Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   you guys are ugly (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=537845)

Ship Ship McGipp 11-03-2007 09:19 PM

you guys are ugly

but that doesn't stop me from asking you about this hand.

assume super standard hu opponent thinking and 2+2 but nothing crazy and assume my image tighter than normal but still ae [censored] jones

Poker Stars, $5/$10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $4,428
SB: $1,114.50

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">SB raises to $30</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $111</font>, SB calls $81

Flop: ($222) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, SB checks

Turn: ($222) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $175</font>, SB calls $175

River: ($572) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)

Ship Ship McGipp 11-03-2007 09:21 PM

Re: you guys are ugly

more than 800 but less than 900 on the river left effective

MatthewRyan 11-03-2007 09:24 PM

you have 2 pair in a RR pot, bet like 340?

obiedman 11-03-2007 09:24 PM

335 fold

KingGordy 11-03-2007 09:48 PM

I probably b/f $400.

rand 11-03-2007 10:35 PM

standard for me is b/f 375 but if hes crazy i could see bet call

jlocdog 11-04-2007 02:46 AM

Seems like he probably has diamonds/Kx/PP of QQ-. You are more likely to get value from a c/r then you are from extracting from a straight up value bet.

And I'm not folding this hand regardless of the way the river action goes down.

d2themfi 11-04-2007 02:52 AM

c/r is gross, what is he calling with that is worse? I guess if ur gonna check than its a c/c, but i prefer betting like 375

jlocdog 11-04-2007 02:54 AM

Who said I was c/r'ng to get called?

DrMagic 11-04-2007 02:57 AM

390 fold

berserk 11-04-2007 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow man, lol at the idea of c/r bluffing here (which is what you are trying to do if you aren't trying to get called...)

just bet 400, fold shove

jlocdog 11-04-2007 03:06 AM

Did you ever think that maybe......he was bluffing.

illuminati 11-04-2007 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl

Can we get a new 2p2 "trendy" them please?

Sponger. 11-04-2007 04:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So whenever you think someone is bluffing you shove on them so they will fold?

nutsflopper 11-04-2007 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are,

[ QUOTE ]
You are more likely to get value from a c/r then you are from extracting from a straight up value bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

moron

nutsflopper 11-04-2007 05:01 AM

AE, I think you have to value bet vs A8 or w/e and fold to a shove that called w/ the draw on turn.

aislephive 11-04-2007 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're checkraising to get him to fold a hand you already were beating, and call/shove with better. Awesome.

Black winter day 11-04-2007 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
390 fold

[/ QUOTE ]

jlocdog 11-04-2007 10:28 AM

Wow with all the hate...

Nutsflopper,

STFU.

All,

I don't see why it is so far fetched that if we bet the river, he may fold but if we check the river, he may bluff or bet with an inferior hand. Thus, we gain no value on a bet but do on a c/r. I am not trying to make a better hand fold. I am trying to make a worse hand bet.

Just to add--I don't find myself calling people names on these boards if/when I don't agree with your opinions. And I don't agree with many of you quite often. Extend the same courtesy please.

Darkfolder 11-04-2007 10:30 AM

but WHY arent u c/c instead of c/r?

Nick Royale 11-04-2007 10:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow with all the hate...

Nutsflopper,

STFU.

All,

I don't see why it is so far fetched that if we bet the river, he may fold but if we check the river, he may bluff or bet with an inferior hand. Thus, we gain no value on a bet but do on a c/r. I am not trying to make a better hand fold. I am trying to make a worse hand bet.

Just to add--I don't find myself calling people names on these boards if/when I don't agree with your opinions. And I don't agree with many of you quite often. Extend the same courtesy please.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you're not raising to get called and you don't think he'll fold better, then it's a bad raise.

jlocdog 11-04-2007 10:51 AM

Ships line doesn't look very strong. Why wouldn't Ax value bet that river if checked to? Given stacks, if he bets ~$400, he will probably feel tied to the pot if raised and he has anything playable. The pot would be ~$1700 and it would cost him ~$400 more to call. If you had AJ in his situation, would you call the c/r getting those odds?

The times that he has missed diamonds, he folds to our c/r....so be it.
The times he has a better hand then us, we loses 110BB...so be it. I think we are ahead more often then not here so I am willing to take the risk of being stacked sometime.

c/c has merit as well. But when he does have a hand of value, a c/r gets his whole stack where a c/c doesn't.

Anything seems better then b/f as far as I'm concerned.

futuredoc85 11-04-2007 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow with all the hate...

Nutsflopper,

STFU.

All,

[/ QUOTE ]

there's a button right next to raise that was made for spots like you're describing

Slappz 11-04-2007 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow with all the hate...

Nutsflopper,

STFU.

All,

[/ QUOTE ]

c/r gains little to no value against a competent opponent here, your putting in money that hes only gonna call if your behind. c/c seems fine, but personally id bet 425/fold.

jlocdog 11-04-2007 10:57 AM

Lets assume you are his opponent and have AJ/AT/A9. Come river, if checked to, are you betting for value? If so, are you calling a shove getting greater then 4-1?

edit to add- Slappz, you do realize that you will be offered greater then 4-1 on the line you choose to fold, right?

AcTiOnJaCsOn 11-04-2007 12:11 PM

i dont really know what responses u expected to get other than bet/fold

obiedman 11-04-2007 12:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

c/r obv

Jeffmet3 11-04-2007 12:36 PM

shove to represent the flush.

bet -&gt; fold is the standard line here, although i think check -&gt; calling every so often isn't that bad either.

i think check-raising here is gross.

obiedman 11-04-2007 12:39 PM

tbh i don't like checking to do anything but fold. obviously check raising is gross, and when he bets the river you're not even that far ahead of his range that i think it's better to c/f than it is to c/c

Jeffmet3 11-04-2007 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tbh i don't like checking to do anything but fold. obviously check raising is gross, and when he bets the river you're not even that far ahead of his range that i think it's better to c/f than it is to c/c

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, but his line is so weak that if you check river, i think an ace bets it for value, or he might bluff at it. i don't want to get allin, but i'd want to get like $350-$400 on this river. whether you bet or he does is irrelevant. plus i think check/calling here is a good image play as it might make him more hesitant to bluff later on, getting you more cheaper showdowns with marginal hands

Isura 11-04-2007 01:10 PM

shove

Ship Ship McGipp 11-04-2007 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill Ivey 11-04-2007 04:16 PM

check/fold

AcTiOnJaCsOn 11-04-2007 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check/fold

[/ QUOTE ]
this is so far beyond weak. with this line its completely plausible that hed v bet an ace or something and were folding the best hand. Eventhough ud expect someone to check an ace people do v bet this thin sometimes. u have 2 pair in a HU pot, c/f? seriously?

Ship Ship McGipp 11-04-2007 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check/fold

[/ QUOTE ]

this is certainly better than check calling, and *probably better than bet calling vs this guy, but i think it's not as good as bet folding.

i just hate stacks, i ahve to bet like 375 into 550 and fold to a shove getting 4 to 1?

bleh, i guesss i'm the only one sick enough to bluff there so i should just bet to get called by specifically AJ AT types

Janis N. 11-04-2007 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

c/r obv

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

ok imo b/f &gt; c/c &gt;&gt; b/c &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; c/r

Ship Ship McGipp 11-04-2007 04:56 PM

fwiw, i think check call is BY FAR the worst

i think check call might be worse than CR

obiedman 11-04-2007 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw, i think check call is BY FAR the worst

i think check call might be worse than CR

[/ QUOTE ]

dunno about it being worse that c/r but it is pretty bad, and is definitely worse than b/c b/f of c/f

RERAISE5823 11-04-2007 05:54 PM

bet 425. Call shove.

RERAISE5823 11-04-2007 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shove to represent the flush.

bet -&gt; fold is the standard line here, although i think check -&gt; calling every so often isn't that bad either.

i think check-raising here is gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh snap your chat is banned? LOL I chatted you up and felt hurt when you didn't reply. Haha gg.