Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   College Football Week 6 (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=515877)

TruFloridaGator 10-04-2007 09:06 PM

College Football Week 6

Maybe I am blind but no discussion the [censored]/Cats game?

Go SOS!

MyTurn2Raise 10-04-2007 09:07 PM

Re: College Football Week 6

i was just looking for this

mr no-int just throw a horrible one at the gamecock goalline

Russ M. 10-04-2007 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored]/Cats

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahahaha

TruFloridaGator 10-04-2007 09:08 PM

Yeah, Woodson is awesome but that was just horrific.

TruFloridaGator 10-04-2007 09:08 PM

Gamecocks/Cats ftw?

TruFloridaGator 10-04-2007 09:09 PM

USCe's D looks very slow at times, I'm not sure how they do so well.

TruFloridaGator 10-04-2007 09:22 PM

I love College Football, great game to get the week started on Thursday.

Gregatron 10-04-2007 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was just looking for this

mr no-int just throw a horrible one at the gamecock goalline

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, he is making some bad decisions. This is really uncharacteristic of Woodson. I think someone really knocked the [censored] out of him and scrambled his brains.

TruFloridaGator 10-04-2007 09:47 PM

HOLY [censored]

MyTurn2Raise 10-04-2007 09:47 PM

bye bye Heisman

TruFloridaGator 10-04-2007 09:48 PM

Tebow >> Woodson [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

MyTurn2Raise 10-04-2007 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope the winky eye means this is a joke

Needle77 10-04-2007 09:55 PM

I like these stretch plays that UK is using. USCe's DE's are running wild.

TruFloridaGator 10-04-2007 09:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i hope the winky eye means this is a joke

[/ QUOTE ]

LDO, I'm just jabbing at UK fans that think Woodson is the best ever.

Needle77 10-04-2007 10:03 PM

Rut Roh UK.

VayaConDios 10-04-2007 10:07 PM

WTF is this nonsense where Spurrier is calling in plays with < 10 seconds left on the play clock.

UATrewqaz 10-04-2007 10:09 PM

Kentucky completely destroying themselves with stupid turnovers.

1. Fumble returned for TD (+7 SC)
2. Interception thrown in endzone (-3 or -7 UK)
3. Fumble returned for TD (+7 SC)
4. Fumbled punt at mid-field (-3 UK prob)

MyTurn2Raise 10-04-2007 10:26 PM

jesus....Little fumbles the handoff on a likely TD

this team just doesn't want to win

TruFloridaGator 10-04-2007 10:28 PM

I don't think they are doing it on purpose. Not this season at least.

Gregatron 10-04-2007 10:30 PM

Unfortunate physical mistake. Even the best players make them sometime.

MyTurn2Raise 10-04-2007 10:57 PM

shouldn't Kentucky have gone for 2 down 31-22 with 6:59 left to play???

Riverman 10-04-2007 10:59 PM

fndskjlgnljgalsjdasjl why do they always do the retard XP?????????????

orange 10-04-2007 11:35 PM

SC's defense looked really physical. Scary to think what JB would have added had he still been able to play.

So many good games this weekend.

12:00am Wisc/Illi

3:30pm OU/Texas

3:30pm UGA/Tenn

6:00pm VT/Clemson

8:00pm tOSU/Purdue

8:00pm Cincy/Rutgers

8:30pm LSU/UF

9:15pm NE/Mizzou

happy gaming fellas, this is going to be one crazy weekend!

Gregatron 10-04-2007 11:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shouldn't Kentucky have gone for 2 down 31-22 with 6:59 left to play???

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure how coaches can not understand this. I mean, you have to go for two eventually, so knowing whether you need one or two more scores earlier as opposed to later seems to help you make appropriate in game decisions re: clock management. What's next, taking the ball first during for OT?

pvn 10-05-2007 01:22 AM

Can we safely post here? This thread is the only one in the forum that doesn't contain "***" or "OFFICIAL" or "thread" in the thread title.

damaniac 10-05-2007 01:30 AM

I'm looking forward to a thrilling 7 point win over Eastern Michigan this weekend. We'll run every first down into 9 (and maybe even 10 or 11) man-fronts because we're Michigan and that's what we do! Taking advantage of what you're giving us is so unsporting. The only thing that makes this season remotely bearable is the assumption that 1) Lloyd is retiring and 2) that Les Miles is basically the worst-case scenario for a replacement. If Bill Martin even entertains the thought, even in jest, of interviewing DeBord he should be summarily executed.

Uh, I mean, what a great weekend of football! Carry on everyone!

Needle77 10-05-2007 04:14 PM

Ok guys help me out here.

I just got off the phone with the Pops and he got tickets to the Pitt @ RU game in November. He got on the topic of how much he hates Schiano and wishes he left for Miami. I have made my pro-Schiano posts on here but there are a few things that I strongly dislike about him. The Navy incident back in 03 that really made me mad, the hopping up and down on the Louisville symbol in 05 which led to the Cardinals pounding RU into nothingness, the trusting Ito countless times vs Illinois, and the infamous day that New Hampshire beat the crap out of a D1A program called Rutgers University.

He was saying how much he used to enjoy going to games even though there were only 12,000 people there and 10,000 were wearing the away teams colors and the student section was barren. Don't get me wrong we both love having a team that wins in NJ, and Schiano did have something to do with that bringing in those South Florida recruits and having a decent defense. But, obviously the team was carried by Clark Harris and Brian Leonard the past two years and not Greg Schiano.

With that said, is it so wrong for us in Jersey to want Schiano gone even though he has led Rutgers to a top 10 ranking, 2 consecutive seasons to bowl games, and one ending in a bowl win?

capone0 10-05-2007 04:16 PM

Rofl. Are you serious. Who in the world wants a loser team that barely wins 2 games a year over a competitive team that can compete for the conference title year in and year out.

damaniac 10-05-2007 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok guys help me out here.

I just got off the phone with the Pops and he got tickets to the Pitt @ RU game in November. He got on the topic of how much he hates Schiano and wishes he left for Miami. I have made my pro-Schiano posts on here but there are a few things that I strongly dislike about him. The Navy incident back in 03 that really made me mad, the hopping up and down on the Louisville symbol in 05 which led to the Cardinals pounding RU into nothingness, the trusting Ito countless times vs Illinois, and the infamous day that New Hampshire beat the crap out of a D1A program called Rutgers University.

He was saying how much he used to enjoy going to games even though there were only 12,000 people there and 10,000 were wearing the away teams colors and the student section was barren. Don't get me wrong we both love having a team that wins in NJ, and Schiano did have something to do with that bringing in those South Florida recruits and having a decent defense. But, obviously the team was carried by Clark Harris and Brian Leonard the past two years and not Greg Schiano.

With that said, is it so wrong for us in Jersey to want Schiano gone even though he has led Rutgers to a top 10 ranking, 2 consecutive seasons to bowl games, and one ending in a bowl win?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not understanding this. You're either saying that you just don't like winning, or now that your program has the first whiff of success it's gotten since...maybe ever, you're already spoiled and have decided this isn't good enough and you can do better? I must be reading this wrong, because both of those theories are utterly asinine.

Needle77 10-05-2007 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rofl. Are you serious. Who in the world wants a loser team that barely wins 2 games a year over a competitive team that can compete for the conference title year in and year out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I would much rather the conference title runs. But, I really am not sure if Schiano was the reason they got this good all of a sudden nor do I believe that this run is gonna last past this year.I almost feel now that Schiano is not good for the program. But, I feel guilty about this considering he showed so much loyalty in staying and not going to Miami, so are the fans obligated to show loyalty back?

MyTurn2Raise 10-05-2007 04:24 PM

i hate Schiano

he had his team faking injuries at Champaign a few years ago to slow down the Illini no huddle that was torching his D in the second half.

It was a real bush league thing to do. Fans finally started boing every time there was an injury timeout, which is very uncharacteristic for midwest fans to do. It would be injury timeout, the player misses one snap after rolling on the field for a few minutes, and then comes back in the game.

Anyway, I'm conflicted on the whole Rutgers thing. I'm not sure it's healthy for the sport if NYC gets a big rooting interest.
But, it's always nice to see legit contenders emerging, especially from the Big East. I thought the Big East might disappear after Miami, V Tech, and BC bolted. I'm glad there is some competition in it now, so WVU and L'Ville don't just pile up wins as L'ville did in C-USA.

on point,
you're crazy if you wished Schiano was gone. While I think there were many outside considerations that ensured Rutgers would improve (Penn St becoming a midwest school instead of an Eastern school, the demise of Notre Dame, and the exposure for mid-level college teams), Schiano has done above average.

Needle77 10-05-2007 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not understanding this. You're either saying that you just don't like winning, or now that your program has the first whiff of success it's gotten since...maybe ever, you're already spoiled and have decided this isn't good enough and you can do better? I must be reading this wrong, because both of those theories are utterly asinine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry that post was a lot of rambling, was finishing reading something for class at the same time but wanted to get it out while I was thinking.

Pretty much its the loyalty thing, considering the only program that most Jersey people associate with other than RU is PSU, and well they have had the same coach for 40 years. I remember people calling for Schiano's head after he wouldn't let the midshipmen march, and then 05 comes and he is a god amongst men with the bowl vs ASU. I know winning fixes a lot but there can't be enough said that Leonard and Harris carried the team those couple of years and Schiano was a huge benefactor of that.

So are fans required to stay loyal to this guy?

Needle77 10-05-2007 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

on point,
you're crazy if you wished Schiano was gone.
While I think there were many outside considerations that ensured Rutgers would improve (Penn St becoming a midwest school instead of an Eastern school, the demise of Notre Dame, and the exposure for mid-level college teams), Schiano has done above average.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll agree, maybe its reading the RU forum's ripping Schiano for losing to Maryland/me still being pissed that they lost to Maryland.

I just remember disliking him tremendously after 04/that UofI game that you referred to, then only getting mad at him for the UL jumping thing later that year. And that is the only times I've really been upset since the start of 05. I just thought it was very hypocritical of me to despise him as a coach one year and then find myself defending him 2 years later.

Austiger 10-05-2007 05:13 PM

The grass is always greener. It's life of a college football fan. Schiano was a coach of the year candidate last year. One loss into '07 and you want him gone? That is really inconceivable to me, even as an Auburn fan.

pvn 10-05-2007 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The grass is always greener. It's life of a college football fan. Schiano was a coach of the year candidate last year. One loss into '07 and you want him gone? That is really inconceivable to me, even as an Auburn fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

how soon we forget.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/football/...t1_petrino.jpg

Franchise 60 10-05-2007 06:28 PM

NJ guy here lol'n at anyone who doesn't give Schiano credit for Rutgers' success.

If/when Schiano leaves for a better job Rutgers will not be as relevant.

EDIT: Harris and Leonard were still Schiano's recruits, so I don't understand how you are taking away credit from Schiano by saying that they carried the team. Vince Young carried Texas to a National Title, but I guess Mack Brown deserves zero props for recruiting Vince Young and giving him a perfect scheme for his talents.

MyTurn2Raise 10-05-2007 07:45 PM

I can sympathize with the Schiano doubt
I support a school were about half the ardent supporters want to remove the basketball coach despite the coach leading the NCAA in wins during his tenure

MyTurn2Raise 10-05-2007 08:11 PM

hmmmmm......Utah doesn't go for it on fourth and an inch v L'ville's defense????

MyTurn2Raise 10-05-2007 08:43 PM

when are they going to ditch Brohm and bring Cantwell in

your job is on the line now Kragthorpe

bills217 10-05-2007 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when are they going to ditch Brohm and bring Cantwell in

your job is on the line now Kragthorpe

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?

I don't think Brohm is the problem.