Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   About the Forums (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   My first ban (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=524150)

Wynton 10-16-2007 10:44 AM

My first ban

So the other day, I received my first ban here (a 12-hour ban) for posting something at OOT that belonged in the computer forum. This makes me wonder two things.

First, I wonder how many here have been similarly banned or suspended. Second, I wonder what my reaction should be:

Suigin406 10-16-2007 10:45 AM

Re: My first ban

nt has banned me at least once for drunken posting, also think i've been banned another time by another mod for the same reason...

NT! 10-16-2007 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
About the Forums. Any issues relating to forum rules, moderation, locks, bans, etc. Do not post about these in OOT, you will get banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

(from the sticky)

NT! 10-16-2007 10:51 AM

oh wait was this originally in OOT or ATF? sorry i am pretty drunk...

pvn 10-16-2007 10:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL doublestandardaments

By-Tor 10-16-2007 10:52 AM

voted never

10-16-2007 11:23 AM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Yeti 10-16-2007 11:25 AM

mods can't ban other mods duh. if they could i would have already gone on a rampage and been let go

Wynton 10-16-2007 11:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nt has banned me at least once for drunken posting, also think i've been banned another time by another mod for the same reason...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait a second. I have a hard time believing there is a rule against posting drunk. You must have violated some other rule, as the result of being drunk.

Next you'll tell me there's a rule against stupid posts.

Wynton 10-16-2007 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mods can't ban other mods duh. if they could i would have already gone on a rampage and been let go

[/ QUOTE ]

And now I finally realize why people want to be mods.

kipin 10-16-2007 11:37 AM

If you are banned you just need to do some back door politicking and get yourself unbanned.

Either that or don't suck and get banned in the first place.

(I normally go with the former)

*TT* 10-16-2007 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SOMEBODY GIVE NT! A FIVE MINUTE BAN FOR POSTING DRUNK!

I will seriously send $200 to any mod who bans him for even the smallest amount of time...so he can be the only mod to ever been temp-bannned from 2+2

[/ QUOTE ]

I am temp-banned quite often and I am a mod. I am Mat Sklansky's chew toy. Watch... I bet i am temp banned today just for saying this [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Last time he banned me for not trying to pick up a hula-girl. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

*TT* 10-16-2007 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are banned you just need to do some back door politicking and get yourself unbanned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or just wait 24 hours for the ban to be cleared LDO.

kipin 10-16-2007 01:02 PM

IMO, FWIW, Back door politicking is more exciting TBH LDO.

tuq 10-16-2007 01:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
At 10:51 AM EDT, NT! noted that he was "pretty drunk". Ah, nothing like a day drink on a Tuesday. I'm jealous.

katyseagull 10-16-2007 01:43 PM

lol, Wynton. Serves you right for not posting in the Lounge anymore. (we miss you [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )

Did you fire off some angry emails to the appropriate people?

mbillie1 10-16-2007 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait a second. I have a hard time believing there is a rule against posting drunk. You must have violated some other rule, as the result of being drunk.

Next you'll tell me there's a rule against stupid posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

posting drunk is fine... stupid posts (in OOT at least) are usually deleted / banninated at NT!'s will

Dan. 10-16-2007 02:08 PM

The correct reaction is to create another account so that you can continue doing whatever it was that got you banned.

Jeff_B 10-16-2007 02:13 PM

No no when you get banned youre supposed to ACTUALLY PLAY poker and make some money.. usually the only time I'm really concentrating is when I have read all my regular forusm and not browsing while playing..

Suigin406 10-16-2007 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The correct reaction is to create another account so that you can continue doing whatever it was that got you banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what i did after my first account was closed, i simply created another one...but i post goot now

nath 10-16-2007 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
10/16/07 09:51 AM

[/ QUOTE ]
ah, the heart of a champion

CallMeIshmael 10-16-2007 07:08 PM

Its 10:51 AM in a real man's timezone

nath 10-16-2007 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't give me your east coast bias bull [censored]

Five-Star 10-16-2007 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't give me your east coast bias bull [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.magneticmediafed.com/wp-c...i_topstory.jpg

Yanks and Sawwwks

Bobo Fett 10-16-2007 08:51 PM

The Red Sox I know...who is this other team you speak of?

XXXNoahXXX 10-16-2007 09:03 PM

I got stars and tempbans for a bunch of crap.

-Posting this photo which contains a glimpse of nipple apparently.

-arguing with someone in a thread

-calling for someone to get a star

-insulting the south

-bunch of other stuff

NT! eventually "permabanned" me and would not give in to repeated requests to unban me. Finally, he gave in and put me on super probation, basically he was looking for a reason to ban me.

Since then I've apparently become slightly less retarded and haven't been banned since.

(not counting some times when I request tempbans so I can focus on school work.)

Wynton 10-16-2007 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

(not counting some times when I request tempbans so I can focus on school work.)

[/ QUOTE ]

You can request tempbans? And people really do this?

XXXNoahXXX 10-16-2007 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am an awful procrastinator, and I have done it a couple times when I have a paper or something due. Just PMd a mod requesting a certain length ban. Usually I just end up finding other things to eat up my time and aid in my procrastination, but it helps.

metsandfinsfan 10-16-2007 09:54 PM

i got a * for posting about my earache .. and people posted some funny pics with wax and stuff .. but nt *ed me for it anyway ... and i was depressed

then daryn tempbanned me for typing "*" under a retarted post someone made (yeah i know its in the sticky)

so yeah its lame .. but its no big deal

pvn 10-16-2007 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of politards have done it. Some on a regular basis.

Case Closed 10-16-2007 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am an awful procrastinator, and I have done it a couple times when I have a paper or something due. Just PMd a mod requesting a certain length ban. Usually I just end up finding other things to eat up my time and aid in my procrastination, but it helps.

[/ QUOTE ]
You sound just like me. I probably should just quit 2p2 and focus on real life....but that won't happen.

Wynton 10-17-2007 09:19 AM

I just want to make the observation that - based on this very scientific poll - there sure is a lot of banning going on.

RedRover 10-17-2007 09:30 AM

You should start a tireless campaign to stop all these bans. Make lots of posts in all caps and stuff. This stuff shouldn't be allowed to happen. It's like Nazi Germany here!!!!!!!!! HAVENT THESE PEOPLE EVER HEARD OF FREE SPEECH?!?!?!

Wynton 10-17-2007 09:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You should start a tireless campaign to stop all these bans. Make lots of posts in all caps and stuff. This stuff shouldn't be allowed to happen. It's like Nazi Germany here!!!!!!!!! HAVENT THESE PEOPLE EVER HEARD OF FREE SPEECH?!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

To the contrary, my first reaction is to wonder how sick this place would be with no banning at all. There should be a place where people can go to view all the objectionable posts.

ChipWrecked 10-17-2007 10:04 AM

Dynasty banned me once for posting a Bettie Page pic in OOT. I thought that was cool because after all these years, Bettie is still too hawt for The Man.

*TT* 10-17-2007 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To the contrary, my first reaction is to wonder how sick this place would be with no banning at all. There should be a place where people can go to view all the objectionable posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

dibitter?

Labarde 10-17-2007 11:03 AM

Dids banned me for posting pictures of pumpkins

NT! 10-17-2007 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I will seriously send $200 to any mod who bans him for even the smallest amount of time...so he can be the only mod to ever been temp-bannned from 2+2

[/ QUOTE ]

i have actually been temp banned (while still a mod)... it wasn't that long ago, i asked ryan to do it

NT! 10-17-2007 01:15 PM

oh and yes, i probably ban a few people every month at their own request

and guys obv i was still drunk from the night before, it wasn't like i woke up and started drinking

i did start drinking at lunch today though... man grad school rules

tuq 10-17-2007 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and guys obv i was still drunk from the night before, it wasn't like i woke up and started drinking

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you remember calling me names?