Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   probably retarded question HU (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=558087)

luegofuego 11-30-2007 04:42 PM

probably retarded question HU

game is $8/$16 HU. ive been super hyper aggro, he stacked me like 3 times to start things off, once with a retarded suckout when he shoved a gutshot on turn vs my top two, twice with super light (read retarded imo) calldowns that were right both of the times. ive been battling back and hes back down to about a $1,800 stack again. ive been 3betting him a bunch, checkraising a bunch, 2 and 3barreling a bunch, etc. he thinks im a spewtard i guess judging by the retarded calldowns. ive seen him C/R bluff a decent amount on like JJ7 and KT2 boards and checkcall JK and stuff on the same boards so i dont know how much he cares about balancing... hand in question: he opens button for $48 as usual, i 3bet Td6d, he calls as usual. flop is 654, two spades. i bet $240, he shoves. $1,500 or whatever for me to call. be heroic? i thihnk this a draw like a huuuge part of the time obv, but i have to be right a huge amount of the time...

nutsflopper 11-30-2007 04:45 PM

Re: probably retarded question HU

[ QUOTE ]
i thihnk this a draw like a huuuge part of the time obv, but i have to be right a huge amount of the time...

[/ QUOTE ]

Plus a bare 7 has a ton of equity against you. fold

luegofuego 11-30-2007 04:48 PM

made it $160 preflop sorry

Red Shell 11-30-2007 04:53 PM

i wouldnt reraise T6d considering you expect him to call preflop givenn the way you wrote, i generally wouldn't call here given how you've been playing. best case your flipping?

luegofuego 11-30-2007 04:54 PM

hes folding a huge amount of flops and is generally super readable postflop. i think i can make a profit

Dan Terra 11-30-2007 04:55 PM

call it

FionnMac 11-30-2007 04:57 PM

even when ahead he has good equity blah blah, fold. pf is fine

Jeffmet3 11-30-2007 05:03 PM

eh, i fold.

i think you might be ahead ~50% of the time, but I think he always has a big draw if you are. So you're either a little ahead, or crushed.

jkkkk 11-30-2007 05:05 PM

8/16? wtf

besides that, wow, do not reraise T6s here, puts you in tons of horrible spots on the flop with your image.

luegofuego 11-30-2007 05:05 PM

i think im ahead way more than 50%. hes just that predictable. but i think it needs to be a draw like... 85%+ so yeah i folded

Red Shell 11-30-2007 05:05 PM

sure, i think it works with a better image than a spewtard, given he feels your prone to spew isnt this the prefect line for him with anything decent. he obv wants to showdown hands vs you, so i dont really see the point of going at it with junk as often your going to end up in this type of situation when you don't need to be.

Jeffmet3 11-30-2007 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think im ahead way more than 50%. hes just that predictable. but i think it needs to be a draw like... 85%+ so yeah i folded

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, because the problem with draws is that your hand is so vulnerable. like AKspades is close to a coinflip, and a straight/flushdraw you're flipping. same with a pair/draw.

and then there's the chance, that he has a straight, then maybe he's doing this with a set or 2pair.

I think I might call with 2pair in this spot, but not 6-10 here.

Although, if the 6 is a spade, it makes your hand stronger as it takes 6sxs out of his range

nutsflopper 11-30-2007 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hes folding a huge amount of flops and is generally super readable postflop. i think i can make a profit

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good reason to fold here.

luegofuego 11-30-2007 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no its not.

TheWorstPlayer 11-30-2007 06:14 PM

you have the same card as the highest card on the board. what's the question?

nutsflopper 11-30-2007 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no its not.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm talking about here as in on the flop...

AceCR9 11-30-2007 06:17 PM

would fold vs described villan

luegofuego 11-30-2007 06:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no its not.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ur still wrong

luegofuego 11-30-2007 06:26 PM

btw, i still suspect its a fold and i did fold, still not sure ofc... i kinda strongly suspect he will pull this BS with stuff like naked 7x, misguided semibluff with A4, A5 or A3... does that change things?

Jeffmet3 11-30-2007 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw, i still suspect its a fold and i did fold, still not sure ofc... i kinda strongly suspect he will pull this BS with stuff like naked 7x, misguided semibluff with A4, A5 or A3... does that change things?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, if he's doing that gross [censored] on your 3-bets for stacks, then i personally like a fold here even more.

i think i'd then like to tighten up my 3-betting, as an adjustment to make me more willing to get it allin on flops. especially with no PT, he's very unlikely to realize you're adjusting and will keep spewing, and if you can weight your range such that it crushes his, you can be more patient.

Because the thing is if he's playing back at you, you can add 77,88,99,etc to his range, and it just seems to marginal in my opinion.

I think it's close though, my calling range would be around 77, JJ+ and then 45+. Then I'm calling any big suited Axs and like 67. kinda arbitrary and just off the top of my head, but i still think calling would be a mistake.

-jeff

Triumph36 11-30-2007 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not really. i can't see a situation where calling this is good. like ever. against a random hand it's barely a call.

aditya 11-30-2007 06:36 PM

meh, I actually don't mind a call here. Considering this board is draw heavy as [censored], I prolly call here. If I'm thoroughly beating him though, I find this to be an easy fold.

MATT111 11-30-2007 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to have a pretty good idea how his range looks like, so you basically ask sb to do the math for you by starting this thread?!

mendacity 11-30-2007 07:24 PM

This hand is similar to one posted by HEK where hero had 66 on a 345 board and consensus was to c/r ai. The reverse here is villain doesn't need a strong hand for your hand to have little value.

luegofuego 11-30-2007 08:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem to have a pretty good idea how his range looks like, so you basically ask sb to do the math for you by starting this thread?!

[/ QUOTE ]

ok instead of ridiculing u for that response im just gonna ask u to elaborate. what do u mean by this post? whats ur point? please. id like to know.

MATT111 11-30-2007 09:14 PM

Dont know whats so hard to understand. These posts made me believe you can give villain an adequate range :

[ QUOTE ]

i think im ahead way more than 50%. hes just that predictable.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i kinda strongly suspect he will pull this BS with stuff like naked 7x, misguided semibluff with A4, A5 or A3.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
hes folding a huge amount of flops and is generally super readable postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

So it should all just come down to a math problem, no?

luegofuego 11-30-2007 09:25 PM

well congrats u solved the puzzle. u realize that all situations in poker can be solved once u have a range and some odds etc? i dont know his range and i wanted input on it, so i asked. shouldnt i have?

nutsflopper 11-30-2007 10:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no its not.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ur still wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone folds a ton of flops, when he doesn't he probably has a hand right? (I understand you think most of these hands are draws). The bigger reason to fold here is because you're so sure you can outplay him in the longterm and pick up so many pots when he folds too many flops instead of risking so much on a big call which could be close to a flip or dead. Could you please explain your reasoning why it's still wrong?

jfish 11-30-2007 10:33 PM

probably retarded? definitely retarded.

im too high to give a decent answer now ill come back to it.

Jeffmet3 11-30-2007 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

no its not.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ur still wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone folds a ton of flops, when he doesn't he probably has a hand right? (I understand you think most of these hands are draws). The bigger reason to fold here is because you're so sure you can outplay him in the longterm and pick up so many pots when he folds too many flops instead of risking so much on a big call which could be close to a flip or dead. Could you please explain your reasoning why it's still wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

because we're not playing a tournament and both players can reload????

it's a fold, but not for your reasoning

nutsflopper 11-30-2007 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, risk/reward doesn't apply in cash games!

donkeykong2 12-01-2007 09:27 AM

you re behind a lot of draws, like a7 is a favourite against you here, lots of flush draws are too, you cant rule out a set or sth.
i d fold.

TheMetetron 12-01-2007 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, risk/reward doesn't apply in cash games!

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not in the way you are trying to argue.

TheMetetron 12-01-2007 09:37 AM

luego,

Pretty easy fold and I suspect you knew that though.

Rampage_Jackson 12-01-2007 01:36 PM

Given the history it looks like a fold. He probably thinks you will call his bet fairly light. Like other said when we make a sick read here our equity isn't as high as we would like.

muxplust 12-01-2007 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
call it

[/ QUOTE ]

KvGalen 12-01-2007 02:11 PM

why not c/c flop is you dont want to call a shove? as played i would probably call though