Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Moneygram is it as easy as sounds? (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401044)

action44 05-11-2007 09:39 PM

Moneygram is it as easy as sounds?

Any experiences would be great.. Does the bank know where the money is being sent? ty

skylos 05-11-2007 10:07 PM

Re: Moneygram is it as easy as sounds?

I just went up to the supermarket to deposit on Stars for the bonus and it was really easy like 5 minutes and showed up on the site within an hour. Stars had like a little map in the cashier section that made it even easier. $9.95 fee on $600.

I was gonna deposit on Full tilt through Moneygram but they way they told me to do it was way different from Stars. I don't know if it was because Stars is using the Moneygram Express thing and Tilt is using regular Moneygram but the way Tilt told me to do it was more like a Western Union type deal.

PLOlover 05-11-2007 10:28 PM

Does stars pick up the 9.95 fee?

hiho 05-11-2007 10:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does stars pick up the 9.95 fee?

[/ QUOTE ]

no

skylos 05-11-2007 10:34 PM

I had to pay the fee. Was looking around at what fees were and Western Union was outrageous at like $50 on $600, Paytru was gonna be like $25 or so I think and epassporte I didn't really consider since they've been so slow and I don't have a credit card so I have a standard account with $500 limit and needed $600 so don't even remember what the fee was gonna be on that.

CCx 05-11-2007 11:48 PM

moneygram is ridiculously easy to use, just follow the directions... ive deposited 1000+ using moneygram a few times and it couldnt be easier, and you cant beat the price (9.95)

chicken10der 05-12-2007 12:20 AM

I would really like to do this, but when I go to the PokerStars cashier, there is no Moneygram option for me. WTF?

Guthrie 05-12-2007 01:11 AM

I'm having a chicken and egg problem with Stars.

Do I go to Stars and tell them how much money I'm going to deposit at some future time, then they tell me what to tell Moneygram, or do I go to Moneygram and try to tell them who Pokerstars is?

The Stars cashier page says something about generating a one-time account number but I have no idea what that does or when I need it, before or after I go to the Moneygram store.

Annorax 05-12-2007 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm having a chicken and egg problem with Stars.

Do I go to Stars and tell them how much money I'm going to deposit at some future time, then they tell me what to tell Moneygram, or do I go to Moneygram and try to tell them who Pokerstars is?

The Stars cashier page says something about generating a one-time account number but I have no idea what that does or when I need it, before or after I go to the Moneygram store.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first one. They come up with a bogus company name and account number for your deposit, then use it with their agent to retrieve the money and credit your account.

Caeddyn 05-12-2007 03:08 AM

Does Moneygram take debit cards or is it cash only?

AML525 05-12-2007 04:07 AM

can someone please explain this moneygram process more throughly? thanks

Nick Rainey 05-12-2007 05:00 AM

I just sent 2k yesterday. I guess anything over 2k and you have to show social security card and drivers license at the grocery store. Other than that it is very easy, just goto your local grocery store, pick up the money gram phone, give them the information, then goto customer service and pay the money.

AA Suited 05-12-2007 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

CCx 05-12-2007 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
it is very easy, just goto your local grocery store, pick up the money gram phone, give them the information, then goto customer service and pay the money.

[/ QUOTE ]

mpslg 05-12-2007 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This explains it pretty well.

cardcounter0 05-12-2007 10:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A step-by-step set of instructions

"Hi, I am a complete tard. I can't follow simple instructions."

I wish I knew all your screen names.

MuckinWinners 05-12-2007 11:33 AM

Made deposit on Stars this morning using MoneyGram Express:

MoneyGram Express Payment at 10:07 AM CST
Stars account credited at 10:24 AM CST

Other than having to leave my house, it could NOT have been smoother.

Paul B. 05-12-2007 02:46 PM

I just got back from making a payment. It was very easy, didn't even have to pick up a phone like you have to for Western Union. It's just one form.

illini43 05-12-2007 04:52 PM

I deposited $250 + $9.95 fee onto Stars this afternoon. I would have put more on, but my summer job doesn't start for another week and I don't have too much cash on me.

Here was the process:

- I went to my local Speedway with the information Stars told me to write down.

- Speedway gave me a number to call.

- I called this number, told them the info, they gave me a confirmation number.

- I take the confirmation number to the cashier and for some reason it doesn't work.

- I locked my keys in my car, luckily I live close by and walked home, went into my garage and got my bike and the spare keys and rode back to Speedway.

- I call the Moneygram number again after loading my bike into the back of my car.

- They confirm the number is correct and to try it again.

- I go back to the cashier, turns out you need to tell them it is an express Moneygram, that was the problem in the first place.

- I completed the transaction at 3:23pm.

- The $250 are now in my PokerStars account and were sent in at 3:47pm.

So, except for locking my keys in the car, this process is very easy. I'm almost 100% sure you can only use cash to send.

AA Suited 05-12-2007 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
moneygram is ridiculously easy to use, just follow the directions... ive deposited 1000+ using moneygram a few times and it couldnt be easier, and you cant beat the price (9.95)

[/ QUOTE ]

wow.. walmart it's $11 for up to $200, and anything over $200 is $22 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Fisti_Cuffs 05-12-2007 11:53 PM

I got some store in the ghetto part of town as my local moneygram agent, scares me everytime carrying mass amounts of cash on me, lol.

cardcounter0 05-12-2007 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got some store in the ghetto part of town as my local moneygram agent, scares me everytime carrying mass amounts of cash on me, lol.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm so glad I don't go thru life like a little pussy.

Paul B. 05-13-2007 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wow.. walmart it's $11 for up to $200, and anything over $200 is $22 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be wrong but I believe it's $9.95 for payments to Stars. When I went into my local Moneygram, I saw signs saying $9.95 up to $500 and $14.95 for $500+, but when I paid it was only $9.95 for $600.

slimon 05-13-2007 01:06 AM

LOL I paid 50 bucks for 600 dollars. I think I got ripped.

Stew 05-13-2007 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can anyone answer this....what about credit cards too?

zaah1 05-13-2007 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can anyone answer this....what about credit cards too?

[/ QUOTE ]

At the walmart i used, they let me use my debit card, but would not have let me use a credit card.

suzy89222 05-13-2007 07:19 PM

are the locations not everywhere? i typed in my location on the moneygram site(st. louis), and it said 'no records found'.

cardcounter0 05-13-2007 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
are the locations not everywhere? i typed in my location on the moneygram site(st. louis), and it said 'no records found'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try "Saint Louis".

SN @ Stars, plz.

BradleyT 05-13-2007 07:44 PM

Try ST LOUIS
no zipcode

suzy89222 05-13-2007 08:00 PM

i did type saint louis, smart ass. it doesnt work.

cardcounter0 05-13-2007 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SN @ Stars, PLZ !!!!!!!

That's funny, it gives me 79 results for Saint Louis. I bet some of the surronding towns would give more.

I didn't see any with an address for Martin Luther King Blvd. or I would have gave those to you.

suzy89222 05-13-2007 08:12 PM

i put in my zip code and it doesnt work. is it that dumb to assume that you should type in your zip code where it asks for it?
my SN is HossTBF on stars. come join me in 500 1k sometime

kickabuck 05-13-2007 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SN @ Stars, PLZ !!!!!!!

That's funny, it gives me 79 results for Saint Louis. I bet some of the surronding towns would give more.

I didn't see any with an address for Martin Luther King Blvd. or I would have gave those to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy now cardcounter, St. Louis does indeed say no matches found. Type Saint, and you're good to go.

whangarei 05-13-2007 08:38 PM

What personal info do you have to give out to send a MoneyGram?

cardcounter0 05-13-2007 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I now have some other things to do. Where are all my helpful critics?
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

illini43 05-13-2007 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The lady at Speedway where I did my moneygram asked for my drivers license number.

If I remember correctly, the people on the phone asked for a phone number and an address.

zaah1 05-13-2007 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol
I used it at a walmart in St. Louis

bluey 05-13-2007 10:33 PM

i did 2k at walmart for 9.95. its really easy.

Hellmouth 05-13-2007 11:08 PM

this looks like a great option but I am a little worried because most of the cashout options require having made one deposit first (epassport etc).

Since Moneygram doesn't allow for getting cashouts, does anyone have a plan how to get winnings back later?

Greg

illini43 05-13-2007 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this looks like a great option but I am a little worried because most of the cashout options require having made one deposit first (epassport etc).

Since Moneygram doesn't allow for getting cashouts, does anyone have a plan how to get winnings back later?

Greg

[/ QUOTE ]

Check