Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Phil Hellmuth best holdem player by far (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=546490)

yaaam1484 11-14-2007 11:49 PM

Phil Hellmuth best holdem player by far

in this weeks PAD

"the best holdem player in the world is by far me, it's not even close, in tournaments and.. i mean there's some that are close to me in cash games.. i havent proved myself in the cash games.. i crushed all the holdem cash games for years.. but not at the super high limits"

Ivey's face is priceless [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Can't he just shut up and play the highest games on full tilt? He should prove himself instead of all the talk, there's no doubt he's serious

futuredoc85 11-14-2007 11:51 PM

Re: Phil Hellmuth best holdem player by far

are you implying there's someone better?

Striker 11-14-2007 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMG unpossible do not speak such blasphelmuth

DoubleDealDecker 11-14-2007 11:57 PM

The only reason that Phil wins more tournaments than anyone else is that he compulsively enters more tournaments than anyone else. Please discuss.

hartwith 11-15-2007 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The only reason that Phil wins more tournaments than anyone else is that he compulsively enters more tournaments than anyone else. Please discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

How long have you got? Working out the meaning of life would most probably be faster.

Donkey-Milker 11-15-2007 12:00 AM

tbh he knows the game well and is probably the greatest reader.

0524432 11-15-2007 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ZOMG unpossible do not speak such blasphelmuth

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, i second this

Alobar 11-15-2007 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Can't he just shut up and play the highest games on full tilt?

[/ QUOTE ]

he already does, and he crushes them. He just cant publicly talk about it because he is sponsored by UB and isnt supposed to be playing anywhere else. I thought this was pretty common knowledge?

killsadie 11-15-2007 12:15 AM

i really think he is the best nl holdem player. not as fearless as someone like ivey, but hellmuth is better all around.

Hipsdontlie69 11-15-2007 12:18 AM

Phil can dodge bullet baby!!!

Keyser. 11-15-2007 12:19 AM

I love how he says stuff like "I used to crush all the cash games 10 years ago."

I wonder if he has any idea how incredibly soft those games must've been back then compared to today's games. I mean, live poker NOW is soft, can you imagine pre-poker boom cash games? mmmmmm

mlagoo 11-15-2007 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he already does, and he crushes them. He just cant publicly talk about it because he is sponsored by UB and isnt supposed to be playing anywhere else. I thought this was pretty common knowledge?

[/ QUOTE ]

kaibuxxe = phil hellmuth??

PokerHatesMe 11-15-2007 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Discuss that you have no Idea what your talking about? Broke ass TJ Cloutier and Men Ngyuen play like every freckin 200 dollar buyin tourney they can

TheJubilantMale 11-15-2007 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I love how he says stuff like "I used to crush all the cash games 10 years ago."

I wonder if he has any idea how incredibly soft those games must've been back then compared to today's games. I mean, live poker NOW is soft, can you imagine pre-poker boom cash games? mmmmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. why would preboom games be softer?

Mitch Evans 11-15-2007 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, cash games pre-poker boom were much more difficult than today. It's also why you could rarely find a NL or PL game.

PokerHatesMe 11-15-2007 12:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He didnt say all he said "the, but not super high limits" .... so prob 25/50 10 years ago is what he was refering to which he could still beat easily online or live his limit is probably no more than 1-200 at a successful win rate.

Hendricks433 11-15-2007 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ivey's face is priceless

[/ QUOTE ] I started laughing when Hellmuth was talking about destroying cash games and seeing iveys face.

Witzo 11-15-2007 12:51 AM

Phil Helmuth - Great Player or Greatest Player ever?

tufat23 11-15-2007 12:57 AM

someone post a youtube link pls

knockonwood 11-15-2007 12:58 AM

His book 'Play Poker Like The Pros' is also one of the best, if not the best poker book ever written IMO.

Tornado69 11-15-2007 01:01 AM

The greatest players in the world don't tell the world they are the greatest, the greatest don't have to constantly say it. You see Ivey, Doyle or Chip constantly saying they are the best ? No because they don't need to. Their peers say it for them ... class imo

iHateDonkbets 11-15-2007 01:11 AM

If I ever learn how to dodge bullets baby, i will spend some of my winnings to get Phil his own TV channel so i can watch him 24-7.
But then again, i cant even spell poker...

apefish 11-15-2007 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
someone post a youtube link pls

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enRsFz3LlOw

Halfpoint 11-15-2007 01:19 AM

Hellmuth----->http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...fpoint/lie.gif

Bulletproof Monk 11-15-2007 01:29 AM

he has won like 11 wsop bracelets, including taking down the big one. how is this even debatable?

Halfpoint 11-15-2007 01:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he has won like 11 wsop bracelets, including taking down the big one. how is this even debatable?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...fpoint/lie.gif

JoeDimaggio 11-15-2007 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, you're way off here. Phil plays almost exclusively 10k plus tournaments and WSOP tournaments and almost nothing else. Maybe back in the 90's he played a lot but he doesn't play many these days. It's also hard to argue with his comments (maybe not so much the cash game part) about tournaments. Most of the top pros agree he's if not the top, one of the top 5 tournament players when he's hungry to win and it means something.

poker1O1 11-15-2007 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
uh, screenname?

GamblorZ 11-15-2007 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
uh, screenname?

[/ QUOTE ]

x100

corpseartist 11-15-2007 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
uh, screenname?

[/ QUOTE ]

x100

[/ QUOTE ]

OMGurSBluigiiii

TimeToAct 11-15-2007 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

kaibuxxe = phil hellmuth??

[/ QUOTE ]

kaibuxxe is/was Niki Jedlicka

Bulletproof Monk 11-15-2007 01:55 AM

levelfest 2007

Halfpoint 11-15-2007 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hellmuth----->http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...fpoint/lie.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Pudge714 11-15-2007 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, cash games pre-poker boom were much more difficult than today. It's also why you could rarely find a NL or PL game.

[/ QUOTE ]
Level? Please?

Keyser. 11-15-2007 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Level? Please?

[/ QUOTE ]

srsly

Someone with a ton of NL experience back then was probably someone who had played like 10,000 hands lifetime. Now with all the info available, with people who have played millions of hands and studied the game with tools like Pokerstove (keep in mind the Hellmuth who apparently crushed these games was the same one who thought AKo was a favorite over AK suited).... geez pre-boom games must've been 5x softer.

If they were tough it would only be because they were incredibly nitty, or maybe you could argue that there's so much more just complete dead tourist money today in live games, but still with not even the best players being that good by today's standards, NL back then must've been cake.

JokersAttack 11-15-2007 02:19 AM

Phil Hellmuth is also in the top 3-4 Ohama8 and Razz players in the world, in addition to being the premier Hold'Em player in both tournaments and the side games.

Halfpoint 11-15-2007 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Phil Hellmuth is also in the top 3-4 Ohama8 and Razz players in the world, in addition to being the premier Hold'Em player in both tournaments and the side games.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...t/an_speak.gif

corpseartist 11-15-2007 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/c...t/an_speak.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao

Daliman 11-15-2007 02:42 AM

It seems to me that Phil MAY be the best holdem tourney player in the world versus weak/average players, but from what I hear, most good+ players don't respect his game versus them. Cash games, he sucks. Period. He can make some decent plays, as can anyone with a passing knowledge of the game. He has innumerable times offered to play someone hu for $100k-1M, and has NEVER actually done it when the challenge was accepted. Pretty telling right there.

Dunno why this keep coming up, and REALLY dunno why I am responding to it.

Nick Rivers 11-15-2007 02:43 AM

When are we going to get Helmuth's FTP screen name already?