Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   KQ hits hits flop of AKQ (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=469670)

JackAll 08-05-2007 05:12 AM

KQ hits hits flop of AKQ

Just sat down and this is my first orbit.

I'm BU and raise KQo, both blinds call.

Flop - AKQr

SB (50BB - stats of a drooler) checks
BB (100BB - 16/12/1.8) checks
I bet 10BB into pot of 15BB
SB folds
BB calls

Turn - Blank
BB checks
Hero?

That flop was dry, and 16/12's are seldom paying me off here with any hand that I beat.

Is this an standard bet/fold to protect against pair+gutshot type hands?

soah 08-05-2007 05:25 AM

Re: KQ hits hits flop of AKQ

wtf?

mwalsh2020 08-05-2007 05:34 AM

dude has a medium strength ace, probably suited... just take him to value town (it was hard for me to give a serious response to this, but i did, so you're welcome)

AAismyfriend 08-05-2007 05:47 AM

BET THE TURN YOU HAVE THE BEST HAND

JackAll 08-06-2007 04:30 AM

Maybe I should mention that I'm pretty tight at 18/15.
My point is that his range here is fairly narrow for hands that we beat after pf and flop.

What range of hands do you think a 16/12 calls pf oop and then flop with?

I would say AQ/TJ, AXs, AJ/AT/TQ/JQ type hand.

If we bet and he raises, standard fold right?
If we bet and he calls, what do we do on the river if he bets, and what do we do if he checks?

MatthewRyan 08-06-2007 04:31 AM

bbv

Whisper 08-06-2007 04:47 AM

2nd the WTF?

breitling996 08-06-2007 05:01 AM

triple wtf?

DTD 08-06-2007 05:18 AM

I don't think checking is as bad as everyone is saying if you think he would fold a medium ace to a turn bet but would call a river bet if the turn checked through and he checked a blank river to you.

True 08-06-2007 06:21 AM

most people are way off here,

xorbie 08-06-2007 06:37 AM

this is like 100% a check imo.

CopTHIS 08-06-2007 06:49 AM

You are ahead lots of the time but I'd usually check. All the "wtf" responses surprise me a bit to be honest.

captainwacky 08-06-2007 06:50 AM

i don't see how anything but checking (unless he's absoluuutely retarded) is correct

soah 08-06-2007 06:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You are ahead lots of the time but I'd usually check. All the "wtf" responses surprise me a bit to be honest.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you see that OP said he wanted to bet it right after saying he didn't think he'd get action from anything he beat?

CopTHIS 08-06-2007 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

did you see that OP said he wanted to bet it right after saying he didn't think he'd get action from anything he beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I just skimmed and assumed the "wtf"s were to the thought of not betting, like it's super-standard against a villian like that.

SinkRox 08-06-2007 08:31 AM

OP also quoted flop as dry when it is infact very wet.

His thought process seems OK imo (b/f turn)

Trix 08-06-2007 09:07 AM

Yeah, dont know what people are smoking [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

True 08-06-2007 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OP also quoted flop as dry when it is infact very wet.

His thought process seems OK imo (b/f turn)

[/ QUOTE ]

tell me please how AKQr is wet?

if he has a draw, it's to a gutshot....

SinkRox 08-06-2007 11:50 AM

True, but often its a pair + gutty in which case most bad villains will be c/calling 2 streets right?

I always thought 3 paint flops were wet? Assuming wet = drawy and co-ordinated and hits alot of their range?

Would you say this isn't wet for their range but perhaps would be for an UTG PFR'er?

naSTIboost 08-06-2007 11:59 AM

Check turn, go to value town on the river.

JackAll 08-06-2007 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bbv

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't a [censored] bbv. I bet and he folded. End of hand.

My question is theoretical. This hand is just about whether to bet the turn or not. It's about what hands we are actually getting money from here that we beat, and what to do beyond that bet in each scenario, and what are optimal lines.

Xorbie says:
[ QUOTE ]
this is like 100% a check imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming this is a level.

True says:
[ QUOTE ]
most people are way off here

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you elaborate on this please?

Soah says:
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's just me, but if I have 1pr+gutshot, I'm giving up after a turn bet most of the time, and I play more than 16% of hands. And calling oop from blinds pf with AJ/AT/TQ/JQ is pretty sh!t imo. Can I really just assume that most 16/12's are calling pf, flop and turn with that range? Or am I missing something else?

True 08-06-2007 12:02 PM

a wet board is like 89Jss or so, so there are lots of draws.

I would say this flop isn't wet at all.

hands that have drwaws :

QT, QJ, KT, KJ, AT, AJ

QT/QJ/KT/KJ have 4 outs a piece, AT/AJ have 10 each. There are no other draws.

True 08-06-2007 12:03 PM

umm, most people are way off because xorbie is right.... and no it's not a level.

xorbie 08-06-2007 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

next time don't bother posting the hand if the advice you get is so preposterous that you consider it some advanced form of sarcasm despite it being the only possible alternative.

were you perhaps thinking about putting him to a decision for all of his chips instead of some of his chips?

jfish 08-06-2007 12:30 PM

bet the turn, a youre pretty much freerolling v a 16/12's c/c range on that board.

aislephive 08-06-2007 12:41 PM

Betting and checking I think are both fine, I lean towards checking though.

JackAll 08-06-2007 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

next time don't bother posting the hand if the advice you get is so preposterous that you consider it some advanced form of sarcasm despite it being the only possible alternative.

[/ QUOTE ]

I quoted you because you are one of the only people that responded that I respect. There are a lot of people posting on 2p2 that have no idea. And if a hand seems super simple, people seem to be sarcastic with one-word answers and I honestly didn't know if you were doing this or not - especially after the other responses making it seem like it's so easy.

[ QUOTE ]
were you perhaps thinking about putting him to a decision for all of his chips instead of some of his chips?

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted this hand because I am a winning 200nl player transitioning into 400nls, and this is one of those hands I thought I could improve upon and was wondering if a check was a far better option here despite us having "2pr". That's why I posted it right after I played it.

I then got a whole lot of "wtf" comments with no other explanation, then a bunch of "bet the turn, you have the best hand" comments. Obv I posted because I am trying to learn and sometimes its hard with short answers with no explanation, or answers from a lot people that actually are more clueless than me.

xorbie 08-06-2007 01:40 PM

ok. well in this case i stick by check but jfish says bet and hes sometimes right.

The B 08-06-2007 01:51 PM

check 4th (he'll think his weak ace is good), get value on 5th

Binbs 08-06-2007 02:09 PM

easily get the most value from checking turn and betting river. most tight villains will fold to a 2nd barrel with a weak ace unless you have a very aggro image and history of double barrelling with air.

True 08-06-2007 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bet the turn, a youre pretty much freerolling v a 16/12's c/c range on that board.

[/ QUOTE ]

range?

e_hammer 08-06-2007 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think OP was asking if he should bet to take the pot, knowing only better hands would call.
(scared of the 3 str on board)
Check turn, go to value town on the river.

jfish 08-06-2007 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

range?

[/ QUOTE ]

only hand you lose to is AQ and there are cards that might fall that kill your action on the river. you dont bet to protect you bet because youre almost certainly ahead and in a btn v blind situation nobody believes anybody anyway.