Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   PLEASE HELP Missing Person from the forum (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=444828)

burtonbl103 07-06-2007 09:08 PM

PLEASE HELP Missing Person from the forum

PLEASE HELP
Here was his last post on here on tuesday
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...part=1&vc=1

Member here Welladjusted06 has gone missing from las Vegas since 7/2/07
His name is Mike Holt
If anyone her has seen him or played with him in this poker tournament please help
here are a few links and there thread from another forum that is on .
His family has contact the authorities and very worried
http://www.sshomecinema.com/MIKE%20HOLT.doc

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show...post1560962760

Homer 07-06-2007 09:27 PM

Re: PLEASE HELP Missing Person from the forum

Is there a way for mods to check if any other usernames posted from the same IP as his last post on or after 7/2? Sometimes people make posts from an anonymous account when they want to discuss something embarrassing/private. I'm grasping at straws, but who knows. Good luck in finding him.

edit -- Also, perhaps a mod can check his PM's.

burtonbl103 07-06-2007 09:31 PM

Thanks

One of the mods just log in as him on theCF to see if he had any pms!

I hope they find him soon !

cpitt398 07-06-2007 09:38 PM

burton, I read the thread over at the cORVETTE forum you posted and think you should post the pictures that were posted over there and post them in this thread. If someoen from here is going to recognize him, it probably wont be from his name but his face

ajohnson16 07-06-2007 09:39 PM

Maybe one of the mods can pin this in B&M or MTTc, seeing as how a bunch of those forum regulars are in Vegas?

Hope everything comes out okay.

burtonbl103 07-06-2007 09:41 PM

http://a633.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...e878d28240.jpg
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-6/29571/holt12.jpg

burtonbl103 07-06-2007 09:41 PM

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2002-6/29571/holt13.jpg

Thanks

Lord_Strife 07-06-2007 09:46 PM

Wow this is super scary... I played poker with him about four months ago, but I haven't really spoken with him much sense. He's played with me in Tampa before but he was always so busy on the road and traveling that we didn't have much time to run it back. I think I still have his phone number and I'm going to give him a call anyways (even though I'm sure everyone has already done that a 1000 times)

Good luck in finding him, I hope everything is okay!

Lord_Strife 07-06-2007 09:48 PM

"The voice mail box for 'Michael Holt' is full and cannot accept message at this time..."

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

burtonbl103 07-06-2007 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"The voice mail box for 'Michael Holt' is full and cannot accept message at this time..."

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone has been calling his cell !! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

thanks for the info

flavio321 07-06-2007 09:53 PM

hope that he met a summer vegas fling. after all, he's been avoiding people for 4 days only. it's pretty standard in vegas. lets not get too worried.

marty_palin 07-06-2007 09:56 PM

I think you need to be gone longer than 5 days to be classed as missing. Dont worry about it, he's probably sleeping it off somewhere!

burtonbl103 07-06-2007 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hope that he met a summer vegas fling. after all, he's been avoiding people for 4 days only. it's pretty standard in vegas. lets not get too worried.

[/ QUOTE ]

We are all hoping for that !!!

but he left all his personal effects in his hotel room and did not checkout, did not return his rental car ontime and missed a flight home for work.
and his cell phone is off and now the voicemail is full

JackOfSpeed 07-06-2007 09:56 PM

this probably isn't much help, but the first picture looks like someone I played with in a mega-satellite on the night of the 2nd. unfortunately, people with sunglasses tend to make people harder to distinguish.

i saw the guy again near the single table satellite area, and i think (but am not sure) that his sunglasses were off at this point, but he didn't seem to look too similar to either of the other pictures you posted (definitely not the third one, only a little like the 2nd one). we talked briefly, since i had busted him out of the mega-sat -- he had just won a $525 single table satellite for $5,000 and chopped for $2k or so in another one, so he jokingly thanked me for busting him out of the mega. seemed in pretty good spirits, although he was very serious at the table. (just a rough guess, but i think this exchange was somewhere in the neighborhood of 11:30 pm on the 2nd.)

that's all i've got, and i doubt it will help at all, but he seemed like a nice guy so, if it is the same fella you're looking for, i hope everything is all right with him.

EDIT -- I'm actually pretty sure this exchange was on the night of the 3rd, not the 2nd. But I have been playing a lot of poker over the last week, and am not 100% sure. Sorry.

Lord_Strife 07-06-2007 09:58 PM

Honestly Jack, your description of him was dead on from what I recall at the table... very serious but with good spirits

WHoSBeTTaTHaNuS 07-06-2007 09:58 PM

doesn't sound good [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

burtonbl103 07-06-2007 10:03 PM

Thanks for the info

JackOfSpeed 07-06-2007 10:06 PM

burton - after looking back at my calendar, i'm pretty sure this exchange was on the night of the 3rd. wanted to make sure you didn't miss that from my edit.

burtonbl103 07-06-2007 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
burton - after looking back at my calendar, i'm pretty sure this exchange was on the night of the 3rd. wanted to make sure you didn't miss that from my edit.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks !!!!

J.A.K. 07-06-2007 10:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe one of the mods can pin this in B&M or MTTc, seeing as how a bunch of those forum regulars are in Vegas?

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked Entertainme to sticky in WSOP forum but I do not know protocol for these things. You may want to repost there. Good luck and keep us updated.

flavio321 07-06-2007 10:18 PM

are you in vegas now? if not, go to vegas and get a good concierge or a host with good connections to find out some info. he'll contact PI's and pawn shops to see if any items that he might have had were sold recently. they can help out more than the police sometimes. good luck.

burtonbl103 07-06-2007 10:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked Entertainme to sticky in WSOP forum but I do not know protocol for these things. You may want to repost there. Good luck and keep us updated.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks
which forum is that ?
link

J.A.K. 07-06-2007 10:21 PM

Tournament Circuit/WSOP

Rzitup 07-06-2007 10:38 PM

burton,
I hope you find your friend alive and well.
I saw that you posted on the CF that someone did see him on the 3rd. I wouldn’t assume that the other posters possible sighting is accurate. As he said himself, a few of the pictures “look like him”, but that’s it. Unfortunately your friend looks like about 70% of the people here at the WSOP; middle aged white male with sunglasses.

Scanning the results of the WSOP tournaments probably won’t lead you anywhere. I did a quick search and didn’t find where he cashed in any WSOP events or make any of the day 2 chip counts.
Where you might have some luck is with the WSOP registration people. Every player that plays in an official event (tournament or satellite) has to get a Total Rewards card from Harrah’s. They then use that card to register for a tournament/satellite. The registration system tracks all of the events a player registers/pays for. They should be able to pull his name up and tell you what he paid for. That doesn’t mean he actually played in the event though, and unfortunately there is no way to know what he actually did pay for.
From his post on 2+2 it appears he definitely played in Event 49, which started on June 30th. He did not make day 2 of that event, and the tone of his post makes it sound like he busted out during the second level, which would have been between 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. on June 30th.

Cat 07-06-2007 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he left all his personal effects in his hotel room and did not checkout, did not return his rental car ontime and missed a flight home for work.
and his cell phone is off and now the voicemail is full

[/ QUOTE ]

That must be very worrying for his friends and family. I really hope everything turns out ok and it's just some temporary Vegas madness. Please let us know how it turns out.

burtonbl103 07-06-2007 10:47 PM

burton,
I hope you find your friend alive and well.
I saw that you posted on the CF that someone did see him on the 3rd. I wouldn’t assume that the other posters possible sighting is accurate. As he said himself, a few of the pictures “look like him”, but that’s it. Unfortunately your friend looks like about 70% of the people here at the WSOP; middle aged white male with sunglasses.

Scanning the results of the WSOP tournaments probably won’t lead you anywhere. I did a quick search and didn’t find where he cashed in any WSOP events or make any of the day 2 chip counts.
Where you might have some luck is with the WSOP registration people. Every player that plays in an official event (tournament or satellite) has to get a Total Rewards card from Harrah’s. They then use that card to register for a tournament/satellite. The registration system tracks all of the events a player registers/pays for. They should be able to pull his name up and tell you what he paid for. That doesn’t mean he actually played in the event though, and unfortunately there is no way to know what he actually did pay for.
From his post on 2+2 it appears he definitely played in Event 49, which started on June 30th. He did not make day 2 of that event, and the tone of his post makes it sound like he busted out during the second level, which would have been between 1:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. on June 30th.

thanks
that is a great idea
I did not know that harrahs runs the the poker tour

JackOfSpeed 07-06-2007 10:58 PM

Yes, I still think it's more likely than not I saw someone else, given that 2 of the three pictures don't look particularly familiar. But Lord_strife had me thinking I might have actually had seen the guy you are talking about. Hoping for the best either way.

blutarski 07-07-2007 12:09 AM

Obv. the police have been notified?

2+2'er lostsoul is a PI, you might want to pm him for some advice.

What were the circumstances that he was seen last? Was he drunk, carrying a bunch of cash. What was he wearing? Where was he staying?

entertainme 07-07-2007 12:37 AM

I posted a sticky in the Tournament forum.

I hope it turns out he's OK.

luckbalks 07-07-2007 01:11 AM

"His Hertz rental car has not been returned"

It's pretty common for all rental cars to have GPS nowadays. I rented a car in Vegas from another rental company and it had GPS. The car would completely turn off if you went into Mexico.

ACG2x 07-07-2007 01:25 AM

Not currently in Vegas so unfortunately I can't be of much assistance other than keeping good thoughts, which I'm definitely doing.

Definitely let us know how it turns out, hope all goes well.

fleece_me 07-07-2007 03:17 AM

All cell phones have GPS. I would get a court order ordering the cell phone company to turn over all records from their towers and calling info for the last week. They probably won't give it to you without the court order and good luck getting the police to do any work. They can tell you any calls he made and what towers they were routed through.

Cornell Fiji 07-07-2007 03:28 AM

It sounds like hiring a PI might be your best play as they will know to do things like (and will have a system in place to be able to) check his cell phone call location, check the GPS on his rental, check his players card activity, check his credit card activity, check his internet history, and a million other things that we will not think of.

Even though I fear the worst I hope for the best for you and your family. Mike will be in my thoughts and I hope for his safe return.

Steve

PokeReader 07-07-2007 03:34 AM

They used to do this without court orders, but after the problems with pretexting, (dialing up to get access to cell-phone bills, despite not being the owner), they now are much stricter. I would be sure to push this if I was his family, as Vegas PD, will probably discount this in a gambler's case. Make sure they do appropriate follow-up with the cellphone, rental car, and personal belongings. Time is of the essence.

okterrific 07-07-2007 06:05 AM

I hope the guy just needed some "alone time" and needed to take a long weekend away from everything. Gl to his family.

PokeReader 07-07-2007 08:58 AM

This is an update from the corvette board

At approximately 0130 hours, Michael's rent-a-car was found abandoned in AZ. 90 miles from Las Vegas.

According to the Sheriff's Deputy I spoke to at 0300 hours, they were responding to the scene to examine the car, and to recover a note that stated the car had broken down. Unfortunately, Michael did not have his cell phone as it was recovered in his hotel room.

The Deputy will be contacting me this morning with information on the note, and if they were able to locate Michael.

Please keep the good thoughts and prayers flowing

I will update as soon as I have more info.

His cell phone was found in his hotel room with his belongings, but not his wallet. The car was found by a hunter, sounds like it may have been off the road. They are having the note autheticated by his family. If anyone knows about his state of mind, (helping with judgemets as to whether he might have done this albeit out of character but voluntarily), please post here or on the Corvette board. Thanks.

PokeReader 07-07-2007 10:28 AM

Another update, doesn't look great. I now appears he went for a drive off-roading in AZ, (he does this frequently). When the car broke down, he found out he had forgotten his cell phone, although service there is sketchy at best. They have yet to recover the car the hunter found, (don't have exact location and no GPS in car), but it is a long way from anywhere, (major road, residence, or business). After they find the car they will initate S+R operations. Not the best news. Good luck to him and his family.

bettyqs 07-07-2007 10:50 AM

this is so sad, I hope he is ok and found soon.

MissT74 07-07-2007 12:05 PM

Wow, my prayers to him and the family. I am very familiar with the whereabouts of where they found the car since I live in Kingman, he had to have gone off roading between here and Vegas. It's been pretty hot in this area for the past 3 days, getting up to 112 in some parts. Updates appreciated and hopefully he's OK.

T

cpitt398 07-07-2007 12:08 PM

just read on the corvette forum that his body was found. He died of exposure