Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   The Official FGators Put up or Shut up Thread (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=520315)

FGators 10-10-2007 10:45 PM

The Official FGators Put up or Shut up Thread

Couldn't come up with a creative title but I did do as many have asked and asked Stars to send me every single hand I've ever played so that we can do this PokerEV thing or whatever and load it into PokerTracker.

Here's what they said,

"Hello Michael,

Thank you for your email.

I will now go ahead and request your hand histories. Please note that
given the large amount of hands you are requesting, this may take some
time. I will forward your hand histories to you once I have received them.

In the mean time, if you need assistance with anything else, please do not
hesitate to contact us as we will gladly assist you 24/7.

Regards,

Mathew
PokerStars Support Team"

A few orders of business

A) People transferring me money for this. I really don't want to come off begging and crap (and please don't ban me gildwulf) but about 50-100 people (literally, you know who you are) said they would pay for this. I have no idea how long I'll continue playing poker but to do this for free I think is a horrible decision on my part. Some people don't post hand histories from tournaments they final tabled yet around 4 million worth of hands. I play on PokerStars because I'm working to get a Porsche and Supernova Elite so I won't play on another site so changing names and hiding honestly isn't an option. I'll continue to play on my name.

B) The ridicule I'll get. I'm down a lot of money in cash games for reasons I believe you'll soon see, it's gotta be a staggering #...but let's move on.

C) If we do the money transfers I think we should send them to a mod (adanthar would be my top choice and then he'd transfer me the money I will be collecting from tannenj,keikiwai,nath,I want Double Eagle too and the rest of you know you are) after I transfer him the hands and then he can pass it along to GSykes whoever has the time to do this.

So here we go, you are getting your wish (though I still find it kind of weird this makes people so truly happy).

T-God 10-10-2007 10:46 PM

Re: The Official FGators Put up or Shut up Thread

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...3/beeraffe.jpg

Requin 10-10-2007 10:46 PM

I don't see the reason for escrowing, you're transfering even if some of them choose not to send right?

Also, propbets on this for suuuuuuuuuuure

furyshade 10-10-2007 10:47 PM

the poker ev graph will be pointless, i've seen i think two graphs of anyone who ran above expectation and the majority i have seen are far below expectation.

pokerchap 10-10-2007 10:48 PM

i guess ill send u $2?
if you really run that bad ur obv. not gonna get ridiculed and will be worshipped.

imozyslow 10-10-2007 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o...3/beeraffe.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

possibly the best first post in a thread ever.

FGators 10-10-2007 10:50 PM

FGators26 (Marlton) on Stars if we are doing this and really don't ban me and ruin this [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

and I won't screw you all I'm not like that (ask a bunch of people you might hate me but I'm straight up)

LiveNow 10-10-2007 10:56 PM

how do you keep a bankroll if all you do is lose?

brandysbich 10-10-2007 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FPP's

FGators 10-10-2007 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No idea..tourney scores and VIP Bonuses?

PJo336 10-10-2007 10:59 PM

everyone knows ur sn already, even i do and i dont play there

bottomset 10-10-2007 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the poker ev graph will be pointless, i've seen i think two graphs of anyone who ran above expectation and the majority i have seen are far below expectation.

[/ QUOTE ]

selection bias ftw

Jay Riall 10-10-2007 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So the money jsut disappears into a black hole I guess?

FGators 10-10-2007 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the poker ev graph will be pointless, i've seen i think two graphs of anyone who ran above expectation and the majority i have seen are far below expectation. [/q
uote]

What is a good # (or one that proves somebody would run terrible over like 4 million hands)?

GSykes 10-10-2007 11:02 PM

OMFG THIS IS EITHER GOING TO BE EPIC OR A LET DOWN I WILL TAKE THE LATTER BUT MAN I HAVE A BONER

FGators 10-10-2007 11:02 PM

I'll transfer the money back if it proves I run ridiculously well.

imozyslow 10-10-2007 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

id rather pay for you to take an IQ test

PJo336 10-10-2007 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what about if it shows u run ave?

hotbacon 10-10-2007 11:05 PM

i also have a massive boner thinking about FGator's graph, even though i've always been one to say that PokerEV show about 1% of the story, as far as running good/bad goes.

oh and is that you in your picture?

Clayton 10-10-2007 11:07 PM

fgators,

as i said before, u dont get any value at all from your marginal hands due to the image u promote.

the big hands and coolers u experience constitutes prob 98% of ur winnings or losses, whereas players who consistently win depend on those situations far less as their means of extracting money. they generate and win significantly more of those $60 pots that you never win because you just check call oop and never fire multiple barrels or riverbets with those marginal hands.

as a result of this, u make urself incredibly exploitable and regulars can handread you easy so they never donate to you. when you do things like CC on a 982 flop oop, when the turn is a king, whatever hero has in position you prob CF the turn like 90% of the time.

conversely, when u cc on a J63 flop oop after just calling pre, we can safely put you on QJ+ and know not to fire any more barrels unless we improve. so when we do, you scream like a little girl how the PokerStars RNG has screwed you over, when in reality it's your playing style that has.

basically out of this comes the theory of gator dollars. other players who play looser and valuebet thinner are capable of finding more +EV spots from both regs and fish, and thus make more.

you, however, stand to never make any money in postflop situations, and can only stack donkeys.

I anticipate your pokerEV thing to maybe run slightly better or worse than the norm, but it will be considerably more erratic than other players at your level, because they are able to influence and win bigger pots that you would never even have thunk to do. the best example I can think of is you never end up with a hand on the river for stacks that backed into something.

anyways, this is the most and prob last I will say on the subject. FGators plays a style of poker that can crush tournaments, SNGs, and live cashgames in most places, however in online cashgames above $1/2 his inability to extract value from thinner than obvious spots leads to his only "swings" coming from cooler situations that [i]everyone else experiences[i]. as a result, his winrate is close to zero, deviating only above or below the norm when he wins or loses his coolers more often than is normal.

PJo336 10-10-2007 11:10 PM

wow so owned

FGators 10-10-2007 11:10 PM

You last played with me like 8 months ago.

hotbacon 10-10-2007 11:11 PM

I think the most interesting thing here will be where his green line is in relation to his blue/red line.
I'd also love to see his W$WSF after he imports to PT, I'm guessing it will be like <38 or something

Conspire 10-10-2007 11:12 PM

Very well written post Clayton.

kiwi 10-10-2007 11:13 PM

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/3526/fgfv5.jpg

hotbacon 10-10-2007 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, you've def improved and I think you should def. be a winning player at 1/2 fwiw. you still don't really hand read though, you just kind ago with premade lines made up in your head which, like clayton said is easy to exploit by good players.

TheProdigy 10-11-2007 12:10 AM

How can any player be this absolutely stupid? I mean really, how do you not realize you are not a winning player after that many hands? I would be embarrassed to even post here if I acted like you do when it comes to my play. Christ dude s.t.f.u please and just improve, move down, or quit. Please.

David Slongsky 10-11-2007 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
A) People transferring me money for this. I really don't want to come off begging and crap (and please don't ban me gildwulf) but about 50-100 people (literally, you know who you are) said they would pay for this. I have no idea how long I'll continue playing poker but to do this for free I think is a horrible decision on my part.

[/ QUOTE ]

So let me get this straight...

You grimmed BBV w/ your fking poker video. BBV offered you money after you said "I am accepting donations" in that video thread, and you still didn't come through.

Now you want money for doing something you were probably going to do anyways? And most likely (lets face it) probably going to grim BBV again? wtf man

edit: [ QUOTE ]
and I won't screw you all I'm not like that (ask a bunch of people you might hate me but I'm straight up)

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah.... im sure

Clayton 10-11-2007 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

wrong

kurosh 10-11-2007 12:43 AM

haahhaha wow this is almost as pathetic as vig

CalledDownLight 10-11-2007 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should probably check out the one in the "sickest fish I've ever seen" thread then.

PokerAmateur4 10-11-2007 12:56 AM

You + PennPal thunderdome = robusto? WORTH A SHOT

Double Eagle 10-11-2007 12:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the most interesting thing here will be where his green line is in relation to his blue/red line.
I'd also love to see his W$WSF after he imports to PT, I'm guessing it will be like <38 or something

[/ QUOTE ]

If the line is set at 38 I will mortgage the house on the under.

NHFunkii 10-11-2007 01:00 AM

I thought this thread was gonna be about the video
but I guess thats not gonna happen

AsydRayne 10-11-2007 01:04 AM

I'm definitely curious to see his ev graph for all-ins. I managed to be $4000 behind EV for allins at 2/4 (that's ten buyins folks) and still be up, albeit marginally, for 30,000 hands. My hunch is he isn't running even close to that badly for all-ins.

Oki-Oki 10-11-2007 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
haahhaha wow this is almost as pathetic as vig

[/ QUOTE ]

Also we dont really care, you seem to think you are somesort of message board celebrity. If that is the highlight of your life that is pretty damm sad.

Also if you play as many hands as you do you cop a [censored]load of beats. But you probably dont realise this as most of us are foucssed on our mistakes not our "tragic" losses. This, not you being doomswitched is why you cant win at poker.

But hey dont let me rain on your parade

prodonkey 10-11-2007 01:11 AM

Ya he's straight up... he wouldn't grimm us a 3rd time would he?

AAmucked 10-11-2007 01:13 AM

How are you guys not mentioning the beerafe? Thing is the greatest thing I've ever seen

Triumph36 10-11-2007 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How are you guys not mentioning the beerafe? Thing is the greatest thing I've ever seen

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously

also fgators is a pathetic attention whore - i'm just upset he hasn't lost all of his money to good players.

zyrrth 10-11-2007 01:21 AM

lol people are paying him money for this crap?