a morality lesson, it's just a fact in live poker play. I will leave the morality lessons for your parents, but then again your dad probably left when you were 2 and your mom keeps you locked up in the mobile home while waitressing 2 jobs. Your only social life is playing poker on the internet using the 2nd hand PC from goodwill with a dialup connection.

yvesaint 10-18-2006 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shout AWWW EEEEN

[/ QUOTE ]

While I definately use steriotypes for small decisions in live games, it is the ability to read past those steriotypes that will either save your entire stack or double you up.

I am not trying to preach a morality lesson, it's just a fact in live poker play. I will leave the morality lessons for your parents, but then again your dad probably left when you were 2 and your mom keeps you locked up in the mobile home while waitressing 2 jobs. Your only social life is playing poker on the internet using the 2nd hand PC from goodwill with a dialup connection.

[/ QUOTE ]

dude....take a joke. i dont want the new stereotype for asians to be "no sense of humor"

TakenItEasy 10-18-2006 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
shout AWWW EEEEN

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dude....take a joke. i dont want the new stereotype for asians to be "no sense of humor"

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, old habit from being the only asian family in the area growing up in the midwest.

I'm off tilt now.