Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Software (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   SmartNotes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=477526)

Roland 08-14-2007 04:29 PM

SmartNotes

Well, here you go. Works for Stars only atm, but the framework is there for adding support for more sites.

Enjoy! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

K䲰䮥n 08-15-2007 06:51 AM

Re: SmartNotes

Thanks! Ipoker support would be awesome!

yasher 08-16-2007 12:53 AM

You're the best, Roland. Been missing SmartNotes since I got back into the game!

Does this newest version not contain the nifty popup graphical hand history option? That was one of the coolest parts of the last version of SmartNotes I used on Party. Haven't even downloaded it yet, so if this is covered in the ahk file itself somewhere, just disregard.

Couple little things: Your link to NiftyWindows on the Overcards page is broken - one too many instances of /NiftyWindows - and the "link to 2p2 thread is here" doesn't actually have a link attached.

Thanks again!

HalvSame 08-16-2007 04:41 AM

Cool!

Is the "Seen hands at showdown"-feature from the old Smartnotes still in there?

Roland 08-16-2007 04:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ipoker support would be awesome!

[/ QUOTE ]

I see they don't have any Stud games, so I can't play there, so probably not... FullTilt is on my list though.

Roland 08-16-2007 04:50 AM

@yasher & HalvSame:
No, the hands thingy is not in there. I though about it for a long time and decided that actually it doesn't really belong in there. Back in the day I got all excited about adding lots of features, but I like to keep it a little less messy these days.
Doesn't mean I'm not gonna write it, only that it will be a seperate script.

Roland 08-16-2007 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Couple little things: Your link to NiftyWindows on the Overcards page is broken - one too many instances of /NiftyWindows - and the "link to 2p2 thread is here" doesn't actually have a link attached.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, I'll fix that.

yasher 08-16-2007 11:04 AM

Roland:

I downloaded the zip file, extracted it to a folder, and attempted to run the script via the German shortcut [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] After showing the shortcut where the SmartNotes.ahk file was, I get this error message:

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/9596/errornp4.jpg

Any idea what's up?

Roland 08-16-2007 11:05 AM

Yes, update AHK.

What's a German shortcut? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

yasher 08-16-2007 11:07 AM

Heh, it's that simple, eh?

The shortcut in the zipfile is named "Verknüpfung mit SmartNotes", which I assume is German for Shortcut to SmartNotes.

Roland 08-16-2007 11:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The shortcut in the zipfile is named "Verknüpfung mit SmartNotes", which I assume is German for Shortcut to SmartNotes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, yeah. I think I'll leave it like that - 'SmartNotes - easy note-taking and German lessons'.

Stake Monster 08-16-2007 12:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks! Ipoker support would be awesome!

[/ QUOTE ]

HalvSame 08-16-2007 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ipoker support would be awesome!

[/ QUOTE ]
I see they don't have any Stud games, so I can't play there, so probably not... FullTilt is on my list though.

[/ QUOTE ]Umm, I see 7cd and 5cd stud, $0.05/$0.10 through $100/$200 in the lobby. Not that many tables are actually running, but there are a few.

I could take a look at making an iPoker plugin myself though, if you don't want to do it. The ipoker notes system is soooooo horrible.

Roland 08-16-2007 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Umm, I see 7cd and 5cd stud, $0.05/$0.10 through $100/$200 in the lobby. Not that many tables are actually running, but there are a few.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only checked on bonuswhores.com - it said availability was 'terrible'...

[ QUOTE ]

I could take a look at making an iPoker plugin myself though, if you don't want to do it. The ipoker notes system is soooooo horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will try to write a little guide on how to do so... basically there's a few pretty generic functions you'll need to write, like get the last hh, etc. Should be no problem for you.

yasher 08-21-2007 06:05 PM

Roland,

I run a card mod from PSThemes.com, and apparently that conflicts quite heavily with this script. I'm unable to get notes to pop up when clicking on my hotspots. Can you shed any light on what's going on?

yasher 08-22-2007 12:59 PM

I take it back; it's not the card mod. In my attempts at troubleshooting, I would restart PStars, let it update, and then see if SmartNotes worked. It did, but not because I didn't have the card mod loaded.

I believe that this script has issues with Stars being open for long periods of time. It works if I have just opened stars and am playing a session, but if I've been logged in all night, and then I sit down to start a session in the morning, SmartNotes doesn't recognize when I click on a hotspot.

Thoughts?

K䲰䮥n 08-22-2007 02:15 PM

ipoker support is coming? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Roland 08-22-2007 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I believe that this script has issues with Stars being open for long periods of time. It works if I have just opened stars and am playing a session, but if I've been logged in all night, and then I sit down to start a session in the morning, SmartNotes doesn't recognize when I click on a hotspot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you try restarting SmartNotes?

Roland 08-22-2007 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ipoker support is coming?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't gotten around to writing some guidelines for HalvSame, but will do soon.

yasher 08-22-2007 03:22 PM

Roland:

Yes, I've tried restarting SmartNotes, and it has no effect. Not a real big issue - I suppose I should probably be closing Stars anyway, from a security standpoint. More of a curiosity [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I tried killing all my other scripts, PA, PT, restarting SmartNotes... it appears that the only thing that helps is reopening Stars. Weird, eh?

Roland 08-22-2007 03:47 PM

It might have to do with the way the hand history file is retrieved, but actually that should only fail if you had been playing at the same table for over 24 hours I think.
I'll have to think about it - strange indeed.

Rafpig 08-28-2007 06:04 PM

Hi Roland! The "German" shortcut is not working for me. So I open the smartnotes.ahk from the second folder, but whenever I write a note for a player, it is not saved in the smartnotes database. Also, I tried to import my notes from PStars, but they do not show up on smartnotes. What I am doing wrong?

infernogott 09-05-2007 08:26 AM

Hi,

Do you know when there's an update with party support coming? The old smartnotes script doesn't work anymore for party and I need something for making and reading notes

Roland 09-05-2007 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Roland! The "German" shortcut is not working for me. So I open the smartnotes.ahk from the second folder, but whenever I write a note for a player, it is not saved in the smartnotes database. Also, I tried to import my notes from PStars, but they do not show up on smartnotes. What I am doing wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you running Vista by any chance?

Roland 09-05-2007 09:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Do you know when there's an update with party support coming?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't plan on adding support for Party, sorry.

Rafpig 09-05-2007 09:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you running Vista by any chance?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I use Windows XP.

Roland 09-05-2007 10:10 AM

v1.02

No significant changes... just added a refresh button and made it possible to add players from the main gui.

Roland 09-05-2007 10:12 AM

@Rafpig: I just uploaded v1.02 - try that. Make sure you enter the correct path for PokerStars in the Preferences Gui.
If it still doesn't work, there should be a log file called Log (SmartNotes.ahk).txt in the SmartNotes folder, email that to me.

infernogott 09-05-2007 10:32 AM

Well, does anybody know why the old Smartnotes (with party support) doesn't work for my anymore? I use FreePHG and there's always the message "no data yet" when I try to look at the notes at the table

akvsaq 09-05-2007 03:35 PM

OMG Roland, I've been browsing the software forum for many months now looking for this program. I was very sad to see you only have support for PStars. Is there any way you can make one for Full Tilt, pretty please with sugar on top?

Roland 09-05-2007 03:47 PM

Yeah, FullTilt support will happen some time in the not too distant future. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

infernogott 09-05-2007 04:16 PM

so why not party? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Roland 09-05-2007 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so why not party?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I don't player there and don't ever want to play there again... I hate Party. Unlucky for you. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

akvsaq 09-05-2007 05:44 PM

Yay!! Thank you very much Roland, you're the best!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
My friend is also excited as well and thanks you, he loved this program too.

canta 09-06-2007 10:17 AM

Cool script Roland, very useful.
When choosing hotkeys it doesnt recognice modifiers. I want i.e "Ctrl 1" or "Alt 1", but it wont do it. When manually edit the ini file it works tough.
Anyone wanna share some hotstrings they use, i need some ideas there.

canta 09-06-2007 11:11 AM

When i try to import my pokerstars notes i get this error:

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/3641/errorhk5.th.jpg

Roland 09-06-2007 11:39 AM

v1.03

Thanks Canta, this has been fixed.

I also fixed a bug in the importing function.

ReptileHouse 09-06-2007 01:59 PM

Re: v1.03

Superb! I've been wanting better note taking than what stars offers. Looking forward to giving this a try. Thanks, Roland!

Roland 09-06-2007 04:00 PM

Re: v1.03

[ QUOTE ]
Cool script Roland, very useful.
When choosing hotkeys it doesnt recognice modifiers. I want i.e "Ctrl 1" or "Alt 1", but it wont do it. When manually edit the ini file it works tough.
Anyone wanna share some hotstrings they use, i need some ideas there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally didn't see this post earlier.

The idea is that you enter the hotkeys manually in the gui in AHK notation (i.e. Ctrl+1 -> ^1). Obviously you are used to the luxuries of TableNavigator so that threw you [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
The approach taken there is a lot of work... I do think it makes sense for an app as heavily hotkey based as TableNavigator, but couldn't be bothered for SmartNotes. Maybe I'll change it at some point.

Roland 09-06-2007 04:04 PM

@akvsaq: I just took a look at FullTilt. It seems that when you choose NONE from the color drop-down list after taking a note, you get no icon at all - so you can't see you have notes on that person. Is that correct?