Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   D Negreanu online vr live LOL (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=544601)

megacatracho 11-12-2007 08:08 PM

D Negreanu online vr live LOL

lol at the end imitating online players rofl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgLvTZf9i9A

STA654 11-12-2007 08:12 PM

Re: D Negreanu online vr live LOL

I like his Brian Townsend impression at the end there.

warrantofice 11-12-2007 08:12 PM

snorting around girls hotter than you

[ ] + EV
[x} - EV

J_V 11-12-2007 08:15 PM

I think everything he says is right on in this video.

jmill2511 11-12-2007 08:17 PM

Yea I think he's pretty on point here for the most part.

Daddy Warbucks 11-12-2007 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think everything he says is right on in this video.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i wouldn't stake Scotty Nguyen online either, baby!

lippy 11-12-2007 08:20 PM

I don't want to slander him, but I really get the impression that DN is high on cocaine on that video. He most assuredly isn't, but it damn sure seems like it.

toss 11-12-2007 08:25 PM

Last part is really good. Solid video overall. 8/10

gbporkpie 11-12-2007 08:25 PM

Haaa I was already shaping a nice negative post in my mind about how it's the same game and live players just suck etc..

BUT

that was pretty damn funny lol.

Also you just have to appreciate Daniel's honesty. Always speaks his mind.

ALSO.. Amanda Leatherman is soooo cute.

sh58 11-12-2007 08:30 PM

daniel is great

the woman was awful. annette_15 the only online player who is good live.... oh dear

i agreed with everything he said

d2themfi 11-12-2007 08:34 PM

yeah good video, DN speaks the truth

Daddy Warbucks 11-12-2007 08:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

the woman was awful. annette_15 the only online player who is good live.... oh dear

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, what other woman has had significant success in recent years? I think on Poker Road they said she's already the winningest female tournament player ever between online and live, and thats only in 3 years.

Ansky 11-12-2007 08:39 PM

I'm impressed... Solid interview.

Alobar 11-12-2007 08:47 PM

good interview. I like how the chick interviewing him is stupid, and instead of just kinda catering to her like most people getting interviewed do, he actually just runs her over and says what he means.

linuxrocks 11-12-2007 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LiveNow 11-12-2007 08:51 PM

lol @ DN's jacket.

sh58 11-12-2007 08:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, what other woman has had significant success in recent years? I think on Poker Road they said she's already the winningest female tournament player ever between online and live, and thats only in 3 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't doubt she is good, but there are other internet players who win money live as well.

i also didn't say anything about women

Daddy Warbucks 11-12-2007 08:55 PM

Oops, completely misread.

SIThomer 11-12-2007 08:56 PM

first off how do you know her name.. but your right solid 10.
as for daniel he's either on drugs or actually nervous around this woman... either way great interview

Wolitzer 11-12-2007 09:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lego05 11-12-2007 09:12 PM

Well obviously she thought DN was getting at that online players aren't necessarily good live cause they can't spot tells....she then said it first to look smart and mostly jump the conversation to the point that he is taking so long to get to. Of course it's a stupid conclusion, stupid thing to say and DN was not getting at that at all.

Also she doesn't seem to be much of an interviewer and doesn't seem to know jack about poker, but she is hot as hell.

From DN the end was a little insulting and would be unless he's your friend and then w/e friends do that to each other. Overall though I thought it was very good and everything he said is correct.

mused01 11-12-2007 09:14 PM

My respect for Negraenu has been upped after this interview.

silkyjonson 11-12-2007 09:14 PM

He's spot on.

ZJ123 11-12-2007 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ASPoker8 11-12-2007 09:19 PM

Daniel's starting to get it!

Everything he said is pretty right

beanie 11-12-2007 09:20 PM

Amanda knows a lot about poker and will do a phenomenal job in that role. It also doesn't hurt that she is attractive.

If you don't think Amanda knows a lot about poker you clearly haven't been around awhile. Her interviews for PokerWire were always good and she always got to the right people.

What Daniel doesn't mention is that guys like Scotty aren't playing the best in the world, in fact, they are often playing guys that aren't very good. The game selection available to the biggest live players would baffle people.

quietstorm 11-12-2007 09:21 PM

The "stupid" interviewer is actually Sebok's girlfriend. He knows her name because she is one of the shows on Sebok's new website.

Lego05 11-12-2007 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Amanda knows a lot about poker and will do a phenomenal job in that role. It also doesn't hurt that she is attractive.

If you don't think Amanda knows a lot about poker you clearly haven't been around awhile. Her interviews for PokerWire were always good and she always got to the right people.

What Daniel doesn't mention is that guys like Scotty aren't playing the best in the world, in fact, they are often playing guys that aren't very good. The game selection available to the biggest live players would baffle people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was basing my opinion on the interviewer from this one interview (and in fact just those 2 min. in the clip - I don't know if there was more) since I never wtahc any of these. From this one interview she looked lost, knew very little, and let DN dominate the interview. - meaning that she barely asked any questions and didn't ask any insightful ones near give any meaningful commenst or anything. It was basically a DN talk show.

And yea that is a good point that I was thinkign when DN was talking abotu Scotty. The things he mentioned definitely help Scotty live but the biggest reason he wins live really is that the average live player is way way worse than the average online player especially at the levels that he plays.

beanie 11-12-2007 09:26 PM

You put Kenny Tran vs. Brian Townsend live and it wouldn't be a fair fight. Kenny would crush him live.

In fact, the edge Kenny would have over Brian live would be substantially more than Brian's edge against him online.

I am pretty sure Kenny wouldn't turn down a match like this given what I have heard.

Lego05 11-12-2007 09:30 PM

I don't think anybody would CRUSH Townsend live.

I also doubt you really know enough about them to really know who would have an edge and how big it would be.

I know that I don't know enough.

wet work 11-12-2007 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't want to slander him, but I really get the impression that DN is high on cocaine on that video. He most assuredly isn't, but it damn sure seems like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously doubt it. His eyes aren't even dilated a little bit.

leatherass 11-12-2007 09:43 PM

I thought that was a great interview and what he says makes good sense. Nice work DN.

Cjmunky2 11-12-2007 09:46 PM

Yea most of kennys skill is from reading players live. Townsend is more of a technical (what is the most plus Ev play) kind of guy. PS that girl is so hot I don't care if she knows anything about poker. I give Sebok more props for taking down hot chicks than major tounaments.

Jman28 11-12-2007 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely a good interview. I'm not surprised though. DN is a really smart dude.

beanie 11-12-2007 09:53 PM

Ok, maybe you are right but I heard that Kenny wanted to do a 500-1000 blind game vs. Brian when they were both in London.

I could really care less about who has an edge but I think most people would like Kenny's side of it.

SuperSnort 11-12-2007 10:16 PM

hold the time at 2:10 with your mouse while playing, he looks like a pig

tme03 11-12-2007 10:47 PM

Full interview is on pokerroad.com

Inside the Poker Mind section.

Pretty Interesting.

jmill2511 11-12-2007 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You put Kenny Tran vs. Brian Townsend live and it wouldn't be a fair fight. Kenny would crush him live.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, I mean there's no way an online player is capable of making the necessary adjustments in a live game setting. I'm sure Brian would crack an oreo or giggle uncontrollably every time he has the nuts in a live game.

john voight 11-12-2007 11:08 PM

DN is a pimp, no way to spin it, thats just how it is

dibbs 11-12-2007 11:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even want to think about the probable onslaught of fanboys that are gonna come out of the woodwork to respond to this.