Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   *** Official 07 AZ Cardinals probably will disappoint yet again *** (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=493076)

CharlieDontSurf 09-04-2007 12:41 AM

*** Official 07 AZ Cardinals probably will disappoint yet again ***

Our QB would best be described by young girls as "dreamy"
Matt's in US Weekly..in DirectTV commercials..even Peyton's dog likes him.
Edge dedicated himself...took out the gold teeth
Fitz and Boldin are primed and ready to go
New O-line with 1st round pick Levi Brown...
New Coach...
Defense still sucks.

Only good thing is no one is picking the Cards as a sleeper cuz everyone has done it for the last three years and every time the Cards ended up sucking ass.

How many games do the Cards win this year?

Despite all this
I got $20 bucks says the Cards win Monday Night.

http://www.varsity.com/images/upload...0red%20411.jpg

SL__72 09-04-2007 12:45 AM

Re: *** Official 07 AZ Cardinals probably will disappoint yet again **

I'm pumped. Wish I had Sunday Ticket so I could watch them more often. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Wondercall 09-04-2007 12:52 AM

7 or 8 wins.

CharlieDontSurf 09-04-2007 01:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm pumped. Wish I had Sunday Ticket so I could watch them more often. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

ya i luv sunday ticket.

also another reason im psyched to be moving back to az...can finally go to the games

meep_42 09-04-2007 03:07 AM

I've got 'em at 8 wins, and not likely more. Of course, 8 wins could end up winning the NFC West...

-d

lastchance 09-04-2007 05:24 AM

6-7 wins.

O-Line still suxorz.

DesertCat 09-04-2007 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
7 or 8 wins.

[/ QUOTE ]

5-6 wins. The O line sucks, and Levi Brown may be a bust. And while I like Whisenhunt, we just don't have enough talent. We just wasted $600k on a failed 3rd round pick for chrissakes. We need a real GM who can manage a real draft and build a deeper team.

The current regime drafted Anquan Boldan, that's their one magical find of a great talent. Everything less has been obvious decisions they couldn't screw up (Leinart, Fitz), or they've screwed it up (almost every other first rounder). The Edge signing was typical, don't fix the o-line, get a really talented back that you can shorten his career by running him into walls while giving him a huge signing bonus and using up most of your cap room.

We need someone who will trade down to get more picks and keep enough cap space for multiple cheap but useful free agents every year, so we can build lots of depth. We need to stop thinking the acquisition of a single stud draft pick or free agent is going to be a silver bullet. We have our studs, we need some grunts to protect them and to stop the other team.

MacGuyV 09-04-2007 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Only good thing is no one is picking the Cards as a sleeper cuz everyone has done it for the last three years and every time the Cards ended up sucking ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT - I was just going to say that. This could be their year.

SL__72 09-04-2007 11:20 AM

You sound like a true AZ fan.

DesertCat 09-04-2007 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You sound like a true AZ fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a curse or a compliment? You've leveled me so hard I can't comprehend it.

MyTurn2Raise 09-04-2007 03:41 PM

GO CARDS!!!!

I'm expecting them to find innovative ways to screw it all up again. OH well

SL__72 09-04-2007 03:48 PM

Neither, it just means that you are very negative. The fact that you are ready to write off the whole new staff and a 1st round pick after four preseason games is hilarious.

Wondercall 09-04-2007 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Neither, it just means that you are very negative. The fact that you are ready to write off the whole new staff and a 1st round pick after four preseason games is hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

The staff and the first rounder don't change the fact that we essentially have the same team as last year.

MyTurn2Raise 09-04-2007 03:55 PM

is it that hard to bring in quality o-linemne?

kolotoure 09-04-2007 03:58 PM

matt is so dreamy

SL__72 09-04-2007 04:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The staff and the first rounder don't change the fact that we essentially have the same team as last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

4/5 of the offensive line is new (I'm including Latui as new since he didn't play much last year). Leinart is much more experienced.

Anyway, I wasn't talking about his W/L prediction, I was talking about the "Levi might be a bust" comment and draft stuff.

gusmahler 09-04-2007 04:30 PM

Re: *** Official 07 AZ Cardinals probably will disappoint yet again ***

[ QUOTE ]
Our QB would best be described by young girls as "dreamy"

[/ QUOTE ]
He's also been described as the best under 25 QB in the NFL.

[ QUOTE ]
Edge dedicated himself...took out the gold teeth

[/ QUOTE ]Really cool Yahoo article also says that many scouts believe he hasn't lost anything since his Indy days.

[ QUOTE ]
How many games do the Cards win this year?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll make the exact same prediction I make every year: Cards win 10 games this year.

hoyasnaxa 09-04-2007 05:00 PM

Ill believe it when I see it. If all of you when to crown them, then crown their asses. Last year they were exactly who we thought they were, and we let them off the hook.

MyTurn2Raise 09-04-2007 05:34 PM

CARDS TO THE SUPER BOWL

hey...it's the NFC, it's not that far-fetched

DesertCat 09-04-2007 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not writing off the staff, on the contrary I'm very happy with wisenhunt. I just think Rod Graves is over his head and no coach can win in the NFL without talent. I hope Brown turns out but he sure started slow. You notice I said "may".

And how can a Cards fan not be negative with this ownership? My father in law offered to buy us season fix last year and I could not do it to him. I am glad that "i'm smarter than you" Denny Green is gone.

vixticator 09-04-2007 05:37 PM

What do you mean probably? Arizona has fans? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

CharlieDontSurf 09-04-2007 06:17 PM

Rod Graves sucks.
I trust Levi to pan out given how highly Russ thought of him

Our defense is going to be lousy esp our corners

PokerFink 09-04-2007 06:24 PM

I think Arizona is moving in the right direction. Denny Green got them pointed the right way with some good talent but was such a bad coach he couldn't get them moving.

6-7 wins this year, but Leinart is going to be a stud and if they add some defensive talent through free agency and the draft next year (see: 2007 Niners) they will be ready to compete.

Quadstriker 09-04-2007 08:30 PM

5-6 wins. Same as always.

MyTurn2Raise 09-11-2007 01:37 AM

new year, same [censored]

gah

MyTurn2Raise 09-11-2007 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
GO CARDS!!!!

I'm expecting them to find innovative ways to screw it all up again. OH well

[/ QUOTE ]

some teams are just too predictable

CharlieDontSurf 09-11-2007 02:15 AM

despite knowing they'll blow...and having it happen over and over and over again...still [censored] hurts every single time.

FishSticks 09-11-2007 02:24 AM

Cardinals Fans:

Don't take it too hard. Brand new coaching staff installing a totally new offense. 49ers really do have an elite secondary to shut down the pass. Cardinals looked a little more physical on the whole, they showed they have a decent o-line, Edge has some life in his bones, the defense isn't a total pushover, and as the Leinart gets more comfortable with the new schemes and isn't facing TWO Pro-Bowl corners he's bound to play better.

tuq 09-11-2007 02:30 AM

I live in Phoenix and like football. Even so today I had to say to someone, "did the Cardinals play yesterday? How did they do?" I had no idea it was a Monday night game and frankly don't care. Charlie, it's hazardous to your health to support a Bidwill-owned team and I checked out a long time ago.

DesertCat 09-11-2007 01:41 PM

Despite the painful ending, my outlook has actually improved. They actually ran the ball! They actually played good defense! They actually pressured the QB with only 4 lineman! They only sucked at passing the ball and that's the one area I have confidence we can improve in. Of course if SF turns out to be a terrible team I'll take it all back.

tuq 09-11-2007 01:52 PM

Haha, I just remember that Charlie did this same thread last year and I warned you suckers. But they had Leinart! And Edge! And a new stadium! Wheeeeeee, crown their ass!

God how I wish Bidwill had taken his team and gone to LA when he was looking into that a few years ago. We would have gotten an expansion team in like five minutes, and LA would be stuck with this festering turd of a franchise.

SL__72 09-11-2007 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Despite the painful ending, my outlook has actually improved. They actually ran the ball! They actually played good defense! They actually pressured the QB with only 4 lineman! They only sucked at passing the ball and that's the one area I have confidence we can improve in. Of course if SF turns out to be a terrible team I'll take it all back.

[/ QUOTE ]

I basically thought all these things too. I had hoped the playing with their tails between their legs in the 4th would leave with Denny though. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

CharlieDontSurf 09-11-2007 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Haha, I just remember that Charlie did this same thread last year and I warned you suckers. But they had Leinart! And Edge! And a new stadium! Wheeeeeee, crown their ass!

God how I wish Bidwill had taken his team and gone to LA when he was looking into that a few years ago. We would have gotten an expansion team in like five minutes, and LA would be stuck with this festering turd of a franchise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tuq...laugh all u want. but when the Suns lose to the Spurs in the playoffs next...i'll chime in and say..told u so

Ya the Cards D looked good...our corners are still shaky.
Maybe we'll sign Assante in off season.

Running game looked pretty good.
Matt looked a bit shaky...needs to stop dancing so much in the pocket and just commit to a throw.

More trick plays with Boldin please

Mano 09-11-2007 02:07 PM

Lienart looked immobile and hesitant which is not a good combination with a suspect offensive line. I had Lienart and Boldin on my fantasy team and am scrambling to find a sucker that will trade for them.

tuq 09-11-2007 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tuq...laugh all u want. but when the Suns lose to the Spurs in the playoffs next...i'll chime in and say..told u so

[/ QUOTE ]
What is this? I thought you liked the Suns and generally agreed the Spurs are a bunch of gaywads.

CharlieDontSurf 09-11-2007 02:22 PM

Yes...but I know that overall in a 7 game series. Spurs will win the majority of the time unless the Suns run good.

gusmahler 09-11-2007 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lienart looked immobile and hesitant which is not a good combination with a suspect offensive line. I had Lienart and Boldin on my fantasy team and am scrambling to find a sucker that will trade for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hesitant, yes. Immobile, no. The announcers kept saying how he can't run, despite the fact that he ran for 35 yards and was only sacked once. He's obviously not Vince Young. But he has decent mobility.

His problem was that he looked lost out there. He didn't know where to throw it and was taking off running very early. I would hope he improves because he didn't have either problem last season.

StuckaRack 09-12-2007 03:29 PM

I think right NOW Leinart is both hesitant and immobile, but watching him play I think his future is very bright.

He got most of those 35 yards on one play where a lineman over pursued and he had the whole left side of the feild wide open.

Unfortunatly this week he plays the Seahawks and if he is hesitant and immobile against them they will hurt him bad.

Seattles defense is totally revamped from last year, they now specialize in attacking the quarterback, if Arizona cant get their running game going Leinart will be sacked 8 or 9 times and probably knocked out of the game.

09-12-2007 04:11 PM

Disappoint because they perennially suck? Or disappoint because they suck AND they're in the weakest division? If you still find this team disappointing, then YOU'RE NOT WHO I THOUGHT YOU WERE!!!

capone0 09-12-2007 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Disappoint because they perennially suck? Or disappoint because they suck AND they're in the weakest division? If you still find this team disappointing, then YOU'RE NOT WHO I THOUGHT YOU WERE!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

West isn't the weakest division anymore. It isn't the best either by any means.