Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Animal Situation (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=479634)

Jorge10 08-17-2007 02:46 AM

Animal Situation

My neighbor is a cop who had 2 dogs. He used to live with his wife and everything seemed ok. About two weeks ago his wife left him and took his kid. He stopped caring about life it seems because his house smells like crap and theres trash all over the front of it. We noticed that his dog kept crying and fed it a few times. We saw his wife yesterday because she came to pickup her stuff and she told us that he was no longer living in the house. She said that he was living elsewhere and would leave very soon to another state. She said she was no longer living there and was living with her parents. We said what about the dogs. She said the big one died recently. We assume this was of starvation and asked us if we wanted the small one that still lives. We said no, but that she should take him or let him loose or something. She didnt really listen to our advice and left. The dog is in the house next door with no one to care for it. Apparently the dogs had been like this for a while and thats probably why one died. So what do I do in this situation? The dude who lived there is a cop so if I call 911, which is what I was originially planning on doing, he might get in trouble and then I might get in trouble because I am sure as a cop he can find out who ratted him out for being a douche bag. So WTF should I do?

daryn 08-17-2007 02:48 AM

Re: Animal Situation

how long is "a while"? just call animal control, or the local spca or whatever and let them know the dog is there.

kevin017 08-17-2007 03:17 AM

is this your neighbor?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/VickwithDog.jpg

Victor 08-17-2007 03:20 AM

wtf, is that pictur real?

Full-Metall 08-17-2007 03:20 AM

Why do you think you'll get in trouble?

Jorge10 08-18-2007 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how long is "a while"? just call animal control, or the local spca or whatever and let them know the dog is there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Called them already, but the property has a wall around it. They havent done much.

Jorge10 08-18-2007 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
is this your neighbor?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/VickwithDog.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

Blarg 08-18-2007 06:06 PM

Why can't you make an anonymous call? Just leave the house.

LetItBe 08-18-2007 06:07 PM

Get the dog, drive it to the humane society/shelter. I fail to see what is so hard about it.

Jorge10 08-18-2007 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he is probably pissed and dealing with serious stuff. If I was him in his spot I would be pissed if I heard someone ratted me out for sucking at life.

GTL 08-18-2007 06:28 PM

uhhh, there are starving dogs in the house. save their life. don't worry about the cop getting pissed at you.

Blarg 08-18-2007 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he is probably pissed and dealing with serious stuff. If I was him in his spot I would be pissed if I heard someone ratted me out for sucking at life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't. Then again, I wouldn't such as as*hole that I let my dogs starve to death either.

tuq 08-18-2007 06:36 PM

Jorge,

Your time line seems busted. According to one of the first sentences of your OP, she left "around two weeks ago", and in that time the house has totally gone to hell, one dog has died of starvation, and the guy has moved out?

Effed up situation to be sure, but I don't understand how things went to hell so quickly.

Hoya 08-18-2007 06:51 PM

You should have said you would take the dog, and then driven it to a shelter.

At this point, call the cops/animal control.

Glo 08-18-2007 11:06 PM

Dammit, save that dog's life!!!!!!

Hell, where do you live, I'll friggin' go over there and get that dog myself. Be a man, help out the poor pup!!!

kurosh 08-18-2007 11:22 PM

You should be charged for animal cruelty or negligence or whatever it is. WTF is wrong with you? You KNOW there are dogs starving and dying and you come here to whine about what might happen to you? You're a baby. Grow up, man up and [censored] call someone.

mondo 08-19-2007 01:42 PM

OP, the right thing to do is to save the dog's life.... however you can. While it is most assuredly not your fault, imagine how badly you would feel if you do nothing and it dies. Please take the chance, and save an innocent animal's life. Thank you.

DMC0627 08-19-2007 02:10 PM

Defintitely have to help the dog. Call the local shelter, or Humane Society or ASPCA in your area.

wdcbooks 08-19-2007 02:27 PM

Seriously dude, how hard can this be. Call Animal Control, who are completely separate from the police. They will come get the dog and you have done your duty. Alternatively go get the dog and bring it to the shelter.

Glo 08-20-2007 06:59 PM

Dude, if this was a human, would you just sit by and watch as the he/she slowly dies???

Jorge10 08-22-2007 04:24 AM

I am feeding the dog at the moment everyday so far. You guys have to realize the dog is not abandoned technically. The guy left it there, but its still in his property and still technically his. My sister called the local humane society about 3 days ago and they havent showed up here, yet. Ill call them again tomorrow morning. I am getting tired of feeding it so I might just snap and steal the damn thing and take it to the shelter myself I was just trying to think of another way to help it.

EYEWHITES 08-22-2007 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am feeding the dog at the moment everyday so far. You guys have to realize the dog is not abandoned technically. The guy left it there, but its still in his property and still technically his. My sister called the local humane society about 3 days ago and they havent showed up here, yet. Ill call them again tomorrow morning. I am getting tired of feeding it so I might just snap and steal the damn thing and take it to the shelter myself I was just trying to think of another way to help it.

[/ QUOTE ]

if it was me.

i would keep the dog for a couple days. If the guy comes back you can just say you were looking after the dog while he was gone. If you end up liking the dog...the story takes care of itself.
If you feel bad about sending it to the shelter, spend like 10 dollars for a newspaper add, post some flyers for a free dog, ask all of your friends and tell them to ask there friends if they want a dog. A friend of mine did this had the dog for about 2 weeks.
If you dont feel bad about taking it to a shelter with the possibility of it getting put to sleep, keep it 3-5 days, if he doesnt show up...so be it

luckyjimm 08-22-2007 07:00 AM

Your neighbour deserves a world of pain for leaving a dog like that. Do what you can to save the dog and get the [censored] owner in trouble, without a second's thought.

Jorge10 08-22-2007 04:58 PM

My neighbor realized that the dog was kind of important and came back for it. He took the dog yesterday. So its all good.

Glo 08-22-2007 05:21 PM

Thanks for takin' care of 'em. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]