Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Recent Amarillo Slim news? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=255562)

Daliman 11-08-2006 01:17 PM

Recent Amarillo Slim news?

From Bodog's capsule on the upcoming movie on Slim;

[ QUOTE ]
More recently, Slim has made his way back into the news when he was cut off by a passing car last Wednesday. A passenger of the other car then got out, approached Slim, pulled a gun and demanded money. Slim, always the gambling man, threw it into reverse and took off as the gunman fired three shots into Slim’s car. The robber got back into his car and tried to chase Slim but of course, the action hero, Amarillo Slim, lost him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard nothing about this, and frankly, unless there are eyewitnesses, I call BS. He may be a child molester, but he's not stupid. Numerous times in his poker career he's been held up and just given up the money, course back then he knew he had bad people that would find it for him. I think it's just a pathectic old man looking for good publicity since he f'd himself in the poker boom, and he coulda been the biggest star out there.

Hamburglar 11-08-2006 01:21 PM

Re: Recent Amarillo Slim news?

Slim, always the gambling man, threw it into reverse and took off as the gunman fired three shots into Slim’s car.

pretty hard to lie to the cops about having fake bullet holes in your car.

Wendell Pierce 11-08-2006 01:24 PM

Plus the whole DNA thing probably ties him in something fierce, oh sorry, diff story.. continue.

Daliman 11-08-2006 01:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Slim, always the gambling man, threw it into reverse and took off as the gunman fired three shots into Slim’s car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Slim's lied about bigger things, and I'm pretty sure he has access to ways to make the holes not fake.

TxRedMan 11-08-2006 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Slim's lied about bigger things, and I'm pretty sure he has access to ways to make the holes not fake.

[/ QUOTE ]

what's your vendetta w/ slim?

i've met slim and played w/ him before, and he's a very nice guy. very amiable. i dont know one way or the other what happened w/ him and his grandkids, but i will say that money is the ultimate motivation to do things like that. who knows if its true or not? i dont think we can make that assumption, and I know people have made mistakes before.

Slim could probably not care less about missing out on the poker boom, kid. He's well off- substanitally so. He doesn't need the lime light anymore, and he doesn't pull a stunt like this, either.

I think the reason he didnt give it up, is because he's not afraid of dying. If that's how the Lord wanted him to go, well, then so be it.

Honestly, I think you dont have much character.

kassdog 11-08-2006 02:12 PM

He's a child molester?

No Fizzle 11-08-2006 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont know one way or the other what happened w/ him and his grandkids, but i will say that money is the ultimate motivation to do things like that. who knows if its true or not?

Slim could probably not care less about missing out on the poker boom, kid. He's well off- substanitally so. He doesn't need the lime light anymore, and he doesn't pull a stunt like this, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

In August 2003 Preston was indicted on three charges of indecency with a 12-year-old child (his granddaughter). The charges were reduced to misdemeanor assault in a plea bargain and on February 10, 2004 he pled guilty to the reduced charges, receiving a $4,000 fine and two years deferred adjudication.

Arbitrage 11-08-2006 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i dont know one way or the other what happened w/ him and his grandkids, but i will say that money is the ultimate motivation to do things like that. who knows if its true or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

In August 2003 Preston was indicted on three charges of indecency with a 12-year-old child (his granddaughter). The charges were reduced to misdemeanor assault in a plea bargain and on February 10, 2004 he pled guilty to the reduced charges, receiving a $4,000 fine and two years deferred adjudication.

[/ QUOTE ]

pwnd

Daliman 11-08-2006 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i've met slim and played w/ him before, and he's a very nice guy. very amiable. i dont know one way or the other what happened w/ him and his grandkids, but i will say that money is the ultimate motivation to do things like that. who knows if its true or not? i dont think we can make that assumption, and I know people have made mistakes before.

I think the reason he didnt give it up, is because he's not afraid of dying. If that's how the Lord wanted him to go, well, then so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oblivious much?

#1 I'm likely older than you, so call others "kid".
#2 So, exactly what $$$ was the ultimate motivation? The dollar in the 12 years old's pants he was reaching for?
#3 Slim absolutely, 100% cares about missing out on the poker boom. How on earth can you be so stupid as to think one of the world's best self-promoters doesn't care about the limelight?
#4 I have a long-standing vendetta against anyone who molests children; it's a flaw I have.
#5 Calling molesting a child a "mistake" is right up there with , "I plead guilty because I didn't want to deal with all the crap",( Essentially what he said as to why he plead guilty)
#6 Your a moran. Seriously, you may be retarded, or find Slim attractive, because he is a repugnant human being. Exceptionally interesting, yes, but a real life piece of [censored].

Ansky 11-08-2006 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he molests children would be my first guess.

Rupert 11-08-2006 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
#6 Your a moran

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

MRBAA 11-08-2006 02:57 PM

Even friendly and largely sympathetic accounts of Slim's doings, for example Holden's Big Deal, make it abundantly clear he is an a-hole and woman-hater.

lastcoyote 11-08-2006 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
#6 Your a moran

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

bwahahahah (Go Dali! F the molesters)

"who knows if its true or not? ...I know people have made mistakes before."

TxRedman - maybe stick to making posts where you don't come off as sympathetic to child molesters.

DesertCat 11-08-2006 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

#6 Your a moran. Seriously, you may be retarted

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. Don't make me do it again. You know full well you can't combine "moran" with "retarded" in the same sentence. Use one, you must use the other...

MJC1977 11-08-2006 03:01 PM

Tx Redman Should be [censored] Raped and Die/ *DELETED*

Post deleted by Dids

Daliman 11-08-2006 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

#6 Your a moran. Seriously, you may be retarted

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. Don't make me do it again. You know full well you can't combine "moran" with "retarded" in the same sentence. Use one, you must use the other...

[/ QUOTE ]

Dammit, you got me.

Wendell Pierce 11-08-2006 03:12 PM

TxRedman how is the "bad beat on the amber alert" charity going?

Michael Davis 11-08-2006 03:27 PM

Re: Tx Redman Should be [censored] Raped and Die/

"find your funeral and piss on your grave for suggesting Slims' grandchild or anyone else would claim molestation for money."

Please ban this idiot. Great, you were molested. Therefore, nobody claims molestation illegitimately. I guess being molested must have taken your ability to reason.

-Michael

Sponger. 11-08-2006 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great, you were molested. Therefore, nobody claims molestation illegitimately. I guess being molested must have taken your ability to reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like someone has dusted off their old copy of "Diary of Pedophile" by T.J. Davis.

BradL 11-08-2006 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Great, you were molested. Therefore, nobody claims molestation illegitimately. I guess being molested must have taken your ability to reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like someone has dusted off their old copy of "Diary of Pedophile" by T.J. Davis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect.

-Brad

Peter McDermott 11-08-2006 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Please ban this idiot. Great, you were molested. Therefore, nobody claims molestation illegitimately. I guess being molested must have taken your ability to reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, firstly, we're not talking about a hypothetical molestation, we're talking about a real one -- one that resulted in a conviction.

And it may well be possible -- albeit highly unlikely -- for someone to claim that their granddaddy diddled them when they were a kid in order to get a few thousand in the bank.

However, it's completely inconceivable to me -- given how stigmatized paedophilia and the incest taboo is, that someone who was actually *innocent* of diddling a twelve year old would plead guilty to having done so.

captZEEbo 11-08-2006 08:28 PM

to be honest, if I was in Slim's spot, I'd just plead guilty to that same thing...4k fine + probation = whatever

Especially if you're old and don't need new jobs.

Caporegime 11-08-2006 09:01 PM

slim molested me too..and we even had a beer after

The Bride 11-08-2006 09:30 PM

FWIW there was a large thread on RGP on the molestation incedent at the time of the charges which seemed to suggest that Slim's family was not the most psychologically healthy one (go figure), and a made up, or at least highly exaggerated molestation story, to get to the old man's cash, was not entirely out of the question.

Arbitrage 11-08-2006 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to be honest, if I was in Slim's spot, I'd just plead guilty to that same thing...4k fine + probation = whatever

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on Zeebo, your reputation is worth way more than 4k, even if you were just some old poker pro.

Daliman 11-09-2006 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean if YOUR GRANDDAUGHTER accused you of MOLESTING her, you'd be satisfied with just pleading out if you were innocent?

Course, if you were guilty, that's an OK play, maybe less trauma for all involved, but still.

Daliman 11-09-2006 12:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW there was a large thread on RGP on the molestation incedent at the time of the charges which seemed to suggest that Slim's family was not the most psychologically healthy one (go figure), and a made up, or at least highly exaggerated molestation story, to get to the old man's cash, was not entirely out of the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand how they get cash from him in this way? Blackmail?

If so, it's a pretty simple read to me; If he fights, even against his own family, he might be innocent, but if he pleads, I highly doubt it.

Again, Slim would absolutely, positively 100% be the most famous person in poker right now, with likely the biggest endorements too, if this never happened. If you doubt this, realize that he STILL is likely the most widely known poker player in the world, with little to no publicity other than his book since the charges.

ed8383 11-09-2006 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

You mean if YOUR GRANDDAUGHTER accused you of MOLESTING her, you'd be satisfied with just pleading out if you were innocent?

[/ QUOTE ]
Slim said he couldn't go through all the legal hassle because of his health and old age and took the quick way out. I understand what you say and it is true for most of us, we would fight it out till the end if we are innocent. But this is Slim we are talking about, an old devil that has done it all in life.

I don't find it that hard to believe that a free living man known for doing crazy stuff like Slim would plead guilty just to get it over with. I don't think he cares what anyone thinks or cares about his reputation, specially at his age.

Sponger. 11-09-2006 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But this is Slim we are talking about

[/ QUOTE ]

Which means I pretty much don't trust a word he says.

Arbitrage 11-09-2006 12:24 AM

Nobody who is 100% innocent would EVER plead guilty to molesting their grandaughter or anyone else fot that matter.

troymclur 11-09-2006 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because personal integrity and character are meaningless to you? Don't you find it disgusting to admit to molestation in the court of public opinion?

I'll risk the death penalty before i let somebody accuse me of rape/incest/pedophilia and get me to plead Not Guilty. Out of court settlement is different. This is actually agreeing to be convicted of the crime. Seriously, wtf?

mikechops 11-09-2006 12:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody who is 100% innocent would EVER plead guilty to molesting their grandaughter or anyone else fot that matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying he didnt do it, but if I were faced with even a remote possibility of the rest of my life in prison or a plea and a $4,000 fine. Well, I could give a [censored] what people thought of me.

Arbitrage 11-09-2006 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying he didnt do it, but if I were faced with even a remote possibility of the rest of my life in prison or a plea and a $4,000 fine. Well, I could give a [censored] what people thought of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really think that a $4000 fine plea agreement would equate to a life sentence if he didn't take the deal? People get larger fines for DUI's.

mikechops 11-09-2006 12:53 AM

I have no idea what the deal was or what he was facing. I can't imagine you get off light after being found guilty of child molestation, and he isn't a young 'un.

The fine is weird. I guess the DA thought he was guilty but they didn't have a very strong case?

Ansky 11-09-2006 01:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow you can't be serious.

this is the dumbest thing i've read on 2+2 in the last week, and this is been a particularly dumb week.

AJackson 11-09-2006 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I find that surprising, most people would fight that sort of charge with every dollar they have. I know I would. In Slim's case he has life time of achievement and it all ends being falsely known as a pedophile? That's not logical.

captZEEbo 11-09-2006 04:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, nobody has ever been tortured into giving confessions where they are 100% innocent before!

Also, with people saying stuff like 4k less than DUI; why do you assume he's some horrible child rapist then? It's pretty clear that the whole case was b.s. IMO if they settled for that small a fine. People shouldn't think less of him for having this charge.

Phresh 11-09-2006 04:33 AM

I thought he admitted to spanking her only? Doesn't seem too innapropriate. I mean, unless he was dressed in leather and used a ballgag and paddle.

BluffTHIS! 11-09-2006 05:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, with people saying stuff like 4k less than DUI; why do you assume he's some horrible child rapist then? It's pretty clear that the whole case was b.s. IMO if they settled for that small a fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cases like that get plead out all the time for low sentences/fines/probation because of a desire to avoid traumatizing a child further, and a decision that a guilty plea with a minimal punishment is better than taking the risk of a jury buying a molestor's BS and not taking the child's word and his going scott free.

And yeah false charges are made sometimes and obviously this case involved groping or something instead of actual rape, but when everyone in the family including his wife, who didn't need to have this happen to take 1/2+ of all he had anyway (slim said in the book Aces & Kings that she knew where all the lockboxes and dough was) doesn't believe him, then it is more likely he is guilty, especially when he so pleads.

[ QUOTE ]
People shouldn't think less of him for having this charge.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't think less of someone for a conviction of molesting a child, in absence of strong evidence the conviction was based on false allegations, then you simply have zero ethical/moral standards as there isn't much left worse than that for someone to have committed.

captZEEbo 11-09-2006 05:47 AM

My grandpa spanked me before. I didn't file suit. I think it's just his family is crazy.