Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Books and Publications (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Latest Book Schedule (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397254)

Mason Malmuth 05-07-2007 05:26 AM

Latest Book Schedule

Hi Everyone:

Now that Winning in Tough Hold 'em Games is published, here's our latest tentative schedule for books in the Two Plus Two pipeline.

Sit ’n Go Strategy; Expert Advice for Beating One-Table Poker Tournaments by Collin Moshman -- July 15, 2007

Professional No-Limit Hold ’em: Volume I; Learn to Think and Play Like a Professional By Matt Flynn, Sunny Mehta, and Ed Miller -- July 15, 2007

Winning High Stakes and Short Handed Hold ’em; Expert Limit Hold ’em for Serious Cash Game & Internet Players by Ray Zee and David Fromm with Alan Schoonmaker -- August 30, 2007

Harrington on Cash Games; Expert Strategy for No-Limit Hold 'em: Volume I by Dan Harrington and Bill Robertie -- Dec 15, 2007

Harrington on Cash Games; Expert Strategy for No-Limit Hold 'em: Volume II by Dan Harrington and Bill Robertie -- Dec 15, 2007

Note: The plan is to release both Harrington cash game books at the same time.

Professional No-Limit Hold ’em: Volume II; Learn to Think
and Play Like a Professional
By Matt Flynn, Sunny Mehta, and Ed Miller -- early 2008

There are also other projects under discussion but nothing finalized enough to announce anything. And finally, these date have flexibility associated with them. So things can change.

Best wishes,
Mason

MicroBob 05-07-2007 05:29 AM

Re: Latest Book Schedule

I'm drooling.
Thanks Mason.

TylerD 05-07-2007 07:54 AM

Do we know what's going in Volume I and what's going in Volume II of the Flynn, Mehta and Miller book?

scorer 05-07-2007 08:14 AM

wow, both harrington cash game book volume one and 2 together..awesome

1p0kerboy 05-07-2007 08:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Do we know what's going in Volume I and what's going in Volume II of the Flynn, Mehta and Miller book?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm begging to see the index.

MarkGreb 05-07-2007 09:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Harrington on Cash Games; Expert Strategy for No-Limit Hold 'em: Volume I by Dan Harrington and Bill Robertie -- Dec 15, 2007

Harrington on Cash Games; Expert Strategy for No-Limit Hold 'em: Volume II by Dan Harrington and Bill Robertie -- Dec 15, 2007

[/ QUOTE ]

I know what I'm asking Santa for!!

CPHoya 05-07-2007 11:32 AM

zomg HOH cash.

skillzilla 05-07-2007 12:38 PM

i will most likely be busto by july 15

Gallopin Gael 05-07-2007 12:45 PM

*drools*

phydaux 05-07-2007 01:07 PM

2+2's gonna make a lot of money this Christmas...

Say Mason, have you discussed with Dan if his playing on High Stakes Poker would be +/- EV for book sales? IIRC, they film in early fall and start showing sometime around Christmas.

Borknagar 05-07-2007 01:35 PM

Hi Mason,

Question: Won't it be possible to put a little extra work in Harrington on cash games 1 now and put it on a market like a month or two earlier? And then part 2 a couple months later, in december? Or do you have a marketing-specific reason for releasing them on the same date?

patchdiaz 05-07-2007 01:45 PM

I'm sure I'm buying almost all of those. Please let us know when we can preorder them.

Best wishes.

Wilco23 05-07-2007 03:37 PM

As a loyal customer, all I can say is thank you, Mason. Looking forward to these.

mucked4u 05-07-2007 03:56 PM

PNLH is the book I am waiting for. It sounds to me like it will take a great deal of time to absorb its many aspects.
I sense strongly the HOHC books will have a conservative approach.

RajHendon 05-07-2007 04:08 PM

Mason

I don't suppose you could tease us with a contents page for PNH?

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Mason Malmuth 05-07-2007 06:26 PM

Hi Borknagar:

We expect to have both manuscripts delivered at the same time.

Best wishes,
Mason

Lord Bodak 05-07-2007 06:33 PM

Is HOH Cash only going to be 2 volumes, or should we expect a volume 3 workbook like the tournament series has?

scorer 05-07-2007 06:52 PM

Mason has said 3 volumes on the cash game series

TimTimSalabim 05-07-2007 08:45 PM

Whatever happened to SSNL?

*TT* 05-07-2007 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SSNL is a forum here at 2+2, the book that your refering to is called Professional No-Limit Hold ’em: Volume I; Learn to Think and Play Like a Professional By Matt Flynn, Sunny Mehta, and Ed Miller

TimTimSalabim 05-07-2007 09:20 PM

Ok thanks, the title threw me. I usually don't associate 'professional' with 'small stakes'.

uminga 05-08-2007 05:22 PM

Looks great - can't wait for the next Harrington books!

PoorTom 05-08-2007 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok thanks, the title threw me. I usually don't associate 'professional' with 'small stakes'.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think I remember one of the authors making a comment somewhere about the scope of the book being broader than originally intended, hence the change in title - i.e. it is supposed to be applicable to all levels. We shall see.

Mason, I am very much looking forward to these books. Thanks for the update.

bbbushu 05-09-2007 11:49 AM

mason,

why has the sucker/zee book taken so long to get out?

dragon14 05-09-2007 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SSNL is a forum here at 2+2, the book that your refering to is called Professional No-Limit Hold ’em: Volume I; Learn to Think and Play Like a Professional By Matt Flynn, Sunny Mehta, and Ed Miller

[/ QUOTE ]

Small Stakes No Limit was the original working title of the NL book that is now going to be titled PNL.

phydaux 05-09-2007 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mason,

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe because writing a book, particularly a good one, is a whole lot of long, hard work?

HSB 05-09-2007 10:33 PM

How firm are the July dates?

bbbushu 05-10-2007 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mason,

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe because writing a book, particularly a good one, is a whole lot of long, hard work?

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah, i agree that should be the case.

my confusion stems from:

a. AFAIK the zee/sucker book was started a long time before the stox/zobags book and it will be released a good deal afterwards
b. sucker's comments leading me to believe it was in its final stages before last summer (too lazy to find the post or whatev but im sure others remember it, too).

i'm not hating or complaining - i'm very excited to buy it - i am just curious what for the delay, yo

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Mason Malmuth 05-10-2007 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm not hating or complaining - i'm very excited to buy it - i am just curious what for the delay

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi bbbushu:

The final text just needed a little more work, and sometimes these things do take a while. But progress is being made and we expect the book towards the end of the summer.

Best wishes,
Mason

MarkD 05-10-2007 02:23 AM

Mason,

Can you comment on the differences / similarities between the Stox / Sucker books? If not I understand.

Also, do you have plans to post a review of the Stox book anytime soon? I like seeing your detailed thoughts on the various books you review.

deflY 05-10-2007 06:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks great - can't wait for the next Harrington books!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, me too.

jeffnc 05-10-2007 03:57 PM

Sweet lineup. My summer reading schedule looks full.

Fadook 05-14-2007 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mason,

Can you comment on the differences / similarities between the Stox / Sucker books?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd certainly like to hear about this; when the Stox book came out I assumed that Zee had dropped out or something and this WiTHG was what I'd been waiting for. Obviously I've got nothing to go on but the title, but the Zee book sounds like it's covering very similar material to the Stox.

Gildwulf 05-17-2007 08:06 AM

I don't even play SNGs and I'm still going to buy all of these.

JSH06 05-19-2007 10:00 AM

2p2 should do a pot limit omaha book. There's not really any good books out there on it, probably because 2p2 hasn't made one.

fatgirl_lover 05-23-2007 06:31 AM

mason pay me a million dollars and i'll let you publish my book. matt flynn is a cool dude but he taught me poker too well, his book is for old timers you need to get on the bruiser bandwagon.

Bet-and-win88 05-23-2007 07:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
2p2 should do a pot limit omaha book.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree!
Harrington on Omaha, lol.
Seriously, I'd insta buy! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Gelford 05-23-2007 07:49 AM

Are you BUSTO bruiser ??

ImsaKidd 05-23-2007 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't even play SNGs and I'm still going to buy all of these.

[/ QUOTE ]

phydaux 05-23-2007 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you BUSTO bruiser ??

[/ QUOTE ]

Forget busto, how about ban-o?