Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Major Site Revenue (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=431316)

allingator 06-19-2007 11:13 PM

Major Site Revenue

Does anyone know how much the major sites like Stars, Party and FTP earn in a day on average from their effected rake?

dogmeat 06-20-2007 12:32 AM

Re: Major Site Revenue

Party is publicly traded on the London stock exchange - should be easy to get their annual figures and then you can divide by 365 - Google.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

graarrg 06-20-2007 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Party is publicly traded on the London stock exchange - should be easy to get their annual figures and then you can divide by 365 - Google.

[/ QUOTE ]

Though I doubt they disclose it, I wonder how much they make from interest on funds held in trust.

NU Star 06-20-2007 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Though I doubt they disclose it, I wonder how much they make from interest on funds held in trust.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume they disclose this.

That Foreign Guy 06-20-2007 10:55 AM

Income from interest and investments is one of the items they report pretty clearly. I looked in the investor section at www.partygaming.com one day - can't remember what the numbers were though.

Vegas_VIP 06-20-2007 11:03 AM

they make millions daily.

Greg Olden 06-20-2007 11:24 AM

I know Stars made 10.2 million last year

Vegas_VIP 06-20-2007 11:38 AM

are you serious? They make more then that man

Vegas_VIP 06-20-2007 11:38 AM

Party is even publically traded. I should have invested 5 years ago lol

Greg Olden 06-20-2007 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]that is what the CEO porfited for the year, so take it for what you want, I know him.

FullyTilted 06-20-2007 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you're clueless.

kyleb 06-20-2007 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there was that company called googol? googel? gogle?

anyway i think they were a better investments 5 years ago if you are going to play that game

FullyTilted 06-20-2007 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]that is what the CEO porfited for the year, so take it for what you want, I know him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll bet there aren't more than a half-dozen people who know what PokerStar's CEO "porfited" last year, and I'll bet a **lot** more that you aren't one of those six.

PennDisc 06-20-2007 12:56 PM

What kind of logic is that anyway? If you know the CEO personally, and he made 10.2 mil (you don't really use the term "profited" when talking about the CEO's earnings/salary I don't think), then why do you think that's what the company made? Obviously the company doesn't just put the entire year's profits into the CEO's pockets.

Greg Olden 06-20-2007 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What kind of logic is that anyway? If you know the CEO personally, and he made 10.2 mil (you don't really use the term "profited" when talking about the CEO's earnings/salary I don't think), then why do you think that's what the company made? Obviously the company doesn't just put the entire year's profits into the CEO's pockets.

[/ QUOTE ]i KNOW THEY DONT (censored) but I was trying to make a point on what person in the complany made at the top!!!

Greg Olden 06-20-2007 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there was that company called googol? googel? gogle?

anyway i think they were a better investments 5 years ago if you are going to play that game

[/ QUOTE ]by the way GOOGLE wasnt pubically traded untill around 3 years ago idiot!

features 06-20-2007 02:24 PM

Party was making millions a day before they kicked out all the US players.

nimajneb 06-20-2007 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party was making millions a day before they kicked out all the US players.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I recall correctly (and I may not) Party's best year was a little shy of $600M US in profit. This would mean a million and a bit each day. I've only a guess regarding their expenses but this does likely mean millions in revenue (rake) each day.

FullyTilted 06-20-2007 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]i KNOW THEY DONT (censored) but I was trying to make a point on what person in the complany made at the top!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you PokerStars' CEO? His/her spouse (if applicable), banker or accountant? Are you the company's CFO (it's possible that some lower level accounting/payroll person might know as well), or on PokerStars' Board of Directors?

If not, just how would you have a clue about how much money the PokerStars CEO takes out of the company each year? It's hard (read: impossible) to imagine any of those people posting this kind of information on 2+2.

Again, I'd bet big that you aren't, and you don't.

Greg Olden 06-20-2007 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you PokerStars' CEO? His/her spouse (if applicable), banker or accountant? Are you the company's CFO (it's possible that some lower level accounting/payroll person might know as well), or on PokerStars' Board of Directors?

If not, just how would you have a clue about how much money the PokerStars CEO takes out of the company each year? It's hard (read: impossible) to imagine any of those people posting this kind of information on 2+2.

Again, I'd bet big that you aren't, and you don't.

[/ QUOTE ]BELIEVE what you want, I have no one to impress here

BradleyT 06-20-2007 03:05 PM

From a website press release in 2006 - and note this is NET revenue (which I think means the CEO makes at least that much if not more) -

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker, said that the first quarter showed a net revenue averaging $0.7 million per day.

[/ QUOTE ]

PennDisc 06-20-2007 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why did you use these exact words?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg Olden 06-20-2007 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why did you use these exact words?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I am sorry I didn't add the supporting context but needed to get a comment in in a hurry cause I was leaving for work

PennDisc 06-20-2007 04:49 PM

That's way beyond context... Stars and Stars' CEO are entirely different entities which makes your posts entirely different statements. Why are you so adamant on insulting people when the miscommunication began on your end though?

pkrblog 06-20-2007 04:50 PM

LOL stars probably makes 10 mil in a week.

prodonkey 06-20-2007 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's way beyond context... Stars and Stars' CEO are entirely different entities which makes your posts entirely different statements. Why are you so adamant on insulting people when the miscommunication began on your end though?

[/ QUOTE ]

Basketball players aren't the brightest bunch

TreyWilly 06-20-2007 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Basketball players aren't the brightest bunch

[/ QUOTE ]

This is idiotic.