Two Plus Two Newer Archives

Two Plus Two Newer Archives (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   I Worry About Some Of You (http://archives1.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=545851)

David Sklansky 11-14-2007 06:47 AM

I Worry About Some Of You

Whether you believe it or not, I am pretty proud of the fact that lots of people learn things from me. Math challenged learn some math and logic and math adept sometimes learn some street smarts.

There were two types of negative resonses to my Absolute Post. Some said it is wrong to look at things totally pragmatically. Thus a probably futile boycott of AP should be done even if the games are juicy. The people who say that I do not worry about. Its a matter of opinion as far as I am concerned.

The other negative response suggested that my OP was welcomed by AP. It was even suggested that I was directly or indirectly paid for it. Those who think I might be on the take, I also don't worry about. It is logical to think I might have that in me. But if they think I might be on the take in this particular case, I do worry about them. Because it implies they think that AP on the whole likes my post. In other words that they would have prefferred that I posted it rather than posting nothing at all. There were in fact many posters who thought that, even if they didn't question my motives.

There is something wrong with anyone who could think that. I am not trying to be mean. I am trying to get you to realize that you are not thinking straight. As far as I'm concerned having such an opinion tells me you have something like Asperger's syndrome and you should be aware of it. I think anybody who believes AP liked my post is not a good poker hand reader.

Let me spell it out. My post basically said that even if AP totally cleaned house, the remaining management is marked as totally incompetant, at least as far as analyzing poker hands is concerned, or dishonest enough to try to cover up other's wrongdoing. I also said that colluders will continue to have a field day there until they install collusion detection.

Yet some of you think that my remark that you should "go for it" if you think its profitable (while remaining extra vigilant), since a boycott would be unsuccessful, MORE THAN MADE UP for the other words, in the mind of AP's management.
If you are one of those people there is something inside your head you need to fix.

xSCWx 11-14-2007 06:48 AM

Re: I Worry About Some Of You *DELETED*

Post deleted by Gildwulf

Triple_J 11-14-2007 06:50 AM

Re: I Worry About Some Of You *DELETED*

Post deleted by Gildwulf

edfurlong 11-14-2007 06:52 AM

Re: I Worry About Some Of You

Why are you not banned? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

PokerBob 11-14-2007 06:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think anybody who believes AP liked my post is not a good poker hand reader.

[/ QUOTE ]

Spend any amount of time in the strategy forums and you will see that not only are most people here bad hand readers, they suck at poker in general.

PowaHauss 11-14-2007 06:54 AM

head explosion

ursine cotcher 11-14-2007 06:54 AM

DS you should adopt me imo

RickOSU 11-14-2007 06:55 AM

dave do you realize this is BB [censored] V???

ama0330 11-14-2007 06:56 AM

I dont understand a single word of this post.

jfish 11-14-2007 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont understand a single word of this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

jimpo 11-14-2007 06:59 AM

From now on I am going to start a couple of new threads about each of my threads and the responses my OP has gotten. And give them nondescriptive subjects with each word capitalized. That'll make a great forum.

SSNL: Some Of You May Have Thought I Was Suggesting Limping With AK, But You Made A Foolish Mistake

prodonkey 11-14-2007 07:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you not banned? [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

Bulletproof Monk 11-14-2007 07:01 AM

im still confused. how about another thread clarifying this and synergising it with the older material?

Triptanes 11-14-2007 07:02 AM

MORE THAN MADE UP

iHateDonkbets 11-14-2007 07:03 AM

U lost me...
But im dumb imo

rothko 11-14-2007 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As far as I'm concerned having such an opinion tells me you have something like Asperger's syndrome and you should be aware of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.namcworldwide.com/gold/gold%20bar.jpg

Bulletproof Monk 11-14-2007 07:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
U lost me...
But im dumb imo

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe your not dumb but in fact have asperger's syndrome?

LuckyLloyd 11-14-2007 07:10 AM

Bottom line is if David Sklansky wants to start thread after thread endlessly clarifying and refining his statements - he should be allowed to. I rather this than a thread on a standard cooler or some badly played hands at 50nl.

Clayton 11-14-2007 07:16 AM

i knew i should have laid odds on a prop bet that sklanskys first post on the Absolute subject definitely wasn't going to be his last.

sadly i am lazy.

ginko 11-14-2007 07:20 AM

tl;dr

I worry about you too.

KSOT 11-14-2007 07:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
U lost me...
But im dumb imo

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe your not dumb but in fact have asperger's syndrome?

[/ QUOTE ]

A+

2hi4me2cu 11-14-2007 07:30 AM

Because of your position, people are always going to confront your opinions in your posts.

I dont think saying they need theyre heads checked is a good argument, more like fustration they dont accept your words as gospel.

sledghammer 11-14-2007 07:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
From now on I am going to start a couple of new threads about each of my threads and the responses my OP has gotten. And give them nondescriptive subjects with each word capitalized. That'll make a great forum.

SSNL: Some Of You May Have Thought I Was Suggesting Limping With AK, But You Made A Foolish Mistake

[/ QUOTE ]

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...lebronhehe.jpg

kipin 11-14-2007 07:40 AM

Hey David,

I think you are the one with the syndrome.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img],
kipin

Flintoff 11-14-2007 07:44 AM

Some of the responses to your posts were pretty pathetic David. To me, a lot of it came across as "hey lets take a shot at the guy off tv" kind of stuff.

oops....erm....lol donkaments.

OodaThunkett 11-14-2007 08:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Because of your position, people are always going to confront your opinions in your posts.

I dont think saying they need theyre heads checked is a good argument, more like fustration they dont accept your words as gospel.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not as shocked as some of you are that he is resorting to this tactic. I'm older than most of you, and many people have learned things from me, so what I say goes, right?

And the fact is, many people, when losing an argument, will resort to calling the people they are arguing with names. (For their own good, obv.) It's not pretty, and it's not clever, but it's human nature.

Anybody who can start a post saying you need to get people in a position where it is in their best interests not to cheat you, but end it by saying you should ignore that they have cheated you because they probably won't do it again, and if you want to risk it, go for it, is not thinking straight, imo, though obviously I have enough intellectual integrity not to suggest that they have some mental condition if they do this.

Number of 2+2ers currently playing Absolute who will quit now David Sklansky has alerted them to the shock fact that Absolute might actually be a risky site to play: minimal.

Number of 2+2ers who will be encouraged to play Absolute with David Sklansky's 'go for it' ringing in their ears: probably not many more than the number who would have done it anyway.

Number of players who might have quit Absolute had we achieved more publicity: many. Enough to bring them down? Who knows, but enough to hurt them and discourage other sites from taking their course. And after all, apparently most people don't cheat only because it's in their interests not to. As it is, there is no discouragement whatsoever. Business as usual. How does this encourage the sites not to cheat us? It does not.

its_just_me 11-14-2007 08:21 AM

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/441...4814sm3lx8.jpg
sad but true

hoyasaxa 11-14-2007 08:23 AM

After seeing a thread go on for 5 pages encouraging someone to kill themselves its really tough to take anything bbv says seriously. absolute wrong forum to post something in if you have anything of substance to say.

fartman77 11-14-2007 08:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The other negative response suggested that my OP was welcomed by AP. It was even suggested that I was directly or indirectly paid for it.

There is something wrong with anyone who could think that. I am not trying to be mean. I am trying to get you to realize that you are not thinking straight. As far as I'm concerned having such an opinion tells me I might just be leveled here and am oblivious to it. I think anybody who believes AP liked my post is a donkey .

[/ QUOTE ]
i stopped taking the post seriously when DS mentioned that posters may have Asperger's. that comment is straight up laughable. DS is better off just saying some bbv'ers are retarded. Funny thing is that it's probably more truer than having Asperger's. shout out to the shortbusriders.

[ QUOTE ]
dave do you realize this is BB [censored] V???

[/ QUOTE ]

cliff notes:
DS: "i is smart, u is dumb."

its_just_me 11-14-2007 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
After seeing a thread go on for 5 pages encouraging someone to kill themselves its really tough to take anything bbv says seriously. absolute wrong forum to post something in if you have anything of substance to say.

[/ QUOTE ]
this only proofs that you should change your forum settings. ldo

Georgia Avenue 11-14-2007 08:38 AM

This op is hilarious, and fwiw, totally correct.

I'm sick of all these noobs telling the David where and what he should post. The dude is a champion leveler and all around Pimp.

--GA

le_chinois 11-14-2007 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I worry about you too.

[/ QUOTE ]

fartman77 11-14-2007 08:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This op is hilarious, and fwiw, totally correct.

I'm sick of all these noobs telling the David where and what he should post. The dude is a champion leveler and all around Pimp.

--GA

[/ QUOTE ]
The only person he is leveling is himself.
and ppl with asperger's LDO

Slider 11-14-2007 08:50 AM

The title and overly condescending tone in this post bothers me a lot - but you have a good points, especially about collusion and the lack of detection software.

Tooorero86 11-14-2007 08:56 AM

wow , i have aspergers syndrome , but , hmmm i did not suspect you

gregorio 11-14-2007 09:07 AM

someone should give OP his own forum where he can post whatever he likes without cluttering up the other forums.

mikechops 11-14-2007 09:19 AM

One thing I like about OP is that you can call him a fool on his own website. His condescending tone can be pretty irritating but at least he isn't pompous.

augie_ 11-14-2007 09:21 AM

i worry about them too david

skillgambler 11-14-2007 09:24 AM

what do u think about doyle folding a 3-nut-flush against Jamie(lol)Gold david? is he a good hand reader?

Hans Asperger. 11-14-2007 09:31 AM

Well I must say I simply do not agree with this assessment at all.