Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Puzzles and Other Games (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Kyro / Durron flamewar (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=481787)

chuckleslovakian 08-20-2007 01:44 AM

Kyro / Durron flamewar

Name:PSOP Event #8 PLO/8
Date: August 21, 10 PM EST
Password:lolsplitaments

Updated POY standings
104.1 - kyro
101.1 - durron
99.5 - fnord
90 - herbie
88.9 - dmk
70.3 - Bobo
70 - Jack
63.9 - clown
63 - aaronk
52.5 - Dustin
51.5 - IY
49.5 - amp
49.4 - AS8
47 - GT1T
46 - Fortuna
45.9 - chuckles
38.4 - shorty
36 - wdc
35.5 - chim
32.7 - Tokyo
29 - mets
29 - VR
23 - CPFB
20 - Mark_K2
17 - shrug
15 - Siegmund
12 - roundtower
12 - FCBL
11 - sightless
4.5 - theSmell
4.5 - jedi
3 - Bluff

BobOjedaFan 08-20-2007 11:19 AM

Re: PSOP Event #8 PLO/8 August 21

My 2 mortal enemies, 1st and 2nd [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

kyro 08-20-2007 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. It couldn't/shouldn't be any other way than to have the two most egotistical (in poker at least) people battling it out for player of the year.

fnord_too 08-20-2007 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously. It couldn't/shouldn't be any other way than to have the two most egotistical (in poker at least) people battling it out for player of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would argue that you and durron are the two most egotistical players here. Also, who won the last plo/8 event? I cannot quite remember.

Don't worry bobo, they will be at best second and third when all the tournies are in. They would be that now if I wasn't abysmally card dead in the horse tourney with a super fast structure.

kyro 08-20-2007 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I would argue that you and durron are the two most egotistical players here. Also, who won the last plo/8 event? I cannot quite remember.

Don't worry bobo, they will be at best second and third when all the tournies are in. They would be that now if I wasn't abysmally card dead in the horse tourney with a super fast structure.

[/ QUOTE ]

The excuses begin...

Fortuna won Event #1, which I think was just PLO.

fnord_too 08-20-2007 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The excuses begin...

Fortuna won Event #1, which I think was just PLO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could have sworn I beat you in a PLO/8 tourney (you and me HU). Maybe it was a prelim event?

kyro 08-20-2007 01:54 PM

It wasn't a regular event. That much I do know. I don't specifically remember what you're talking about, but you could be right.

durron597 08-20-2007 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually i don't think i'm *that* good at poker. of the people on the tlb, i have 0 doubt whatsoever that at least 4 people on that list are better than me, and several others who are almost certainly better than me.

however, that belief doesn't stop me from trash talking [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

jedi 08-20-2007 02:35 PM

Damn, I gotta get in on this more often. Do we have a full schedule posted somewhere?

kyro 08-20-2007 02:39 PM

durron,

I'm pretty sure I'm better than all but like 2 people that have played so far.

durron597 08-20-2007 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
durron,

[/ QUOTE ]

when your lifetime online poker profit exceeds $50k, get back to me

HerbieGRD 08-20-2007 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
durron,

I'm pretty sure I'm better than like 2 people that have played so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

kyro 08-20-2007 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
durron,

[/ QUOTE ]

when your lifetime online poker profit exceeds $50k, get back to me

[/ QUOTE ]

ha. Once again you use a completely irrelevant statistic to try and prove yourself.

durron597 08-20-2007 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

ha. Once again you use a completely irrelevant statistic to try and prove yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not the one who went busto

amplify 08-20-2007 02:56 PM

this thread is sickening

durron597 08-20-2007 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this thread is sickening

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

kyro 08-20-2007 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not the one who went busto

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you post stuff like this? You just look retarded.

How about this. Since we're both SNG players, let's play 500 $27s. Whoever has a higher profit wins an extra $500. This is like easy money for you, right?

kyro 08-20-2007 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this thread is sickening

[/ QUOTE ]

My comment was mostly joking. I do think if we played a million of these tournaments, rotating and whatnot, GT and fnord would wipe the floor with me. I'm not sure how skilled at other games Tokyo and AS8 are, but they are probably better than me. I think durron would probably be better than me at these games if he stopped trying to outplay everyone to show people how good he is at stud, and ends up busting because he played 60/40 and doesn't understand why he lost when he was obviously representing rolled up purple horseshoes.

kyro 08-20-2007 03:11 PM

c'mon durron. I'm a losing player, right? I mean, I must be since I went busto (which obv has nothing to do with [censored] BR management, running awfully, and playing games/limits that I am probably a marginal winner at).

I mean, you would have to run really bad and me run really good for me to have a shot. Let's do this. $500. That's like a teardrop in the ocean that is your bankroll, right? I mean, you've won 50k. This is nothing, and it would shut me up for once.

kyro 08-20-2007 03:13 PM

http://www.trancewave.com/novalounge...icken.suit.jpg

kyro 08-20-2007 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Updated POY standings
104.1 - kyro
101.1 - durron

[/ QUOTE ]

kyro 08-20-2007 03:16 PM

wtf. why isn't my image showing up.

durron597 08-20-2007 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
c'mon durron. I'm a losing player, right? I mean, I must be since I went busto (which obv has nothing to do with [censored] BR management, running awfully, and playing games/limits that I am probably a marginal winner at).

[/ QUOTE ]

when did i say you were a losing player? i said there are at least 4 people who play psop events who are better than me, if not more. you immediately assumed that i think you suck, from that, somehow.

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, you've won 50k. This is nothing, and it would shut me up for once.

[/ QUOTE ]

no, i haven't actually (which shouldn't even be news to you). in fact name one time in this thread i said i was better than you? defensive much?

durron597 08-20-2007 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Updated POY standings
104.1 - kyro
101.1 - durron

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the scoring system is crap, you coincidentally happened to win the largest field event and came in last a bunch of times. herbie should be in first for sure.

kyro 08-20-2007 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Updated POY standings
104.1 - kyro
101.1 - durron

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

the scoring system is crap, you coincidentally happened to win the largest field event and came in last a bunch of times. herbie should be in first for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are so wrong on this point it's not even funny. Yeah, Herbie has missed two events but he should be in first place because he won a 15 and 16 man event. You are so completely devoid of logic sometimes it's disturbing.

kyro 08-20-2007 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

when did i say you were a losing player? i said there are at least 4 people who play psop events who are better than me, if not more. you immediately assumed that i think you suck, from that, somehow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm sure your "I didn't go busto" statement was just an aside. Dumb.

[ QUOTE ]
I mean, you've won 50k. This is nothing, and it would shut me up for once.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

no, i haven't actually (which shouldn't even be news to you). in fact name one time in this thread i said i was better than you? defensive much?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. I thought your comment saying "when you've made $50k in profits talk to me" was once again relevant, but no, it was just some stupid comment you made.

kyro 08-20-2007 03:24 PM

No, but seriously, take me up on my offer

kyro 08-20-2007 03:24 PM

It would give POG some drama, and POG loves drama.

amplify 08-20-2007 03:35 PM

durron,

you are pretty much a pussy if you don't rise to this challenge.

kyro 08-20-2007 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
durron,

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] amp

kyro 08-20-2007 03:41 PM

Pre-emptive reply to the inevitable "kyro you're embarrassing yourself" post.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0&fpart=1

dmk 08-20-2007 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this thread is sickening

[/ QUOTE ]

My comment was mostly joking. I do think if we played a million of these tournaments, rotating and whatnot, GT and fnord would wipe the floor with me. I'm not sure how skilled at other games Tokyo and AS8 are, but they are probably better than me. I think durron would probably be better than me at these games if he stopped trying to outplay everyone to show people how good he is at stud, and ends up busting because he played 60/40 and doesn't understand why he lost when he was obviously representing rolled up purple horseshoes.

[/ QUOTE ]

my omission makes me both happy and sad

dmk 08-20-2007 03:48 PM

and fwiw, if thats an open challenge, i'll accept it

durron597 08-20-2007 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
durron,

[/ QUOTE ]

i know, lets make $500 prop bets on sites where i have $350 on

kyro 08-20-2007 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this thread is sickening

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my omission makes me both happy and sad

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it was a brainless omission. I think I put you in the Tokyo/AS8 group.

durron597 08-20-2007 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this thread is sickening

[/ QUOTE ]

My comment was mostly joking. I do think if we played a million of these tournaments, rotating and whatnot, GT and fnord would wipe the floor with me. I'm not sure how skilled at other games Tokyo and AS8 are

[/ QUOTE ]

dmk was actually the 4th, mostly because i forgot about as8

kyro 08-20-2007 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
durron,

[/ QUOTE ]

i know, lets make $500 prop bets on sites where i have $350 on

[/ QUOTE ]

We can switch the challenge to FT if you would prefer provided I can get someone to trade money with me.

It's OK, durron, I'm just messing with you. I know you won't accept.

dmk 08-20-2007 03:51 PM

i'm satisfied then. mostly because i freely admit to not being very good at anything other than hold 'em. i could easily beat the low/med stakes omaha games tho. any stud game is completely uninteresting to me and i really don't care about them

kyro 08-20-2007 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this thread is sickening

[/ QUOTE ]

My comment was mostly joking. I do think if we played a million of these tournaments, rotating and whatnot, GT and fnord would wipe the floor with me. I'm not sure how skilled at other games Tokyo and AS8 are

[/ QUOTE ]

dmk was actually the 4th, mostly because i forgot about as8

[/ QUOTE ]

If we're including all games, I think I can run with those 3, but admittedly I don't know enough about their games to really say one way or another. I thought I read tokyo say at some point that he was clueless in Omaha.

now if we're talking strictly NL cash games, I think I'm better than all but like...10 of you.

dmk 08-20-2007 03:53 PM

and i can xfer between sites for u guys. i like challenges. i like it even more when they are accepted!