Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Bonuses (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   FPP VIP WSOP Satellites next 2 Sundays (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=415638)

Scottyy 05-30-2007 01:55 PM

FPP VIP WSOP Satellites next 2 Sundays

14:15 500 FPP buy in SilverStar+ VIPs
1st-5th WSOP final event package
6th-99th $100

15:15 10,000 FPP buy in SilverStar+ VIPs
1st-9th WSOP final event package
10th-45th $160

The 10,000 FPP event has a 1000 FPP satellite Saturday and Sunday. See the VIP lobby for more details.

Scotty
PokerStars VIP Team

Black winter day 05-30-2007 02:54 PM

Re: FPP VIP WSOP Satellites next 2 Sundays

Maxumum 10000 entrants...And i suspect this would be full.

dynacraze 05-30-2007 07:52 PM

can you take cash if you don't want to play? If not can you transfer it to next year? I'm like 3 months shy of being 21 in july.

1p0kerboy 05-30-2007 10:01 PM

Event #1 has a prizepool of $69,400.
Each entry into the tournament costs 500fpp, or $7.95.
There has to be FEWER than 8,729 entrants for an overlay.

Event #2 has a prizepool of $113,760.
Each entry into the tournament costs 10000fpp, or $159.
There has to be FEWER than 715 entrants for an overlay.

Edit: Redid the math AGAIN.

thebeebster 05-30-2007 11:31 PM

these things are going to be CHOCK full. scotty, please make something more exclusive for the platinums/supernovas. we pay the bills after all.

dynacraze 05-31-2007 01:34 AM

bump can anyone answer my question?

Scottyy 05-31-2007 06:05 AM

------can you take cash if you don't want to play? If not can you transfer it to next year? I'm like 3 months shy of being 21 in july.

Since we can not register players, the events will pay cash.

-----these things are going to be CHOCK full. scotty, please make something more exclusive for the platinums/supernovas. we pay the bills after all.

I think you over estimate how many players will play. Should be a nice overlay in each event.

Scotty

1p0kerboy 05-31-2007 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you over estimate how many players will play. Should be a nice overlay in each event.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

dynacraze 05-31-2007 09:24 AM

hey scoty, i didn't really understand the answer. Does that mean it will pay 10,000 dollar cash for me in my stars account since i am shy of 21 before the main event?

Scottyy 05-31-2007 09:39 AM

------hey scoty, i didn't really understand the answer. Does that mean it will pay 10,000 dollar cash for me in my stars account since i am shy of 21 before the main event?

First time winners will receive a $11,000 cash credit. If you are 21+ and play the WSOP Main Event wearing PokerStars logo wear, an additional $1,000 credit will be made on your account.

Under 21s are welcome to play these VIP events.

Scotty

dynacraze 05-31-2007 10:28 AM

thanks scotty. Are the chances registration will be full the first minute registration opens?

Scottyy 05-31-2007 11:30 AM

------Are the chances registration will be full the first minute registration opens?

It would be more likely for me to be voted Mrs. Isle of Man this week.

Scotty

dynacraze 05-31-2007 11:35 AM

okay thx for clearing that up.

hime 05-31-2007 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It would be more likely for me to be voted Mrs. Isle of Man this week.

[/ QUOTE ]

When's the operation?

ryanghall 05-31-2007 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
------can you take cash if you don't want to play? If not can you transfer it to next year? I'm like 3 months shy of being 21 in july.

-----these things are going to be CHOCK full. scotty, please make something more exclusive for the platinums/supernovas. we pay the bills after all.

Scotty

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect, these are nothing compared to the bazillion VIP FPP qualifiers from last year. I'm fairly sure there were four per week, 5 seats in Silver, 3 in Gold, 2 in Platinum and 1 in Nova, IIRC. It was certainly something like that, anyway. That's 11 seats per week. All qualifiers were 500 FPP and there were WAY WAY WAY less VIPs last year. They also ran for at least 6 weeks. It might have actually been more - I don't recall exactly. Basically, there was a LOT of VIP value in these tournaments last year (increasing with level) and there just isn't this year.

Like you say, there will definitely be overlay and we appreciate that, but it seems like things are quite devalued this year. It may be just my opinion. (Queue someone chiming in and saying, hey it's free don't complain). Except it's not, really.

There's also no difference for these tournaments between Silverstar and Nova, which is somewhat aggravating.

We're not paying for jessica0003's $100,000 are we? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ryan

godofgamblers 05-31-2007 07:24 PM

I doubt there will be much overlay in the 10k FPP one, which is what most of us will be playing. On the bright side there will be another one next week, and maybe some people will have spent their last 10k points on the first one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Dennisa 06-01-2007 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Scotty

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect, these are nothing compared to the bazillion VIP FPP qualifiers from last year. I'm fairly sure there were four per week, 5 seats in Silver, 3 in Gold, 2 in Platinum and 1 in Nova, IIRC. It was certainly something like that, anyway. That's 11 seats per week. All qualifiers were 500 FPP and there were WAY WAY WAY less VIPs last year. They also ran for at least 6 weeks. It might have actually been more - I don't recall exactly. Basically, there was a LOT of VIP value in these tournaments last year (increasing with level) and there just isn't this year.

Like you say, there will definitely be overlay and we appreciate that, but it seems like things are quite devalued this year. It may be just my opinion. (Queue someone chiming in and saying, hey it's free don't complain). Except it's not, really.

There's also no difference for these tournaments between Silverstar and Nova, which is somewhat aggravating.

We're not paying for jessica0003's $100,000 are we? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to life post UIGEA Ryan, it will affect all of us whether you are from the United States or not. WSOP is a form of advertising for Pokerstars. This year without direct registrations, most likely a smaller field, its worth a lot less to Stars to send players for free.

LotsOfOuts69 06-01-2007 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Scotty

[/ QUOTE ]

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to life post UIGEA Ryan, it will affect all of us whether you are from the United States or not. WSOP is a form of advertising for Pokerstars. This year without direct registrations, most likely a smaller field, its worth a lot less to Stars to send players for free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, except they arent sending anyone for free. Whatever they lose in giving out the cash they are gaining by us not cashing in the FPPs. There will not be a great overlay in any of these tournies.

For someone who played all April and May getting to platnum in anticipation of some good WSOP VIP freerolls, I am highly dissapointed.

punkass 06-03-2007 03:55 PM

good overlays on these today. I'll probably play in these next week.

1p0kerboy 06-03-2007 08:31 PM

Yes, the WSOP promotion is much less than last year. I don't blame Stars for that; the way Harrah's is treating them I wouldn't want to help them out either.

With all due respect, the 10 billion hand promo was sick. So where we lose in one spot, we gain in another.

I'm also hoping Stars does a good promotion for the WCOOP. There was a deposit bonus last year that drew in a bunch of players, and there were tons of fpp satellites for VIP members with overlays. I wouldn't be surprised if Stars was considering expanding the WCOOP with the field sizes it has drawn in previous years. And if they ran a "double fpp" promo during that event it would be incredible.

1p0kerboy 06-03-2007 08:35 PM

Event #1 had a $47,100 overlay, or $16.79/player.
Event #2 had a $14,862 overlay, or $23.89/player.

ryanghall 06-03-2007 09:46 PM

I'd be happy if they concentrated on WCOOP instead for VIP value rather than WSOP, considering what has happened w/ Harrah's. That would be understandable.

The double points promo was obviously generous but a pain in the ass for me because all the 114/225 SNGs were loaded with good players the whole time. I'm actually kinda happy it's over.

Ryan