Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Anyone take Hyrdrocodone? or Vicodin (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=503189)

TxSteve 09-17-2007 05:32 PM

Anyone take Hyrdrocodone? or Vicodin

Hey. anyone familiar with this stuff?

a pill called: hyrdrocodone Tab 7.5-500

how many would a physician / pharmacist recommend taking in a day?

would 10 per day be more than the recommended usage? normal? seems like a lot to me.

i'm just being nosy with a friend of mine wondering if he's an addict [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

J.A.K. 09-17-2007 05:36 PM

Re: Anyone take Hyrdrocodone? or Vicodin

He's hooked.

stupid101 09-17-2007 05:37 PM

i luv drugs

edfurlong 09-17-2007 05:37 PM

I'm not a doctor, but that seems like a ton of acetaminophen.

Los Feliz Slim 09-17-2007 05:39 PM

Yes, 10 is a lot. I have this prescribed when my back goes out. I think it's indicated to be taken one every four hours as needed.

This stuff is very addictive, I'm happy I don't have access to an unlimited supply.

MortalWombat 09-17-2007 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Yes. It causes the user to insert an extra "r" at the third position of some words when taken in excess.
[ QUOTE ]
i'm just being nosy with a friend of mine wondering if he's an addict

[/ QUOTE ]Tell your, um "friend", yeah that's it, to take it easy on them.

TxSteve 09-17-2007 05:43 PM

hreh

hreh

hreh

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

thanks all for the info so far

hobbes9324 09-17-2007 05:44 PM

I'll write at a max two every six hrs....and I don't do that very often - I usually just write for percocet instead.

In the short run, assuming no pre-existing liver problems, probably not an issue for a day or two - but not a great idea long term.

MM MD

JasonK 09-17-2007 05:46 PM

I had a scrip a few months back for a broken clavicle that I think was for 1-2 every 4 hours. 10/day would have been a lot but not overkill. He's probably an addict though. I'm a junkie for painkillers myself and didn't even take that many per day when I had them and actually needed them for pain.

J.A.K. 09-17-2007 05:48 PM

Percocet rocks!>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>hydr ocodone.

Yep, when prescribed I used to save them if the pain was manageable. Then later on when I had to be on my feet for a 12 hr workday with screaming kids...I would take 1 1/2 and all was right with the world for a few hours.

It affects people differently, but for me it's euphoric.

RoundGuy 09-17-2007 05:59 PM

My personal record is 16 - 7.5's in one day. No, it was not a fun habit.

KyleC 09-17-2007 06:03 PM

I have chronic Rheumatoid arthritis pain like you wouldn't believe and most I'd take in a day would be 6. Yes he is addicted.

JasonK 09-17-2007 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yep, when prescribed I used to save them if the pain was manageable.

[/ QUOTE ]

A long time ago I was in the hospital for a hole in my lung and when I was given pills I would pop them in my mouth but not swallow them. Then when the nurse left I spit out the pill and saved it for later. Had a good stash by the time I was released.

runningmarvel 09-17-2007 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A long time ago I was in the hospital for a hole in my lung and when I was given pills I would pop them in my mouth but not swallow them. Then when the nurse left I spit out the pill and saved it for later. Had a good stash by the time I was released.

[/ QUOTE ]
gratz on that. did you then eat them all at once and not sleep for 7 days afterwards??

JasonK 09-17-2007 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
gratz on that. did you then eat them all at once and not sleep for 7 days afterwards??

[/ QUOTE ]

Do painkillers usually keep you awake? If I take too many I get sleepy.

BeaucoupFish 09-17-2007 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That is Vicodin ES (Extra Strength), normally I would think this would be prescribed for more-than-moderate acute or chronic pain.
[ QUOTE ]

i'm just being nosy with a friend of mine wondering if he's an addict [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Or he may be dependant....there's a difference. If this is recreational use though, yes he is most likely addicted.

B-P-L 09-17-2007 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Yep, when prescribed I used to save them if the pain was manageable. Then later on when I had to be on my feet for a 12 hr workday with screaming kids...I would take 1 1/2 and all was right with the world for a few hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhhhh...perc and hydrocodone are the SAME [censored] THING!!!!!!!!!

hobbes9324 09-17-2007 06:56 PM

Uhhhhh....no.

Percocet is oxycodone - vicodin hydrocodone. Perocet is MARKEDLY stronger - and some feel it has a higher abuse potential.

Other than being completly wrong, nice job.

MM MD

hobbes9324 09-17-2007 06:57 PM

Barring an atypical reaction - you're right. Narcotics promote drowsiness - if enough are taken, respiratory depression.

MM MD

challenger84 09-17-2007 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. Percocet is Oxycodone, not Hydrocodone.

nath 09-17-2007 07:15 PM

That's a lot of pills to be taking. He sounds like an addict. You should confiscate his pills and deliver them to someone responsible and experienced in these matters. PM me for a mailing address for said people and place.

Death Valley 09-17-2007 07:24 PM

Over 4000mg in a day of acetomenophen can be lethal, especially over time. Tell your friend to slow down, or buy pills with a lower acetomenophen content. I take percocets that are 10-325, you can also get pure oxycodone which is obv. the nuts

Skipbidder 09-17-2007 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

would 10 per day be more than the recommended usage? normal? seems like a lot to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd like to stress that it is not likely to be the hydrocodone component that is the short-term problem for your friend. It is the acetaminophen part. It is extremely unlikely that a doctor recommended that your addict friend take 10 of these daily. If I wrote for 10 vicodins daily, I'm positive I'd get a call from a pharmacist. 10 pills a day gets him to 5 grams of acetaminophen. Maximum recommended daily dose is 4 grams for someone with a healthy liver. For some drugs, the maximum recommended dosage is pretty meaningless. Not for tylenol, however. You can blow your liver up pretty easily. If he's a career drinker with bad liver disease, he might not want to max out at any more than 1000 mg (two vicodins) daily, if that. My inpatient hospital formulary uses Norcos rather than Vicodins. Their acetaminophen content is 325 mg rather than 500, so a healthy person can take 12 daily instead of just 8. There is actually no ceiling dose of the opioid component. I had one cancer patient over 2 grams of morphine (a stronger opioid) daily. That is enough to kill almost anyone reading this message. Your body can get used to escalating doses of opioids, however. Hobbes probably gives about 2 mg IV morphine as his first dose for his average ER patients he decides to give opioids to.

As far as addiction potential, it is commonly accepted that those people who are in bad pain have a much lower potential to get addicted. However, I haven't seen any good study data to back this up. It might just be "common knowledge" that happens to be wrong. Addiction potential is usually very low on my list, as I am frequently dealing with end-of-life cases. If you've got two months to live because of your metastatic lung cancer, then who the hell cares if you get addicted to morphine?

If you are worried about overdose rather than addiction, then you should look for sedation and respiratory depression.

Mat Sklansky 09-17-2007 08:01 PM

I took the maximum dose of vicodin for 30 days and the maximum dose of percocet for 60 days thereafter. It was 1-2 pills every four hours, so I may have been at 12 a day. At least 8. It's likely the acet. content was 325. (So maybe vic or perc. is wrong.) I do remember going from hydrocodone to oxycodone.

This was prior to a successful back surgery. I absolutely was unable to function without the pills. There was no significant withdrawal after I stopped the pills a week or so after surgery.

So, in my case, needing the pills for pain seemed to have prevented addiction. When you're in enough pain, there really ain't much fun associated with pain pills.

GTL 09-17-2007 08:26 PM

there is so much acetaminophen in ten 7.5/100's. it kind of grosses me out just thinking about taking that many. ten a day definately has the potential to create an addiction to the hydrocodone, and all that acetaminophen is not good for the liver taboot. get him to stop, and if he is addicted at least switch to percs or oxy's while he is waning himself off.

kyleb 09-17-2007 10:15 PM

i would be much more afraid of taking that much acetaminophen as compared to the actual drug to be honest

Butcho22 09-17-2007 10:25 PM

If he was truly an addict, he would need way more than 10 pills for the entire day to hold him over. This leads me to believe he's just getting started.
My best friends brother would take 30 in one day if you gave them to him. He likes to take 5 at a time.

People straight calling him an addict are probably right, but it doesn't sound like he's been deep into pills for months or anything like that.

He could be new to pills and he's just having some fun for a few weeks or so.

I'd just keep an eye on him and see if he continues.

Claunchy 09-17-2007 10:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
lol ur dumb

2218 09-17-2007 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Uhhhhh....no.

Percocet is oxycodone - vicodin hydrocodone. Perocet is MARKEDLY stronger - and some feel it has a higher abuse potential.

Other than being completly wrong, nice job.

MM MD

[/ QUOTE ]

How bad is it to be addicted to this stuff? I had some left over and took one a couple of days ago when my depression got really bad. The depression cleared up completely for the 4 hours or so that I was on it. The next morning, when depression was back, I kinda went through withdrawal, wanting to take more. I could really see myself getting addicted to this stuff.

Keyser. 09-18-2007 12:29 AM

I had my wisdom teeth out recently and was prescribed hydrocodone. I really enjoyed them to the point that if I had an unlimited supply I would surely be addicted. I took double doses until they ran out. They made me very drowsy but if I fought the sleep they induced a nice euphoria and also had some mood enhancement benefits. I probably took 10 per day, and it was a lot.

john voight 09-18-2007 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

75mg of hydro a day is not a sick crazy amount IMO if you are a heavy/regular user. IMO its the acetaminophen that will get him. That is such a sick amount to be taking daily, he really is putting a strain on his liver. I mean there is a reason children's tylenol exists; b/c the child liver cant handle the abuse acetaminophen puts on. This guy is taking vicodins, which i believe have much more acetaminophen than tylenols. Really its dangeoruse IMO. Correct me if im wrong (all my knowledge is from wiki, google, erowid) but Hyrdrocodone is not dangerous to the body in limited amounts even over long time (like heroine)?

Victor 09-18-2007 02:20 AM

i took 50 percs and 50 vics over at most 2 weeks after knee surgery. smoked a lot of pot too. still sucked and i wanted to die.

RickAstleyFan 09-18-2007 05:27 AM

So how do the addicts get ahold of so many pills?

Other than the black market or stealing them direct from a hospital, are they buying them online?

john voight 09-18-2007 06:57 AM

im guessing its easy to fake pains and get subscription. I mean a got a few bottles b/c "my shoulder hurt"

my buddy said he had to move a box w/ 5,000 pills in it for a guy for some moneis. I'm guessing if you know ppl its pretty easy.

diddyeinstein 09-18-2007 09:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i took 50 percs and 50 vics over at most 2 weeks after knee surgery. smoked a lot of pot too. still sucked and i wanted to die.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my post-knee surgery plan as well

IlliniLou 09-18-2007 09:57 AM

i take vicodin for headaches, they work great

KittyKat 09-18-2007 11:01 AM

Hydrocodone makes me nasueas. I got a bottle of it yesterday because I hurt my back, but I'm trying to avoid taking them. I think I'm too wimpy for even those.

DwightSchrute 09-18-2007 12:56 PM

I want to marry those pills. I was given 120 of em and I actually lost weight when taking them. I wouldn't eat so I could get a bigger buzz off em.

snagglepuss 09-18-2007 03:36 PM

when i was having terrible pain from a kidney stone a couple years ago i was taking hydrocodone's

reading up online about how they were bad to take a lot of because of the amount of acetaminophen obv, so i didnt really want to take a bunch

so i read about a method to extract the good stuff from the bad stuff (easily googleable) and went about it

i crushed up about 10 pills in a small amount of water, and then did the freezing/extraction process a couple times until i had a bit of a water solution that hopefully contained the pain relieving goodness i needed, as at this point i was in 9.8/10 pain

so i drank it down, and filled my bathtub full of water and just laid in it in a daze. i dont really remember much, but hours later i passed an enormous kidney stone

Papachubie 09-18-2007 04:30 PM

I had back surgery in 1994 (Scoliosis) where the docs removed one of my ribs and this bone was used to fuse my entire spine except all lumbar and a couple neck discs. I have been on Hydrocodone since then. I have gone from 2-5/250mg to 6-7.5/500mgs never more then 6/day. Then in 1997 I was in a severe car accident where an older gentleman in a Ford Expidition ran a stop sign and hit my car (Pontiac Grand Am) head on, I lost! Since 1997 I started taking 6-20mg Oxycontin/day, 4/7.5mg hydrocodone/day, musler relaxers and so on. After a couple of years I could not stand this high dose so I asked the doc to lessen it, now I take 2 or 3-10mg Oxycontin/day and 2 or 3/7.5mg Hydrocodone/day.

I'd give anything not to have to take it. As a result of the car accident, I use a wheelchair nearly 100% of the time. Am I addicted? "Hell yes," but I will not allow myself to increase the ammount as I become more tollerant of the drug.