Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Message to PokerRoad regarding durrrr (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545166)

uter 11-13-2007 01:50 PM

Message to PokerRoad regarding durrrr

anyone who listened to the durrrr interview knows what i'm talking about -

PLEASE do an hour clip of JUST bart interviewing durrrr, asking him all the questions we know bart actually wanted to get to but didnt have time cuz fatass ignorant gavin kept interupting with stupid time-wasting crap.
gavin doesnt even know anything about real high level poker, if he did he would have known to keep his mouth shut the entire time that they actually had durrrr on a mic.

in sum - BART, PLEASE DO LONG INTERVIEW WITH DURRR THAT HAS ACTUAL CONTENT. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

EWS87 11-13-2007 01:53 PM

Re: Message to PokerRoad regarding durrrr

agreed for the most part but to play devil's advocate, its a tournament show and durrr was only there because he FTd the tournament...they assume and maybe correctly so that most people are tuning in for tournament stuff

yes an hour interview with bart and durrr would be sick

but cant blame gavin and joe to sticking for what they know

Unknown Soldier 11-13-2007 02:04 PM

link to interview?

uter 11-13-2007 02:07 PM

http://www.pokerroad.com/_/pokerroad_radio/11-12-07/

PS - if u post on this board and u agree with me, say so, so maybe they'll do it.

eastern motors 11-13-2007 02:10 PM

I think Durrrrrr pretty much telling Gavin he is a fish was worth having Gavin there this time. But a second interview without him would be great.

basquiatcase 11-13-2007 02:11 PM

http://www.pokerroad.com/_/pokerroad_radio/11-12-07/

pubbie 11-13-2007 02:13 PM

Agreed

11-13-2007 02:13 PM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

EWS87 11-13-2007 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you guys think Bart is good at his job?

[/ QUOTE ]

not at first...but he really seems to get better with each show

NickdaNutz 11-13-2007 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He didnt seem that good when they first started pokerroad but I know what hes capable of from the LATB show. His job is fairly simple: be semi-funny and steer the show. He seems to be getting used to the shorter time frame instead of the 3hr LATB.

syndr0me 11-13-2007 03:03 PM

apparently 1000 x 2000 = 20 million to these math geniuses

Daddy Warbucks 11-13-2007 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he's assertive enough, Gavin and Joe seem to just talk over him constantly. Obviously, its tough being the new guy, so that'll probably come with time.

daca 11-13-2007 03:08 PM

"But this is not youre typical coinflip. You dont have to dodge all five cards, just 2."

like wtf mang?

myke11 11-13-2007 03:09 PM

100% agree man, gavin and joe are both idiots... i hate listening to them. It was hilarious to hear gavin say that he wouldnt be a mega-fish in a 200/400nl game, when durrrr is thinking to himself the exact opposite

Rupert 11-13-2007 03:14 PM

lol yes, you need $150,000,000 to play $1k/2k. That's like $150,000 to play $1/2 fixed limit

Jbrochu 11-13-2007 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"But this is not youre typical coinflip. You dont have to dodge all five cards, just 2."

like wtf mang?

[/ QUOTE ]

lmfao at that one...

mlagoo 11-13-2007 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol yes, you need $150,000,000 to play $1k/2k. That's like $150,000 to play $1/2 fixed limit

[/ QUOTE ]

you can never be too safe! after all, think of all the coinflips where you have to fade all 5 cards!

uter 11-13-2007 04:36 PM

i guess this is turning into a flame bart thing.....i think u'd all agree tho after listening to the pokerroad interview that if it were JUST bart and durrr that bart could capably ask durrrr questions that interest all of us.

its just not every day that u get a brilliant and articulate high stakes winner to talk with substance in a public medium. u cant get anything out of ivey, antonius, or benyamine.

durrrr 11-13-2007 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Durrrrrr pretty much telling Gavin he is a fish was worth having Gavin there this time. But a second interview without him would be great.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was just screwing w/ him... gavin/joe are both vg from what i hear (but ive never played w/ them)

illegit 11-13-2007 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

like wtf mang?

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL... seriously. That [censored] baffled me.

Reminds me of pros who say retarded [censored] about how they "like to avoid coinflips" and they're the same people who would never, ever, ever fold an OESFD, even when it's clear their opponent has a set, or AA. Not that they should fold there, point just being for some reason they LOOOOVE post-flop coinflips and hate preflop ones, as if there's a difference.

WutRUTryin2Hit 11-13-2007 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

like wtf mang?

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL... seriously. That [censored] baffled me.

Reminds me of pros who say retarded [censored] about how they "like to avoid coinflips" and they're the same people who would never, ever, ever fold an OESFD, even when it's clear their opponent has a set, or AA. Not that they should fold there, point just being for some reason they LOOOOVE post-flop coinflips and hate preflop ones, as if there's a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course there is a difference, in one case you have to dodge 2 cards, in the other you have to dodge 5, duh. Weren't you even LISTENING to what Gavin Smith said?

sublyme 11-13-2007 05:12 PM

Please don't interview durr again, for once an online name matches up to a real person, his voice reminded me of a kid with downs, it was literally uncomfortable for me the entire interview because durr just sounded and interviewed SO awkward. He is not good at speaking.

mustmuck 11-13-2007 05:13 PM

Did Gavin just "invent" the 5/10 rule?

blueodum 11-13-2007 05:15 PM

"Not that they should fold there, point just being for some reason they LOOOOVE post-flop coinflips and hate preflop ones, as if there's a difference."

Usually there is more money in the pot after the flop than before in relation to stack size, so you are usually getting better calling odds on a coin flip after the flop.

mustmuck 11-13-2007 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and I always liked him on L@TB too. He's no poker god or anything, and he does get stuff wrong sometimes, but I think he's very much one of the better commentators out there.

Daddy Warbucks 11-13-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, god no, thats been around for years.

mustmuck 11-13-2007 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, god no, thats been around for years.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm ... thought I was obviously being sarcastic, but whatever [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Daddy Warbucks 11-13-2007 05:31 PM

Not enough for NVG i'm afraid.....

gregorio 11-13-2007 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please don't interview durr again, for once an online name matches up to a real person, his voice reminded me of a kid with downs, it was literally uncomfortable for me the entire interview because durr just sounded and interviewed SO awkward. He is not good at speaking.

[/ QUOTE ]
When he was interviewed at WSOP everyone thought he sounded gay. You think he sounds like he has downs syndrome. These posts really add so much to the discussion here. Thanks for sharing. I would much rather read more posts like yours than have to listen to what Durrrr has to say about poker.

Bipolar00 11-13-2007 06:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not enough for NVG i'm afraid.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the reg. date gave it away for me, but w/e we all get leveled sometimes noob.

also WTF @ bart calling for the exit music, and durrr is just like "lolwtf"

Kevmath 11-13-2007 06:15 PM

Bart's done that twice now, trying to end the interview early first with Nenad Medic, then with Durrrr.

apefish 11-13-2007 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it was literally uncomfortable for me the entire interview because durr just sounded and interviewed SO awkward.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least it wasn't figuratively uncomfortable.

Bipolar00 11-13-2007 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it was literally uncomfortable for me the entire interview because durr just sounded and interviewed SO awkward.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least it wasn't figuratively uncomfortable.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL i wish i could post half as well as apefish....

sublyme 11-13-2007 09:13 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnKtvKGpbPw
This SNL character Penelope is exactly who Durr sounds like and his personality as well.

Keyser. 11-13-2007 09:21 PM

Bart does a really good job imo. He asks good questions.

Also I'm sure a guy like Gavin could get pretty good at online cash if he wanted to spend hundreds of hours getting the experience, but at the moment the kind of edge someone like durr would have over him in a 200/400nl game has to be just absurdly large. I just can't see someone who has exclusively played tournaments in the last few years being anywhere close to someone who's played millions of hands in that same time.

EWS87 11-13-2007 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This SNL character Penelope is exactly who Durr sounds like and his personality as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
i was thinking of the exact same thing haha

PUBgrub 11-13-2007 09:35 PM

the best part of the interview is when durrr says (online)tournaments are for [censored].

EL Burro Loco 11-13-2007 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I listened to the interview then watched this clip and couldn't stop laughing...

bustowithnobra 11-13-2007 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This SNL character Penelope is exactly who Durr sounds like and his personality as well, or some combo of the two .

[/ QUOTE ]

I listened to the interview then watched this clip and couldn't stop laughing...

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

coranoben 11-14-2007 01:06 AM

All the hosts are pretty good. Hopefully they keep up releasing as many shows as they do. It sounds so loud if you listen on the website, sounds normal if you download it though. Thought volume controls on websites was standard these days.