Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   FTP e-mail about temporarily suspending my account (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=522301)

foxw00ds player 10-13-2007 06:25 PM

FTP e-mail about temporarily suspending my account

Anybody get a routine investigation done to there account?

Thank you for your play on our site.

We have temporarily suspended your Full Tilt Poker account pending a routine investigation into your account.

Because the review is in progress, we will be unable to provide specific information. If we require more time to investigate, we will notify you and keep you updated. All funds in your account will remain dormant until our investigation is complete.

We appreciate your patience and will contact you with further details when our review is complete.

Regards,

Tim V
Security and Fraud
Full Tilt Poker

Bobo Fett 10-13-2007 06:27 PM

Re: wtf kind of s*&* is this email about temporary suspending my account

Search and ye shall find.

P.S. Yes, many people have.

MicroBob 10-13-2007 06:29 PM

Re: wtf kind of s*&* is this email about temporary suspending my accou

good luck getting any answers out of them and getting your money back within the next 12 wks.

demon102 10-13-2007 06:57 PM

wow Im glad I dont play at ftp thats just messed up

Josem 10-14-2007 07:16 AM

lol.

that's actually a very funny way to treat customers (at least from the point of view of a non-customer)

mustmuck 10-14-2007 08:37 AM

Hang on, surely this isn't random?

MarkGreb 10-14-2007 08:45 AM

How does this affect Iron Man status?

foxw00ds player 10-14-2007 09:16 AM

Still no reply, guess I'm gonna miss the Sunday line up. This sucks.. I play so much there.. It started with them blocking my ability to transfer and as I take percentages of other players and vice versa, I emailed them regarding why my transfer was blocked and then the next email I received was this one suspending my account. I 100 percent have never colluded so I am confident it's not that. Maybe they suspect this and are going over my play? Anyway I generate 10k to 20k a year in rake so it is there loss when they finally open my account back up. I don't know how it will affect Iron man? How many days can you miss to not make it maybe 3 so this will deff affect it.

foxw00ds player 10-14-2007 09:22 AM

Too bad that is the only site that accepted my Debit Card.

Henry17 10-14-2007 09:49 AM

It is almost certainly related to your transfers.

foxw00ds player 10-14-2007 10:13 AM

Re: FTP e-mail about temporarily suspending my account

[ QUOTE ]
Anybody get a routine investigation done to there account?

Thank you for your play on our site.

We have temporarily suspended your Full Tilt Poker account pending a routine investigation into your account.

Because the review is in progress, we will be unable to provide specific information. If we require more time to investigate, we will notify you and keep you updated . All funds in your account will remain dormant until our investigation is complete.

We appreciate your patience and will contact you with further details when our review is complete.

Regards,

Tim V
Security and Fraud
Full Tilt Poker

[/ QUOTE ]'

They say if they need more time they will let me know. But they never said how long it will take in the first place so how would I know how much more time would be?? talk about talking in circles!

foxw00ds player 10-14-2007 10:16 AM

Thank you for emailing Full Tilt Poker Support.

Unfortunately, we do not have an estimated time for you. I can assure
you that your account is being investigated by the appropriate
department and that they will contact you as soon and the investigation
is complete.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Matthew C
Security and Fraud
Full Tilt Poker

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember never to give out your password or enter
account details over the Internet. Full Tilt Poker staff will
never ask you for your password. For your security, always
keep this information a secret.

Learn, Chat, and Play with the Pros
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Original Message Follows:
------------------------

Can you please just tell me how long it will take? Your email says if
you need more time you will notify me but more time doesnt mean anything
if you dont give me an estimate of how long the investigation is going
to take.. This really sucks you know. I had plans to play all the
sunday tournaments today!

MicroBob 10-14-2007 12:53 PM

based on other similar situations reported on 2+2 regarding player-transfer and whatnot that look suspicious to them I think you need to be prepared for this to take a few weeks.
No, I'm not kidding.
No, you will obviously not have a prayer of maintaining your ironman.

When you e-mail them again in 7-10 days or so to ask what the status is they will then take 2-4 days to even respond back to you that they are still conducting their investigation.

Some of this may have to do with some of the funds you are receiving or transferring having been recently deposited via a CC and they want to make sure it clears...or they already have some fraudulent funds that have been transferred somewhere in the chain you are caught in the middle of and they need to wait it out to see what other funds come up as fraudulent...stuff like that I'm guessing.

This will not be quick. It almost never is when they do something like this.

1p0kerboy 10-14-2007 01:02 PM

This is becoming pretty standard at Full Tilt. We are running out of legit sites to play at.

foxw00ds player 10-14-2007 01:36 PM

I dont know what I'm more upset about the 9k in High stakes sit n gos I donked off in a week or the 15k they have locked up!!!!! I'm gonna go with the 15k locked up because with that I could win the 9k back.

foxw00ds player 10-14-2007 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
based on other similar situations reported on 2+2 regarding player-transfer and whatnot that look suspicious to them I think you need to be prepared for this to take a few weeks.
No, I'm not kidding.
No, you will obviously not have a prayer of maintaining your ironman.

When you e-mail them again in 7-10 days or so to ask what the status is they will then take 2-4 days to even respond back to you that they are still conducting their investigation.

Some of this may have to do with some of the funds you are receiving or transferring having been recently deposited via a CC and they want to make sure it clears...or they already have some fraudulent funds that have been transferred somewhere in the chain you are caught in the middle of and they need to wait it out to see what other funds come up as fraudulent...stuff like that I'm guessing. This will not be quick. It almost never is when they do something like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any body ever have a probalem with transfering funds to someone that is questionable? How did it turn out?

Josem 10-14-2007 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Any body ever have a probalem with transfering funds to someone that is questionable? How did it turn out?

[/ QUOTE ]

this highlights how retarded FTP are; if you've transferred money to a dodgy person, why would it make sense to lock your account?

RikaKazak 10-14-2007 06:46 PM

They did the same to me a LONG time ago. I sent in id...answered a few questions...and nothing bad happened at all. Took about 1.5 weeks to clear everything up.

Henry17 10-14-2007 06:49 PM

Same. Took about 2-3 weeks. The dodgy person was at least 1 degree of separation maybe 2 from me but I had transfered to someone who then transfered with someone else. I don't know how many degrees of separation they go to but it is not enough to know the people you transfer to you also need to know that they don't then deal with someone dodgy.

foxw00ds player 10-14-2007 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this highlights how retarded FTP are; if you've transferred money to a dodgy person, why would it make sense to lock your account?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont have access to my history because they locked my account but there was a player that scammed me for a transfer but this was like 3 months ago and I am pretty sure I reported it to Full Tilt just to let them know what was going on.

I don't know I was all set to spend a week out in CT and play some tourneys out there now I don't think I have it in me as 15k is a lot of money to me especially since I busted my live roll last year and have been pretty much playing exclusivley online. I'm just afraid I will not play my best poker and just DONATE. Not cool. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

the_optical 10-15-2007 01:08 AM

Good Luck Foxwood. I hope they sort this out in good time for you.

Hiiiiiiii 10-15-2007 01:20 AM

Should we all cash out?

a nonymous 10-15-2007 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Should we all cash out?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you transfer money and having your account frozen for a while is unacceptable.

gameplay 10-15-2007 03:03 AM

lol.

that's actually a very funny way to treat customers (at least from the point of view of a non-customer)

This is becoming pretty standard at Full Tilt. We are running out of legit sites to play at...

Josem 10-15-2007 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is becoming pretty standard at Full Tilt. We are running out of legit sites to play at...

[/ QUOTE ]

Party, Stars, InterPoker.

All 3 are great.

jkpoker 10-15-2007 07:17 AM

At least get one thing right it is pretty common for full tilt to treat someone making a lot of transfers like this...

This is not good however the people getting locked are the people basically laundering money to and from other sites.

Like i said i don't agree with this at all but almost every time there has been a reason for this even when kalebs was locked.

Personally i don't under stand why people are still doing the p2p transfers with the problems that go on and epass being there...

MicroBob 10-15-2007 12:35 PM

the people who still do such transfers are the same people who don't know that they might cause a problem.
It's not like even a majority of online players have any awareness of the past situations of FT's sketchy frozen-funds routine as reported over and over again in here.

iceman5 10-15-2007 01:37 PM

Try to look at it from another perspective.

Some guy scams a high profile 2+2er out of money. Stevedapimp or whoever. Lots of people find out about it and the guy who got scammed emails FTP to tell them what happened. Of course FTP is slow to respond (but thats a whole other issue). The scammer transfers the money to his friend who transfers it to another friend to launder the stolen money.

The innocent 2+2er is pissed and wants his money back. And why shouldnt he? Everyone at 2+2 is in a tizzy. They are all panicked because they know this could happen to them as well.

OK, what can be done by FTP?

Hmm, lets see. They would have to conduct a full and thorough investigation into where the money went in an attempt to recover it for the inncocent 2+2er.

Some other inncocent people are going to be inconvenienced and get their accounts locked temporarily if FTP is to get to the bottom of this and get the guys money back.

The point of what I just wrote is this: Do you want them to do an investigation or not?

People here bitch when they dont do anything and they bitch when they do. We have to assume that they are doing an investigation into something here. If OP is totally innocent as he probably is, then everything will be fine, but they cant investigate a money scam without freezing some peoples account when some of the bad money passed thru them.

The only thing worth bitching about here is how long it takes FTP to respond to customer service requests....not the fact that someones account got frozen.

Should we all cash out? Uh, no. let them do their jobs just like you would be begging them to do if it was YOUR money that got stolen.

Rant over

foxw00ds player 10-15-2007 02:45 PM

Thanks for writing in.

Your account has been suspended indefinitely pending the resolution of
chargebacks from your multiple account, xxxxxx.

It appears that you have circumvented this account's fraudulent activity
by creating a new account, xxxxx.

Your previous account, xxxx received a chargeback in the
amount of $190. We have contacted ePassporte regarding your account
xxxxx for clarification with its account standing.

For the time being, please explain the actions of this multiple account
and why you chose to circumvent the fraudulent charges on it by creating
a new account.

This is the reason they tell me. Keep in mind that I have deposited over 6k on my account and at time of suspension had 14k in there. All this because of 190.00 dollars they say I owe them from 2005 that I do not remember ever opening this account. I am thinking it might have been one of my roomates I had back then. This really sucks.. Im on hold now for like 45 minutes with e passporte to find out wtf is going on as I never opened an account with them.

This past week I have been suspended they lost minumum of 500 in rake. Sounds like another genius company makinga genius decision that affects there own business -ev.

foxw00ds player 10-15-2007 02:56 PM

rigged just spend 1 hour on hold with epassporte and when they finally came on told me they have no account in there records for my "old name" That full tilt claims i had with them, and gave me a toll free number for full tilt. BEAT when i called it, it refered me to email them at support haha I thought I unlocked the greatest treasure of all time a contact number for full tilt.

foxw00ds player 10-15-2007 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Party, Stars, InterPoker.

All 3 are great.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we can only play at stars here in the usa.. I would play at stars but I hate there tournaments being always 1k plus people. I love full tilts 500 to 700 man tournaments

And on that note I just want to say I love playing at full tilt I wish I had RB but I love there site and their dark colors and kind of in a way it's good that they take these precausions to protect customers account but I wish they would do it with some common sence. I have been playing there over a year and have deposited 6k and have over 14k in my account they should have gave me the benefit of the doubt about 190.00 chargeback. I mean common sence will tell you that I am not trying to stiff them for 190 bucks when i have so much play there.

FTPSean 10-15-2007 03:34 PM

Hey foxw00ds player,

You should have some emails from the Security department in the next hour or so with the steps you'll need to take to have your account reopened.

Just follow those and you should be good to go. (They were already on top of it when I asked them about it, but thought you would like an fyi.)

Sean

foxw00ds player 10-15-2007 03:43 PM

thanks ftpsean and ftpdoug on getting this rolling as the last thing I wanted was to wait 12 weeks to get resolved.. sorry if this thread caused any negative publicity.

Edit/MH: foxw00ds player has asked me to lock this thread as he is satisfied with the actions now taken by FTP.