Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Cardrunners.com Membership (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=507978)

Damani311 09-24-2007 02:16 AM

Cardrunners.com Membership

Anyone have one? It looks like a hot ticket....

However, do they have a five month minimum for the monthly signup? I tried to sign up, and it took me straight to a page where it's trying to charge me $124.95....???????

a nonymous 09-24-2007 02:30 AM

Re: Cardrunners.com Membership

I have one. It's def worth it.

SirNeb 09-24-2007 02:43 AM

you have to pay some initial signup fees. I don't know how much that is. I know it's at least 50-60bucks on top of 25bucks a month.

DMoogle 09-24-2007 02:44 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again... it's one of the best investments (if not THE best) I've ever made in my poker career. CR has helped turn me from a marginal winner at best at .50/1 NL to a solid winner in MSNL, now playing primarily 5/10 NL.

The first time sign-up fee is $100, and it's $24.95 a month. That's why you need to pay $124.95 up front. For me, it's paid for itself MANYfold.

Damani311 09-24-2007 03:07 AM

Man that's steep...i know it's worth it but i guess i'm gonna have to wait until my job gets my finances on my feet.

Thanks guys

Teh1337zor 09-24-2007 11:00 AM

I dunno if it has had that much of a drastic effect on me as it had on dmoogle but when im running bad/playing bad watching a few videos help you reevaulate your game and plug up some leaks, also they have some great HU vids. Agree that it has payed for itself mayfold btw.

VPIP100 09-24-2007 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've said it before and I'll say it again... it's one of the best investments (if not THE best) I've ever made in my poker career. CR has helped turn me from a marginal winner at best at .50/1 NL to a solid winner in MSNL, now playing primarily 5/10 NL.

The first time sign-up fee is $100, and it's $24.95 a month. That's why you need to pay $124.95 up front. For me, it's paid for itself MANYfold.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you think are the best vids and from whom?

I just joined, saw 20 vids or so, yes it improved my game but not very drastic or so. (not that I expected)

SnglMaltScotch 09-24-2007 11:13 AM

I don't want to overstate this:

I payed through Full Tilt so I was required to pay for 6 months. Came to $250 or so. I typically play 200NL.

I have watched exactly 4 videos. (Townsend/Taylor/Muddy/byt...) and I think that I have pretty much gotten my money's worth. Seriously. Other than the Townsend video where he just beat on one concept for 20 mins the others were great. Good advice and good information. If it give me 2 buy-ins over the course of forever, it is worth it.

SMS

ikestoys 09-24-2007 11:14 AM

DON'T DO IT!!!

Nibster 09-24-2007 11:17 AM

Also, they are going to update the site within the next 7 days, I mean 14 days, I mean 30 days, I mean within the next 10 years.

thirteen 09-24-2007 11:42 AM

I had a one month membership a while back before Townsend joined the staff. I'd say that Taylors videos where the best, but his game is so reads oriented (which is what makes him so good) so other than basics I'm not sure you'll learn anything really advanced. I wasn't a big fan of Andrews videos. You can definitely see the skill difference between him and Taylor.

I'd like to see some of Townsends videos but i'm not curious enough to sign up again and pay another setup fee.

pureklas 09-24-2007 11:44 AM

I have a membership, it was a good investment on my part.

En Passant 09-24-2007 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, they are going to update the site within the next 7 days, I mean 14 days, I mean 30 days, I mean within the next 10 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

eastern motors 09-24-2007 12:44 PM

Does anyone have an opinion as to which is better between cardrunners and stoxpoker.com?

Stoxpoker is $20/month + $30 to start. So it is a bit cheaper but I don't know if their videos are as good.

o0o0o0o 09-24-2007 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's important that they clear the site of all bugs and make it how they want it before releasing it. You really can't put a ETA on these things. Taylor wants to make sure things are perfect and was nice enough to try to give a ETA. Unfortunately it appears that something has caused a hold up, and I'm sure Taylor is working his hardest to fix it and launch the site. It's not like he's holding it back on purpose.... come on guys. Be thankful he's giving a new site instead of complaining about it.

hed zup 09-24-2007 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

[/ QUOTE ]

En Passant 09-24-2007 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's important that they clear the site of all bugs and make it how they want it before releasing it. You really can't put a ETA on these things. Taylor wants to make sure things are perfect and was nice enough to try to give a ETA. Unfortunately it appears that something has caused a hold up, and I'm sure Taylor is working his hardest to fix it and launch the site. It's not like he's holding it back on purpose.... come on guys. Be thankful he's giving a new site instead of complaining about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Taylor or another cardrunner employee always come into the threads about the site and make it a point to let everyone know that a new site will be up and ready very soon, and it never is. If you know there are going to be delays, don't make these empty promises.

Stinger88 09-24-2007 01:30 PM

I don't work with the behind the scenes stuff so I'm not really sure when exactly the new site will be up, although I think it's very soon, but all I know is once it's up people won't be disappointed.

Nibster 09-24-2007 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't work with the behind the scenes stuff so I'm not really sure when exactly the new site will be up, although I think it's very soon, but all I know is once it's up people won't be disappointed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ding, ding, ding... here's another one.

Nibster 09-24-2007 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't build something up and give a semi-formal release date (We've heard, a month, 7 days, etc.) What they basically did was build up some excitement and fail to deliver. This didn't happen once or even twice, but numerous times. Truthfully, I don't really care, but I do find it quite amusing.

revlis87 09-24-2007 02:52 PM

Guys,

Cardrunners is the best training tool on the internet, short of getting good private coaching which is far more expensive (and admittedly better probably). There is no better run site (delays on the launch are annoying, yes, but they are so that we all get a great product) and the customer service and skill level of the players sets it apart. We are talking about a few hundred bucks for knowledge and resources that will help you make 10's of thousands, fairly easily, if applied correctly. I mean, come on people get with the program and sign up. If this is too much money for you then poker probably isn't for you.

thirteen 09-24-2007 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone have an opinion as to which is better between cardrunners and stoxpoker.com?

Stoxpoker is $20/month + $30 to start. So it is a bit cheaper but I don't know if their videos are as good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen some of the stoxpoker NLHE videos. Stox is good, but my opinion was that Taylor's videos were better. I'm not 100% sure but I think Stox's strength is Limit Holdem, so its possible that his insight into LHE is much better than his NLHE videos.

Snipe 09-24-2007 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have both and Stox sucks. Perhaps it's just user error, but the resolution on their videos is very bad.

Add to the fact that their instructors are good, but not world class players (no offense LeatherAss) limits the value IMO.

Cardruners, on the other hand, has abysmal support and their DRM is teh ghey. I can only stream vids at this point as the DL'ed ones won't work.

thirteen 09-24-2007 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Cardruners, on the other hand, has abysmal support and their DRM is teh ghey. I can only stream vids at this point as the DL'ed ones won't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, when I had a membership I had quite few issues with the DRM. First off, It doesn't work an Mac's at all. Secondly, Even on my PC there were issues getting it to work properly. The streaming videos seemed to work only some of the time.

SlowHabit 09-24-2007 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's been 10 days since Taylor made this claim. Can I see results plzzz [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

StoxPoker 09-24-2007 04:00 PM

Sorry about the problem you had on the resolution.

We have continued to make improvements in it over the last few months. Are you having that problem on the videos of the last couple of months? On the new FLASH versions?

If you are no longer a Premium member, just let me know and I will upgrade you again for another 30 days just to check out the video quality again

sleepi 09-24-2007 04:08 PM

i seen that leatherass coach for stox shortstacking for 20BBS on stars. you want to learn from that kind of [censored]? the top 2 sites are and will always be cardrunners and pxf. CR for cash and PXF for MTTs.

ClubChamp04 09-24-2007 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope flash videos are not part of this upgrade. Taylor has said they will be limited to around 30 minutes so that isn't going to make a a lot of people happy. His videos are always short anyway though so I guess it will give him a good reason to cut them off after 30 minutes instead of thinking up new excuses everytime. Taylor, these excuses give off the impression that you think you're better than everyone else and your time is too valuable to make videos, what's up with that? Also, replayer vids don't thrill me either.

The title is very spammy btw.

stickdude 09-24-2007 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
another cardrunner employee always come into the threads about the site and make it a point to let everyone know that a new site will be up and ready very soon

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that's spooky how accurately you called that one...

silver book 09-24-2007 04:42 PM

When is cardrunners gonna have that membership fair?

TheDna 09-24-2007 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have both and i think stox has a much better limit content. Bryce is just a limit god and he is very good in teaching the concepts, so if you play limit and specially headsup limit i would go for stox 100%.
Cardrunners is much better for NLH imo, while stoxx has some content there too.

Btw is PokerXfactor any good at all ?

thirteen 09-24-2007 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Btw is PokerXfactor any good at all ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, for MTT's

The Bryce 09-24-2007 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have both and Stox sucks. Perhaps it's just user error, but the resolution on their videos is very bad.

Add to the fact that their instructors are good, but not world class players (no offense LeatherAss) limits the value IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the last couple months we did a complete technical overhaul at stoxpoker, re-produced the entire library, and brought in a camtasia guru to handle the production of videos, so hopefully any technical issues you were experiencing have been resolved. We've also added new NL and MTT staff and have bumped the video release schedule up a notch.

Basically, there are two stoxpokers. The old one was Nick's hobby project and a solid LHE site. The new one is an entirely different animal.

Digimortal 09-24-2007 04:55 PM

Satisfied customer here, i think the $tinger/bt vids are worth
the price alone.

Op do like i did, just treat yourself to a subscribtion after a donkament win or a good day at the cashtables.

gregorio 09-24-2007 07:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen some of the stoxpoker NLHE videos. Stox is good, but my opinion was that Taylor's videos were better. I'm not 100% sure but I think Stox's strength is Limit Holdem, so its possible that his insight into LHE is much better than his NLHE videos.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stox is more TAG than Taylor. Haven't seen any of aba's videos, but taylor makes more moves than stox; assume aba does too. I don't know how high Stox plays, but he says he's won over a mil playing NLHE online, so he can't be that bad.

mikever 09-24-2007 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DON'T DO IT!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.

Just read Phil Helmuth's book. That oughta do ya.

zooot 09-25-2007 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
DON'T DO IT!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.

Just read Phil Helmuth's book. That oughta do ya.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

Don't watch Stinger, BT, or GP, nothing to see there.

davidlong14 09-28-2007 10:59 AM

They only get my $ if Jman's continued participation is guaranteed...

Stake Monster 09-28-2007 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
DON'T DO IT!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

villainy 09-29-2007 03:03 AM

I've been a Stox member for a few months now. They are really doing a great job. I've had no problems running the videos. They are very receptive to members asking questions or requesting a style of play in their videos.
They are happy to take questions about how certain hands
were played. They don't edit out their bad hands. In fact
they talk about why they should have done something different....which makes it very real and helpful. I think if you use this site as a tool to work on your game you can't help but improve rapidly.
I would be very surprised if you didn't find Stoxpoker to be a very good value. I know I have.